I'm doing nofap in an attempt resolve sexual dysfunction issues | Page 11 | HairLossTalk Forums

I'm doing nofap in an attempt resolve sexual dysfunction issues

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Afro_Vacancy, May 5, 2016.

1. rclark

rclark Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    There's probably nothing wrong with jerking off? The reason I say that is because there's probably a limit
    to how much the scrotum (sperm) it can hold?

Is that not correct? At some point, it has to be released.

2. Afro_Vacancy

Afro_Vacancy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    A friend of mine went two weeks without jerking it at the start of college, he wanted to hold off until he got real sex, the plan was to motivate.

He got a blow job and unloaded two weeks worth of load into a woman without warning her.

She gagged.

Rudiger and worm like this.
  3. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Due to jet lag I woke up at 300am and I was tired and bored as fuck. Now 7 jerks, in 4 sessions, in 23 days. This is quite weak, not my most impressive run at all. I have no choice but to keep trying though.

Tonight I will try to go to sleep late, I have had like four nights in a row of poor sleep.

Meanwhile, the website
    http://www.yourbrainrebalanced.com/forum/
    Has been upgraded.

4. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I restarted an am at 8 days, the jet lag killed my last attempt as I couldn't sleep. I've been getting some erections here and there, plausibly due to actual interactions with a live woman.

Right now I cannot masturbate. I just had surgery, a hernia repair. I'm nearly immobile. It kind of sucks but it's for the long-term best.

5. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I had an intake with a sexual psychiatry clinic today. I went in and spoke to one therapist (male) forever an hour, took a break while he spoke to two other therapists (one male, one female), and then following this went in and out of the room while they spoke to me and spoke to each other. Next week, I will receive a call about follow-up, which will presumably involve further counselling sessions and a preliminary diagnosis.

During the intake i gave a pretty thorough life history. He asked if I've had fantasies about animals, men, children, etc. Lots of questions, the only thing that made me uncomfortable was describing what I fantasize about.

They asked that I be receptive to what they have to say, and consider the possibility that this is mostly mental. One of the senior leads sensed anger within me as to how the process has developed over the past few years, I stated that I did feel that prior things were not adequately researched/investigated. They believe that there's no link between masturbation and ED. They don't want to prescribe anti-depressants, they don't think it's my issue.

6. GornMyson

GornMyson Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Anyone still doing this ?

7. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I'm on break from it, too much stress right now.

8. worm

worm Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Im still doing it, but not for any reason but to temper a habit, the habit being that it was way too easy to fap then engage my gf. Im at 8 months. I almost slipped up last week, but for the most part, ive kind of kicked the habit and dont really feel tempted to fap anymore.

That said, I dont think Im noticing much in terms of changes. I dont have more sex drive, it hasnt reset my libido, it hasnt made my erections better. I may feel a little more confident, but I think that's more psychological and because im able to exert some self control.

I started in June and had one slip up in September. I kind of felt bad at the time as I had made it to 3 months, and blew it (literally) in just a few minutes of a need for release. So Im basically at 11 months, with one indiscretion in between. Id like to make it to September, then I'll reassess, but ultimately I dont think it really does anything at all. In the end, I feel it's more of a personal challenge, and im undecided what I'll do when I make it to 1 year since my last session.

Last thing, I am absolutely 100% positive it does not do anything for hairloss, whoever says it does is lying to themselves and to us.

GornMyson and Afro_Vacancy like this.
  9. Tano1

Tano1 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I did no fap for exactly a month and what sucks is I caved in not due to temptation but for an experiment that claimed multiple orgasming without ejaculation lol. I will say that I'll never forget Day 18 for me. I was watching a show that had nothing that could sexually stimulate me at my hotel and I was just completely normal with a clear mind and no perverted thoughts. Suddenly the urge just came out of nowhere and to make a long story short, a friend of mine was coming over to the hotel to pick something up right quick and I was literally there getting incredibly stimulated by nothing just trying to watch my show. He came and we talked for around 15 minutes (me being in a euphoric state trying to keep a straight face the entire time) before he left and I laid on the bed and just closed my eyes. I didn't touch myself at all and I was able to control if I wanted the erection or not. In the end I had like a minor orgasm that could've escalated had I laid there for another hour.

I did it for the hair loss but noticed no change in exactly 30 days of no fap just incase someone is wondering.

Further experimenting I found that if I only fap every 7 days I have the strongest erections and an insane amount of well... let's just say, you know :)

I do not suffer from Erectile Dysfunction incase someone is also wondering.

