I think Gene Editing Therapy (CRISPR) could release a treatment/cure for Male Patterned Balding before Even Tsuji or Stemson and at a far cheaper pric

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe that even characteristics like increasing Height of a fully grown person would eventually be able to be changed using Gene Editing by changing the state of the body to a younger state to enable another growth phase,
Yup I believe it will be possible to trick somatic cells to re enter a development phase, just as we can reprogram differentiated cells to de-differentiate using yamanaka factors today.

Changing nose shape will be tougher because you have to delete the existing nose. Maybe a surgeon can cut off your nose and then you induce development of a new genetically enhanced nose lol. Though this is probably many decades away since we would need to map all the genes involved in such a process.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ppl are getting ahead of themselves messing with genes, particularly CRISPR was shown over and over again to be genotoxic.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup I believe it will be possible to trick somatic cells to re enter a development phase, just as we can reprogram differentiated cells to de-differentiate using yamanaka factors today.

Changing nose shape will be tougher because you have to delete the existing nose. Maybe a surgeon can cut off your nose and then you induce development of a new genetically enhanced nose lol. Though this is probably many decades away since we would need to map all the genes involved in such a process.
Yup

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The whole point of CRISPR is to be genotoxic lol, you're changing the gene sequence.
Jesus. The fact that the word ends with toxic should already make it clear that we are talking about unwanted effects such as genomic instability, cancer etc.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus. The fact that the word ends with toxic should already make it clear that we are talking about unwanted effects such as genomic instability, cancer etc.

Quotes a 3 year old article that was published before even the first US CRISPR trial was started and think's he's debunked the entire field of gene editing. This is what they are monitoring and looking for across the board in trials, and yet every week a new trial starts. You don't think the scientists and trials are aware of these possibilities?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quotes a 3 year old article that was published before even the first US CRISPR trial was started and think's he's debunked the entire field of gene editing. This is what they are monitoring and looking for across the board in trials, and yet every week a new trial starts. You don't think the scientists and trials are aware of these possibilities?
I'm aware of the trials, but the concern have never been cleaned up. Idk what there is to be 'debunked'.

Oh no, it is 3y year old, they probably fixed magically all issues to move into trials ..

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Now I can't see crispr without thinking of crispr wife

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Poor journalism.

If the journalist is going to publish an article could she at least cite current technology? She makes no reference to Cas-13, evolved about a year ago before the time of this article that used the #1 genetic deficiency in the US, hemochromatosis, to be corrected. Yet, no mention regarding the corrective advancements of Cas-13.

The journalist uses keen buzz words such as "unholy" knowing that Christiandom is edged over the entire issue pandering to the panic that it instills in Christians, or at least the ones that self proclaim themselves as Christ-like. I am a beleiver in Yeshua and as I sat a “Creation Club” meeting last week, I raised the issue of CRISPR. Why? Because it places the faithful, which includes me, in a corner, and forces a major issue:

If science is God allowed, as most of us at the Creation Club cleave to our heart and other kinds of meds, then partaking in them to stay alive is valid.
However CRISPR challenges the paradigm by challenging creation with solid evolutionary science. If science is God allowed, and CRISPR is science, then access is not a challenge to ones faith. As applied, CRISPR quickly takes flawed, inherited, DNA and corrects your God given/allowed defects.

This tips the tables. God gives me flaws, man corrects them. Humanism vs Faith. Incidentally, I still love Jesus/Yeshua. However, this article is intentionally skewed.

Even without flaw, if ever achieved, CRISPR will still need to be accompanied by epigenetics, specifically mRNA. mRNA the uptake into the mothership, DNA, is environmentally influenced. In theory even if CRISPR corrected all mutations or flaws, then there would still be the need for eventual “DNA Tune Ups” because of environmental impacts via RNA. The proving grounds rests with mRNA.

Last edited:

jake_b

Established Member
Reaction score
Crispr type treatments are much more risky. dna is literally being edited and we don’t actually have one single smoking gun gene that causes/ doesn’t cause male pattern baldness. It would need to be modifying multiple genes together and with each snip, you introduce risk.

the mRNA is intriguing, but the first there would need to be a protein that can be produced my the cells when they read the mRNA that would be beneficial for male pattern baldness. As far as I know, we haven’t really identified any proteins that would help.

anti-cancer mRNA is great because you can prime the immune system to be mad at cancer cells so that when actual cancer shows up, they’re ready to kill the cells. For male pattern baldness, the plan is less obvious to me

