I'm tired of this S#!t!

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I've considered a tan because I really don't like looking so pale, but sunbeds seem a waste of money because I don't think tans last for long, and fake tan is just gross

- - - Updated - - -

Err, a little bit of facial hair and tan should be enough for cancer jokes to go away.

Nothing more gross than a grown out horseshoe. Nw5 can be grown out a milimeter, but nw6-7, please, never

nah I'd take the Professor look

t2-vine-wolff-15334_128919c.jpg

over the Neo-Nazi look:

image-115168-panoV9free-lgnv.jpg

Karma.

Reaction score
I have my sister's wedding in February 2015. Baldness just limits our options, even on the most special days of our lives, that's sad.

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
I have my sister's wedding in February 2015. Baldness just limits our options, even on the most special days of our lives, that's sad.

I'm dreading how my wedding photos will turn out, if I ever get married.

Kind of scared to get married though. I heard on talk radio some weeks ago that 7 out of 10 marriages fail and end in divorce......... WTF

Karma.

Reaction score
I'm dreading how my wedding photos will turn out, if I ever get married.

Kind of scared to get married though. I heard on talk radio some weeks ago that 7 out of 10 marriages fail and end in divorce......... WTF

hey, on ur wedding day, the fact that u are going to start ur life anew, will subside the hair loss s**t. don't worry

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
I usually don't spend a lot of time in this section complaining about my hair loss. I try to stay positive and think "It's not that bad" or "things could be worse", but not today. I'm just getting tired of this hair loss s#it. I have been on treatments for close to a year and a half now, and I have had some regrowth. Currently I am in the process of trying to grow my hair out to see what I have to work with. There's a company party next week that I wanted to try to look half way decent at it, so I decided to grow my hair out and see if I could possibly sport a different hair style(not a buzz cut). Well let me tell you, with about a week to go, my hair couldn't look worse and I am just pissed. This f@#king blows! I used to be a pretty decent looking guy and for the past decade I have to deal with this garbage hairstyle that just makes me look like s#!t.

What was I thinking? As a diffuse NW3 with crown loss(I don't even care to look up if it's called a NW3a or v or whatever) what style could I have possibly pulled off that didn't make me look like a complete fool? What the hell was I really going to accomplish with the crap that I have on my head? Some type of comb over or messy style are pretty much my only options. It's just BS and it blows that I am dealing with this crap. I know there are guys that have it worse, but let me tell you the hair I have on my head isn't going to impress anybody. It is thin and looks like straight garbage.

With out seeing your current density, and length of hair i couldn't say. I would think NW3 could do some type of faux hawk with the hair behind the corners left longer to be pushed forward in to the corners, and then use toppik I guess to fill in if necessary. Your best bet is to see a stylist.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score

This is the kind of stuff that really gets to me. You are going to be suited up in some nice clothes, then look up and your hairs all effed up. I was trying on some clothes for the company party next week and I am looking pretty good, but then I look at my head and am like WTF. It is just hard to complete a good look with an effed up head of hair.

- - - Updated - - -

With out seeing your current density, and length of hair i couldn't say. I would think NW3 could do some type of faux hawk with the hair behind the corners left longer to be pushed forward in to the corners, and then use toppik I guess to fill in if necessary. Your best bet is to see a stylist.

I posted pics up in my intro thread(you can find it through my profile). I hair pretty much looks similar to that, except it looks much thinner now that I have tried to grow it out a bit. Crown is thin as well as most of the NW3 area, almost completely see through in bright light. I am usually pretty open with pics, but I too pissed off right now, so the last thing I want to do is get in front of a mirror or camera.

- - - Updated - - -

I just want to get something across to the guys in the early stages of hair loss. TREAT YOUR HAIR LOSS EARLY! Don't waste time like I did. I was actually a good responder to treatment. At 6-8 months I had grown a good amount of hair back, but my hair was already too far gone. I had been losing hair for way too many years to get it all back. Hair will not regrow after a certain amount of time. Just keep that in mind when you are putting treatments on hold because you don't want to treat it "until it gets noticeable" or "until it gets really bad". All the anti propecia stuff is cute and all, but usually guys change their tune on taking finasteride when it is too late.

MoHairMoBetta

Established Member
Reaction score
I just want to get something across to the guys in the early stages of hair loss. TREAT YOUR HAIR LOSS EARLY! Don't waste time like I did. I was actually a good responder to treatment. At 6-8 months I had grown a good amount of hair back, but my hair was already too far gone. I had been losing hair for way too many years to get it all back. Hair will not regrow after a certain amount of time. Just keep that in mind when you are putting treatments on hold because you don't want to treat it "until it gets noticeable" or "until it gets really bad". All the anti propecia stuff is cute and all, but usually guys change their tune on taking finasteride when it is too late.

I hate that this describes me. First denial, then hoping it doesn't get worse, then being scared of treatments, then finally starting treatments and realizing it's too late. Never wait.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I hate that this describes me. First denial, then hoping it doesn't get worse, then being scared of treatments, then finally starting treatments and realizing it's too late. Never wait.

