I will be taking the Revivogen "New Formula" Challenge!

fairhaired

Reaction score
TheShopKeeper said:
@fairhaired

I think you should just give Revivogen a try for 3 months and see if it makes a difference. If you don't feel any effects they have a money back guarantee for the first 3 months. This is what I plan to do. Even though Revivogen say use it for 6 months and judge results...but at least you will know at this time if you recieved any benefits.

I've been using the scalp roller prior to my Revivogen application and it feels a lot better. My scalp feels like its had a niacin head rush. Was a bit painful when I first used the scalp roller. Hoping for better absorption.

Yeah, I think I will, thanks.

FinsFan139

Reaction score
TheShopKeeper said:
You will definitely know if it is the new version if the bottle has a 2013 expiry. I would email Folica to double check.

Scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
I used Revivogen for about 18 months. My results from it were

Pros
- Once a day, 3 hours only
- No side effects

Cons
- Need to wear at home, not for our doors
- Continued to shed, not sure it did much
- Doesn't smell good, but doesn't smell awful either

That's about it. I wouldn't recommend Revivogen.

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
TheShopKeeper said:
> Dr. Lee's Regrowth Shampoo EOD
)

thats going to be a problem.

Yeah thats true Cassin. I have 3 bottles that should last me a while. I think that Shampoo is awesome. Better than normal Nizorol. Its a shame that Dr. Lee's website shutdown he has the best minoxidil solution as well. :-(

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
FinsFan139 said:
TheShopKeeper said:
You will definitely know if it is the new version if the bottle has a 2013 expiry. I would email Folica to double check.

Scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.

Good luck FinsFan139! :)

I am so far on Revivogen for two weeks tomorrow. I did notice a little more shedding than usual but this seems to have calmed down now.

FinsFan139

Reaction score
Expiration date of 2013 on the bottles. :woot:

I'll post updates here as well. I'm going to start using it tonight.

Rocky V

Established Member
Reaction score
so its been two months on revivogen and I have noticed some decrease in shedding. not too much of a decrease, but a noticeable amount.

FinsFan139

Reaction score
Noticed the tingling sensation when I applied it to my temples tonight. I like the fact that it's not greasy at all.

How many sprays are you guys using? 12-15 sprays is what I've been doing.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Can the new Revivogen be used with Minoxidil? The old could not and specifically said you should not on the bottle. If the new formula won't allow you either, I see no purpose of using this over any form of Minoxidil especially considering Revivogen has barely any successful stories.

FinsFan139 said:
Noticed the tingling sensation when I applied it to my temples tonight. I like the fact that it's not greasy at all.

Just because it's tingling doesn't mean it's helping. Usually when it is tingling, it's because you're having an allergic reaction with the skin which isn't a good thing.

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
Rocky V said:
so its been two months on revivogen and I have noticed some decrease in shedding. not too much of a decrease, but a noticeable amount.

Thats sounds promising. I have been experiencing some shedding now and then since starting Revivogen. I think the Revivogen site states that you may experience some shedding in the first few weeks. But my hair just seems to be feeling more healthier.

FinsFan139 said:

Sprays? Are you using some spray attachment FinsFan139? I am just using the dropper. I apply around 1-1.5ml every night. Plus a little extra around my hairline.

smitysmity said:
Can the new Revivogen be used with Minoxidil? The old could not and specifically said you should not on the bottle...

I never heard or seen this been stated. I used the old Revivogen with Minoxidil without any issues. You just should allow 3 hours waiting time between applying another solution. At the moment, I using minoxidil in the morning and Revivogen in the evening.

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
smitysmity said:
Can the new Revivogen be used with Minoxidil? The old could not and specifically said you should not on the bottle. If the new formula won't allow you either, I see no purpose of using this over any form of Minoxidil especially considering Revivogen has barely any successful stories.

FinsFan139 said:

Just because it's tingling doesn't mean it's helping. Usually when it is tingling, it's because you're having an allergic reaction with the skin which isn't a good thing.

A little bit of irritation has been reported as a side effect of revivogen, however i think the tingling sensation he's referring to is probably caused by niacin, opening up blood vessels.

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok. Since I have been on Revivogen for just over two weeks, should I post a few more pictures to document the state of my hair so far? Or do you think this is too soon and should wait around the one month mark?

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
Do it.

Do you feel like it is helping? I am thinking about adding this to my regimen since Dr. Lee's went out of business. I would use minoxidil 5% during the morning and Revivogen during the evening.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
TheShopKeeper said:
I never heard or seen this been stated. I used the old Revivogen with Minoxidil without any issues. You just should allow 3 hours waiting time between applying another solution. At the moment, I using minoxidil in the morning and Revivogen in the evening.

If you are required to wash off Minoxidil before putting Revivogen on, then Revivogen is useless and far less superior over Minoxidil especially considering Revivogen costs more. If you can put the solution on while Minoxidil is there, then it is a solution (similar to S.O.D Spray).

FinsFan139

Reaction score
TheShopKeeper said:
Sprays? Are you using some spray attachment FinsFan139? I am just using the dropper. I apply around 1-1.5ml every night. Plus a little extra around my hairline.

Mine came with a spray nozzle instead of a dropper, similar to Spectral.RS.

n_spectral_RS_thinning_hair_treatment_5485.jpg

I figured that this was another change with the new version.

Rocky V

Established Member
Reaction score
shopkeeper, i too noticed a shed in the beginning but I don't know if it was from revivogen or from rogaine foam.

it seems to have slowed down and my hair feels healthier, but it's still not where I want it to be in terms of decrease in shedding.

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
smitysmity said:
If you are required to wash off Minoxidil before putting Revivogen on, then Revivogen is useless and far less superior over Minoxidil especially considering Revivogen costs more. If you can put the solution on while Minoxidil is there, then it is a solution (similar to S.O.D Spray).

I don't wash my hair before applying Revivogen. As long as my hair and scalp is dry its fine. I use minoxidil in the morning and Rev in the evening. I don't see the point you are trying to make. Anyhoo...

FinsFan139 said:
Mine came with a spray nozzle instead of a dropper, similar to Spectral.RS.

n_spectral_RS_thinning_hair_treatment_5485.jpg

I figured that this was another change with the new version.

Huh? Mine just came with a standard dropper. I guess you got the special treatment. lol!

Boomer01 said:
Do it.

Do you feel like it is helping? I am thinking about adding this to my regimen since Dr. Lee's went out of business. I would use minoxidil 5% during the morning and Revivogen during the evening.

Well it is early days yet so I am keeping my expectations neutral. But my hair just feels less fly-away when styling in the morning. So thats a plus. If my hair just maintains what I got with a little thickness, I will be a happy man.

I have taken some pictures (including wet) this morning to show what my current situation is. I shall post these either later on today or tomorrow.

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
The more photographs the community gets for documentation, if you don't mind me asking are there baseline photographs?