I think the key to success for some of us is NOFAP

FormerFro

Reaction score
I don't see how we can simply pass this off as some arbitrary theory that a bunch of us like to preach because it just seems like an easy target. It is shown that enzyme 5α-reductase synthesizes DHT in the prostate, testes, hair follicles, and adrenal glands. Our sexual behaviour stimulates the prostate and testes, producing more DHT in the prostate. It's why enlarged prostate medication works so well on hair loss. It most certainly has an effect on our DHT levels when we engage in any sort of sexual behaviour. However, the effect on our hair ranges from 0 sensitivity to a drastic effect every time we do it.

Do not discredit this theory just because you think a bunch of quacks are crediting this to human vice, taboo, or punishment from "god" or what have you. I am merely basing this off of experience, and experimentation. I have no idea how the science behind it works. What I do know is that the longer I resist the urge to FAP, the more lush and luxurious my hair becomes, there is no other correlation that I can make. Do what you must, but I am more committed to conquering this now than ever, and will test if regrowth is possible by resisting the urge indefinitely.

This **** ain't easy, but if you want your hair back, don't you think it's worth battling your hormones to see if they've been amplifying your misery my follically challenged friends?

PlzSaveMyHair

Reaction score
I remember back in 2009, someone made up a theory explaining how male pattern baldness was caused by plastic bottles, and if we all stop drinking bottled water, we would grow our hair back. You know, because everyone drinks bottled water, it's bad, so if you stop = magic reward.

why do u think in the bodybuilding community they sale if u take a PH that raises DHT u risk hair loss, if something affects DHT in ur body, it can cause hairloss, weather its excesss sexual activity or plastic chemicals its not just genetics they only thing that is genetic is weather ur hair is sensitive to DHT or not, if it yes then the goal is limit DHT

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT cannot form without the presence of testosterone, everyone here knows that. With that said, numerous studies have been published abolishing the stigma between sexual activity and higher level of testosterone secretions. Theoretically, because testosterone is produced by a group of specialized cells within the testes, by not ejaculating one can speculate that testosterone level will rise (which is completely false) and more of it will be converted to DHT. The abundance of DHT will then begin to reek havoc amongst the genetically sensitive hair follicle and miniaturization will be inevitable. If that were the case i'd be bringing extra undies to school everyday, but sadly it's not. In psychology class I learned about Availability Bias', which simply state that we have the tendency to estimate the probably of an event by how easily relevant instances come to mind. Every guy who experiences hair loss probably has been jerking off as well, leading them to the connection that maybe they could somehow be related. It's just simply not true.

drgs

Banned
Reaction score
DHT cannot form without the presence of testosterone, everyone here knows that.

Not what we are discussing. You assume DHT conversion is fixed -- that testosterone, 5AR and DHT are proportional at any time

A person can have same level of T over time, but fluctuating DHT. Two men can have different T levels, but similar DHT. Etc

- - - Updated - - -

DHT cannot form without the presence of testosterone, everyone here knows that. With that said, numerous studies have been published abolishing the stigma between sexual activity and higher level of testosterone secretions. Theoretically, because testosterone is produced by a group of specialized cells within the testes, by not ejaculating one can speculate that testosterone level will rise (which is completely false) and more of it will be converted to DHT. The abundance of DHT will then begin to reek havoc amongst the genetically sensitive hair follicle and miniaturization will be inevitable. If that were the case i'd be bringing extra undies to school everyday, but sadly it's not. In psychology class I learned about Availability Bias', which simply state that we have the tendency to estimate the probably of an event by how easily relevant instances come to mind. Every guy who experiences hair loss probably has been jerking off as well, leading them to the connection that maybe they could somehow be related. It's just simply not true.

By the way, in psychology, what is it called when a person is jerking off 10 times a day, and when confronted with a possible theory that it could explain his hair loss, he flatly refuses it, because he cannot accept the fact that he has been wasting all the past years till now
And then the person actually starts defending his habit etc

FormerFro

Reaction score
All I have is anecdotal evidence. If you're sceptical that's fine, but believe me when I say I'm on to something for MY hairloss.

