I'm doing nofap in an attempt resolve sexual dysfunction issues

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was at CVS today, getting stuff for my new apartment and I splurged on nutritional supplements, since they were buy 1 get the second for $1.

Turmeric complex, which includes black pepper
Algal-900 DHA, which is like fish oil but from algae, 300 mg DHA per softgel
Cod liver oil, 36 mg DHA and 37 mg EPA per softgel, as well as 25% vitamin A and 34% vitamin D3
B-complex with Vitamin C, whch includes C, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 (all between 100 and 1,000%), and trace calcium and phosphorus.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Heard so many good things about Turmeric. Do you think it actually cures/prevents dementia?

In India, they have a very low rate of Alzheimers. Indian food is really good as well (in my opinion).

Indian food is delicious, and in general the food of the entire region is delicious, including North Indian food (chicken tikka massala, lamb saag, etc), South Indian food (vegeterian, dosas, etc) and also east African food.

I don't know if the tumeric explains their low rate of Alzheimer's. IMO, if you're worried about dementia, I recommend a high-fat diet with a lot of seafood and nuts, fewer snacks and small meals, and less sugar.

I recommend the website examine.com for these kinds of questions, for example here:
https://examine.com/supplements/curcumin/

Interestingly, they show that curcumin does increase insulin sensitivity, which is consistent with both of our posts.

The problem with it seems to be that it's hard to absorb. In most formulations it just ends up in poop. So what I've done is I've bought a formulation where it is mixed with black pepper (which supposedly helps), and I plan to eat it with fats, say in a scoop of peanut butter or something.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Are you still in LA?

My grandfather lives there. He's Chinese.

Nope, my week in Pasadena and LA is complete. It was great but I'm exhausted now. I'm now in Baltimore.

I didn't know you were part Asian.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
David, If you've covered this, just refer me to the thread. I am wondering what effects, if any, you've noticed from no-fap?

@buckthorn (does this show up as two seoarate notifications for you? I've never quoted a person in a different thread than where they posted ).

These are the effects I notice, where my non-and-off no-fapping attempts of the past six or so months have ranged from a few days to 38 days, Incidentally I'm now at 14 days on the current counter.

Note, my baseline is one of approximately average serum testosterone, high libido (I think), but low erectile response. I rarely get morning wood when masturbating regularly, which for most of post-pubescent life is ~2x/day (morning and evening). When I get naked with women (very rare), nothing happens, maybe a little sensation, whereas prior to this happening in my early twenties it took very little to get me to instant, sustainable wood.

So...

1) If I go 1-3 days without fapping. Nothing.
2) If I go 4+ days without fapping. More significant ejaculate volume, fewer trips to the bathroom, particularly at night before sleep.
3) If I go 7+ days without fapping. Gradual return of morning wood.
4) If I go ~14+ days without fapping. Gradual return of spontaneous erections.

The first time I went through this, genuine erections of actionable albeit imperfect quality returned at 23 days ... I checked this thread which I'm treating as a log. We'll see what happens this time. I had stopped because of sleeping problems but I should be ok on that front for at least two months.

A lot of people on nofap sites report "superpowers" such as greater confidence, et cetera. I don't know if that's true in my case other than possibly improved urinary function. Further, even if it is true it is impossible to gauge as I'm making many changes in my life including intermittent fasting, better supplements, etc.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so @David_MPN i belive that most part of my hairloss is related to Fapping ! what do you think ? is that true ?

trixompala

Reaction score
so @David_MPN i belive that most part of my hairloss is related to Fapping ! what do you think ? is that true ?

Thats just ridiculous. No, hairloss is not related to your fapping.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fapping increases DHT, and DHT causes hairloss. You do the math.

Reactions: tzt

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agree with that, Ive noticed zero difference since the 2.5 months since ive committed to NF. I had one slip up and felt i could have exercised more self control, this feeling lasted for a few days. Now it's been at least a three weeks and feeling like im in the drivers seat again.

