I'm 16, Am I Balding (pictures) Urgent Help

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been called old at school

I know how tough that must feel at 16.. have you been to a doctor to check your hormones? Saw Palmetto stopped a lot of my shedding because I had high levels of DHT.. it's cheap and easy to get, and I do know some men who have come off Minoxidil and not lost hair by taking Saw Palmetto.. there are many ways to stop hair loss and grow thick hair, trouble is, what you do now, will typically take 3 months to be seen.. so it's a waiting game and also takes a lot of investigation early on to identify the causes..[/QUOTE]
I’m on dutasteride 2.5mg ED and I’m still having my hairs get miniaturized by dht everyday.

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know how tough that must feel at 16.. have you been to a doctor to check your hormones? Saw Palmetto stopped a lot of my shedding because I had high levels of DHT.. it's cheap and easy to get, and I do know some men who have come off Minoxidil and not lost hair by taking Saw Palmetto.. there are many ways to stop hair loss and grow thick hair, trouble is, what you do now, will typically take 3 months to be seen.. so it's a waiting game and also takes a lot of investigation early on to identify the causes..
I’m on dutasteride 2.5mg ED and I’m still having my hairs get miniaturized by dht everyday.[/QUOTE]

There are a lot of natural ways to Tackle DHT, both in diet (avocados, bananas, tomatoes, soy milk) and herbs (saw palmetto being one of the most powerful).. I would incorporate those also.. see if it helps..

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m on dutasteride 2.5mg ED and I’m still having my hairs get miniaturized by dht everyday.

There are a lot of natural ways to Tackle DHT, both in diet (avocados, bananas, tomatoes, soy milk) and herbs (saw palmetto being one of the most powerful).. I would incorporate those also.. see if it helps..[/QUOTE]
I got blood tested for dht and testosterone and my dht was non detectable but testosterone also plays a role in hairloss for the small minority of people like me that have insanely aggressive hair loss genetics

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Cate he's giving out terrible advice to other 16 year olds on this site. It's not harsh. And bananas and avocados wont stop hair loss, they are delicious though!

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Cate he's giving out terrible advice to other 16 year olds on this site. It's not harsh. And bananas and avocados wont stop hair loss, they are delicious though!
please don't make accusations of me, I'm severely depressed I don't want the bad for others.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
please don't make accusations of me, I'm severely depressed I don't want the bad for others.
I feel for you bro, but you told OP to jump on finasteride or dutasteride. I personally thinks that's a very bad idea at such a young age and the guy should at least get his hair checked out first. Putting that aside, I'm sorry you yourself are losing hair at such a young age(you look to have a decent amount of hair to be honest) but even the worry must suck. I'm pretty angry your father would pay for all that junk to pump around his young sons body.
I don't know what to suggest for you, I feel you wouldn't listen anyway. Good luck.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel for you bro, but you told OP to jump on finasteride or dutasteride. I personally thinks that's a very bad idea at such a young age and the guy should at least get his hair checked out first. Putting that aside, I'm sorry you yourself are losing hair at such a young age(you look to have a decent amount of hair to be honest) but even the worry must suck. I'm pretty angry your father would pay for all that junk to pump around his young sons body.
I don't know what to suggest for you, I feel you wouldn't listen anyway. Good luck.
I just want to feel loved by another girl, when I go to school the other guys treat me nice while I get dirty looks from girls if I make eye contact. Now Im balding, I just wish I would not wake up tomorrow, my life is hell.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just want to feel loved by another girl, when I go to school the other guys treat me nice while I get dirty looks from girls if I make eye contact. Now Im balding, I just wish I would not wake up tomorrow, my life is hell.
I read your schedule....no wonder girls aren't interested.
You're still young, get off ALL of the hair meds - Finasteride made my hair worse. stop sleeping, stop crying in the shower (although it's okay to cry) stop listening to your parents. Start a martial arts TOMORROW. Work on your confidence and self esteem. It's going to take a while, but if you stick to it, you'll be f*****g those same girls in those same toilets you're now crying in.
And for fucks sake, go and see a counselor.

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read your schedule....no wonder girls aren't interested.
You're still young, get off ALL of the hair meds - Finasteride made my hair worse. stop sleeping, stop crying in the shower (although it's okay to cry) stop listening to your parents. Start a martial arts TOMORROW. Work on your confidence and self esteem. It's going to take a while, but if you stick to it, you'll be f*****g those same girls in those same toilets you're now crying in.
And for fucks sake, go and see a counselor.

He's right.. I really feel for you because I understand how traumatic it can be.. truly.. as a woman going through it.. it almost took me to suicide, I wanted to die. But he is right, as a man, if you get your body fit and concentrate on getting strong mentally and physically, you will 100% pull the girls in that are making fun of you now.. 16 year old girls are not a good barometer of what real women find sexy in men... women don't care about hair. they are however, attracted to men that are fit, and mentally strong...Martial arts is a great idea if you can get your head around it. as I said. two of the the sexiest men I have had in my life were completely bald, but VERY strong, mentally and physically.. drove me wild.

