Iamme_'s Story - (22)

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Congrats, from the last pics it looks like you got very thick hair and aren't losing any. I have to say though that even in your earlier pics I don't think you were losing much but that may be due to the quality of the pics?!

Anyway congratulations, been following your story with interest, with your regimen from hell :punk:

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score
WillNotLetItHappen said:
Congrats, from the last pics it looks like you got very thick hair and aren't losing any. I have to say though that even in your earlier pics I don't think you were losing much but that may be due to the quality of the pics?!

Anyway congratulations, been following your story with interest, with your regimen from hell :punk:

Thanks mate, it seems hairs just keep getting better. I will post more pics on new year.

israelite said:
your hairline has improved greatly. your liver must be screamin

About liver must be screaming, I don't think so. I do take liver health supplements for live detoxification on regular basis...

MadMartigan

Reaction score
Congratulations!
You surely have succeeded, looks really nice!

A question:
You wrote that you had no side effects:

I'm on topical spironolactone (s5 creme) and minoxidil and finasteride 1 mg ED.

I feel that I'm weaker than before during physical exercise (strength training). Are you into that?
and if so, have you experienced something similar?

I consider this loss of strength to be a side effect, but if you are not used to push yourself in sports maybe you don't even discover (or suffer from) it.

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score
I do muay thai on regular basis, and to be honest I am some what even more pumped up than ever. It could be from the fact that I am not depressed anymore from hairloss and I don't have that in my mind.
After starting that regimen and stopping hairloss, I am somewhat catching things even better, doing better in uni, in sports and so on..

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score
now if i tell someone that i was fighting with aggressive hairloss just few months ago, they wont even believe that..

Joe-1991

Established Member
Reaction score
This doctor was not 'retarded'. He probably warned you about side effects because you are effectively using enough strong MEDS to go transgender.

iamme_ said:
So I went to a Dr to get a prescription and even brought avodart's empty packet to show him that I been using those pills and I am not getting those scary sides.
When I showed him... he started singing that old song that side effects are scary and I shouldn't be using those pills. He even says that those things won't help curing the hairloss since its hereditary. I nearly begged him to prescribe me either finasteride or dutasteride but the retarded guy simply refused....
Now I got an appointment with a derm on 16 aug....

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair is cool bro, no doubt about it. I'm just worried about the potential sides you might get in the long term. You should at least consider dropping the medication at any time. Untill then, hope your succes will last long.

Highgarden

Reaction score
Well, even if your hairline still isn't totally perfect I assume that even those without male pattern baldness are jealous of that hair. I would be totally surprised and disappointed if that ultimate regimen failed to maintain hair for at least 10 years.

Have you noticed any effects on facial/body hair?

Congratulations and good luck! :)

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score
Joe-1991 said:
This doctor was not 'retarded'. He probably warned you about side effects because you are effectively using enough strong MEDS to go transgender.

I think you misread it.. I said I went to that doctor for getting finasteride or dutasteride prescription.. and instead of sending me to derm or being any help, he just kept saying that those finasteride and dutasteride wont stop ur hairloss, its genetic and so on.....

Highgarden said:
Well, even if your hairline still isn't totally perfect I assume that even those without male pattern baldness are jealous of that hair. I would be totally surprised and disappointed if that ultimate regimen failed to maintain hair for at least 10 years.

Have you noticed any effects on facial/body hair?

Congratulations and good luck! :)

I think there would be some permanent cure out in 5-10 years so I don't have to worry about that regimen for such a long time..
Yes, facial and body hairs grow slowly..
To be honest, I haven't got any sexual side effects... np gynp, my rocket still goes sky high whenever i see a hot chick, no brain fog...

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, still alive and on same regimen. Just having some small shed that I am sure is Telogen Effluvium due to insomnia, stress and prescription pills for insomnia. Didn't get much regrowth as I quit minoxidil in november lol and I think I was only using it once a week or so, therefore I think that small shed could also be from quitting minoxidil, but I have picked it up again and only losing like 15-20 hairs nowadays that I am sure would decrease to 1-5 when my sleeping problem is done.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Don't worry about "shedding" (I'm not even sure it's real in HairLossTalk.com terms).

My hair seems to get thicker by the month, yet every where I go I leave a trail a long blonde hair behind me. Seriously, I'll never get lost in a cave, I'll just retrace my steps by following the trail of hair. The interior of my car looks like a shaggy Labrador lives there.

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score
btw geminix, do you see your T levels get sudden spike time to time despite being on the same regimen?

GeminiX

Reaction score
iamme_ said:
btw geminix, do you see your T levels get sudden spike time to time despite being on the same regimen?

No, but they remain too high. I've thought about increasing the dosage of Androcur, but as things are working out pretty well I'm reluctant.

While I'm not afraid to take meds, it seems to be common sense to minimum I need to get the results I want.

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score
what dosage of androcur u take?
btw i dont know whats happening, it's either Telogen Effluvium or T/DHT spiking up? and despite being the early success i think my hairs are thinning now..

GeminiX

Reaction score
I take 100mg daily, 50g in the morning, and another in the evening.

Try not to fret too much about your hair, every six months or so I feel like I'm going backwards and losing again, but when I look at year-on-year photos it's just getting thicker. I *might* be experiencing some kind of seasonal shed, or I might simply be imagining it.

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score
I am almost certain that it's Telogen Effluvium due to stress and insomnia because I am shedding side and back hairs too.. Damn, I gotta get those things under control.