Irishpride86's Story -(SUCCESS ROGAINE & RU58841,NOW finasteride)

BKF

My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats on your success with your hair loss journey and your little baby girl. BTW you have a beautiful wife!

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Congrats, Irish!!!

How are you applying the RU and foam these days? One in the morning and one at night? All at the same time? What's your routine like?

TitsWillSag

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really happy for you @irishpride86

Im looking upto you as my inspiration. Finasteride has given me Reflex Hyperandrogenicity just like you back in the days. Still shedding after quitting it.

gonna get on Rogaine and RU now. may God be with me.

btw i waited so long to ask you this, but when you had this Reflex thing .... did you shed from sides and back and did your scalp also become very itchy, tingly and burning on Finasteride ?
also, how long did you wait to get back on Finasteride again ?

The itching, tingling and burning happened with me but it has reduced a lot last 25 days since quitting it.

Last edited:

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update in 2020.. hair is still doing great!

My protocol:
Minoxidil foam 1x a day two capfuls
Finisteride 1mg a day
Ru58841 120mg a day 70% ethanol 30% PG

Folks been on these treatments for over 10 years 11 to be exact. Here's a picture of me and my wife just last week!

Just trying to help.

Treatments work, you'll go through sheds continue with treatments.. and you'll be ok :)

Im getting older I'll be 34 this year!

Looking solid. Congrats in every regard.

Ken1983

Established Member
Reaction score

My protocol:
Finisteride 1mg a day

Folks been on these treatments for over 10 years 11 to be exact. Here's a picture of me and my wife just last week!

Just trying to help.

Treatments work, you'll go through sheds continue with treatments.. and you'll be ok :)

how long did the shedding phases last? Which do you think is more effective, RU or finasteride?

RockChalk

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not if she does not come in contact with the medication...

Clearly things are good!
Dude congrats. Apologies if you’ve answered this question, but I take it you continued meds throughout the pregnancy right? What measures did you take to ensure your partner/unborn baby didn’t come into contact with the RU. Kinda scares me a bit.

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude congrats. Apologies if you’ve answered this question, but I take it you continued meds throughout the pregnancy right? What measures did you take to ensure your partner/unborn baby didn’t come into contact with the RU. Kinda scares me a bit.

+1^
Irish bro chime in on this with your experience. Personally it’s the only thing holding me back, fear of wife touching my hair or pillow while on RU, and would be of great help to many others as well.

Congrats on your lovely lady and baby. Most of us here from back then including you have moved on with similar success stories and some have very sadly passed away. Good to see your latest posts here, nice to see solid members chime in every now and then.

jh94

My Regimen
Reaction score
+1^
Irish bro chime in on this with your experience. Personally it’s the only thing holding me back, fear of wife touching my hair or pillow while on RU, and would be of great help to many others as well.

Congrats on your lovely lady and baby. Most of us here from back then including you have moved on with similar success stories and some have very sadly passed away. Good to see your latest posts here, nice to see solid members chime in every now and then.

RU is so unstable and short lasting once in sunlight that I don't think it's worth even worrying about, especially with how little could absorb without a vehicle. The half life is also only about an hour.

120mg ru seems a high dose, no sides at all?

jazz1

Reaction score

My protocol:
Finisteride 1mg a day

Just trying to help.

Awesome man, I followed you since Hairlosshelp and on here, you done well happy for you and great couple, oh congratulations on the baby.

One question were you still on the drugs while you chose to have a baby? So I know for myself in the future, oh and do you cut Finasteride as in proscar? Where do you purchase the RU58841, Kane?

thanks.

Last edited:

TheHawk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shes 7 years younger, and she was chubby because she was very pregnant with our now born daughter, geez a**h**!

This website used be a lot better back in 09' now its full of trolls.. sad...

Seriously F*** off!
Relax. She looked great, especially next to you. Irish looks like a healthy medieval serf.

you’re WINNING and you let this stupid thread get you mad. Chill out

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice hairline bro. Thx for sharing! I had awesome results but had to go to court to get my son back. Which brought everything to a halt for me. After getting that settled I tried to replicate the same thing with what I thought worked, but making it easier by going all oral. Which I did for three times as long with very little progress. I returned to my previous and not even two weeks in I see awesome results. Similar protocol block the conversion to DHT, compete against testosterone at the receptor site, growth stim... Anyway thanks for sharing.

SwagDaddyMooney

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really happy for you @irishpride86

Im looking upto you as my inspiration. Finasteride has given me Reflex Hyperandrogenicity just like you back in the days. Still shedding after quitting it.

gonna get on Rogaine and RU now. may God be with me.

btw i waited so long to ask you this, but when you had this Reflex thing .... did you shed from sides and back and did your scalp also become very itchy, tingly and burning on Finasteride ?
also, how long did you wait to get back on Finasteride again ?

The itching, tingling and burning happened with me but it has reduced a lot last 25 days since quitting it.
Irish powered through the sheds on finasteride? Why are you quitting? I am having the exact sides that you're expressing on finasteride.

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys my hair has never been better, finasteride, minoxidil, and ru58841! Has been key my advice to you all. And my daughter is healthy after taking these treatments!

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well today I decided to take some pictures of my totally natural hairline without it being shaped or anything. I'm 34 now btw, still on 1.25 finasteride, Rogaine foam 1x a day, and 120 MG ru per day.

I gotta say I was surprised my hairline is still intact. And this is a #1 buzz.

Been on treatments for 13 years.

Great head of hair, and at 34 too. Success story indeed. What would you say contributed most to your hair regrowth? And would you say RU was crucial to your success?

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

My protocol:
Finisteride 1mg a day

Just trying to help.

Your hair appears to have turned grey in three months???

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats on being a daddy and your lovely lady! Many thanks for taking the time to post your success story here, you've given me hope!! I'm 23 and just started taking Finasteride a week ago, hopefully I'll be here posting a success story 11 years from now just like you hahahahaha

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Serious question - what are you going to when these treatments stops working/your
androgenetic alopecia is too much to handle?
Do you have a plan?