I think I've just cured it.

Hoppi

Reaction score
The cure is in my signature :)

I hope the emerging facts back it up! Thank you misterE and Brian Simonis!

Peace! ^_^

EDIT, I have learnt a lot more now and my new findings and discoveries are all detailed on the page linked to below! I didn't consider things like insulin sensitivity, the thyroid and liver fat production. I also didn't consider the dropping androgen levels in older men or the effects of antioxidants. All this has been taken into account and I am learning more every day! ^_^

Here's the post: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=57754&start=140

Original sig -

"Under 35 and losing hair? Check my regimen! It's probably down to high insulin and testosterone levels, and possibly liver fat production. SHBG is your best friend! :)

Hair loss as guys get older though is often thought to be down to LOW testosterone and high estrogen, and increased DHT. Insulin resistance may again play a role. I am looking into this!"

EDIT again... I believe... I believe I now know why I was losing hair. It's exactly what Brian thought. Hypothyroidism (or rather thyroid hormone resistance). The Barnes test lights me up like a christmas tree for it and my body was practically hypothermic this morning lol

I think I did it to myself with anxiety.. maaaybe processed foods or something who knows. Point is it's easy to treat, and there's a good chance a lot of you dudes should probably check your thyroids too! Time will tell ^_^

Oh, and I probably did it to myself with stress hormones ._. My regimen is designed to reverse the hypothyroid/hair loss/skin changing effects of stress and bad diet on a (particularly a young - under 35) male human body! :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
The only possible exception may be those with very, very sensitive hair follicles. For them I might recommend going on flax seeds / SDG early or even something mild to take the edge off the DHT too, like Ketaconazole (topical), beta-sitosterol or very mild finasteride. Other than that it should work for each and every person :)

n0142248

Reaction score
Mate you are seriously on something!!! I was just scanning through and retiring for the night but thats has just put the biggest smile on my face! :punk:

Hoppi

Reaction score
hmm I'm actually pretty bored now ._. lol

I guess I'd better go and find myself a charity job like I wanted! :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
Fender89 said:
so what do i have to do exactly XD? take flax seeds and that's it?

Keep your insulin and IGF-1 levels low :)

That's it (unless you're very unlucky, and then we'll deal with that if we come to it! :) )

Oh yeah and Flax helps but I doubt it's essential.

Hoppi

Reaction score
The only thing I feel I haven't worked out is how stress ties into the whole thing.

It EITHER increases insulin and/or IGF-1, thereby lowering SHBG, or it somehow influences SHBG or testosterone levels separately. I just don't know.

Growth Hormone, which is released due to stress, does increase IGF-1. However it also increases SHBG. So I really don't know which effect is the greater. Cortisol also may play a part, as transcortin which binds to cortisol (much like SHBG binds to free testosterone and estrogen) could theoretically increase when there is more cortisol in the blood (this is something which would need to be measured, I'll see if I can find some studies online) and this too would then lower SHBG.

I am still looking into the way stress influences all this :)

As it is, those experiencing stress or anxiety would probably benefit more from taking flax seeds or SDG :)

bunchies

Reaction score
Dont most men become a father around the age of 35 ? :woot:
maybe they get stressed out about it and then go bald ? :shock:
I dont know if it's insuline but as far as i know fastfood and stress isnt healthy .

greetz

Hoppi

Reaction score
bunchies said:
Dont most men become a father around the age of 35 ? :woot:
maybe they get stressed out about it and then go bald ? :shock:
I dont know if it's insuline but as far as i know fastfood and stress isnt healthy .

greetz

lol no it's just I think as you get older your hormones change a bit and your follicles might start getting more fragile. Flax seeds will help keep your sex hormone levels balanced. Again, unless you're unlucky and have particularly sensitive follicles, that should be adequate I believe.

Nene

Reaction score
Wow. For thousands of years people have been trying to cure male pattern baldness through intense research, and Hoppi figured it out in a matter of weeks by chatting on a forum.
:smack:

Hoppi

Reaction score
You can believe me or not believe me Nene, but it's still true :)

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You use too many emoticons.

Also, you know nothing about hair loss, which is fitting since you don't have any.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How exactly do you expect the common people [guys like me] to control their SHBG & Insulin levels ? A balanced diet and exercise ? :dunno:

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mpbsux20 said:
How exactly do you expect the common people [guys like me] to control their SHBG & Insulin levels ? A balanced diet and exercise ? :dunno:

Well, until you find a way to control your genetics through a balanced diet and exercise, you shouldn't bother, because you are still going to lose hair.

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
Not just *ANY* exercise will do... it needs to be cardiovascular... AKA Running. Just lifting weights isn't gunna cut it. Cardio helps level insulin.

But if you don't like running... try P90X. Ever since starting it... I've been in much, much better shape. I can't comment about my hair yet, it hasn't been 90 days :p

Hoppi

Reaction score
People can believe me or not, I don't care. I know it's true.

