I will be taking the Revivogen "New Formula" Challenge!

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
Its been exactly 2 months and 3 days since I have been on Revivogen so I thought I'd checkin and give a quick update.

I have definitely noticed less shedding over the months. As I said before, I still do get the odd "major" shed that lasts a couple of days. Normally, whenever I used to rub my scalp whether it was to...
> Massage Revita.COR conditioner
> Daily minoxidil application
> Dry or comb
...I noticed a lot of shed hairs. Nowadays I only noticed around 10-20 hairs which is an improvement prior to Revivogen. The only way I can compare this is that after I washed my hair, I rub my scalp over the sink to see number of hairs that fall out.

Generally, my hair and scalp feel a lot healthier and dare I say it a little thicker. Of course, there is always room for improvement.

In addition, I am disappointed to say that my 3 month supply of Revivogen will only last me around 2.5 month mark. I try to be careful applying the solution to my scalp but I just can't stick to the 2ml application.

I won't upload anymore pictures since I don't think there's any point at the moment. I will post some after the 3 month mark.

Ok maybe that wasn't a quick update. :woot:

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
I have only been using 1mL per night but have also noticed less shedding. Still too early for pictures though.

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello.

Been on Revivogen a little over 3 months and still I still look forward to my nightly applications! :woot:

The biggest difference I found to date is the shedding. I know I have said in my previous posts that my shedding was reduced. But for me its got better and better every month. I can tug my hair, mess it up and hardly any hair comes out.

Previously, when drying my hair after having a shower I was surrounded by many of my fallen comrades. But now my hair tight than ever.

What I ask myself everyday when I use Revivogen is: "Why didn't I start this earlier?". At the moment my hair is still diffuse and now getting a bit more lustre. But if i just started Revivogen when I first noticed my hair loss I don't think I would be in a bad state as I am in now. *sigh*

All I can say from personal experience is that Revivogen > spironolactone. I use to use Revivogen and got greedy and decided to change my regime. Hopped onto spironolactone and lost ground.

I will post photo's. Been a little busy at the moment. Decided to write a quick update.

I hope all is well with you guys (especially Boomer01 and Rocky V). :)

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
To the guys that say Propecia is more effective than Revivogen.....you guys are wrong. There was a study done that showed Revivogen inhibited more DHT than propecia does and to top it off your applying it directly to the source where the DHT attacking the follicles are produced unlike propecia. Revivogen was shown to inhibit 90% as opposed to propecia which was only shown to inhibit 67%.

You can save about 10$ off market price by purchasing Revivogen here:
Revivogen Scalp Therapy

or start off with a 2 month supply here:
Revivogen Pro 2 Month Supply

[video=youtube;K0pCViW7fnU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0pCViW7fnU[/video]

Jacob

Reaction score
:shakehead:

:shock:

:dunno:

Edit:..On Ripple's post...do they even have THAT info on their website anymore? I came across an old thread that had links to this "Revivogen vs Propecia"..both Revivogen.com links...both dead. One poster commented that the study was only in vitro.

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:

Edit:..On Ripple's post...do they even have THAT info on their website anymore? I came across an old thread that had links to this "Revivogen vs Propecia"..both Revivogen.com links...both dead. One poster commented that the study was only in vitro.

Yes the study was in vitro, I don't know how they usually do this kind of testing but they didn't use a test tube, they tried to recreate the conditions in the scalp using some weird meshy thing and then measured it.

Jacob

Reaction score
sir chugalot said:
Jacob said:

Yes the study was in vitro, I don't know how they usually do this kind of testing but they didn't use a test tube, they tried to recreate the conditions in the scalp using some weird meshy thing and then measured it.

I guess it sounds better on video.

Actually I'm wondering if he/they freaked out over Dr. Lee's supposed run-in with the FDA. Strange why all these things have been taken off their website. It seems things like the liposomal delivery system were made up...but.......

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
Just gone past the 4 month mark on Revivogen and over the last few weeks I have been experiencing a hell of a lot more shedding than normal. Eek! I think I am probably shedding anything between 20-40 hairs during washing my hair.