Yup, I can only imagine what my hair would look like if I started treatments much earlier.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup, I can only imagine what my hair would look like if I started treatments much earlier.

I'm just wondering, it currently says in your regimen that you're using Finasteride to treat your hair loss. Have you ever thought of upgrading to Dutasteride? You could probably get a lot more hair to come back if you switch to that treatment if you've been doing well with Finasteride.

scorpiolove

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is better to start treatments as soon as you can,but don't give up hope, you can still grow hair on bald spots,you have to quit any drinking habits,smoking habits, drugs you dont need etc. and eat a diet high in protein and low in carbs.
You have cut down on your habit(s) to a great level or quit completely,put in some minoxidil and or other proven remedies. I have been losing hair for twelve years and I managed a bit of regrowth from almost quitting drinking for a year,I'll let you guys know if I get on any treatments,but for now my way of coping is shopping for cool stuff and talking to my family,it's best not to stress too much, stress is also a factor in hair loss,the less you stress it's more likely you will have more hair for longer. I hope this helps some of you. Thanks.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I'm just wondering, it currently says in your regimen that you're using Finasteride to treat your hair loss. Have you ever thought of upgrading to Dutasteride? You could probably get a lot more hair to come back if you switch to that treatment if you've been doing well with Finasteride.

I might eventually get on it, but not sure at this point if any doctors would be willing to prescribe it for hair loss. Most of the people that I have heard that use it get it online without a script. I am moving toward only using meds from local pharmacies.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as quitting bad habits, really the only thing that I could really clean up is my diet. It isn't horrible, but there is room for improvement. I don't smoke, and drink very rarely.

shookwun

Reaction score
It is better to start treatments as soon as you can,but don't give up hope, you can still grow hair on bald spots,you have to quit any drinking habits,smoking habits, drugs you dont need etc. and eat a diet high in protein and low in carbs.
You have cut down on your habit(s) to a great level or quit completely,put in some minoxidil and or other proven remedies. I have been losing hair for twelve years and I managed a bit of regrowth from almost quitting drinking for a year,I'll let you guys know if I get on any treatments,but for now my way of coping is shopping for cool stuff and talking to my family,it's best not to stress too much, stress is also a factor in hair loss,the less you stress it's more likely you will have more hair for longer. I hope this helps some of you. Thanks.

Medication is the only option to slow down the inevitable progression.

I work with a full blown alchoholic, who keeps a cooler in his car with beer, and has fridges all over his house with beer to maintain his habbit. Smokes like a chimney, and does recreational drugs on the weekend. He's approaching fifty, and has a juvenile hairline with a thick mane. Still looks handsome, and has better muscle mass then most trainees, and 'diet gurus'

Genetics, brah

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
dont forget that genetics largelly determines your personality as well. environment helps to shape your personality as well, but think about it-the way you are going to react to life events is determined by your personality, which in turn is governed by genetics

its like we are born with a biological destiny from birth. your genes are basicallly god in a way, it determines so much of our lives

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dont forget that genetics largelly determines your personality as well. environment helps to shape your personality as well, but think about it-the way you are going to react to life events is determined by your personality, which in turn is governed by genetics

its like we are born with a biological destiny from birth. your genes are basicallly god in a way, it determines so much of our lives

Very true.

scorpiolove

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If Science were so great Fred,why can't we cure hair loss or something as simple as the common cold? It was scientific fact back in the day that the Earth was flat,Science isn't the mother of creation, it's just the study of creation,correct me if I'm wrong.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
If Science were so great Fred,why can't we cure hair loss or something as simple as the common cold? It was scientific fact back in the day that the Earth was flat,Science isn't the mother of creation, it's just the study of creation,correct me if I'm wrong.

Common cold? That's so petty... I'd take a more frequent common colds if I could have all my hair back.

brian

Reaction score
It is annoying as hell, and believe me I have heard it in real life, not just on the message forums. They will never get it until they start losing hair themselves.

I remember a guy who used to publicly tease me and spread rumours about me at work when he noticed I was using concealer (I was 21 yrs old at NW3 with crown thinning). This guy was a typical cocky NW1.

Fast forward a year he started losing hair EVERYWHERE and FAST too! Went to NW3 in a matter of months. I have never seen somebody loose their spark in such a short amount of time. As bad as it sounds, I took pleasure in watching it too.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I remember a guy who used to publicly tease me and spread rumours about me at work when he noticed I was using concealer (I was 21 yrs old at NW3 with crown thinning). This guy was a typical cocky NW1.

Fast forward a year he started losing hair EVERYWHERE and FAST too! Went to NW3 in a matter of months. I have never seen somebody loose their spark in such a short amount of time. As bad as it sounds, I took pleasure in watching it too.

did you publicly tease him about it?

karma is a b**ch :twisted: