If Hrt Isn't Stopping My male pattern baldness Does That Mean Its Something Different?

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
AnxiousAndy you seem to move on to treatments very quickly. The most successful thing you can do with growing your hair back is sticking to something for 6 months and FORGETTING about it. Don't look, don't touch, don't change, don't add. In 6 months reevaluate and move on to something then.

You are making the mistake of switching crap around. Which is a mistake we all make because we want our damn hair back yesterday. Hair doesn't 'reset' and grow that quickly though.

I am sure you will be off whatever you are taking now soon because the stuff you are taking is UNSUSTAINABLE. It will eventually cause side effects that are not worth dealing with.

agreed. i would ditch all that crap and just stick with finasteride, or maybe if you are desperate, dutasteride.
take it every day for a year and stop worrying about every little shed.
if you keep hopping on and off different hormone based treatments you are just going to cause all your hormones to fluctuate and kill your hair.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ikr it sucks. The only other person I know that's never had success with any treatment is Georgie. She does have FPHL though so I'm not sure if that's in some ways different from typical male pattern baldness. I will keep up with my treatments regardless..I can't give up yet. I wonder if I was born female that I would experience typical male pattern baldness and be a NW3 woman at the tender age of 22/23 which is where I think I'll be at if things don't turn around. I find it hard to believe that I could be in the 0.1% of people that don't respond to such an aggressive regimen but if that's the case I'll probably just end it all and be done with this life, this is no life to live. I really hope things get better but I won't hold my breath. Im the youngest to bald in my family by a landslide (14) I feel cursed.
lol please post a pic or link where georgie proved having hair loss. she was just ANOTHER goddamn paranoid norwod 1, which you come off as too. dude you keep talking about shedding but are you seeing ACTUAL thinning or balding? lmao

patrickstewartfacepalm.jpg

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol please post a pic or link where georgie proved having hair loss. she was just ANOTHER goddamn paranoid norwod 1, which you come off as too. dude you keep talking about shedding but are you seeing ACTUAL thinning or balding? lmao

patrickstewartfacepalm.jpg
Yup. I was Norwood 1.5 two years ago now I'm past Norwood 2... The recession is obvious, the thinning is visible and if you say there's nothing wrong then you're dumber than I expected.
I can't be bothered searching for her pics but I have seen them. If you're that interested go look for them yourself.

Attachments

• IMG_20180502_233803.jpg
    IMG_20180502_233803.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_20180502_233705.jpg
    IMG_20180502_233705.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 278

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup. I was Norwood 1.5 two years ago now I'm past Norwood 2... The recession is obvious, the thinning is visible and if you say there's nothing wrong then you're dumber than I expected.
I can't be bothered searching for her pics but I have seen them. If you're that interested go look for them yourself.
you got on fuckin trans hormones . . . . for THAT?!

Holy sheet lmfao

and no im not going to look for attention wh*** georgies imaginary hair loss pics lol. post them if theyre real, otherwise its like i remember seeing it as. as of now you're probably just white knighting

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score

Holy sheet lmfao

and no im not going to look for attention wh*** georgies imaginary hair loss pics lol. post them if theyre real, otherwise its like i remember seeing it as. as of now you're probably just white knighting

Exodus remember that just because someone does not look like they are going through a tough time according to your standards does not mean they are not according to THEIR standards. You are right that his pics do not warrant taking trans hormones (I do not think ANY hair loss warrants that...) But for him it is traumatic.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score

Holy sheet lmfao

It seems the baby threw away his bottle lmao. Thanks for all the dislikes it really hurts my feelings damn you got me good hahah you incel! How am I in any way shape or form white knighting when all I said was I've seen her pics, if you want to see then look for yourself? Are you sure you're 24 and not 14? Cause you sure act like it. Why not post pics of your hair? Let's see what you're dealing with.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems the baby threw away his bottle lmao. Thanks for all the dislikes it really hurts my feelings damn you got me good hahah you incel! How am I in any way shape or form white knighting when all I said was I've seen her pics, if you want to see then look for yourself? Are you sure you're 24 and not 14? Cause you sure act like it. Why not post pics of your hair? Let's see what you're dealing with.
dude why are u on hormones for a nw2 you're insane jesus

and i was Norwood 6 at 21

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ikr it sucks. The only other person I know that's never had success with any treatment is Georgie. She does have FPHL though so I'm not sure if that's in some ways different from typical male pattern baldness. I will keep up with my treatments regardless..I can't give up yet. I wonder if I was born female that I would experience typical male pattern baldness and be a NW3 woman at the tender age of 22/23 which is where I think I'll be at if things don't turn around. I find it hard to believe that I could be in the 0.1% of people that don't respond to such an aggressive regimen but if that's the case I'll probably just end it all and be done with this life, this is no life to live. I really hope things get better but I won't hold my breath. Im the youngest to bald in my family by a landslide (14) I feel cursed.

