I'm tired of this S#!t!

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I usually don't spend a lot of time in this section complaining about my hair loss. I try to stay positive and think "It's not that bad" or "things could be worse", but not today. I'm just getting tired of this hair loss s#it. I have been on treatments for close to a year and a half now, and I have had some regrowth. Currently I am in the process of trying to grow my hair out to see what I have to work with. There's a company party next week that I wanted to try to look half way decent at it, so I decided to grow my hair out and see if I could possibly sport a different hair style(not a buzz cut). Well let me tell you, with about a week to go, my hair couldn't look worse and I am just pissed. This f@#king blows! I used to be a pretty decent looking guy and for the past decade I have to deal with this garbage hairstyle that just makes me look like s#!t.

What was I thinking? As a diffuse NW3 with crown loss(I don't even care to look up if it's called a NW3a or v or whatever) what style could I have possibly pulled off that didn't make me look like a complete fool? What the hell was I really going to accomplish with the crap that I have on my head? Some type of comb over or messy style are pretty much my only options. It's just BS and it blows that I am dealing with this crap. I know there are guys that have it worse, but let me tell you the hair I have on my head isn't going to impress anybody. It is thin and looks like straight garbage.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know exactly what you're talking about. With hair loss, everyday is a bad hair day. I actually made a thread talking about that.

But seriously though, hair loss is such an annoying problem. And it's even more annoying when people with no hair loss that have mops of hair on their head saying to those who are bald/balding to just get over it.

hairyhenry

Reaction score
knowing that there isn't a fix for this situation (except for maybe a pricey hair transplant), all I can do is share my grievances. You seem like a cool guy. Hang in there, man. We're all in this ****hhole limbo and/or hell together.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
But seriously though, hair loss is such an annoying problem. And it's even more annoying when people with no hair loss that have mops of hair on their head saying to those who are bald/balding to just get over it.

It is annoying as hell, and believe me I have heard it in real life, not just on the message forums. They will never get it until they start losing hair themselves. I am just not happy right now. The last couple of days I have just been filled with anger every time I look in the mirror. Balding is BS. I am by no means perfect, but if I could just change one thing on my body, my hair would be my only choice.

I always think about the fighting we have among ourselves between the high and low norwoods. I will say that once you move past NW3 your hair goes from "bad" to "worse". Although I know I have better than the NW4+ guys, I am not celebrating for my hair being in the "bad" category.

- - - Updated - - -

The feeling "I was a decent looking guy" is bugging me all the time. I know how you feel. The decent looking guy is fading away.

Im trying to build a new identity as a bald bodybuilder that kicks ***. :) I leave the sweet *** looking teenager in the past I guess.

I hope this works out for you, but this identity isn't for me. I have worked out regularly for years, but the big bald meathead body builder just isn't a look that I want. It sucks that this is one of the very few options we have once we start losing our hair.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
knowing that there isn't a fix for this situation (except for maybe a pricey hair transplant), all I can do is share my grievances. You seem like a cool guy. Hang in there, man. We're all in this ****hhole limbo and/or hell together.

The problem with hair transplants is that they have their limitations. Yes they can make you look much better, but it will put you no where near your original density. I am not knocking transplants and may decide to get one in the future. With that being said it is rare that somebody will get a transplant and be able to pull off a trendy hairstyle.

- - - Updated - - -

Time for a wig, bro.

Also, how can you complain when you have had regrowth?

Thanks for the suggestion. EFF YOU!!!

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
ohh, man, im crossing fingers for this to work out, im trying to go from justin bieber to dwayne johnson

but for you I would reccommend to buzzcut for the company party, that is not a bad look.

without pics only he knows if its a bad look. For me its a HORRIBLE look and I was told. So now what?
I sit and daily lose more hair and looks further and further like crap while my brother and sister still look ten years younger than they are. All cause of hair?

