Inflammation/Diet; cause of M.P.B.?

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ted-the-truth said:
Here are my personal opinions.

Male pattern baldness is a 100% lifestyle condition caused by a faulty diet and sedentary lifestyle with little or no physical exercise.

By faulty diet I mean a diet high in calorie, trans fat etc.

However it appears to be mainly genetic because this kind of lifestyle changes the genes permanently and passes through generations making the follicles more sensitive to the inflammation process triggered by DHT.

A perfect demonstration for this is the vast increase in male and female pattern baldness in Japan after World War II, when the western style of life was introduced.

Also I think Bryan is a narrow-minded, quarrelsome person that is evidently in forums such as these only to represent and defend Big Pharma and the likes, killing all creative and alternative thinking with his 30 year old minoxidil studies.

Bryan is on Merck's payroll. :whistle:

And just FYI, nobody has ever stopped male pattern baldness with diet/exercise alone. It's completely impossible. But you can continue to believe what you want. Julius Caesar was bald - he lived over 2000 years ago. Do you think he ate a high calorie, high trans fat diet? Must have been all those sodas and twinkies he picked up from the supermarket.

ted-the-truth

Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
ted-the-truth said:

Male pattern baldness is a 100% lifestyle condition caused by a faulty diet and sedentary lifestyle with little or no physical exercise.

However it appears to be mainly genetic because this kind of lifestyle changes the genes permanently and passes through generations making the follicles more sensitive to the inflammation process triggered by DHT.

A perfect demonstration for this is the vast increase in male and female pattern baldness in Japan after World War II, when the western style of life was introduced.

Also I think Bryan is a narrow-minded, quarrelsome person that is evidently in forums such as these only to represent and defend Big Pharma and the likes, killing all creative and alternative thinking with his 30 year old minoxidil studies.

And just FYI, nobody has ever stopped male pattern baldness with diet/exercise alone. It's completely impossible. But you can continue to believe what you want. Julius Caesar was bald - he lived over 2000 years ago. Do you think he ate a high calorie, high trans fat diet? Must have been all those sodas and twinkies he picked up from the supermarket.

Maybe I did not make self clear. I did NOT say anyone could stop or reverse male pattern hairloss simply with diet or lifestyle.

I said I think follicle sensitivity is caused by several generations of having the "wrong" lifestyle, hence passing a poorer and poorer "hair gene" down the line.

In the end you will be doomed no matter how healthy you live your life because your ancestry basically ruined this part of your gene set and made your follicles sensitive to DHT and inflammation.

The reason why so many people find this theory far-fetched, I think, is that they hate the thought of changing their lifestyle or blaming it for anything wrong in their life.

As for Bryan being on Merck's payroll, that would actually not surprise me....

Again, these are just my thoughts and it's a free internets :)

ted-the-truth

Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
ted-the-truth said:

Not much sodas in Ancient Rome I think, no:)

However I do believe they consumed quite a bit of red meat (pork), dairy products (cheese) and so on.

docj077

Reaction score
ted-the-truth said:
I said I think follicle sensitivity is caused by several generations of having the "wrong" lifestyle, hence passing a poorer and poorer "hair gene" down the line.

In the end you will be doomed no matter how healthy you live your life because your ancestry basically ruined this part of your gene set and made your follicles sensitive to DHT and inflammation.

The reason why so many people find this theory far-fetched, I think, is that they hate the thought of changing their lifestyle or blaming it for anything wrong in their life.

As far as I know, genetic inheritance doesn't work that way and no single gene has ever been associated with androgenic alopecia.

Baldness has been around since our primate ancestors and it remains a part of their genome to this day even with a diet filled with fruits, nuts, bugs, etc. It's inheritance is likely meant to display age, seniority, and maybe even virility to females. It's not like it suddenly appeared in the human genome a couple of thousand years ago.

Sure, poor diet may accelerate hair loss, but it is quite likely that their are other underlying mechanisms that promote the hormonal changes that often accompany individuals with male pattern baldness. Some have attributed a striking resemblence to a male equivalent of polycystic ovarian syndrome and others compare it to other diseases. After all, several other diseases that really have no hormonal basis have hair loss associated with them and these range from autoimmune disorders like lupus erythematosis to genetically inherited conditions such as myotonic dystrophy.

muhu

Established Member
Reaction score
Ever since I started smoking pot my hair's gotten better and better. :dunno:

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
ted-the-truth said:
Thickandthin said:
[quote="ted-the-truth":2d6v1c7b]Here are my personal opinions.