good to mention George since both of you have few if any hairloss

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol legit 20 year nw6 cueballs are getting bullied on hairloss forum by NW1 teens

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exodus remember that just because someone does not look like they are going through a tough time according to your standards does not mean they are not according to THEIR standards. You are right that his pics do not warrant taking trans hormones (I do not think ANY hair loss warrants that...) But for him it is traumatic.
Norwood 2 . . traumatic

:confused::confused::confused::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
dude why are u on hormones for a nw2 you're insane jesus

and i was Norwood 6 at 21
I didn't just start off on hormones, idiot. I was on brand name propecia only for a year and I was below baseline, then I added in topical spironolactone and the combo didn't work either. So I added in oral spironolactone alongside the topical and finasteride but I was still losing my hair on this, the spironolactone gave me an awful shed. I then dropped the spironolactone and got on oral minoxidil which did work for a little while but then I lost all my regrowth and more. That's when I started hormones and its still not working. I may not be 'bald' but when you have visibly more hair a year ago than you do now of course its distressing..

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't just start off on hormones, idiot. I was on brand name propecia only for a year and I was below baseline, then I added in topical spironolactone and the combo didn't work either. So I added in oral spironolactone alongside the topical and finasteride but I was still losing my hair on this, the spironolactone gave me an awful shed. I then dropped the spironolactone and got on oral minoxidil which did work for a little while but then I lost all my regrowth and more. That's when I started hormones and its still not working. I may not be 'bald' but when you have visibly more hair a year ago than you do now of course its distressing..
losing 0.1% of your hair shouldnt make you this insane. you need mental help not hair help lol.lmfao at that being depressing.

how many here are delusional schizophrenic Norwood 1.1s , like everyday i find out another member is like this. where are the people with actual fuckin hair loss lmao

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
just to make sure you get the point, YOU DO REALIZE YOU'RE TAKING MEDICATION TO BECOME A GIRL FOR A NORWOOD 2 AT MOST

seriously you need a mental health professional

even actual transgenders are too scared to get on those regimens and here you are getting on it for a hallucination

it blows my mind lol

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
AnxiousAndy to help alleviate your anxiety you can try some concealers like Topikk. I am planning on getting some for my top while my treatments start working...

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
just to make sure you get the point, YOU DO REALIZE YOU'RE TAKING MEDICATION TO BECOME A GIRL FOR A NORWOOD 2 AT MOST

seriously you need a mental health professional

even actual transgenders are too scared to get on those regimens and here you are getting on it for a hallucination

it blows my mind lol
I'll never be a girl. With the exception of estrogen the medications I'm on were not originally used for mtf transitions. I take low dose estrogen, my breasts are tender but I have no actual breast growth. You can be bitter all you like exodus but the only thing its doing is exposing you for who you really are.. Its honestly quite sad. I made this thread to find out if there's a possible alternative cause for my hairloss and all you've done is attack me. You're a sad, cynical little man and I genuinely feel sorry for you.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll never be a girl. With the exception of estrogen the medications I'm on were not originally used for mtf transitions. I take low dose estrogen, my breasts are tender but I have no actual breast growth. You can be bitter all you like exodus but the only thing its doing is exposing you for who you really are.. Its honestly quite sad. I made this thread to find out if there's a possible alternative cause for my hairloss and all you've done is attack me. You're a sad, cynical little man and I genuinely feel sorry for you.
lol what. i was gonna say i genuinely feel worried for you. did you at least see a doctor? thats trans meds however you nitpick or split hairs. thats insane to take that sh*t for a norwood 1.5/2.

bridgeburn i can understand because he was severely bald like me but you are being legitimately insane

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I won't lie to you, I'm a Norwood 1.5 with no real business being here. However, I'm not on any treatment & mainly use this forum for the news category.

The anticipation of not knowing how thing will look for you years from now, is the only thing that has me on edge.

