I'm doing nofap in an attempt resolve sexual dysfunction issues

mitch1211

My Regimen
Reaction score
Status update, or review.

I effectively did ~48 days of nofap

How?? I don't even make it goal to masturbate daily, but the urge comes whether I like it or not. I would rather not get the urge to do it, but it happens. I usually have the urge x2 daily. Finasteride really decimated your libido, huh? When I took finasteride for ~6 months, my dick felt like rubber too.

Have you got your T levels checked?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Depression is a really bad thing. I can relate to that. Although, I was sexually active from late teens, and early twenties. (And still am, but my libido went down).

At one point, I took an androgen drug made in Australia/Russia. They still make it.

For whatever reason, I'm good at getting certain drugs, but not others (like androgel, in the US). Don't know why.

The state I live in has a FAT POS governor in it. I'll leave it at that. In any neighboring state, I can get medications without issues.

My governor is a FAT Piece of S***. Can you guess what I'm trying to say?

New Jersey?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
How?? I don't even make it goal to masturbate daily, but the urge comes whether I like it or not. I would rather not get the urge to do it, but it happens. I usually have the urge x2 daily. Finasteride really decimated your libido, huh? When I took finasteride for ~6 months, my dick felt like rubber too.

Have you got your T levels checked?

My T-levels are modestly above average, my estrogen levels as well.

I was off finasteride for a month when I took the test.

Have had ED for many years prior to taking finasteride, which I only took for a month. Doctors have no idea.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lately I've done a whole lot of LessFap rather than NoFap. I am not watching any p**rn. NoFap is very difficult for me without sleeping pills, which I can't take right now due to lifestyle issues. I've been averageing about once or twice a week for a while now, and I've noticed a pattern:

- For three days after jerking off, approximately, morning wood goes away. It then returns, and the intensity creeps up, this I've "tested" several times over;
- About a week after jerking off, erections that are not morning wood return, this I've tested and confirmed a few times;

Separately, there's a weird aspect where if I'm lying on my side the morning wood appears stronger than if I'm lying on my back. I also sometimes (often) drip after urination, I don't know what causes either effect or if they mean anything.

The suggestion from this, I think, is that the standard treatment for PIED is working but not working that well. Perhaps I'd benefit from a 90-day masturbation fast, but that seems like it would be really hard, the last time I went 38 days I was getting *a lot* of erections, all the time, I was waking up in the middle of the night because my dick was so hard.

The other suggestion might be that my testosterone levels are a little too low, or my estrogen/prolactin levels a little too high, for vigorous male sexual function. The fact it recovers after ejaculation relatively quickly (approximately 1 week) means I'm not far off, and thus I should keep losing fat and eating better. Unfortunately, I can't build muscle right now, and can't increase my testosterone that way, as I need to get surgery for a paraumbilical hernia first. That will come in one or two months.

For those unfamiliar, fat cells in the body convert testosterone into estrogen, which likely affects sexual function. I personally have both high testosterone and high estrogen, so I can shift that a little bit with further body fat loss. On the other hand, I'm already at a much lower weight than what studies show is the range where body fat impacts sexual function, so it may yield nothing.

This morning I got a blood test, which I'm reviewing with my doctor tomorrow. We've tested the same hormones as before to see how they've evolved, but also glucose, insulin, progesterone, and hopefully DHT. DHT is going to a different lab so we'll see.

My situation may not be very good right now, but at least there's progress and there's hope.

Rdx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fapping sometimes is ok but watching p**rn or fantasizing can stop and reverse rebooting process(I cured my pied in 5 months).cuddling helped me in rewiring natural erections.Now most of the time i get spontaneous erection with just looking on them booties.;)
Your thread will help alot of people.
Keep updating.
Good luck.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got some blood tests yesterday. Everything is going well for me, in the positive direction, except for testosterone. The testosterone has dropped significantly, either due to:
- I stopped weightlifting several weeks ago, due to a paraumbilical hernia;
- I was taking castor oil until 1 week ago, which I'm stopping;
- I was taking 15 mg/day of RU, which I stopped 1 week ago for the blood tests;
- Might be masturbating a little more than last time around;
- Could be a statistical fluke. Testosterone does fluctuate somewhat throughout the day;

my Testosterone / Calc Free Testosterone was 19.8 / 504 nmol/Litre / nmol/Litre in July 2015, when I weighed ~100 Kg.
my Testosterone / Calc Free Testosterone was 26.1 / 617 nmol/Litre / nmol/Litre in May 2016, when I weighed ~90 Kg.
my Testosterone / Calc Free Testosterone was 21.9 / 468 nmol/Litre / nmol/Litre in August 2016, when I weighed ~85 Kg.

Some other changes:
- My oestradiol has dropped from 126 to 69 pmol/Litre in 3 months, which seems like a steep drop, but is now a better number;
- My prolactin has dropped from 185 to 168 mIU/L in 3 months;
- my SHBG has increased from 20 to 24 to 32.
- Progesterone is "<0.3 nmol/Litre", where the healthy range is less than 1.0;
- My CRP has dropped from 4, to 1, to <1. CRP is a measure of inflammation, it's "C-reactive protein".
- My fasting glucose has dropped from 5.0 to 4.9 to 4.7 nmol/Litre. The healthy range is 3.6 to 6.0, and type-II diabetes is apparently defined as two measurements greater than 6.9;
- My fasting insulin is 7.4 mU/Litre, where the healthy range is less than 14.
- HDL cholesterol has increased from 1.3 to 1.7 in 13 months;
- LDL cholesterol has decreased from 3.6 to 2.9 in 13 months;
- Triglycerides have gone from 1.25 to 0.81 to 0.95 nmol/Litre in that time frame;

DHT is being evaluated by a separate lab and I'll get the results next week.