Maybe I did not make self clear. I did NOT say anyone could stop or reverse male pattern hairloss simply with diet or lifestyle.

As for Bryan being on Merck's payroll, that would actually not surprise me....

Again, these are just my thoughts and it's a free internets :)[/quote:2d6v1c7b]

Ummmm what?
"Male pattern baldness is a 100% lifestyle condition caused by a faulty diet and sedentary lifestyle with little or no physical exercise."

You said male pattern baldness is 100% caused by diet/lifestyle, that would imply that anyone could stop their baldness if they changed these.

Good to see you stand by your argument, took a whole one post to change your stance. Congrats.

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
The scary part is that these posters who blatantly disregard established science with their contrary decisive fantasy imaginations concerning male pattern baldness can also vote or hold office.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
... Anyway! There is no doubt that fiber is essential to the health of our body and hair. As I recall, soluble-fiber creates a gel-like substance that slows the absorption of carbs, which would balance blood sugar and insulin. Soluble-fiber significantly reduces the amount of fat that is absorbed, and reduces bile from reabsorbing, that's one of the reasons it is thought to also help prevent arteriosclerosis (a huge factor in M.P.B.). Insoluble-fiber moves through the digestive system and cleanses the intestines, it is know to help bind to toxins and excrete them out of the body, it also helps increase the bulk of your sh*t.

It is thought that a high fat diet leads to more estrogen and D.H.T. and less S.H.B.G. and I read somewhere that a low fat, high fiber, diet will lower estrogen and D.H.T. and increase S.H.B.G. and testosterone. Therefore fiber plays and important and vital role for the health of the hair.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
rheinblick03 said:
misterE said:
... Anyway! There is no doubt that fiber is essential to the health of our body and hair. As I recall, soluble-fiber creates a gel-like substance that slows the absorption of carbs, which would balance blood sugar and insulin. Soluble-fiber significantly reduces the amount of fat that is absorbed, and reduces bile from reabsorbing, that's one of the reasons it is thought to also help prevent arteriosclerosis (a huge factor in M.P.B.). Insoluble-fiber moves through the digestive system and cleanses the intestines, it is know to help bind to toxins and excrete them out of the body, it also helps increase the bulk of your sh*t.

It is thought that a high fat diet leads to more estrogen and D.H.T. and less S.H.B.G. and I read somewhere that a low fat, high fiber, diet will lower estrogen and D.H.T. and increase S.H.B.G. and testosterone. Therefore fiber plays and important and vital role for the health of the hair.

IVE SEEN FAT FUKKIN 650 LB BEACHED WHALE GUYS EAT SLOPPY-*** FOOD FROM PONDEROSA, MAYBE EATING 35,000 CALORIES A SITTING, NOT ONE OF THEM CALORIES A GOOD CALORIE AND THEY GOT MORE GOD DAMN HAIR ON THEIR HEAD THAN CHINA HAS CHINS. DIET DONT MEAN sh*t. STOP BELIEVING THIS STUPID INCREDULOUS CRAP.

there. enough said.

my wife left me and im sad and the ho said were not getting back together. i love that wh***.

Jeeze, sorry about your wife... Those "fat fuckin 650lb beached whale guys" must not have a predisosition to M.P.B. but if they keep eating "sloppy-*** food" then generations down the line might begin to start balding.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
rheinblick03 said:
my male pattern baldness isnt from my diet its from stress and age, ive been eating like sh*t for 34 years running, only recently did i start stressing all the time and started shedding 1,200 hairs a day (i know bc i counted them in rows of 10).

diet is not really that big of a factor.

Maybe those 34 years of "eating like sh*t" have finally caught up to you. Alcoholics don't get liver damage all at once, it is a slow process that takes a long amount of time to finally catch up. Stress is caused by a rise in cortisol, cortisol is a stress hormone, which is stimulated by estrogen. Shedding 1,200 hairs a day is harsh, but taking the time to count all 1,200 every day...that too seems a bit harsh. Anyway, I disagree withyour statement "diet is not really that big of a factor".

barcafan

Reaction score
misterE said:
rheinblick03 said:
my male pattern baldness isnt from my diet its from stress and age, ive been eating like sh*t for 34 years running, only recently did i start stressing all the time and started shedding 1,200 hairs a day (i know bc i counted them in rows of 10).

