Interesting Study On Attractiveness Overestimation

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think most people on here would consider that asian girl on video to be a 5 or 6.

i would say if she has a decent body 98% of the men on this site would be happy to hit that and date her.

Everyone is different I guess. I have seen Asian girls better looking than her who I would call a 5 or a 6. Those Asian girls still don't come close to true 9's or 10's like Alexandra Daddario. Another factor may be that I have been around brown skin all my life so it really doesn't fascinate me. I don't find it "exotic" like many in Europe and America do.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone is different I guess. I have seen Asian girls better looking than her who I would call a 5 or a 6. Those Asian girls still don't come close to true 9's or 10's like Alexandra Daddario. Another factor may be that I have been around brown skin all my life so it really doesn't fascinate me. I don't find it "exotic" like many in Europe and America do.

I personally don't find asian women that attractive

but i can look at people objectively and see beauty.

its not about what i find personally attractive its an objective pov

Also i live in NYC the international mecca of high standard of world class beauty that comes here from all over the world.

so i am not impressed with her for her exotic uniqueness

shes not that unique and she is not that exotic.

but shes not a 4 either.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
@David_MPN brought up a good point yesterday. He said that many of these women we consider average will be above average if we taken into account all the women instead of just focusing on women in the age group of 20-29 or just on women we have seen in college. But that still doesn't change the scale of beauty. If Alexandra Daddario is a 9, the girl in the video will be a 4 as the gradations of beauty will still exist and the gulf between Daddario and the women is really wide.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@David_MPN brought up a good point yesterday. He said that many of these women we consider average will be above average if we taken into account all the women instead of just focusing on women in the age group of 20-29 or just on women we have seen in college. But that still doesn't change the scale of beauty. If Alexandra Daddario is a 9, the girl in the video will be a 4 as the gradations of beauty will still exist and the gulf between Daddario and the women is really wide.

i think you over think it way too much..

its ugly, ordinary, attractive, very attractive, hot.

the asian chick is attractive.

alexandra is hot.

simplify it for yourself.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally don't find asian women that attractive

but i can look at people objectively and see beauty.

its not about what i find personally attractive its an objective pov

Also i live in NYC the international mecca of high standard of world class beauty that comes here from all over the world.

so i am not impressed with her for her exotic uniqueness

shes not that unique and she is not that exotic.

but shes not a 4 either.

I think when trying to assign a number to beauty such as 4 or 5 we run into problem as there are far too many gradations of beauty than the simple numbers from 1 to 10 provide. I don't know what methodology you use but when I assign a number I take into account all the women I have seen in my life and then where the women stands among all of them. The women is a 4. She is below average for the asian women I have personally seen. I will never hit on her in a club. I have rejected prettier asian women before.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are an idiot. Emilia Clarke and Felicity Jones are average? You can be guaranteed that they were some of the best looking women in their university or any company they worked in because they are hollywood moviestars. Average looking people don't get to be hollywood leads.

You are holding up hollywood movie stars as average. Idiot. Stupid comments in this thread.

No, I think you're just probably not as close to "average" as you think you are and are struggling to accept that what you consider "average" is probably, in fact, unattractive. That and celebrity-halo effect.

Fine, I'll replace "average" with "middle-of-the-road" attractiveness, if it makes you feel better.

Emilia Clarke and Felicity Jones are great examples of women who aren't Hollywood perfect, but are still attractive. Believe it or not, being a movie star does not actually require you are also one of the most beautiful people in existence. Jones' teeth are anything but perfect, her eyes aren't even in the same zipcode half the time and without makeup and the right angle, she looks like any other tired mom chasing after her two kids. Yet, she still pretty. My former girlfriend actually looked quite similar, only with black, wavy hair. (I fucked up so bad to let her go, but that's a story for another day...)

Ridley was voted by Askmen readers as 2016s "most desirable woman" beating out all of the models, athletes, etc. with Instagram-perfect bodies, flawless teeth and Kate Beckinsale bone structure. Daisy looks like many of the girls I went to highschool with ffs and she wins this title.

The thesis of my point is that she doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful and I see women that look just as nice and better on my way to the post office, at the mall, getting lunch etc.

These girls are nothing out of the ordinary

MOST people who take care of themselves, have some sense of fashion and style, are at least somewhat attractive.

So in closing, if girls that look like those three (really are good examples) are out of your league even as a fullhead, then I suggest you stop being so critical of people and salivating over bikini models and centerfolds because you're about to be disappointed when you get hair back...

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
i think you over think it way too much..

its ugly, ordinary, attractive, very attractive, hot.

the asian chick is attractive.

alexandra is hot.

simplify it for yourself.

Ok, so you qualify people as ugly, ordinary, attractive, very attractive, hot. I will say that she is ordinary which translates to a 4 or a 5 on my scale. I don't find her remotely attractive.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think when trying to assign a number to beauty such as 4 or 5 we run into problem as there are far too many gradations of beauty than the simple numbers from 1 to 10 provide. I don't know what methodology you use but when I assign a number I take into account all the women I have seen in my life and then where the women stands among all of them. The women is a 4. She is below average for the asian women I have personally seen. I will never hit on her in a club. I have rejected prettier asian women before.

i only do the number thing here but to be honest its a silly concept

i think its so subjective you cant have a universal code such as this.

i think assuming everyone has good figures.