But thats life I suppose. Still I'm not at a fragile point where i'd take invasive meds if you don't have to. Just kinda seeing where things go. Once I pass 24 Ill feel relieved; that's when my father started losing his temples.
nothing wrong with low norwoods here, its just when people are delusional and hallucinate/exaggerate hair loss it pisses me off.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do wonder if you have hair loss or if it's just a mature hairline. Sure, a mature hairline is normally like Norwood 1.5/2 and you're a bit beyond that like a N W 2.25. But it's not an exact science, many mature hairlines can look quite different in shape. When I see your pictures, I don't see diffuse thinning, I don't see a crown problem (I think from the past pictures), temple peaks intact which most aggressive guys lose. That overall density I can tell is good and looks non balding. When someone is receding, you can almost visualise that forelock being left behind with subtle changes in colour and growth in that area, even in early stages. In your case I don't see this or island formation, it seems a prominent V shaped mature hairline even if it is extending a bit further back. You have a widow's peak and a high hairline/forehead to begin with, which may make the problem seem worse than it is.

I'd do a biopsy in your case to confirm male pattern baldness and also I wouldn't go nuclear for this hair loss. Going nuclear is always risky for your health and you may not even need to.

I hope I haven't offended you with what I think and it's my 2 cents.
No offence at all, thanks for the input wolf pack. I saw a dermatologist before I got on propecia and he confirmed it was male pattern baldness. My camera is very bad, but the hairs close to the receding points are significantly thinner than the ones at the forelock and are now slowly thinning towards it. 80% of the hairs I lose are much thinner towards the root, some are even invisible close to the root. My hairline used to be quite a wide V shape but now it is narrowing and the bald areas are becoming deeper, wider and more circular instead of tight and angular. I know my regimen is pretty hardcore but I've built my way up to this. I wouldn't be on this regimen if simpler, safer treatments were working for me. Propecia did nothing, I even think it made things worse. S5 cream was useless, oral spironolactone gave me a horrible shed the whole time I was on it, oral minoxidil was good at first but quickly lost all my gains and more. After 5 and a half months of shedding from the minoxidil my hair has really taken a hit, you can't see much difference due to poor camera quality but there are thinning gaps and areas that go almost as far back as NW3. Its only evident without using my thickening shampoo and in real life though, unless I get a better camera. My widows peak and high hairline definitely doesn't help. Nor the fact I'm skinny-fat and can't build muscle to save myself lol, so I don't think Androcur will eat away any as I already have very little. I'm still losing ground right now but hair loss has slowly a little bit, I think.. I'm 45 days in and sometimes I shed quite a bit more than other days but generally my shedding has went down somewhat.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@AnxiousAndy

Sometimes a derm is wrong, especially if he just made a diagnosis without a scalp microscopy and working out the percentage of miniaturised hairs. Maybe see a hair surgeon as they have better tools. Also it's normal to have miniaturised small hairs in front of your hairline. Dr Rassman himself said. My Bro is a natural Norwood 1 and I saw small hairs in front too.

Maybe the derm did the right tests and u do have male pattern baldness. U know your hair the best though as u see it daily. If it's starting to thin, it's very early and I would have expected finasteride/dutasteride to be enough. Topical spironolactone is not strong enough, more like an adjunct.
He never did any microscope tests or anything but the giveaway for me is at the center part my forelock its thick as f***,but at my receding parts they are very thin and I now have a white strip of pale skin on each side of my hairline where all my hair fell out very fast on my oral minoxidil shed. I would love to be able to get results with just finasteride, but for some reason my body doesn't respond to it in the way it should. I also find it weird how minoxidil only worked for me for 3 months? I'm hopeful with DHT and testosterone inhibition my loss will at least stop, because it doesn't make sense for it to continue. I have read a handful of reports of trans people who claim to still lose hair on HRT. I managed to track a couple of them down and found them to still have a lot of hair ( definitely wasn't wigs ) so I'm not sure what to believe. I know I probably have a 98% chance of at least maintaining but Im pretty sure I'm cursed.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
He never did any microscope tests or anything but the giveaway for me is at the center part my forelock its thick as f***,but at my receding parts they are very thin and I now have a white strip of pale skin on each side of my hairline where all my hair fell out very fast on my oral minoxidil shed. I would love to be able to get results with just finasteride, but for some reason my body doesn't respond to it in the way it should. I also find it weird how minoxidil only worked for me for 3 months? I'm hopeful with DHT and testosterone inhibition my loss will at least stop, because it doesn't make sense for it to continue. I have read a handful of reports of trans people who claim to still lose hair on HRT. I managed to track a couple of them down and found them to still have a lot of hair ( definitely wasn't wigs ) so I'm not sure what to believe. I know I probably have a 98% chance of at least maintaining but Im pretty sure I'm cursed.

You saying things like you are cursed is not helpful or accurate. You really need to put mild hair recession, while being a male, into perspective. This is not a rare disease, it is a very common part of aging just like wrinkles. Again though, you cannot take cypro for life and you are welcoming a whole host of other maladies into your life where maybe now you don't mind but if you get early onset dementia when you are 40, you may mind then.