I don't think I have lost any volume or texture in my hair but I am just a little concerned especially since my shedding had more or less decreased. I am hoping this will pass.

Revivogen hasn't scared me off (just yet) and will continue my daily applications. I would be stupid not to continue since I've got like 4 boxes! :whistle:

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
To the guys that say Propecia is more effective than Revivogen.....you guys are wrong. There was a study done that showed Revivogen inhibited more DHT than propecia does and to top it off your applying it directly to the source where the DHT attacking the follicles are produced unlike propecia. Revivogen was shown to inhibit 90% as opposed to propecia which was only shown to inhibit 67%.

Cool story bro.

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
I am not noticing that much of a reduction in hair loss either. Not sure what to think yet. It's been 3 months.

Rocky V

Established Member
Reaction score
Boomer01 said:
I am not noticing that much of a reduction in hair loss either. Not sure what to think yet. It's been 3 months.

bro have you noticed your hair getting thicker even as your hair sheds?

I've talked to dr. khadavi from revivogen and he said that you'll see optimal results within six months but you should notice hair getting thicker around 3 or 4 months even with continued shedding

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
It does seem like the hairs I am shedding are thick, full hairs. I guess maybe that is a good sign. I still have another 3 month supply so I guess we'll see what happens.

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
The problem I am thinking about is if I use Revivogen at night, I am not getting enought minoxidil. I apply around 0.5mL-0.75mL of minoxidil in the mornings before work. Too much more would make my hair a mess. I think a problem could be that I'm not getting enough minoxidil to work. I'm thinking about either putting on 1mL of minoxidil after work or alternating minoxidil and Revivogen every other night. Thoughts?

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can apply minoxidil every 8hours, so if you're really organised you should be able to fit in a second minoxidil application a few hours before you add Revivogen in the evening. 50% of the minoxidil absorbs within 4hours.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hairhoper said:
Cool story bro.
Glad you liked it bro. :bravo:

Jacob said:

I'm able to still pull it up on various websites. I don't ever recall it being on their website. The first time I ever saw that study it was posted on HairLossTalk.com forums.

Jacob said:
I guess it sounds better on video.

Actually I'm wondering if he/they freaked out over Dr. Lee's supposed run-in with the FDA. Strange why all these things have been taken off their website. It seems things like the liposomal delivery system were made up...but.......
Wondering and knowing are 2 different things. The liposomal delivery system is not made up. What even brings that up? You can clearly see that technology in the actual formula just by shaking it and watching it settle.

Jacob

Reaction score
So they didn't have their own study on their own website? :dunno:

What brings up the liposomal issue is 1) None of the ingredients look to be anything that could be considered something used to make liposomes/encapsulate with. 2) Revivogen taking that information off their website. Again, you can see cached pages where they used to have such info on their website...with words/text.

Shaking a bottle up and watching things settle to tell what tech is used? I'd be more convinced if things DIDN'T settle...or if you'd have said you can tell by how well it absorbs. Neither of those would tell you for sure either..but :shock:

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
As I stated above, I have finished 3 months of Revivogen but am still losing a similar amount of hair as I was before using it. There have been times when I would only lose a couple in the shower but mostly it's around 15-20. I have gotten some positive feedback from people but from the pictures it seems as though my hair is thinning more. What do you think?

When I started Revivogen:
51111startedrevivogen.jpg

After 1 month:
61111.jpg

After 2 months:
71111.jpg

After 3 months:
81111b.jpg

Before I saw some regrowth using Dr. Lees #500 minoxidil in the morning and the minoxidil 6% Plus in the evenings. Currently I apply minoxidil in the mornings and 1mL-1.5mL of Revivogen at night. I am thinking about stopping Revivogen in the evenings and using a 15% minoxidil with DHT inhibitors like DualGen-15. Thoughts?

(By the way, I am not saying that Revivogen doesn't work. There are many people on here that have seen decreases in hair loss. It just doesn't seem to be working for me. They seem like a great company with excellent customer service.)