And actually yes I do have male pattern baldness it's just in that pic you can't see it coz my hair is covering it lol - plus it was taken a couple of months ago anyway and it probably was fine then! :)

Ok all you do, is reduce dairy a LOT (these hit your IGF-1 levels, as they are designed to help things grow), reduce meat significantly (increases insulin), reduce sugar (insulin), don't go overboard on carbs or processed foods (insulin and IGF-1), reduce fat (insulin, and it pollutes the body, increases sebum etc), reduce soya (IGF-1), don't go overboard on alcohol too often either! Eat lots of fibre and basically an intelligent vegan diet, or as close as you feel comfortable with (although the closer the better of course!).

Additionally, smoking is not too helpful, so don't overdo that either if possible :)

Do regular exercise, but preferably in short bursts, steer clear of any endurance aerobic exercises like long distance jogging, or anything where you don't get breaks. This will balance your hormones and increase your SHBG.

IGF-1 and insulin both decrease SHBG, and the story goes on from there. By taking finasteride, you are merely hitting the LAST hormone in the chain, not tackling things at their SOURCE.

Yes, some people are more genetically susceptible than others, and that is why for a small pocket of people little fluctuations in their free testosterone will have an effect, so flax seeds help to keep that controlled, it also controls stress-related excess testosterone.

For an even smaller pocket of people their follicles will be too sensitive for even all THIS to help (because potentially even their base, lowest healthy T levels will be too high for the follicles), so they will probably need topical ketaconazole, mild finasteride or beta-sitosterol to just take the edge off the 5ar and protect the follicles further, as lowering testosterone anymore wouldn't be wise.

Anyway yeah as I say, it really is up to you guys if you believe me or not... but it IS correct! :)

http://www.immortalhair.org is a pretty good source of info regarding this, as is misterE! hehe! :)

My opinion doesn't quite match with misterE's or Brian Simonis', but it's fairly close!

This site seems pretty good too, misterE pointed me at it, it's probably got some good dietary pointers and information so I'll check it out more later! http://www.drmcdougall.com/

KANGA said:
Not just *ANY* exercise will do... it needs to be cardiovascular... AKA Running. Just lifting weights isn't gunna cut it. Cardio helps level insulin.

But if you don't like running... try P90X. Ever since starting it... I've been in much, much better shape. I can't comment about my hair yet, it hasn't been 90 days :p

Possibly - I can't pretend to be an expert on exercise techniques :) I do believe however that techniques that involve short bursts of exertion and then resting are better for the body: http://www.immortalhair.org/apps/blog/s ... -aerobics-

So that's something to bear in mind perhaps! :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
Well done Hoppi - You've solved a problem that has effected mankind since the dawn of man in about 2 weeks. Who needs $billions in medical research. :bravo: :notworthy

ADMIN YOU MAY CLOSE THE FORUM NOW !!!!!!! :salut:

Can you try to solve the immortality problem next its pretty difficult might take you until about April I think.

Ps you were on her last night and now its 3.30 am and your still one here WTF!!!

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
People can believe me or not, I don't care. I know it's true.

And actually yes I do have male pattern baldness it's just in that pic you can't see it coz my hair is covering it lol - plus it was taken a couple of months ago anyway and it probably was fine then! :)

Ok all you do, is reduce dairy a LOT (these hit your IGF-1 levels, as they are designed to help things grow), reduce meat significantly (increases insulin), reduce sugar (insulin), don't go overboard on carbs or processed foods (insulin and IGF-1), reduce fat (insulin, and it pollutes the body, increases sebum etc), reduce soya (IGF-1), don't go overboard on alcohol too often either! Eat lots of fibre and basically an intelligent vegan diet, or as close as you feel comfortable with (although the closer the better of course!).

Additionally, smoking is not too helpful, so don't overdo that either if possible :)

Do regular exercise, but preferably in short bursts, steer clear of any endurance aerobic exercises like long distance jogging, or anything where you don't get breaks. This will balance your hormones and increase your SHBG.

IGF-1 and insulin both decrease SHBG, and the story goes on from there. By taking finasteride, you are merely hitting the LAST hormone in the chain, not tackling things at their SOURCE.

Yes, some people are more genetically susceptible than others, and that is why for a small pocket of people little fluctuations in their free testosterone will have an effect, so flax seeds help to keep that controlled, it also controls stress-related excess testosterone.

For an even smaller pocket of people their follicles will be too sensitive for even all THIS to help (because potentially even their base, lowest healthy T levels will be too high for the follicles), so they will probably need topical ketaconazole, mild finasteride or beta-sitosterol to just take the edge off the 5ar and protect the follicles further, as lowering testosterone anymore wouldn't be wise.

Anyway yeah as I say, it really is up to you guys if you believe me or not... but it IS correct! :)

http://www.immortalhair.org is a pretty good source of info regarding this, as is misterE! hehe! :)

My opinion doesn't quite match with misterE's or Brian Simonis', but it's fairly close!

This site seems pretty good too, misterE pointed me at it, it's probably got some good dietary pointers and information so I'll check it out more later! http://www.drmcdougall.com/

KANGA said:

Possibly - I can't pretend to be an expert on exercise techniques :) I do believe however that techniques that involve short bursts of exertion and then resting are better for the body: http://www.immortalhair.org/apps/blog/s ... -aerobics-

So that's something to bear in mind perhaps! :)

Of course that's going to work for you, you don't have hair loss you twat.