I'm 16, Am I Balding (pictures) Urgent Help

Max Austerlitz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was and I'm facing this problem, I personally helped nizoral shampoos, the result I was really happy with

tiello

My Regimen
Reaction score
I heard a rumour about topical Finasteride too.... from Italy I think. No sure if obtainable here. Where do you get your Finas from?

Yes, in Italy Dr. Gigli made finasteride topical Gel, it actually works, but many thinks that it works thanks to the absorption of finasteride in the bloodstream. So is actually the same as taking propecia. Some says they didn't had any sides with topical finasteride, other says they had the same sides.

tiello

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've met a lot of hair doctors, the first one I've met was when I was 21, as soon as I star ttalking about Propecia he stopped me and asked me: "how old are you?"
"21" I replied
And he said: "I think we should wait another year before propecia."

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What will the doctor be able to do

It depends on the doctor. Some of them don't even seem to know what finasteride is. I remember asking one doctor about finasteride and he just looked at me blankly before saying "we don't prescribe that". Having said that not all doctors are the same, it certainly wouldn't do any harm to speak to a professional.

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it were me I would do two things. 1) I would find a trichologist that can do microscopic images of your scalp and see genuinely if you are thinning and the condition of your scalp - it's too hard to tell from the pictures. 2) I would then go to a doctor, share your concerns, and hear what your pharmaceutical options are from someone who can care for your overall health.
I'm female, so it's a little hard for me to comment completely on your situation.. it doesn't look to me like you are thinning, With my condition I did both of the above, and in the end, I went down a herbal route with much success (the hair 101 system - something we have here in Australia). I am, not advising you do this, you need to find what works for you. All the advice here is valid.. but please don't panic too much, you're not about to lose all your hair, and you are young enough to tackle a thinning issue (if there is indeed one) with a lot of success X

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
the medical industry agrees that miniaturization of the hair follicles can start as early as age 7. 88% of men possess the male pattern baldness gene. This guy and I are of those who have to resort to chemical castration and high doses of dutasteride to stop our hair loss.
How the hell are you affording all these treatments? 2.5mg of dutasteride would be ludicrously expensive. If you're getting it from Alibaba, it's probably fake.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How the hell are you affording all these treatments? 2.5mg of dutasteride would be ludicrously expensive. If you're getting it from Alibaba, it's probably fake.
mine is Pharma grade, its about $130/momth

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
mine is Pharma grade, its about $130/momth
How can you be sure? Have you had it tested? I'm not trying to trip you up, but most 16 year olds don't know much about anything. I've been researching hairloss and treatments for a few years now and there's still a lot I don't know. Where did you buy your dutasteride? Also you might still be losing due to the insane spike of testosterone from the dutasteride, 2.5mg is major overkill. I even think 0.5mg is. If you are that inclined to stop hair loss use finasteride and an anti androgen ( not spironolactone ). That is if you even have hair loss, can you post pics of your hair? It might be all in your head, or not nearly as bad as you perceive it to be.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@AnxiousAndy he already posted pics. He has a full head of hair. He needs to see a therapist.

@DHTcel if you’re not a bored little virgin troll, then listen closely....all those drugs are going to ruin your life, you’re 16. You’ll eventually lose your hair anyway. You say your doing this for a girlfriend? Well that girlfriend wants a guy with a working dick.
Just stop taking meds. Your hair is okay, you stupid piece of sh*t.

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@DHTcel if you’re not a bored little virgin troll, then listen closely....all those drugs are going to ruin your life, you’re 16. You’ll eventually lose your hair anyway. You say your doing this for a girlfriend? Well that girlfriend wants a guy with a working dick.
Just stop taking meds. Your hair is okay, you stupid piece of sh*t.[/QUOTE]

Bit harsh mate... what you say is true re women, and also re his health..., however, doesn't matter what you or I think, DHTcel is here because he is looking for support, 16 is a tough age to genuinely be losing hair (if indeed that is the case) .. sure as a woman, I honestly don't care if a man is bald or not, the sexiest men have dated have been bald.. health is more important... but calling him a stupid piece of sh*t is not going to help..

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just stop taking meds. Your hair is okay, you stupid piece of sh*t.

Bit harsh mate... what you say is true re women, and also re his health..., however, doesn't matter what you or I think, DHTcel is here because he is looking for support, 16 is a tough age to genuinely be losing hair (if indeed that is the case) .. sure as a woman, I honestly don't care if a man is bald or not, the sexiest men have dated have been bald.. health is more important... but calling him a stupid piece of sh*t is not going to help..[/QUOTE]
I've been called old at school

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bit harsh mate... what you say is true re women, and also re his health..., however, doesn't matter what you or I think, DHTcel is here because he is looking for support, 16 is a tough age to genuinely be losing hair (if indeed that is the case) .. sure as a woman, I honestly don't care if a man is bald or not, the sexiest men have dated have been bald.. health is more important... but calling him a stupid piece of sh*t is not going to help..
I've been called old at school[/QUOTE]

I know how tough that must feel at 16.. have you been to a doctor to check your hormones? Saw Palmetto stopped a lot of my shedding because I had high levels of DHT.. it's cheap and easy to get, and I do know some men who have come off Minoxidil and not lost hair by taking Saw Palmetto.. there are many ways to stop hair loss and grow thick hair, trouble is, what you do now, will typically take 3 months to be seen.. so it's a waiting game and also takes a lot of investigation early on to identify the causes..