Incredible recovery from NW5: the power of super aggressive regimens!

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi , do you experienced some unwanted body hair from the minoxidil . Ive got result , but some unwanted chest and hand hair ?

and did your temple take a hit during the first 4 month of minoxidil , because despite some vellu hair sprouting on my temple , one my temple have recede back . thx.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hi , do you experienced some unwanted body hair from the minoxidil . Ive got result , but some unwanted chest and hand hair ?

and did your temple take a hit during the first 4 month of minoxidil , because despite some vellu hair sprouting on my temple , one my temple have recede back . thx.

No increase in body hair for me. Most of it has gone away from the estrogen/spironolactone actually.

I didn't have enough hair on my temples during the first 4 months to lose any ground. I was pretty much bald at that time.

ThatHairStruggle

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say you look great after your transition. Clearly being a women was your destiny; good for you for following your dreams and I'm so happy that everything worked out.

IamZhea

Reaction score
Hi RecedingYT! Any chance we could get an updated picture of where your hairline is at now? Thanks!

Oh, and 13 days till I start my HRT. Yay, I've been on finasteride for 25 days so far.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi RecedingYT! Any chance we could get an updated picture of where your hairline is at now? Thanks!

Oh, and 13 days till I start my HRT. Yay, I've been on finasteride for 25 days so far.

I'll try to get some pics later tonight after my shower. I've got minoxidil + miconazole in right now.

casparrro

Reaction score
Wow. The transition is just unbelievable. I have seen many 'before and after' pics in my life and the mere difference is stunning. I would like drugs for men to work like that :<

And still, you look fantastic! I think this story helped me to change my mindset towards trans people.
Finger crossed for you :)

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't read through all the pages of this thread since the last time I checked on it, so apologies if you answered this before, but: do you think taking spironolactone orally at a small dosage could be worth it as an addition to the big three? I am talking like 25mg to 50mg a day, and not necessarily daily.

I did some googling and saw a few guys taking up to 100mg a day without much feminizing effects, but what's your take on this? I am happy with my results (NW3½ to NW1½ish on the big three, but I still have pretty bad vertex density), but I do want to take it to the next level at times. Obviously, hair transplant is a possibility, and so is going dutasteride, but just thinking.

On another note - congrats on your results, was following this thread very early on, so I am very happy for you. You look great!

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't read through all the pages of this thread since the last time I checked on it, so apologies if you answered this before, but: do you think taking spironolactone orally at a small dosage could be worth it as an addition to the big three? I am talking like 25mg to 50mg a day, and not necessarily daily.

I did some googling and saw a few guys taking up to 100mg a day without much feminizing effects, but what's your take on this? I am happy with my results (NW3½ to NW1½ish on the big three, but I still have pretty bad vertex density), but I do want to take it to the next level at times. Obviously, hair transplant is a possibility, and so is going dutasteride, but just thinking.

On another note - congrats on your results, was following this thread very early on, so I am very happy for you. You look great!
I really don't know how much of an asset 100mg of spironolactone is to your hair....& If it is a benefit, I think it'll come with sides.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really don't know how much of an asset 100mg of spironolactone is to your hair....& If it is a benefit, I think it'll come with sides.

Pretty much this. The reason spironolactone is good for your hair is because it lowers your T. You can't lower T and expect there not to be side effects.

I strongly recommend avoiding oral spironolactone if you're not trans.

Spellbinder

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty much this. The reason spironolactone is good for your hair is because it lowers your T. You can't lower T and expect there not to be side effects.

I strongly recommend avoiding oral spironolactone if you're not trans.
@recedingyt I couldn't find any information related about this about spironolactone. And how is lowering testosterone good for your hair? Can you please explain it to me? Isn't it DHT only destroying hair follicle and normal Testosteron promoting the grow or at least not doing it worse?

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@recedingyt I couldn't find any information related about this about spironolactone. And how is lowering testosterone good for your hair? Can you please explain it to me? Isn't it DHT only destroying hair follicle and normal Testosteron promoting the grow or at least not doing it worse?
Less T = Less T converts to DHT. I see no reason to take spironolactone if you're already on dutasteride and your hair loss is stable. Even then, unless you are planning on transitioning at some point it just shouldn't even be an option.

Idk if T is entirely harmless when it comes to hair either. I personally feel like having low T is somewhat of a good thing when it comes to hair, but that's entirely broscience on my part and I might be (probably am) wrong.

Spellbinder

My Regimen
Reaction score
Less T = Less T converts to DHT. I see no reason to take spironolactone if you're already on dutasteride and your hair loss is stable. Even then, unless you are planning on transitioning at some point it just shouldn't even be an option.

Idk if T is entirely harmless when it comes to hair either. I personally feel like having low T is somewhat of a good thing when it comes to hair, but that's entirely broscience on my part and I might be (probably am) wrong.
@recedingyt I will hop over to dutasteride soon. But right now I am on finasteride only. Hope to regrow something. dutasteride suppresses DHT by almost 100%. Am I right?

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@recedingyt I will hop over to dutasteride soon. But right now I am on finasteride only. Hope to regrow something. dutasteride suppresses DHT by almost 100%. Am I right?

Correct. If dutasteride doesn't at least maintain your hair, you must have incredibly androgen sensitive follicles.

mitch1211

My Regimen
Reaction score
So the moral of this thread is that taking powerful tranny drugs that nuke your androgens will grow your hair back. That's great news, except that's not practical for guys who don't want to become a trap. Am I missing something?

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So the moral of this thread is that taking powerful tranny drugs that nuke your androgens will grow your hair back. That's great news, except that's not practical for guys who don't want to become a trap. Am I missing something?
There's no other way to repair the follicles that have been severely damaged by DHT, other than using 'E'

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah, you're missing the giant f*****g disclaimer that pretty much says exactly what you just said. Thanks for proving your IQ is <70.