Iamme_'s Story - (22)

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
My name is john and I am 22 years old. I had very thick and nice hairs from the beginning and around 2004 I grew my hairs to leonardo dicaprio's titanic style. I kept that style because my looks are kinda similar to him and long hairs look good on me.
After my 19th birthday I started to see hairs in my comb and I noticed that I was shedding. I did not really care about that because I still had thick long hairs. Things started to get worse and I started to shed like 40 hairs a day or so. I was so scared around that time. Stress was just all over me and I stopped most of my outdoor activities. When I was 21 I was Norwood 1.5 or so. I started thinking about hair transplant. I became so serious about that I started to save money. I still did not take any medication or anything that time.
Recently, I started to look over internet for other solution and I found out how wrong I was about hair transplant at my age when my hairloss is not stable. After reading some of the sucess stories and seeing such amazing results, I am now thrilled and excited to try my hope with propecia and rogaine.
Two days ago I ordered 5% finasteride and rogaine foam. I hope to get that in a week or so. Rite now my hairloss is like NW2. Even though it isnt much visible because of my long hairs but I am worried because my hairs now are thinning very fast. I still see those very tiny fine hairs on my receeding hairline and that gives me hope that my hair follicles arent dead yet and with proper medication it can be cured and I can get my hairs back. I will follow the three p's as if my lifes on stack.
So far I ordered only rogaine and finasteride. Is there anything else I should add in to my regime?
Thanks for reading.

Vanzzzz

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: My sad story

Is 40 hair a day kinda bad? I dunno but I read that normally people drop about 50 to 100 strands of hair. Personally I usually drop like 30+ strands every time I wash my hair.

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score

It is bad when you are having no new hair growths and hair start to thin like crazy. Also my hairline is so damn pathetic compared to 3 years ago. I wish I started this regime alot earlier. But I think it's better to be late than never.

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score

I just got this 2% Rogaine liquid. I put it on my temples and on crown. There was no itching or anything at all. I wonder how people suffered itching from rogaine. Or maybe I am using 2%?
I will add pics asap.

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score
Update:
Been 5 months and I don't know what is happening, From last month I have been losing hairs or shedding and it was kind of more this month. even the hairs on my sides are falling.
I am not sure if it's the shedding or the medicines stopped working? For the first 3-4 months I had less sex drive and other side effects from proscar, but recently all the sides are gone. I am seriously in shock because the medicine worked amazingly for first 3-4 months and my hair loss nearly stopped complelety.
I still not sure if its the shedding or real hair loss.

cuebald

Reaction score
you got any pics?
usually you shed slightly more on finasteride (well, at least I did) but it stabilises after a month.
What dose of finasteride are you taking daily?

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score
Update:
Shedding continues it is not mainly on vertex and hairline area.
My crown is really thick now and I am not losing any hair from there at all. But vertex and hairline is the problem.

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score
I am doomed. Massive shedding, losing like 100 hairs every day. I don't know what to do. Rite now I am questioning my current batch of proscar. I used the first batch for first 3-4 months and my hairs were amazing and barely had any hairloss but being on this 2nd batch for past 2 months is only making my hairs worse. Can the proscar I am currently using be fake?

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score
This is how my proscar pills look like.

Attachments

• IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_0319.jpg
    IMG_0319.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 363

GeminiX

Reaction score
Hi Iamme,

Based only on that last photo, it's difficult to see any evidence of balding.

Can you post clearer images, in focus, and with views of your hairline and top of the head please?

One more thing, try not to obsess too much about it (easier said than done, I know). Hair loss can drive you crazy and you'll end up checking your hair every time you pass a mirror and convincing yourself it's all falling out.

cuebald

Reaction score
I have the exact same Proscars, even down to the Thai on the packaging, and they seem to work alright for me (only sides I got were watery semen and increased sex drive that lasted about 2 weeks)

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score
I am extremely scared now, I am shedding like crazy lately. Also the hairs that are shedding have a tiny hair bulb. Is it a sign of simple shedding or my hair loss increasing? Please reply, I really want to know.

cuebald

Reaction score
I shedded for about a month and a half on finasteride which then went back to normal after that time.

I do have to agree with Gemini X though as it doesn't look like you have male pattern baldness?

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score
I have lost more than 40% of my hairs in last 3 months and it just keep increasing. Right now I am loosing nearly 100 hairs every day. I am going to give up.

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my left temple, took few days ago, had more pics including full hairline and right temples one but i lost them while synching.

Right now I am taking 0.5mg Avodart every day and the so called shedding has seemed to be slowing down. I take it that proscar simply stopped working and I hope avodart will stop the shedding completely and regrow some.

Attachments

• left temple.JPG
    left temple.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 486