I'm doing nofap in an attempt resolve sexual dysfunction issues

shookwun

Reaction score
stop touching your dick for starters. bad habit formed in the making.

thats all there is to it. I wake up all the time during the night also

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
http://www.everydayhealth.com/skin-and-beauty/aging-skin/effects-of-uv-radiation.aspx

Sunscreen doesn't block UVA which is the band that causes wrinkles, only UVB, which is essential in vitamin D synthesis and causes burns (so you just need to be careful not to stay too much out). Some people even say that sunscreen might be the reason for skin cancer because it destabilizes the skin and doesn't let the full spectrum pass and blocks some essential skin processes tied to UVB.

Skin synthesis is preffered to oral supp because 1. it is long term, slow (spans over many hours, even days) 2. you can't overdose, there are skin mechanisms that render the excess into an inert form 3. because it's long term it probably doesn't burden the liver which is part of the vit D chain 4. the skin chain has more steps and it seems that there's some vitamin D synthesis locally which is very important. 5. it is unclear how much of oral vit D is bioavailable.

Yes, you apply it on skin. The more you rub it in the more it will absorb, so maybe it's not preferred to rub it too hard. They usually advise to rinse with water after 20 min, but i left mine on for days... and I probably OD'd a bit on it.

Google "ancient minerals transdermal magnesium" or "transdermal magnesium" and read about it. I just don't see the point in buying their own oil when you can make your own very cheap and easy. Magnesium salt/chloride (Nigari salt) is used to make tofu, so it's usually available at nature stores (or maybe drug stores).

Also, you could try a zinc supplement. It might make you a bit hornier but it also helps with sleep and other issues I feel like.

Thanks for your advice man.

I ended up buying the spray, it's only 30 dollars for magnesium chloride spray. I'm not sure how I'll apply it, probably just after drying myself after the shower.

Jeca Tatu

Established Member
Reaction score
Beware, David! There is a spamming bot on the loose trying to convince you otherwise! Watch out!

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been sleeping much better the past few days, and have had no issues. I don't think I've woken up earlier than 6am. Also falling asleep relatively quickly. I hope my sleep keeps improving as my fitness improves.

I did try out the magnesium chloride spray that was recommended by another poster. Using it coincides exactly with my sleep improving but I remain skeptical. At the very least, it is a cheap and easy supplement to use. I put some on my arms, lower back, and stomach after the shower.

I am also switching to taking my supplements in the morning. I'm slowly drawing down my supplement cupboard, I was taking too much sh*t, but I'll still have a few left. In a couple weeks my ZMA-like supplement (Biozinc from Blackmores) should be over, and I will not be replacing it.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried nofap for just over three weeks and by the end of it I was ready to f*** anything walking on two legs. I was like a rabid dog. I was popping random boners all day long. That's no way to live my man. Probably good for ED though.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what all nofappers will report, too bad they never have any girl to have sex with. Gee I wonder why?
Lol you sure like to talk a lot about how much sex you have. The people who are loudest about these kinds of things are typically the ones who are lying and embellishing. I bet you haven't dipped your wick in years.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You lose. Three days.

And a blowjob the day before yesterday.

The girl was on her period.
First off, that's filthy. Second, that's a load of sh**. If that were the case then you would be off starting a family and working towards a better job. Instead you've been moping around on a hair loss forum for years.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm. I tried this for a while back in 2012. I think I went 44 days, it was?
What can I say. It's definitely different. But it's also kind of stressful. There is just so much sexual pressure all the time. It was very hard to concentrate on doing the things I was actually supposed to be doing, my mind kept wandering onto sexual fantasies. It occupied a very large amount of my brainspace. Normally you just get it done in 5 minutes and go about your day.
About the positives I can say I felt more confident and bold. I wasn't afraid to speak my mind in class in front of many people it's like I just didn't give two shits. That was quite a thing for me. I don't really "no-fap" anymore but I went from doing it daily to once every 4-5 days.
When I used to fast and be on low calorie diets I had very high androgens and couldn't go without twice a day that was pretty crazy.
I think being on finasteride also reduced my libido somewhat as well compared to back then.

One thing I will say is that up until trying no-fap I only knew about wet dreams from the biology book. Never actually experienced one until several weeks on nofap. I thought that was pretty telling haha.

shookwun

Reaction score
There is sexual pleasure, and desire but this shouldn't be confused with the ability to perform.

Your body and mind craves sex, and the release of dopamine but doesn't mean you will be able to perform if you have PIED.

PIED is real. get over yourselfs, and your beliefs. l-o-l

Masturbation is healthy by itself with minimal fantasy, p**rn isn't. No exception

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking back on this thread, reading the logs, it turns out that the first time I woke up in the middle of the night with an erection was May 7th. I started April 14th, so that means it took a little over 3 weeks of pure nofap to recover any erectile quality. Right now, even when I have relapse, I'm at a stage where it takes four or five days to recover any sensitivity. Incidentally last night I went to sleep at 1am, woke up at 4am, and three hours later after not falling asleep I jerked off (no p**rn). So I'll probably need another 4 or 5 days to recover, but I'm making progress as that's better than 23 days.

I'll try and speak to a doctor this week or next about cycling different sleeping pills. I don't want to use amitriptyline perpetually as I think my body builds resistance.