Afro_Vacancy likes this.
  10. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Better, not cured, though I'm taking a break from nofap to focus on other issues.

rclark likes this.
  11. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Congratulations man.

Are you on day 46 now?

12. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    OK, I've done nofap for 3 weeks by default because I was on a roadtrip with my girlfriend.

Well, at first it made sex feel better for me, then we came at the same time, and then... you guessed it, I started cumming too fast.

I thought I had it under control but it happened again last time. Stick to your p*rn, kids.

Seriously though, even though the sex felt less good overall, I preferred my old situation.

After a week of fapping to p*rn, my sensitivity was still high.

Hopefully an intense p*rn regimen is going to get me back where I was soon.

JeanLucBB and Afro_Vacancy like this.
  13. JeanLucBB

JeanLucBB Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Nofapp is retarded. I masturbate 4 times a day, even if I have sex I tend to masturbate to the memory of the sex literally when I get home the next day. Finasteride has increased my libido, I often wake up with a boner lately needing to have wank before I can get back to sleep again.

UberBaldaten and WhitePolarBear like this.
  14. barfacan

barfacan Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Case closed.

WhitePolarBear and JeanLucBB like this.
  15. JeanLucBB

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    The first time I ever got an erection was after starting finasteride.

16. Mr. Prince

Mr. Prince Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I had PIED before starting finasteride and I still have it after using finasteride. I'm nofap to fix it. Has nothing to do with finasteride for me.

17. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Just FYI it's bad practice to give yourself as an anecdotal example.

It shouldn't be that hard to understand that there's dispersion in the population, and that something might help one person and harm another.

You know, some people smoke for decades and never get lung cancer.

Pelopeleon and WhitePolarBear like this.
  18. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yep, that's why "I'm doing furious fap in an attempt to resolve premature ejaculation".

JeanLucBB likes this.
  19. JeanLucBB

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I realise and was being semi-facetious, but the honest truth is that it is a fucking senseless waste of time if there ever was one and there is zero legitimate data backing up a reason to engage in it.

I mean even your initial post rightly states that the benefits of nofapp are anecdotal, and I don't thinks its unrealistic to suggest that any benefits are something of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Personally I can't do nofapp as I get bad testicle pain and an overload of semen if I go longer than 3-4 days, if I fuck a girl and sleep with them afterwards I often get serious ball pain and end up with a giant fucking load that I need to wank out because I have a boner all night long and my body is in a state of thinking it is about to have sex again or something. I produce too much semen or something.

The only thing more ridiculous than nofap would be setting a target of wanking 10 times a day.

WhitePolarBear likes this.
  20. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I discuss these issues including that of uncertainty issues further up-thread.

21. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    There's a range of responses out there and I wish people were more accepting of that.

Among other things you wrote before that you got stronger erections on finasteride. That happens to some people, clearly, you're not the first one to mention it. But we also know that some people get weaker erections. And I don't see the benefit in either saying that you're lying/confused, or that those people are lying/confused, as many on this forum do. We don't understand the physiology fully, we know that there's a dispersion of variation, so let's just accept that.

I just don't see the benefit, and I see a lot of harm, in assuming that one's own experience is the universal norm. It's not necessarily the case.

Having done this a few times (this project is on hold for now), I can tell you that the benefits were not a self-fulfilling prophecy. There was a significant physiological change. I don't normally (i.e. otherwise never) wake up at 2:00am because I have an erection crying out for release.

Congratulations on being healthy though.

22. JohnathonNY

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey dude, I just saw this thread. I'm on probably 100+ days nofap and it really does work. Even if it is placebo, my life is really better off and I wouldn't go back even if I was proved wrong. On a side note, I cured by ED at day 78 (I remember because I had pretty strong erection finally without fantasizing or p*rn). It does get easier after the 2 month mark. People say it is impossible, but I've been PMO (p*rn Masturbation Orgasm) for about 8 years before that. Once you get past 50+ days, you won't feel the need to watch P or even touch your junk. You'll still feel horny but you will find other methods to relieve it like exercise or actually chasing girls.

Relating to hair loss, I did experience a stop in hair loss. Pairing this with cold showers, I barely have hair loss on my pillow nor in the shower. Of course I've been balding since 19, but it stopped once I went on nofap around late 21.

FutureSaitama and Afro_Vacancy like this.
  23. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Are you getting wet dreams? regular sex?