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
So what if it is just a placebo effect. If these people are doing better/feeling better, why would you want to ruin it for them?

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not what we are discussing. You assume DHT conversion is fixed -- that testosterone, 5AR and DHT are proportional at any time

A person can have same level of T over time, but fluctuating DHT. Two men can have different T levels, but similar DHT. Etc

My post was in reply to PlzSaveMyHair, who posted right above me. I never assumed DHT conversion is fixed, I said that without testosterone, DHT wouldn't exist. With regards to them being proportional there is a lot of evidence that suggests that they are in fact proportional. Give this a read- http://www.bmj.com/content/310/6990/1289
- - - Updated - - -

By the way, in psychology, what is it called when a person is jerking off 10 times a day, and when confronted with a possible theory that it could explain his hair loss, he flatly refuses it, because he cannot accept the fact that he has been wasting all the past years till now
And then the person actually starts defending his habit etc
With regards to jerking off 10 times a day, in psychology we call that a problem. When confronted with a possible theory (that is completely illogical and does not pertain to anything scientific at all) we call that confirmation bias, which simply states that we tend to look for evidence that will confirm what we currently believe rather than looking for evidence that could disconfirm said belief(s)- or delusion; but i'll leave that up for you to decide.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I havent seen any links yet to reliable studies showing any major shifts in androgen levels that is the direct result of jerking off yet. So what is this argument even based off of? The burden of proof is on the guy making these outrageous claims not me to go searching trying to disprove some whacky new theory some guy thinks could happen. We could spend our whole lives trying to argue against made up theories. Prove to us how jerking off can cause male pattern baldness and link the studies supporting your cause or just close the thread. Whats the point
Its like me saying there is a teapot orbiting jupiter because you cant prove there is not so it could be true. Yeah I mean it could but probably not unless you give credibility to the idea there is. What empirical evidence shows jerking off causes male pattern baldness in some way and what mechanism does that happen through?

eix

Reaction score
Dunno about the link between hairloss and masturbation but who knows? Anyone that has been part of the scientific community knows that there are no definite lines made out for you. Science itself exists to seek out the truth but I don't think we're at the level to always use the word science to back up claims as truth. Not tom mention that many popular theory that would've been accepted as fact couple years ago by the general as "truth/fact" have been disproved and many popular theories continue to be looked at, improved, revised, or scrapped. Maybe there are some truth to the correlation people are making but until research shows that it is indeed statistically significant and that the tests show that the theory rejects the null hypothesis, well, it continues to be a myth. But as I've said, who knows? I'm not sure if there actually were research on this subject matter so I can't really state beyond that. Also genetics are still being researched and we have yet to map out everything so again, we can't state anything lols. Don't bash OP

On another note, whether it's a placebo or not I can tell you that "NoFap" has had benefits for me personally. Although, not quite sure if I can state that it has an improvement on my hairloss hahaha. But you guys really should give it a go, why not right?

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I tried going a week without rubbing one out, the homicide rate in my area would escalate significantly..

Malin

Established Member
Reaction score
So what? Are you suggesting no sex? What's the point of having hair and looking good if you can't have sex…

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
I havent seen any links yet to reliable studies showing any major shifts in androgen levels that is the direct result of jerking off yet. So what is this argument even based off of? The burden of proof is on the guy making these outrageous claims not me to go searching trying to disprove some whacky new theory some guy thinks could happen. We could spend our whole lives trying to argue against made up theories. Prove to us how jerking off can cause male pattern baldness and link the studies supporting your cause or just close the thread. Whats the point
Its like me saying there is a teapot orbiting jupiter because you cant prove there is not so it could be true. Yeah I mean it could but probably not unless you give credibility to the idea there is. What empirical evidence shows jerking off causes male pattern baldness in some way and what mechanism does that happen through?
I don't think anyone has done a study on jerking off.