Lately my hair is getting worse and worse. The crown is so bad now. I often wonder if I ever did fully get out of the relationship Im in what would be the point since Id basically be an unf****able man troll.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey bro, just give you my two cents. I'm a Norwood 2.5-3 but with thick hair elsewhere. I used to do short spiky hair and it worked well in terms of attention from girls. Now comb it down, longer hair and probably no difference in terms of attraction.

I remember seeing your picture, as you mention, the issue is generalised thinning which can make it hard to style.

Don't lose hope - you are doing all u can. Add in a hair transplant when u can afford it and I'm sure you can pull off a medium hairstyle.

The positives are your hairloss has stabilised!

- - - Updated - - -

Spiking it up in the front can look good. Mine is mostly unnoticable that way.

Top advice. Sometimes a cover up at the front looks worse especially when the wind comes into play. Have to consider faceshape too, I have a strong jaw so pull it off.

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
without pics only he knows if its a bad look. For me its a HORRIBLE look and I was told. So now what?
I sit and daily lose more hair and looks further and further like crap while my brother and sister still look ten years younger than they are. All cause of hair?

Lately my hair is getting worse and worse. The crown is so bad now. I often wonder if I ever did fully get out of the relationship Im in what would be the point since Id basically be an unf****able man troll.

Swingline, I think you need to go back on finasteride from what I saw on your blog. Any chance of that?

resu

Reaction score
All of my old schoolmates from more than 20 years ago still have hair, the ones who show their faces that is... ha! They were all married to "slightly" fat aka chubby women, all of them. Some of us just got the short end of the stick.

That was my problem and why I just buzz it, you can't really style it, now with minoxidil I can style it but for how long that is to anyone's guess.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I just got done working out. Swingline mentioned something similar to this, but working out isn't even fun anymore. There was a time when it was cool and fun competing with friends. Now I pretty much do it because I have to do it just to stay in the "decent/average" category. I have always been a slim guy so if I stop working out I would be one of those skinny dudes with a belly. It would be game over at that point.

- - - Updated - - -

You'll not have any other solution than a hair transplant.

I know I won't be able to "style my hair" or whatever in 5 months, but I will be happy that I just look like I have hair on my head.

I agree with you and I am keeping it as an option if/when my hair loss gets worse. It just sucks that at this point our only option is to "just not be bald".

- - - Updated - - -

ohh, man, im crossing fingers for this to work out, im trying to go from justin bieber to dwayne johnson

If I were you Toms, I would fight my hair loss with everything I had. I know you tried finasteride and it didn't work out due to sides, but I would try other options. I am not a big fan of RU, but I would try it if all else failed. Once your hair loss reaches a certain point, there is no turning back.

The Dwayne Johnson dream isn't as easy as it may sound. It takes work to look the way he does. Do you have hours a day to work out? Do you have time/money to eat many times a day? And by eating I mean good quality foods.

- - - Updated - - -

Last time I went to visit family members my grandma said to my sister: "I thought you said (my name) hair looks bad, it isn't that bad" I am guessing they were talking about how bad my hair loss had gotten.

- - - Updated - - -

My hair is still fairly short right now. I just started growing it out a few weeks ago, so I will give it more time, but I can tell that if I can pull it off and that is a big IF, it is going to take a lot of work. It's just bulls#it.

Oh and swingline you always mention your brother's hair. Well my brothers hair looks similar to one of those Russian hats that they wear during the winter. Couldn't get any thicker.

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
when even veretrans are loosing hope, it's a sad day for everyone

EvilLocks

Reaction score
EmergingIsland's profile picture reminds me of how I feel about this **** life. OP I'm tired of this **** too, worst of all knowing it's only gonna get worse and not better.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just read you haven't been able to style your hair for 10 years, that's tough.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Swingline, I think you need to go back on finasteride from what I saw on your blog. Any chance of that?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

not with the sides I have. My sis literally sent me an email about her husband just being diagnosed with low T and it just PTST rushed my entire ordeal back into my head.......

- - - Updated - - -

and swingline you always mention your brother's hair. Well my brothers hair looks similar to one of those Russian hats that they wear during the winter. Couldn't get any thicker.