Maybe those 34 years of "eating like sh*t" have finally caught up to you. Alcoholics don't get liver damage all at once, it is a slow process that takes a long amount of time to finally catch up. Stress is caused by a rise in cortisol, cortisol is a stress hormone, which is stimulated by estrogen. Shedding 1,200 hairs a day is harsh, but taking the time to count all 1,200 every day...that too seems a bit harsh. Anyway, I disagree withyour statement "diet is not really that big of a factor".

Cortisol follows stress, not the other way around.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
barcafan said:
misterE said:
rheinblick03 said:

Cortisol follows stress, not the other way around.

Yes, stress does increase cortisol, so does estrogen. Beta Sitosterol is know to balance the stress hormones like cortisol, to rebuilding hormones such as D.H.E.A., which means that the stress you encounter won't deplete your body of hormones vital for overall health.

abcdv12

Reaction score
Plysllium seemed to have helped me with the health of my existing hair and overall health of the scalp significantly . It may have significantly reduced , the number of hairs i loose every day. But then again I am allready ,, atleast NW6 . So, it is hard to judge.

But I think any one who just started loosing hair
or just want to keep what they have should definately look at some thing like psyllium or similar fiber supplements, and see if it helps, at least slow down the hair loss.

Bye.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Wow! Over 2000 views, I’m impressed, I really hope we can contribute more ideas to the inflammation/diet theory in order to better help reverse M.P.B.

abcdefg

Reaction score
There are endless examples of people that are balding that are eating strictly healthy diets. Its just stupid to even think that when you see endless counter examples.

Some scientist needs to get to the bottom of the androgens + head hair = bad, while androgens + body hair = good. How about they spend their time on that instead of giving us another study that teen pregnancy is up or that more teens are having sex or some stupid non sense like that.

armandein

Established Member
Reaction score
ted-the-truth said:

With all respect,
Can you explain "However it appears to be mainly genetic because this kind of lifestyle changes the genes permanently and passes through generations making CERTAINS follicles more sensitive to the inflammation process triggered by DHT"

Common baldness have a special pattern hair loss, is the same for inflamatión?

Armando

SuperMeh

Established Member
Reaction score
I think people have to be open minded, but here there are many going to extremes on both sides of the spectrum.

It is not 100% lifestyle, we know this because I'm all sure we know someone who eats crap all the time, may or may not be nearing obesity and whatever else, and have good/great hair. I've definitely never eaten poorly (I have a varied diet with a lot of healthy foods), but I have eaten a lot of 'bad' food as well, an awful lot of meat, my mum gives me too many deserts.. lol =P

After reading this thread I made a concerted effort to try new things in my diet, I read-up on anti inflammatory diets and other causes of inflammation in the diet. I stopped buying red meat, I stopped drinking milk outright - not just for my hair but if you read up on it, it has no place in an adults diet imo - also stopped cheese and did my best to cut down sugar and alcohol. I've noticed a lot less itching on my head, I also had minor excema on a few small areas on my hands, this went away, also my minor acne calmed down a lot,. Then last week I stayed at my rents, I told myself when I started trying new dietary methods I wouldn't let it effect other peoples plans - ie I wouldn't start dictating to my mum what I would and wouldn't eat - so I just had what I was given - a lot of meat, far too many deserts.. (I coulda said no to them but.. =p) etc etc, when I got home on the weekend I felt and looked pretty damn poor, my forehead was pretty spotty and my head was itchy as hell.

I think diet is important for people who are more sensitive to chemical inbalences. I think it should be taken into account as a partial cause in some people, even if it is minor.

I holistic approach is a good addition to anyones regime imo, it is not something everyone will find easy, but it should be kept in consideration, not just for hair but for the wide range of health benefits, although I do not agree with all of MisterE's opinions on hair loss I'm very thankful for his insights and glad he's put the effort into sharing them.

abcdv12

Reaction score
MisterE,
Have you had any issues with "gyno" , since you started taking beta sito ?

and How is beta sitosterol , different from othe phytosterols ?
are all phytosterols as good as beta sitosterol ?
The betasterol i found at vitamin shoppe has only 120mg or so beta and
alltogether 250 mg (with other phytosterols).
How many tablets do you think we should take ?

I do beleive inflamation has a major role in hair loss.