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Crispr type treatments are much more risky. dna is literally being edited and we don’t actually have one single smoking gun gene that causes/ doesn’t cause male pattern baldness. It would need to be modifying multiple genes together and with each snip, you introduce risk.

the mRNA is intriguing, but the first there would need to be a protein that can be produced my the cells when they read the mRNA that would be beneficial for male pattern baldness. As far as I know, we haven’t really identified any proteins that would help.

anti-cancer mRNA is great because you can prime the immune system to be mad at cancer cells so that when actual cancer shows up, they’re ready to kill the cells. For male pattern baldness, the plan is less obvious to me
There is two mRNA hairloss treatments in pre-clinical studies and many more in deeper research, one starts trials next year (Olix). I'm sure they've identified the proteins they need.

Milkonos

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, if crispr is risky, then get yourself cut a second time by crispr to "cure" the risk. And keep repeating that if necessary

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt they will spend their funds on male pattern baldness. They will probably look to work on “life threatening” diseases first. Gene editing male pattern baldness away is probably decades away, let’s be honest here.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Scientists will trial CRISPR on non-humans, just like they will initially for any other potential treatment, to identify the gene required to reduce risk. Every potential treatment has risks. CRISPR helps reduce this as it's key feature is to cut and replace the exact gene required.

Also, with CRISPR, it is not even necessary to find the exact gene that causes male pattern baldness. It can be cured/treated by changing the state of cells to a younger state where those cells where able to easily defend against any Balding.

This has already been done before in mice. Watch the first episode of the short Netflix Documentary series called "Unnatural Selection" and you will see how they cured a mouse of old age and age related health problems including deteriorated mobility, a hunched-back and a old coat of hair to having mobility of a youthful mouse, no hunch-back and a shiny sleek coat of hair.
This was done by injecting a very old mouse with the DNA found in the stem cells and embryo of mice.

This concept is already being implemented by 2 companies:

Turn Biotechnology (using mRNA) and David Sinclair (one of the most famous scientists in the age reversal field) who works at the Harvard University Lab.

Both of these companies plan on curing or at least treating age related issues, including hairloss, by changing the state of the cells to a more youthful state.

So no, I believe it is very possible for Gene Editing using CRISPR to cure/treat male pattern baldness.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt they will spend their funds on male pattern baldness. They will probably look to work on “life threatening” diseases first. Gene editing male pattern baldness away is probably decades away, let’s be honest here.
Quite a few companies have already been working on using CRISPR and mRNA to treat male pattern baldness.

These companies are often also treating life threatening diseases as well. The good thing about big companies is that it allows several types of problems to be worked on simultaneously.

For example, Moogene Medi's number 1 focus is to use CRISPR to treat/cure male pattern baldness and it is doing this simultaneously while trying to use CRISPR to cure Colon Cancer

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Not to take the thread on a tangent, but is there some kind of potential mRNA cure for cancer or would this be something that helps, but not a cure.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Scientists will trial CRISPR on non-humans, just like they will initially for any other potential treatment, to identify the gene required to reduce risk. Every potential treatment has risks. CRISPR helps reduce this as it's key feature is to cut and replace the exact gene required.

Also, with CRISPR, it is not even necessary to find the exact gene that causes male pattern baldness. It can be cured/treated by changing the state of cells to a younger state where those cells where able to easily defend against any Balding.

This has already been done before in mice. Watch the first episode of the short Netflix Documentary series called "Unnatural Selection" and you will see how they cured a mouse of old age and age related health problems including deteriorated mobility, a hunched-back and a old coat of hair to having mobility of a youthful mouse, no hunch-back and a shiny sleek coat of hair.
This was done by injecting a very old mouse with the DNA found in the stem cells and embryo of mice.

This concept is already being implemented by 2 companies:

Turn Biotechnology (using mRNA) and David Sinclair (one of the most famous scientists in the age reversal field) who works at the Harvard University Lab.

Both of these companies plan on curing or at least treating age related issues, including hairloss, by changing the state of the cells to a more youthful state.

So no, I believe it is very possible for Gene Editing using CRISPR to cure/treat male pattern baldness.

CRISPR has been introduced in 2012 now, it's been almost 10 years
It was already tested on human embryos by a Chinese maniac scientist who thinked he could cure HIV

Has expected, and has the science community warned, unexpected off-sites mutations
CRISPR is still an imperfect tool and yet this thread thinks it's some stable SF goofy sh*t where you jump in and get out with your genes fixed...

Almost 10 years and they are still struggling with stability, understanding all genetic implications