On another note.. agree food wont stop genetic baldness, but food can reduce levels of DHT.

I didn't think high testosterone was the cause of baldness, unless converted into DHT?

Last edited:

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
No one on here should be giving you medical advice, you need to see a dermatologist. Some of the people on this thread are posting complete and utter rubbish information.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are balding. At this tender age people have full hairline but you don't. If you don't do anything you would be bald 10 years from now.

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are balding. At this tender age people have full hairline but you don't. If you don't do anything you would be bald 10 years from now.

Well that's a really helpful comment.. sheesh... 1) how do you know he is balding at this "tender age" - you have no close up microscopic images of his scalp.. you have NO idea if he will go bald or not .. or the time span of it! and 2) what kind of help is your comment? Imagine someone telling you this at 16.. what do you think it would do to you mentally??? Really unhelpful

He needs advice, not someone scaring him senseless..

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well that's a really helpful comment.. sheesh... 1) how do you know he is balding at this "tender age" - you have no close up microscopic images of his scalp.. you have NO idea if he will go bald or not .. or the time span of it! and 2) what kind of help is your comment? Imagine someone telling you this at 16.. what do you think it would do to you mentally??? Really unhelpful

He needs advice, not someone scaring him senseless..
I am not.scaring him ,I am giving him the advice that nobody has given . I am honestly thinks he is balding and would become bald near 30 if he is just 16.

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not.scaring him ,I am giving him the advice that nobody has given . I am honestly thinks he is balding and would become bald near 30 if he is just 16.

I just think at 16 , the concept of losing hair is terrifying.. at 30, he may feel differently and a lot more confident. Right now, the last thing he needs to feel is stress that he is about to go bald, as that will make the situation 100% worst. My suggestion would be to go to a tribologist and get a proper diagnosis (with microscopic images). my experience with Doctors gives me zero confidence that they have the ability to assist outside of prescribing blood tests.. Personally, I don't agree with starting any pharmaceutical medication at 16 years. that you have to take for life (just because he now has a terror that he is going to go "bald by 30" ) and carries numerous and dangerous side effects (and eventually stops working regardless - i.e. minoxidil). I would explore natural dietary and herbal remedies to improve overall health and assist hair growth... There are clinics that offer herbal remedies for hair loss... I have experience with one, and the results thus far have been amazing (and faster than gong the pharmaceutical route - which I did initially try) .. so there are healthy options out there.. But regardless, at 16, suffering this is tough, and I honestly think the best advice he received was to get himself mentally fit and strong, because that will give him a far better ability to choose healthy options for his life...

DanielinDeniel

My Regimen
Reaction score
you dude, I see receding hairline. If this was your hairline from the childhood then its fine, otherwise definitely balding. Also for 16 yo this is really fast. If this was a condition of a 22 - 25 yo then it would be ok but for 16 you need to act quick.

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you dude, I see receding hairline. If this was your hairline from the childhood then its fine, otherwise definitely balding. Also for 16 yo this is really fast. If this was a condition of a 22 - 25 yo then it would be ok but for 16 you need to act quick.

Here we go again..."act quick"... quick doing what exactly? Going onto pharmaceutical drugs that muck abut with his hormones or have numerous side effects? I'm not saying you're wrong re the hair, but to be fair, he needs to go and see someone who can do close up images and diagnose for certain what is going on...To hear this at 16 would send me into a full on panic attack when all you should be focusing on at that age is studying and enjoying youth... Can any of you guys give him some advice that can a) help build his confidence and realise that it's not the end of the world, and b) slow any hair loss naturally at that age?

DanielinDeniel

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here we go again..."act quick"... quick doing what exactly? Going onto pharmaceutical drugs that muck abut with his hormones or have numerous side effects? I'm not saying you're wrong re the hair, but to be fair, he needs to go and see someone who can do close up images and diagnose for certain what is going on...To hear this at 16 would send me into a full on panic attack when all you should be focusing on at that age is studying and enjoying youth... Can any of you guys give him some advice that can a) help build his confidence and realise that it's not the end of the world, and b) slow any hair loss naturally at that age?
Yea... thats true, but he is on this site to get some help about his hair situation and by act quick we mean to get a Doctor check up his hair and take necessary actions according to the doctor.

Cate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea... thats true, but he is on this site to get some help about his hair situation and by act quick we mean to get a Doctor check up his hair and take necessary actions according to the doctor.

Fair enough, but if they do anything, the doctor is only going to prescribe pharmaceutical medication... which he will likely be on for life.. at 16, I think that is too young.. very difficult situation..