So basically, everything that I have any knowledge in looks good except for testosterone. I have a reasonable hypothesis of what's causing it --> lack of exercise. There's nothing I can do in the short-term, but my plan of aggressive fasting seems to be helping everything else. If I end up lifting/bulking from a more comfortable, more cut baseline, I'll be better off. It's just a longer journey than I wanted.

Rdx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mine was 534 ng/dl (at 9:30 am). I started talking fish cod oil(3 gram) + coconut oil(15 ml) and zma before bed.3 months in.ill test my tests aftr 6 months .

Rdx

My Regimen
Reaction score
And yeah i do 44 hours(only water,black coffee,green tea)fast once or twice a month.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
And yeah i do 44 hours(only water,black coffee,green tea)fast once or twice a month.

44 hours? As in you have dinner at 800pm and then lunch/dinner at 4pm two days later?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been relapses and retryings for me, which I guess is better than just straight masturbation addiction. At least it's no longer hard to just randomly stop.

I've reset my counter. I think it says 5 days now. My last time was the night before I left Australia. I'm in LA this week for work and family reasons. When I land in my apartment I'll have to set up better sleeping habits (blackout curtains, fan for white noise, etc) but for now I'm coping by using sleeping pills. In my prior experience the sleeping pills are good for a month until the body adapts.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been relapses and retryings for me, which I guess is better than just straight masturbation addiction. At least it's no longer hard to just randomly stop.

I've reset my counter. I think it says 5 days now. My last time was the night before I left Australia. I'm in LA this week for work and family reasons. When I land in my apartment I'll have to set up better sleeping habits (blackout curtains, fan for white noise, etc) but for now I'm coping by using sleeping pills. In my prior experience the sleeping pills are good for a month until the body adapts.

You ever try reading for a bit right before bed? I find this seems to almost always result in a better night of sleep

And by reading I mean like, a book or something, not scanning internet forums lol

Rdx

My Regimen
Reaction score
For relapse and good sleep - i avoid using phone after 9 pm.Even using instagram at night can trigger the need of m.
So a big no no for any social media apps,music videos or anything which can lead u to m.
M is ok 1-2 a week but p**rn - NO
For quality sleep i take zma(it really helps)- good sleep + increased testosterone
And yes totally agree with kj,book reading really helps(no love stories or erotica) lol
There is a app called TWILIGHT,u can use it if u use phone at night(it stops blue waves which disturb ur natural melanin production.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'm now up to 7 days, which used to be an impossibility for me but now that I've done it a few times it seems ok.

You ever try reading for a bit right before bed? I find this seems to almost always result in a better night of sleep

And by reading I mean like, a book or something, not scanning internet forums lol

For relapse and good sleep - i avoid using phone after 9 pm.Even using instagram at night can trigger the need of m.
So a big no no for any social media apps,music videos or anything which can lead u to m.
M is ok 1-2 a week but p*rn - NO
For quality sleep i take zma(it really helps)- good sleep + increased testosterone
And yes totally agree with kj,book reading really helps(no love stories or erotica) lol
There is a app called TWILIGHT,u can use it if u use phone at night(it stops blue waves which disturb ur natural melanin production.

Good advice from both of you. My GP made the same suggestion. Read a book, and avoid blue light before bed. I look forward to setting that up in my new apartment, along with a fan and good curtains, I move in tomorrow night. The cell phone can be an addiction in and of itself, so time away from the cell phone is good for the heart.

The twilight app sounds like a good idea.

I like to cycle vitamin/mineral supplements as it doesn't make sense that we would need to take them in perpetuity. I was taking a ZMA for a long time (which is unproven?), and stopped several months ago. I'm likely to start again in a few months, as in go through on bottle, stop, repeat six months later.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Men's Health has this article
http://www.menshealth.com/health/protect-your-erection/slide/3
10 Simple Ways to Protect Your Erection Right Now
Take care of your most prized appendage so it doesn’t fail you in the future
BY RACHAEL SCHULTZJanuary 26, 2016

My summary:

Prescription drugs, stomach fat, cigarettes, work-related stress, bad sleep, bad teeth, alcohol, lack of exercise, anxiety, and keeping your laptop on your lap are bad.

The one that's bizarre is their comment on sleep. They say that brushing your teeth will help with ED because there's a correlation between bad dental hygiene and ED. Is it not far more likely that it's too much sugar and pop soda causing both? lol.

On stomach fat: "Men with a waist circumference of 39 inches or greater are more than twice as likely to have erectile dysfunction as those with waists below 35 inches."
Note that waist circumference is actually a few inches more than your stomach size as determined from your belt size.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@David_MPN - did you ever get your DHT results back?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@David_MPN - did you ever get your DHT results back?

Email from my doctor:

Hi David,

DHT is back-perfectly normal 1.0--normal range 0.4 to 2.5

Kind Regards,

He didn't say the units though ...

My testosterone most recently was 22 and 470, in the two indices.

So if the units are as I think they are, my DHT/T ratio is 0.05, whereas for most people it's 0.10. Doesn't seem like there is a lot to overanalyze.

You can include me as yet another person who has below-average levels of serum DHT and yet has male pattern baldness at a relatively early age.