I will be taking the Revivogen "New Formula" Challenge!

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
Having used Revivogen a few years ago and got some success in form of maintenance. I decided to quit after using it for around 2 years if I can remember correctly. Looking back on this I believe I should have continued using it. But I believe I prematurely hopped onto the minoxidil bandwagon.

I am a diffuse thinner and hoping to be a good responder.

After reading some forum posts about the "New Formula", I decided to order a batch of Revivogen today which I should get tomorrow.

When I get my Revivogen delivered, I plan on re-jigging my hair programme to the following:

Morning:
> minoxidil
> Dr. Lee's Regrowth Shampoo EOD
> Revita.Cor EOD
> MSM 5000mg
> Vitamin D3 10000mg

Evenings:
> Revivogen
> Folligen Spray (when it gets delivered)

I have kept my hair regime to a minimum to judge how well Revivogen performs. Since there has not been any fully documented progress on anyone using Revivogen I plan on taking pictures of my progress.

Please view my profile to see images of my baseline photo's: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/profiles/Th ... albums/408

I will try my best to post photo's every week. If not someone give me a kick!

Wish me luck! :)

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok my first Revivogen application. Its different as night and day compared to the old version. I am really surprised its not greasy as all and the colour has changed from red to yellow.

I noticed that my scalp felt a but warm and minty after applying it.

First impressions. Its feels better than the previous version.

Obsidian

Reaction score
When did you notice results on Rev and by maintenance do you mean no better but not worst?

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
When I first started Revivogen, I did notice more shedding over the first month. But that reduced throughout my time using it and after the 6-7 month mark my hair did feel a lot more healthier and thicker.

I still got some shedding every so often throughout my time on Revivogen.

I don't think I regrew any more hair but my exisiting hair just felt really good.

I think I just got greedy and thought going onto minoxidil + spironolactone combo was a better solution.

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
Second Revivogen application today.

For some reason my scalp feel a little itchy/tingly after applying it. That didn't happen when using the old solution. Oh well, I quite like the sensation. lol!

I may buy a scalp roller to increase absorption. I am trying not to over massage my head after applying the solution to ensure as much absorption as possible.

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
Recieved my Nanogen Scalp roller today. I used the scalp roller prior to my Revivogen application and boy it stung a bit!

I am using the scalp roller mostly around my hair line since I am finding it quite hard to roll it all over my scalp due to my hair length. Hopefully this will allow better absorption.

I am applying around 1.5ml of Revivogen. I am still not accustomed to the new solution due to the fact I don't have residue on my scalp after application. So I think I am probably applying more than I should.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Can I ask how long your hair is?

Mine is medium length and after using revivigen for the 1st time today I have to say I think it makes hair incredibly greasy... In fact I'd say it makes it disgusting.

Mine is yellow liquid with 2013 expiry so pretty sure it's the new formula

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
The new formula has caffeine listed as an ingredient, if that helps, I've got my hair 'buzzed' to a six and don't find it greasy but possibly because i have fine dryish hair anyway.

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
ajax said:
Can I ask how long your hair is?

Mine is medium length and after using revivigen for the 1st time today I have to say I think it makes hair incredibly greasy... In fact I'd say it makes it disgusting.

My hair is probably arountd 2-3 inches long. I try and make sure I get Revivogen applied directly to my scalp. I still find I do get some of the solution on my hair. But I tend to just rub the solution onto my scalp so I don't waste any.

To be honest, I don't mind the greasiness. Its alot less greasy and absorbs better than the previous version on Revivogen. Only a little residue is left.

ajax said:
Mine is yellow liquid with 2013 expiry so pretty sure it's the new formula

Yeah its the same as mine.

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
sir chugalot said:
The new formula has caffeine listed as an ingredient, if that helps, I've got my hair 'buzzed' to a six and don't find it greasy but possibly because i have fine dryish hair anyway.

sir chugalot, since you been using the new version on Revivogen for longer than I have. What has your experience been? Have you experienced less shedding? How long do you massage the solution into your scalp?

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using it about three weeks in ernest, so can't really comment too much, I'll reserve judgement until around the three month mark, I wouldn't say I've noticed a shed, but i never did with finasteride either.

I find it very easy to apply, and am using just 1ml a day, along with some topical spironolactone.

My hairloss seems to be at a glacial pace, so I'm really just looking out for maintenance, although it would be nice if my crown got a little thicker.

fairhaired

Reaction score
How successful has Revivogen been? I am just wondering why it hasn't been officially acknowledged like finasteride and minoxidil. Is it a good alternative to finasteride?

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
fairhaired said:
How successful has Revivogen been?
I don't really know how successful Revivogen has been. My friends who used it have maintained the hair they have and hair quality got better. Oddly, I haven't seen anyone using Revivogen on a long term basis. I could be wrong. All I know is that when I used Revivogen previously I stopped it too prematurely.

fairhaired said:
I am just wondering why it hasn't been officially acknowledged like finasteride and minoxidil.
All down to money I guess.

fairhaired said:
Is it a good alternative to finasteride?
I am new to this forum and I think someone else can answer this question better. :whistle:

I have high hopes that it will prove to be a good alternative. Based on the ingredients that are used in Revivogen it looks promising in reducing DHT. If you can take finasteride and get no sides, go ahead and do it.

Rocky V

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using revivogen for about one and half months. I havent noticed any improvements as of yet.

fairhaired

Reaction score
TheShopKeeper said:
fairhaired said:
How successful has Revivogen been?
I don't really know how successful Revivogen has been. My friends who used it have maintained the hair they have and hair quality got better. Oddly, I haven't seen anyone using Revivogen on a long term basis. I could be wrong. All I know is that when I used Revivogen previously I stopped it too prematurely.

fairhaired said:
I am just wondering why it hasn't been officially acknowledged like finasteride and minoxidil.
All down to money I guess.

fairhaired said:
Is it a good alternative to finasteride?
I am new to this forum and I think someone else can answer this question better. :whistle:

I have high hopes that it will prove to be a good alternative. Based on the ingredients that are used in Revivogen it looks promising in reducing DHT. If you can take finasteride and get no sides, go ahead and do it.

Thanks for that. All I want to do really, is maintain. I have been using spironolactone cream and Nizoral, and will probably add Revivogen to this. Finasteride doesn't agree with me. Does anyone have any other suggestions for anything I could add to my regimen? Any ideas would be welcome, thanks again.

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
@fairhaired

I think you should just give Revivogen a try for 3 months and see if it makes a difference. If you don't feel any effects they have a money back guarantee for the first 3 months. This is what I plan to do. Even though Revivogen say use it for 6 months and judge results...but at least you will know at this time if you recieved any benefits.

I've been using the scalp roller prior to my Revivogen application and it feels a lot better. My scalp feels like its had a niacin head rush. Was a bit painful when I first used the scalp roller. Hoping for better absorption.

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
FinsFan139 said:
What are the odds that Folica is selling the new version?

http://www.folica.com/hair-loss/hair-gr ... -hair-loss

You can get $25 off with free shipping by using coupon code APRIL25, making it $74 for a 3 month supply.

Apparently, Revivogen have been been distributing the new version since last October. This is what I was told from the the online store in the UK where I purchased my Revivogen.

You will definitely know if it is the new version if the bottle has a 2013 expiry. I would email Folica to double check.