Its honestly the thing that makes me depressed about it all. It kills me to see him have it and me not, theres no reason for it. If he were actually bald as well then it would not bother me ONE bit but the thought of any girl Im with now drooling over my LITTLE brother makes my stomach turn. Not sure if its the hairloss or thathe may have escaped the fate of being my loser old mans actual kid. We say were going to get DNA tested but honestly Im afrad to find out. The days you here someone in CT went apechit, scalped their brother and blew up a bunch of gas stations.......

this-guy-o.gif

THIS GUY just got bad test results

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Just read you haven't been able to style your hair for 10 years, that's tough.

I was 25/26 when I started buzzing my head. I haven't liked my look since. I haven't even taken a good picture since before that time. I am 38 now. That's a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Correct me if I'm wrong.

But from what I've heard, even WITH finasteride one can maintain hair for only about a decade or so.

Without finasteride the maximum is even a shorter period of time. And without finasteride it is not guarranteed at all that the hair loss will be slowed down/stopped. Plus all the treatments(aside from finasteride) costs a fortune. That means spending a huge amount of money just to see if you can have ANY results.

I guess it's smarter to put all that money in gym and food. There is a guarrantee for pretty much everyone to get bulked up if they work out.

There are many responses that you can have from finasteride. You can stop your loss for many years, a few years, or not at all. But lets just say like you say it gives you 10 years. I would say that it is worth it, but that's just me. Minoxidil isn't expensive. Not sure about RU, but it may be worth it to spend the money to try to keep your hair. If you think you can compensate for no hair with working out then go for it. I hope it works, but let me just tell you from a guy that is close to 40, I would take a full head of hair over a body builders physique in a minute.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
the bodybuilder look looks freakish and unnatural IMO - even if you achieve it without using steroids, and while some women might go for it, I suspect many feel the same way as me.

a toned, fit, defined, in-proportion body is what I would aim for personally

Toms

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes.

Take me for example, why have I chosen to go for a hair transplant? Because the slick look shaved with a blade was out of the question for me.

Even when I was a NW5, I chose to look like this (this is from early 2013, so prior to my FUE this year, you can take off the remaining hair survivors you see):

before2.jpg

Notice how I still had the horseshoe grown out. I couldn't do it any other way, because people would make chemo comments if I chose to shave it completely.

To me, the "just shave it all off, it will look better" it a lie, and I'm amazed at how much people even on this website have been brainwashed to think it looks better.

Cut it short yes, make it look cleaner and neater, but shave it all off as a white guy? You'd better be prepared to be asked if you have cancer if you think it will be a good idea.

Do not listen to what people say, most of the time, it's all white lies. The complete opposite of what they say is more likely to be close to the truth.

No you won't look better shaved, no you should not just get over it, and yes, of course baldness is a big deal.
Err, a little bit of facial hair and tan should be enough for cancer jokes to go away.

Nothing more gross than a grown out horseshoe. Nw5 can be grown out a milimeter, but nw6-7, please, never

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
To me, the "just shave it all off, it will look better" it a lie, and I'm amazed at how much people even on this website have been brainwashed to think it looks better.

Cut it short yes, make it look cleaner and neater, but shave it all off as a white guy? You'd better be prepared to be asked if you have cancer if you think it will be a good idea.

Do not listen to what people say, most of the time, it's all white lies. The complete opposite of what they say is more likely to be close to the truth.

No you won't look better shaved, no you should not just get over it, and yes, of course baldness is a big deal.

Yes 100% to everything above. That is the main reason I treat my hairloss at this point, to keep from going slick bald. As I have learned my hair is way to thin to do anything with, but for me I guess I should be happy with just some coverage even though it is sparse.

- - - Updated - - -

A tan? You mean greatly increasing my chances of of getting skin cancer and wrinkly spotty skin in my later years? No thanks, I prefer looking pale and sick.

The whole get a tan thing is way over played. I don't feel like getting a damn tan. Besides the skin cancer risks you also get premature wrinkles doing that s#!t. Thanks, but no thanks.