iDelivery nanovehicle- insanely good vehicle for hair loss drugs

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We all dream of a new revolutionizing active ingredient, a new drug that could treat our hair loss with no side effects. Especially sexual side effects. Well sometimes we have to look at a problem from another perspective to find new solutions.

We have very effective drugs like Finasteride and Dutasteride. However a portion of hair loss sufferers have debilitating side effects from these. So we have to find a better solution. The natural method to improve upon existing drugs is the delivery method, or vehicle.

I recently stumbled on a vehicle developed by the company iDelivery, for use in topical hair loss products. The stats were absolutely insane:

• 2.5 % iDelivery Minoxidil signficantly outcompeted 5 % Minoxidil in mice

• 74 (!) % of the drug was still in the follicle, compared to 18 % with another nanovehicle, and 1 % for the free drug.

• 86 % less side effects, due to the vehicle penetrating through the follicular openings and not skin. Thus only approx 10 % of the iDelivery goes systemic, compared to alcoholic vehicles. This is because follicular openings are only a maximum of 10 % of the scalp area.

• Theoretically one can use 50 % less drug, due to the amplification of compound delivery to the follicular site (up to two times theoretical increase)

What is iDelivery’s vehicle?

-a diluted solution of a monoglyceride (stearic acid, unsaturated fats such as oleic and isostearic acid, or mixtures of these)

-dimyristoyl phosphatidylglycerol 1 mg/5 ml in chloroform/ethanol (ratio 1:9)

-90 mg/5 ml of Monomuls

-50 mg of Symperonic/5 ml

-Water (added dropwise under stirring)

Chloroform is evaporated and can be switched out with dichloromethane.

Thoughts?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like this is a readily available product based on their webpage. Do you plan to source it from them or make it yourself?

I'm also curious about the minoxidil results. If you were a non-responder and didn't have enough of the enzyme, would it matter if you targeted the follicle more directly?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm also curious about the minoxidil results. If you were a non-responder and didn't have enough of the enzyme, would it matter if you targeted the follicle more directly?
This is a great question!

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm does this delivery vehicle have to be customized for different compounds? Like estrogen for example?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've often said that we don't really need new drugs for hair loss...we just need to find a way to keep the existing ones... IN the follicle.

So, wrap some seviteronel and E2 in there... hair transplant in a bottle.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatevr I have also been thinking about an oral formulation of finasteride/dutasteride. With high polarity, high lewis bond strenth, lipophobic properties and/or high nm nanoparticles?

Would reduce or stop blood brain barrier penetration by a lot. And thus reduce side effects.

Thoughts?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatevr I have also been thinking about an oral formulation of finasteride/dutasteride. With high polarity, high lewis bond strenth, lipophobic properties and/or high nm nanoparticles?

Would reduce or stop blood brain barrier penetration by a lot. And thus reduce side effects.

Thoughts?

I'll pass on the 5-AR inhibitors personally, had a really bad experience so I'm not touching that ever again.

But maybe something like OH-Flutamide or Darolutamide would be worth encapsulating and trying.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like this is a readily available product based on their webpage. Do you plan to source it from them or make it yourself?

Make it myself

Yes in theory it could help non responders because they still have some sulf t enzyme, so more drug retention would give the enzymes more time to work on it so to say.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would it make sense to use this vehicle for SMI-6 and KY so the possible sides (which should be none anyways) could be completely avoided?
Yes it would make sense

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm does this delivery vehicle have to be customized for different compounds? Like estrogen for example?
Probably not suitable for every compound but most I think will work just fine

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Make it myself

Yes in theory it could help non responders because they still have some sulf t enzyme, so more drug retention would give the enzymes more time to work on it so to say.
Interesting. I'm not overly familiar with the materials included in the compound, is it difficult to make?

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. I'm not overly familiar with the materials included in the compound, is it difficult to make?
Doesn’t seem hard to make. You do need a homogenizer high speed (10-15k rpm, about 200£). And maybe a small rotary evaporator (maybe 200£).

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn’t seem hard to make. You do need a homogenizer high speed (10-15k rpm, about 200£). And maybe a small rotary evaporator (maybe 200£).
Very interesting indeed. I have no problem with finasteride/dutasteride but these types of things are where I start to get interested in some of the fringe treatments for regrowth like @whatevr said. If you could target only the follicles you can basically cure hairloss with what we already have available.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We all dream of a new revolutionizing active ingredient, a new drug that could treat our hair loss with no side effects. Especially sexual side effects. Well sometimes we have to look at a problem from another perspective to find new solutions.

We have very effective drugs like Finasteride and Dutasteride. However a portion of hair loss sufferers have debilitating side effects from these. So we have to find a better solution. The natural method to improve upon existing drugs is the delivery method, or vehicle.

I recently stumbled on a vehicle developed by the company iDelivery, for use in topical hair loss products. The stats were absolutely insane:

• 2.5 % iDelivery Minoxidil signficantly outcompeted 5 % Minoxidil in mice

• 74 (!) % of the drug was still in the follicle, compared to 18 % with another nanovehicle, and 1 % for the free drug.

• 86 % less side effects, due to the vehicle penetrating through the follicular openings and not skin. Thus only approx 10 % of the iDelivery goes systemic, compared to alcoholic vehicles. This is because follicular openings are only a maximum of 10 % of the scalp area.

• Theoretically one can use 50 % less drug, due to the amplification of compound delivery to the follicular site (up to two times theoretical increase)

What is iDelivery’s vehicle?

-a diluted solution of a monoglyceride (stearic acid, unsaturated fats such as oleic and isostearic acid, or mixtures of these)

-dimyristoyl phosphatidylglycerol 1 mg/5 ml in chloroform/ethanol (ratio 1:9)

-90 mg/5 ml of Monomuls

-50 mg of Symperonic/5 ml

-Water (added dropwise under stirring)

Chloroform is evaporated and can be switched out with dichloromethane.

Thoughts?

please cure us brah i'm tired... i'll build a shrine with your avatar pic next to the one i already have of nicolas cage Norwood 4