1-3 is like down syndrome of something is wrong physically with face

4 ugly

5 is plain

6 is attractive

7 is very attractive/cute

8 is beautiful

9 very beautiful

10 is super model beautiful.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
i only do the number thing here but to be honest its a silly concept

i think its so subjective you cant have a universal code such as this.

i think assuming everyone has good figures.

1-3 is like down syndrome of something is wrong physically with face

4 ugly

5 is plain

6 is attractive

7 is very attractive/cute

8 is beautiful

9 very beautiful

10 is super model beautiful.

I agree with this except I consider a 4 plain or close to average. I agree with the rest.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I think you're just probably not as close to "average" as you think you are and are struggling to accept that what you consider "average" is probably, in fact, unattractive. That and celebrity-halo effect.

Fine, I'll replace "average" with "middle-of-the-road" attractiveness, if it makes you feel better.

Emilia Clarke and Felicity Jones are great examples of women who aren't Hollywood perfect, but are still attractive. Believe it or not, being a movie star does not actually require you are also one of the most beautiful people in existence. Jones' teeth are anything but perfect, her eyes aren't even in the same zipcode half the time and without makeup and the right angle, she looks like any other tired mom chasing after her two kids. Yet, she still pretty. My former girlfriend actually looked quite similar, only with black, wavy hair. (I fucked up so bad to let her go, but that's a story for another day...)

Ridley was voted by Askmen readers as 2016s "most desirable woman" beating out all of the models, athletes, etc. with Instagram-perfect bodies, flawless teeth and Kate Beckinsale bone structure. Daisy looks like many of the girls I went to highschool with ffs and she wins this title.

The thesis of my point is that she doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful and I see women that look just as nice and better on my way to the post office, at the mall, getting lunch etc.

MOST people who take care of themselves, have some sense of fashion and style, are at least somewhat attractive.

So in closing, if girls that look like those three (really are good examples) are out of your league even as a fullhead, then I suggest you stop being so critical of people and salivating over bikini models and centerfolds because you're about to be disappointed when you get hair back...

Yes but most people don't.

I think if you take 100 random American women aged 24-32 (the same age range as the three women you mentioned) you'll find that less than 20 are comparable to those three.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with this except I consider a 4 plain or close to average. I agree with the rest.

that is more personal for you and your own standards of beauty.

thats why its a totally flaws and subjective concept

i can look at that woman and be unimpressed with her for what i am attracted to personally in fact i was only attracted to one woman on that whole video..thats my own personal taste. And i was not attracted to any of the men and i am heterosexual with just a slim bi side that is very picky about women.

i can remove that and look at it objectively for what most people men and women would consider to be attractive.

i can be wrong but i think most men would think she was attractive. A beauty? no but attractive

i just think you have a similar taste level as coped for life.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

i understand what you are saying and i agree with you

i think what happens is people on here when they talk about average woman there are two different meanings
1. a pretty woman or good looking guy but not perfect or remarkable
or
2. average like a census bureau perspective in usa an average woman is a size 14 now for example so average is not really average but actually unattractive.

I agree with you i have worked with people that until they are in hair makeup and lighting its normal pretty. then after its 'wow'.

but also i do think SOME of the men have these super high standards.
but also some of them don't in real life but just do that on here.

but not sure how the constant evaluating womens looks to such high standards effects dating life in real life..does it make the 'eye' more discerning then it would have been?

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Firstly, I know I'm not average, I'm bald. The average man is not bald therefore I am below average,

Secondly, yes you do have to be beautiful to be a leading lady. No matter what you say you are definitely wrong about this. Even if you got a hundred different 20-something women together only 10-20 of them would be as attractive as Felicity Jones or Emilia Clarke because hollywood leading ladies are 8/10's and 9/10's..

This is actually insane.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Firstly, I know I'm not average, I'm bald. The average man is not bald therefore I am below average,

Secondly, yes you do have to be beautiful to be a leading lady. No matter what you say you are definitely wrong about this. Even if you got a hundred different 20-something women together only 10-20 of them would be as attractive as Felicity Jones or Emilia Clarke because hollywood leading ladies are 8/10's and 9/10's..

This is actually insane.
Not true for an actress being beautiful:

Cate Blanchet (6):
upload_2017-1-28_22-49-15.png

Sandra Bullock (6):

upload_2017-1-28_22-49-55.png

Meryl Streep (5/6):

upload_2017-1-28_22-51-30.png

Hillary Swank (5):
upload_2017-1-28_22-51-56.png

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Those women are in their 50's. Get one hundred 50 year old women together, how many are as beautiful as Sandra Bullock? None. Basically a 10/10 for her age. More delusional bullshit from you people.
Only Meryl is old.

The rest are in their 40s and have been famous for 20 years.

If you think these award winning actresses are pretty then you have odd tastes.

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Precisely. Women's looks normally decline VERY quickly after age 25, and before age 40 most of them are unfuckable at best, many even before that age.

35 is when they start to decline somewhat imo, I don't think they lose their sex appeal till about 50 when they become menopausal.

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Only Meryl is old.

The rest are in their 40s and have been famous for 20 years.

If you think these award winning actresses are pretty then you have odd tastes.
Sandra Bullock is 53. She has no wrinkles. Do you live in the real world? Where do I need to travel to where 53 year old women look like that? Come on.