Involvement Of Mechanical Stress In Androgenetic Alopecia | Von Mises 2d Analysis Models

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@BalderBaldyBald no one's denying DHT is involved in balding, I just think DHT causes calcification and fibrosis = loss of blood flow = miniaturization

And, just to be sure
Hair follicles themselves from balding area have multiple abnormal characteristics
And they still shrink to oblivion when exposed to DHT In-Vitro/Ex-Vivo (means not on scalp anymore)
(It means they have enough spacial growth space, not under any mechanical stress, yet they still shrink)

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know the day will come when skull expansion theory will get accepted by mainstream researchers. Or it may be that it could have been accepted by many but not revealing.

Thebaldcel

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know the day will come when skull expansion theory will get accepted by mainstream researchers. Or it may be that it could have been accepted by many but not revealing.

Weren't you the one bashing me before for suggesting that Androgenetic Alopecia isn't as simple as just genetics? Lol. When one reads enough studies they eventually see that this disease isn't as simple as originally thought.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Weren't you the one bashing me before for suggesting that Androgenetic Alopecia isn't as simple as just genetics? Lol. When one reads enough studies they eventually see that this disease isn't as simple as originally thought.
Skull expansion is genetic bro. But being predisposed doesn't mean that person will have to face the condition. Modifiable changes do reverse or stop many conditions.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
And, just to be sure
Hair follicles themselves from balding area have multiple abnormal characteristics
And they still shrink to oblivion when exposed to DHT In-Vitro/Ex-Vivo (means not on scalp anymore)
(It means they have enough spacial growth space, not under any mechanical stress, yet they still shrink)

Hey, just asking, one of the most common question of those who dont believe in DHT theory is that, WHY the donor area is not dying at the same rate as the top ? And the most common answer is because the donor is less senstive to DHT. So, I am just wondering, is there any study out there that can confirm this assumption ?

The best I can think of, is, maybe, take the follicles from the side and the top, expose them to DHT and see how fast they miniaturize ? Is there any study doing this ?

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, just asking, one of the most common question of those who dont believe in DHT theory is that, WHY the donor area is not dying at the same rate as the top ? And the most common answer is because the donor is less senstive to DHT. So, I am just wondering, is there any study out there that can confirm this assumption ?

The best I can think of, is, maybe, take the follicles from the side and the top, expose them to DHT and see how fast they miniaturize ? Is there any study doing this ?

Another POV would be to do those analysis models on Female hairloss pattern and retrograde alopecia's one which are completely different

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don't know, immune response is surely not be the only factor here
Hair follicles from balding area have multiple abnormous characteristics (scalp excluded)

Most notable one is that balding follicles have much more androgen receptors than those from donor area

How you are supposed to antagonize androgen receptors long term without upregulation?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think following is true
1.Male pattern baldness was neutral or advantageous trait for our ancestor males back on African Savannah during prehistoric times.
2. DHT is a sole cause of male pattern baldness.
3. DHT enlarges head muscles and increases muscle tone which tightens galea aponeurosis like a drum surface. Head muscle sensitivity to DHT is genetic and can't be cured.
4.DHT expand skulls in adulthood. Again this expansion and its extent is genetic.
5. Hairs on the top of the head are DHT sensitive so hair growth gene suppression is greater and faster. That's why men and women looses hair on top . this is again genetic.
So, tight galea aponeurosis+ skull expansion+genetically heighten DHT sensitivity are main causes of hairloss in both men and women.
STR, massage and muscle and galea loosening will only reduce the pace of hairloss but will not cure or give regrowth.it may give regrowth for some but that would be exception.

If it was all a matter of "head muscle" overdevelopment tightening the scalp like a drum, then why there are huge *** bodybuilders with good hair on abnormally high DHT? (steroids)

EVEN if they were genetally very low sensitivity to DHT on the so called head muscle tissues, it would need to be overdeveloped enough compared to the average skull and cause baldness.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it was all a matter of "head muscle" overdevelopment tightening the scalp like a drum, then why there are huge *** bodybuilders with good hair on abnormally high DHT? (steroids)

EVEN if they were genetally very low sensitivity to DHT on the so called head muscle tissues, it would need to be overdeveloped enough compared to the average skull and cause baldness.
Amount of DHT matters to certain levels what matters is genetic sensitivity to DHT. Till date nobody has fully explained why DHT increases in Balding scalp.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that human scalp hairs are the more evolutionated in all beings, but all scalp hairs, without dictintion between sexes are identical in genetic issues, and common hair baldness is a dynamic and multifactorial event, that worsened passing the time. The best option is prevention, but we need know clearly which are the first events....

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think that human scalp hairs are the more evolutionated in all beings, but all scalp hairs, without dictintion between sexes are identical in genetic issues, and common hair baldness is a dynamic and multifactorial event, that worsened passing the time. The best option is prevention, but we need know clearly which are the first events....

So all hairs are exactly the same? then the difference must be in the tissue they are sitting at. However how are stubborn hairs in typical Androgenetic Alopecia prone areas explained? Everyone has intact hairs that don't miniaturize surrounded by minitaurized hair. If all follicles were the same, why does that happen.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
So all hairs are exactly the same? then the difference must be in the tissue they are sitting at. However how are stubborn hairs in typical Androgenetic Alopecia prone areas explained? Everyone has intact hairs that don't miniaturize surrounded by minitaurized hair. If all follicles were the same, why does that happen.

Interesting question, ....
We can ask the same with the androgenetic alopecia theory.

Corey89

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's such a difficult subject. My best friend is bald, as is his dad, but his younger brothers who if consistent with his brother should've lost their hair long ago. They haven't lost a single hair. Meanwhile, my neighbors have their hair completely but their dad is bald. There are many examples but in my opinion it is obviously not as simple as genetics. Meanwhile I've seen dads who are not bald but their son(s) is. My dad was bald (maybe stress related as he was the only one to have children) but neither of his four brothers were bald. My grandpa, my dad's dad or his uncles, were not bald. My mum's side of the family is not bald - not one of them. My brother isn't bald. But I'm scared I could be being the first son.

Another recurring trend I see, again not always, is that people who are generally bald don't exercise much and eat a lot of garbage. These people may have gone bald anyway but being physically inactive such as sitting around all day at work and at home and have a poor diet of refined sugars and processed carbs, drinking and or smoking regularly, sped up this process. Look at the 2019 Colorado Avalanche - all young, super fit and healthy guys without a single receding hairline. I bet you at least some of them have dads who have lost considerable hair or balded completely. So diet and exercise obviously is a factor - poor diet can cause inflammation, increased stress and inability to deal with stress can promote loss if not dealt with.

I think your best bet is to simply eat a well balanced diet and ensure you are receiving as many vitamins and nutrients as you can get, including some of these supposed DHT blocking foods, exercise regularly promoting blood flow throughout the body, scalp massages and other means to loosen the scalp and promote blood flow and healing here such as dermarolling and the use of a dry or infrared sauna, and general overall care.

Buy a shower filter too because the one constant for everyone is showering - cities use chlorine and ammonia in their cleaning methods - these trace amounts get deposited onto your head and skin every single time you shower - it is poisonous. Have you ever seen when a dog urinates on the grass? That contains ammonia - the grass dies - but if the dog stops urinating on the grass - the grass recovers overtime. This trace amount in our water does add up over time undeniably. I know this sounds silly and everyone reacts differently of course, but that is also true. You can google your city water report to verify what chemicals are used.

Aside from some obvious natural methods I don't know what the hell else you can do.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's interesting that some of the most tension in in the safe donor zone while the least tension is where many people form their only bald spot.