Havent read this thread, however im not particularly driven by any guilt or moral reason, im just doing it because after 25 years of discovering fapping, i want a break. I want to focus on what's real, as opposed to instant gratification. Who knows maybe that will lead to more focus and better relationships as opposed to quick sensory fixes, that provide short cuts to pleasure.

I think it's definitely helped in my case, albeit it hasnt given me super powers that some have claimed. :)

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
There are many forums where this has been trialed in the past, im sorry to say its bullshit. My best friend has a full head of hair and yet his brother is bald since the age of about 17 (his brother is now around 40) between the both of them they are the biggest wankers I know. They both fap at least once a day even now (sometimes more and sometimes even more when they were younger). You guys are seriously wasting your time on this one, sorry to say..

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@tzt, @farkhairloss, @worm, @pegasus2, @trixompala, I am not aware of any credible link between fapping and hair loss.

Fapping might increase or decrease hair loss in the same way that sweet potato consumption or regular excess water consumption might increase or decrease hair loss: pure speculation.

I advocate nofap as an experimental treatment for imperfect erectile and sexual function and not much else.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
That strikes it then. Just like my 86 year old, two pack a day grandmother with no cancer provrs that smoking doesn't cause lung cancer.

In the absence of evidence, the null hypothesis is no association.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
This isn't a matter of opinion. It's been proven that masturbation increases DHT. Masturbating once a day probably isn't going to have an effect for most people. Once a day is nothing. I used to literally do it ten times a day, or edge for 24 hours straight, and I can tell you it made my hair fall out in clumps. Masturbating once a day has no effect on my shedding.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/135817

"The plasma levels of all steroids were significantly increased after masturbation, whereas steroid levels remained unchanged in the control study."

This is one study, with no numbers reported in the abstract, and the full text is not available.

The abstract doesn't say how much DHT was increased by. Further, estrogen may have been increased further.

Here's a more recent study finding the opposite result:
http://www.zju.edu.cn/jzus/2003/0302/030219.pdf

trixompala

Reaction score
There are no numbers given, but it says the increase is significant. I will read the study you linked when I get home, but at first glance it doesn't appear to contradict anything. First of all, it's a Chinese study, making it suspect to begin with. Second, what they measured was the effect of abstinence on serum T levels, and they didn't even measure DHT.

Like I said before, I don't think fapping once a day is going to have a persistent effect. According to the study I linked, it does have a transient effect on DHT though. If you're compounding that effect multiple times a day them it's reasonable to believe you are creating enough DHT to damage your follicles. That's exactly what my experience has shown.

That study you cite is ancient. And speaking of experience mine has shown no effect whatsoever. There are multiple recent studies that show no effect, and even a negative effect of masturbation on testosterone levels. Don't have time to find you links right now though since I'm studying for an exam and shouldn't be on this forum in the first place. Cheers.

Edit: Did a quick search because I was annoyed you disliked my previous comment. Care to change that to a like?

Here is a study showing 3 week abstinence increases testosterone:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11760788

Here's another showing 7 day abstinence lead to 145.7% increase in testosterone:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12659241

Last edited:

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
Peg *** cyst x2,

As I said your wasting your time with this one CBF to write a detailed reply. But my friends case would and is not the only one in real life. This topic is almost as bad as how come homeless hobos dont go bald, unfortunately its just genetics, your diet ain't going to make SFA difference.

Davidmpn,

I agree this in my opion help for sexual disfunction. Especially watching too much p**rn.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Once a day is nothing. I used to literally do it ten times a day, or edge for 24 hours straight

XSjJlNo.gif

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
18 days now and I'm finally get some sort of response down there, not great but it's there.

I wish I didn't have to make it up as I go along and that there was a competent physiological theory behind this.

I added hemp seeds to my diet a couple days ago.
Now, for the next few days I'm taking a break from RU 58851. Tomorrow morning and the three days after that. I'll see if that makes a difference.