The progress is real, but I have a long way to go. The ideal is to be able to have sex multiple times a day, to last a long time, for erections to emerge merely at the thought of an attractive woman or slight affectionate touching, and to stay hard for several minutes if I take a break to go drink a glass of water.

sachalamp

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been sleeping much better the past few days, and have had no issues. I don't think I've woken up earlier than 6am. Also falling asleep relatively quickly. I hope my sleep keeps improving as my fitness improves.

I did try out the magnesium chloride spray that was recommended by another poster. Using it coincides exactly with my sleep improving but I remain skeptical. At the very least, it is a cheap and easy supplement to use. I put some on my arms, lower back, and stomach after the shower.

I am also switching to taking my supplements in the morning. I'm slowly drawing down my supplement cupboard, I was taking too much sh*t, but I'll still have a few left. In a couple weeks my ZMA-like supplement (Biozinc from Blackmores) should be over, and I will not be replacing it.

You have to be consistent with Magnesium chloride but at the same time not overdo it. I've done that since I felt so good on it and you can overdose on it which will give you insomnia and restlessness. It was a wild ride to say at least for me (very calm- like I haven't been in ages, with very anxious.. like I haven't been in ages). Just start easy and work your way up.

At the same time, check your kidney filtering capacity (ACR and GFR seem to be the most reliable and straight forward tests https://www.kidney.org/kidneydisease/twosimpletests - on top of which you can add a urine summary. All three should be very cheap ). That's just to stay on the safe side, as Mg, just like other vitamins or drugs, put a load on your kidneys. I've also noticed increased thirst when I applied a lot (whole body) and let it on (i drank 4+ L of water).

Also, you can control absorbtion rate by temperature, perspiration and area of effect (if you go out and jog in a hot day/ or simply work out intensely, you will absorb a shitload, so be careful). A massive Mg overdose can cause heart failure, but you'd probably need to get a fuckload, but then again, it's unknown how efficient overall is the transdermal route. In my opinion it's quite good and fast, but it's harder to control. Just use it for a couple of weeks to get a feel of it.

You can dilute it 1:2, 1:4 etc. In my opinion the cheapest way is to buy the flakes (very cheap, should be available in many places) and mix with distilled water (you can mix with normal water but it might spoil in a couple of weeks/months). This will cost you almost 1/10 of the price you pay for "oil".

Let me know how it works for you, for me it made a significant difference in many areas, not just sleep, but i don't want to say it so that I don't influence you.

Careful with what you mix it, in essence it creates potential for vasodilation, so that and minoxidil, garlic (nitric oxide) etc (there is a whole list of natural and synthetic vasodilators) might cause some issues depending on dosage.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it takes ~4 months for magnesium to replete cells (it's mostly stored in body tissue/bones/etc, only 2% is serum and it's tightly regulated, which is why a standard Mg serum test is worthless). But sadly I can't find that study again yet. So again, you need to be consistent. Just read studies and pages on Mg to get a broader understanding.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's your caloric intake and BF% like? To you eat entirely to satiety? Do you know your objective body temperature? Do you generally feel colder or warmer than most people? Do you drink fluid when not thirsty? Have you tried any drugs for the ED?

Sorry if excessive, I am quite curious about these things though. They are very related to each other based on my experience and communication with others.

My body fat percentage was measured as being 18.6% a few weeks ago, so it might be 17% now. Note that those machines are not super-trustworthy, it's an electrical impedance machine in a pharmacy, with the current going from hands to feet. I get everything taken there every few weeks.

Blood pressure was 108/79. It may have dropped as I have recently started minoxidil.

Weight is now ~87 Kg at a height of 181 cm, so slightly overweight and significantly below the weight range where the medical literature would expect me to have ED due to being overweight (~117 Kg). If I bought new pants tomorrow the waist size would be 34 or 35.

I eat ~2,500-3,000 calories a day, six days a week. I try to fast once a week.

I drink all the time. I chain drink tea. Also 2 cups of coffee a day. Dehydration is not my issue. I did have urine and blood tests along with testosterone and none of the electrolytes stood out.

I don't know what my body temperature is. When I was fat, I always wanted less heating and more air conditioning than everybody else. That is no longer the case. Lately I've been freezing, but it is winter here in Canberra, and insulation sucks in Australia.

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
My body fat percentage was measured as being 18.6% a few weeks ago, so it might be 17% now. Note that those machines are not super-trustworthy, it's an electrical impedance machine in a pharmacy, with the current going from hands to feet. I get everything taken there every few weeks.

Blood pressure was 108/79. Weight is now ~87 Kg at a height of 181 cm, so slightly overweight and significantly below the weight range where the medical literature would expect me to have ED due to being overweight (~117 Kg). If I bought new pants tomorrow the waist size would be 34 or 35.

I eat ~2,500-3,000 calories a day, six days a week. I try to fast once a week.

I drink all the time. I chain drink tea. Also 2 cups of coffee a day. Dehydration is not my issue. I did have urine and blood tests along with testosterone and none of the electrolytes stood out.

I don't know what my body temperature is. When I was fat, I always wanted less heating and more air conditioning than everybody else. That is no longer the case. Lately I've been freezing, but it is winter here in Canberra, and insulation sucks in Australia.

I mostly wondered if overhydration is your issue. Despite my high test levels, I can give myself ED if I drink too much fluid, and I have spoken to many people like that. Have you ever tried going thirsty, to see if your function is better? I'd say it's worth a shot, but I guess it wrecks your nofap attempts to try. Also, you've been freezing, that would also make sexual function terrible for me. Limiting fluid intake and upping sodium will likely make you feel warmer.