I think I've just cured it.

Hoppi

Reaction score
moxsom said:
Hoppi said:
This theory fits at least ME like a glove. You're saying that if I decrease my free testosterone levels, that will have no impact on my hair loss at all?

Could you attempt to prove THAT? :)

Sure it might, I never said anything different. Don't you find it interesting that pseudohermaphrodites have higher levels of T but don't go bald.

Instead of inhibiting your testosterone don't you think it would be easiest to inhibit your DHT, which has a 5 times higher affinity for binding to the AR in your scalp?

Btw, you won't have high insulin levels if you have no insulin resistance. Your body will be able to clear out the sugar loads. I agree that a high sugar diet isn't good for you, but it's relation to hairloss is at best very weak.

I thought that 5ar converted testosterone to DHT actually within the follicles themselves?

and besides by levelling your free T to reasonable extremes, you are automatically controlling your DHT levels to some extent.

And what about insulin and IGF-1 spikes caused by diet and lifestyle? What about the blatant connection between diet and insulin... come on this is silly this isn't science anymore ._.

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
jh said:
Hoppi said:
Ok all you do, is reduce dairy a LOT (these hit your IGF-1 levels, as they are designed to help things grow), reduce meat significantly (increases insulin), reduce sugar (insulin), don't go overboard on carbs or processed foods (insulin and IGF-1), reduce fat (insulin, and it pollutes the body, increases sebum etc), reduce soya (IGF-1), don't go overboard on alcohol too often either! Eat lots of fibre and basically an intelligent vegan diet, or as close as you feel comfortable with (although the closer the better of course!).

Additionally, smoking is not too helpful, so don't overdo that either if possible :)

The stump-tailed macaque eats "natural" diets, little meat and no dairy. I've yet to see one smoke or eat processed food. They go bald. Why?

Follicle sensitivity/too much testosterone/too little natural SHBG/too much natural insulin or IGF-1 production/non-male pattern baldness conditions...

take your pick?

So they go bald, despite doing what you claim will "cure"or "stop" male pattern baldness. Why would people be any different?

Hoppi

Reaction score
Jacob said:
BTW...you're behind the times. It's HMR Lignans that replaced flax seed..but I'm not sure if he/they are even using THAT now: http://www.hmrlignan.com/

lol @ "replaced" flax seed! They're just lignans, it's not a contest! :)

jh said:
So they go bald, despite doing what you claim will "cure"or "stop" male pattern baldness. Why would people be any different?

Yes but that would be in a relatively small number of people, and they wouldn't go bald they would just take mild finasteride or something.

Jacob

Reaction score
Hoppi said:
Jacob said:
BTW...you're behind the times. It's HMR Lignans that replaced flax seed..but I'm not sure if he/they are even using THAT now: http://www.hmrlignan.com/

lol @ "replaced" flax seed! They're just lignans, it's not a contest! :)

.[/quote]

Ah..you tell HIM that. But I really think you should read up on them more before dismissing them..even though, as I said..I'm not sure he/they are even taking them anymore. And don't forget..flax seeds(oil)- not good.

oofah

Reaction score
Fender89, what's your regimen? Like you, I also think weight lifting in HS kickstarted my male pattern baldness.

Do you get any kind of inflammation or itchy scalp? Thanks.

Hoppi

Reaction score
To be honest, it's probably different for lots of different groups of people. I mean what is on the immortalhair website rings eerily true for me, but may not do so for others.

All I am really trying to say is that if you are trying to control male pattern baldness, it might be best to ensure your free testosterone levels aren't making life difficult for your follicles. And insulin, IGF-1 and liver fat production have all been linked to reduced SHBG and increased testosterone.

Additionally, there ARE studies linking male pattern baldness to insulin resistance and insulin levels. In fact, I find it a fairly obvious connection. Just because ONE study doesn't support it, doesn't mean there isn't a connection.

I'm going to keep researching, as I have good reason to believe this is true at least for me.

Let's see if I can regrow the little bits of hair I lost, stop my shedding, and maintain it :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
Hmm I'm really getting stuck in over at Immortalhair! I just really want to work WITH my body here. I believe that I can solve this by listening to my body and... kinda making it happy ^_^ Hormonal balance, exercise, detox... and maybe I'll bung some more mainstream treatments in my regimen as well, such as finasteride/beta-sitosterol, Nizoral and flax seeds (well, maybe those aren't mainstream as such, but I think they work! :) )

I will not rest until my hair is... well... immortal! hehe :)

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Cassin, you were right!!!!!!! A new wave of "you know what" has once again found its way thru the "cracks" of this forum. Oh, the cycle of life............. :whistle: While, one door opens another door closes. Never, a dull moment here................................ :innocent: .

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hoppi, is that you in your avatar with long hair pontificating or is that John the stutterer from Howard Stern's Wack Pack?

Hoppi

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Hoppi, is that you in your avatar with long hair pontificating or is that stuttering John from Howard Stern's Wack Pack?

lol that's actually me at last new year's party with my best friend! I just love that photo!

I was drinking... something... I really can't remember. To be honest I was pretty drunk at that point lol

oofah

Reaction score
Ha, thought he looked familiar! For clarification, not John Menendez but the other stuttering John who stutters like it's going out of style.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Is this Hoppi.......................................................? :whistle:

Attachments

• chzjffaahiwjwaja.jpg
    chzjffaahiwjwaja.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 526

GeminiX

Reaction score
OMG! It is him, it is it is it is it is!!11oneone

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I...I....I... thou... thou...thought....s...s...so!

Boondock

Reaction score
Hoppi, to be perfectly honest with you I think that diet CAN play a role in this - but only a small one. By following your advice, I could probably lower my DHT level somewhat - let's say 10%. That wouldn't stop my follicles being sensitive and falling out, however. It would just give a very, very limited delay.

Also, you have to be the only NW1 in history to be up at 5AM posting about flaxseeds on a hairloss forum.

SmileBam

Reaction score
Boondock said:
Hoppi, to be perfectly honest with you I think that diet CAN play a role in this - but only a small one. By following your advice, I could probably lower my DHT level somewhat - let's say 10%. That wouldn't stop my follicles being sensitive and falling out, however. It would just give a very, very limited delay.

Also, you have to be the only NW1 in history to be up at 5AM posting about flaxseeds on a hairloss forum.
I don't think he is norwood one.He just hide it,i see clear this in the photo.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I'll do anything you say, David Koresh... :shock: