I'm doing nofap in an attempt resolve sexual dysfunction issues

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
18 days now and I'm finally get some sort of response down there, not great but it's there.

I wish I didn't have to make it up as I go along and that there was a competent physiological theory behind this.

I added hemp seeds to my diet a couple days ago.
Now, for the next few days I'm taking a break from RU 58851. Tomorrow morning and the three days after that. I'll see if that makes a difference.

do you ever wonder if we are just forcing ourselves into a world of perpetual loss and frustration? Sometimes I wonder if I would have been the same or even better off if I had never tried anything.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
do you ever wonder if we are just forcing ourselves into a world of perpetual loss and frustration? Sometimes I wonder if I would have been the same or even better off if I had never tried anything.

Yeah all the time.

I'm moderately bitter about the efforts I need to do to stay healthy.

Creams for acne (multiple). Treatments for hair loss. Treatments for ED (ok just nofap). Treatments for obesity (intermittent fasting, watch my other meals). Treatments for teeth whitening. Remember to brusth teeth and to put on sunscreen. Put on retinol a few nights a week. I'm taking a few supplements right now for general health (cod liver oil, algae oil, vitamin B complex, curcumin). Shouldn't a real man have a nearly empty side to his bathroom sink?

Oh yeah and I need to buy a new nose hair trimmer. Ugh.

Yes, I'm kind of bitter. I know many people who do nothing, put in no effort, and they're doing ok right now. Wives, careers, etc. Maybe they'll be doing poorly in twenty years, or not.

I got annoyed when you posted that Raw Meal thing. On the one hand it does seem like a good idea. It's different from all the other things I'm taking. On the other hand... it's yet another thing.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
http://www.ibtimes.com/chinas-scien...d-wrongdoing-top-medical-journal-says-1877209

There's a lot of good research that comes out of China, but they also have more than their share of sloppy research and downright fraudulent research, so I am a little more suspect about their findings than something that comes out of a country like America, Germany, or Japan.

There's plenty of fraudulent research that comes out of the western countries as well, so your point is moot.

trixompala

Reaction score
When I talk about masturbation causing hairloss, I'm not talking about people who have sex or masturbate once or twice a day, I'm talking about people who do it nonstop.
If I were to say that running causes death how do you think people would interpret my statement? Clearly they would reflect on the fact that people go running all the time for exercise and it actually benefits their health, therefor they would conclude that running does not cause death. Perhaps what I meant to say is that running nonstop until absolute exhaustion causes death. Is it my responsibility to be clear about my statements and say what I mean to say or is the readers fault for not reading my mind and am I justified for disliking them when they don't? You know the answer to that.

Now regarding the question of if masturbating all day non stop will cause hair loss, my answer is I have no idea. I have no experience what so ever with that, I'm not aware of any relevant studies either. It's a very extreme case you are describing and although I could be wrong, I doubt it is representative of the great majority of the members of this forum. What we do know is that regular masturbation does not cause hair loss and clearly that's what people on this board, me included, are saying.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm now at 22 days and counting. This is my second longest run. I have not taken RU 58551 since Wednesday morning (so I've skipped 4 days now), it's a temporary break and I normally take a very small dose, 15 mg/day.

I woke up in the middle of the night with strong erections and for this I needed a lot of willpower to do nothing. It's also hard to have willpower as I'm half-conscious. When doing nothing, they held for what seemed like a decent amount of time, my dick would soften and refirm. I'll wait a few days to see what happens.

I am taking the sleeping pills on some days and not others. It does help to sleep through the night, which makes things easier for the obvious reason. However I don't want to take it every night as the body adapts. I'll try to not take it the next few nights.

I did have a dirty dream last night, but it didn't lead to ejaculation.

It bothers me that I have absolutely no idea what the process is, physiologically, whereby sex drive increases after a few weeks without ejaculation. This is the second time this happens to me (last time I broke down after ~38 days). Is it dopamine? Is it running out of stem cells for sperm? Who knows?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's plenty of fraudulent research that comes out of the western countries as well, so your point is moot.
Not as much, so my point is valid. Who are you going to trust more, the guy who lies 50% of the time, or the guy who less 10% of the time?

It doesn't matter anyway, the study doesn't address my point.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not as much, so my point is valid. Who are you going to trust more, the guy who lies 50% of the time, or the guy who less 10% of the time?
Please don't make up numbers, thank you.

You have absolutely no idea what the relative rates of fraud are in different countries.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Please don't make up numbers, thank you.

You have absolutely no idea what the relative rates of fraud are in different countries.

I didn't mean to imply that I do, I was just making an analogy. We both know the rate of fraud is higher in China. How much higher exactly, no one knows, but my confidence in them is much lower than yours. I'll leave it at that.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have absolutely no idea as to the rate of fraud in scientific paper publishing.
You have no idea what I have an idea of. If you're being honest with yourself you too believe the rate of fraud is higher in China than in Japan. I believe you're a man of integrity, so I don't think you'll dispute this. Not everything requires empirical data to know. Do you love your parents? Don't say yes if you can't provide empirical data proving it.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of possible interest,

"Erection Tea"
https://www.pegym.com/articles/erection-tea-how-to-make-it-and-what-it-does

Basically black tea (could be green tea?), lemon juice, ginger powder, and honey.

It does make me feel better to know that my problems are common. But I want it solved. I think I might try an extended water fast beginning this Friday. My record thus far is 3.5 days, so if I skip breakfast on Monday I'll have broken that record.

T

tellersquill

Keep going David,

I've had positive experience with no fap.

I sometimes relapse but I just start right back again.

Remember one c*** up doesn't mean you go back to square one!

hairregrowth

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im 20 days into no fap and no p**rn too. good luck man and remember its not worth to fap :) guys who are fapping on daily basis dont know what means to be on nofap. once you will get decent streak and then go back to fapping you will always think "i felt so good on nofap"

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
To recap lost posts,

My counter says 39 days now. But when it was at 35 days I nded up jerking off twice in the morning because by that point I was getting a lot of hard erections, very frequently, waking up in the middle of the night, etc, sometimes multiple times and not able to get back to sleep because i was so horny.

A few days later, and it's nearly comatose again. Morning wood was shut off for two days i think, it's now back, a little bit. Hopefully it doesn't take another 30 days to feel as i felt before.

ID Walker suggested there might be a correlation with my lower back pain, which is backed up by the literature:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2864821/
That and other studies:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17593108
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17853050
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23222569
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21912318

I'm also adding pomegranate juice to my diet but I'm skeptical.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hows hair fall? Do you feel a decrease in shedding from no fap

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hows hair fall? Do you feel a decrease in shedding from no fap

I started nofap at around the same time I started intermittent fasting and hair loss treatments.

I think my hair has improved.

Reactions: Alk

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Had another binge last night and this morning, with the counter saying day 45, last one was when the counter said 35 days. That's too bad. Oh well I just have to start over -- I'll take sleeping pills again the next few days as I have not in a while so I should be fine.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
how is the nofap helping you?

It is providing me with information, which might hopefully eventually help me resolve my issues.

If I go ~30 days without jerking off, my sex drive explodes and then I get lots of spontaneous boners and eventually I can't help myself. Then my sex drive reduces back to where it started. So this makes me think my issue may be different than plumbing but I'm not sue. It's nice to feel some erections without manual stimulation though. It gets to the point where they can wake me up in the middle of the night, multiple times.

I'm seeing a doctor in 10 days (I'm in a new city) and I'll ask to be referred to a urologist. I'm pretty sure I also have post-micturition drip but I'm not sure if that's related.