- - - Updated - - -

So what? Are you suggesting no sex? What's the point of having hair and looking good if you can't have sex…

I don't think anyone is suggesting no sex. Just not done in excess. This about real sex. On jerking off, it's a thing that has no sense.

maher

Banned
Reaction score

again:

Masturbation elevates DHT:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...00593-0017.pdf ( table II)

abstract :
Our results strongly support the hypothesis that
dihydrotestosterone is the active hormone for male
sexual function as reflected in the frequency of orgasms.
An increase of dihydrotestosterone by about 2 SD
(1-36 nmol/l) was associated with an increase of the
weekly number of orgasms by at least one
and
conceivably more depending on the extent of biologically
generated variation and consequent misclassifica-
tion. Additionally, within the age range studied, a
difference of three years corresponded to an increase
of the weekly number of orgasms by about two;
this increase is likely to reflect socially conditioned
enhancement of opportunities with increasing age
(possibly including marital status which was not ascer-
tained in this study).
Only orgasms were evaluated in this investigation,
and no attempt was made to ascertain other aspects of
male sexual behaviour.' Previous studies, however,
have found that self reported frequency of orgasms in
men is a highly reliable method for the evaluation of the
effects of androgens on sexual activity
that tends to
remain stable over time.

It shows that only 1 orgasm a week increases DHt by up to 36nmol/l. Normal range for DHT =20-50. So imagine a guy that jerks 10-15x a week /10 years.. DHT chronicly increased...Noooo.. that for sure wouldn't effect your hair....your body either.

If I tried going a week without rubbing one out, the homicide rate in my area would escalate significantly..

Are there any officall statistics to support this?

...says the guy on propecia :woot: I think we already established that body knows the difference between sex and mast.

abcdefg

Reaction score
This theory of yours has no evidence at all though to back it up except your stories. The general idea with science though is that you have some kind of evidence besides say a story for someone to consider it and I dont see that here.
This is not my field, but I dont think your interpreting this right. They are saying different men that had more orgasms had higher amount of DHT compared to the other men, and that higher orgasm frequency is the result of that higher DHT. They are not saying someone's DHT rises according to this number as they have more orgasms like your trying to say. I would say from this study if it were right it only suggests that men who do it a lot more have higher DHT levels in general compared to the other men but this does not show at all that DHT levels actively change by number of orgasms

An increase of dihydrotestosterone by about 2 SD
(1-36 nmol/l) was associated with an increase of the
weekly number of orgasms by at least one

maher

Banned
Reaction score
This theory of yours has no evidence at all though to back it up except your stories. The general idea with science though is that you have some kind of evidence besides say a story for someone to consider it and I dont see that here.
This is not my field, but I dont think your interpreting this right. They are saying different men that had more orgasms had higher amount of DHT compared to the other men, and that higher orgasm frequency is the result of that higher DHT. They are not saying someone's DHT rises according to this number as they have more orgasms like your trying to say. I would say from this study if it were right it only suggests that men who do it a lot more have higher DHT levels in general compared to the other men but this does not show at all that DHT levels actively change by number of orgasms

So.. you are saying that bald people are compulsive masturbators ?! I see.. i could agree with that..

maher

Banned
Reaction score
OK, joking aside. DHT and masturbation are in reciprocal relationship.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah maher, of course, we are bald because we are losers because we are bald because we are losers.

Glad we have sensible members like abcdefg.

Its really great having you here with us..You are huge acquisition to this forum and to the population of young balding men. Your

contributions are indispensable and wise. It is a great loss for immortalhair forum for banning you.

abcdefg

Reaction score
So.. you are saying that bald people are compulsive masturbators ?! I see.. i could agree with that..

Ha, yeah I guess it does kind of say that. With how many threads about masturbating pop up on these forums maybe they are onto something.