I think Gene Editing Therapy (CRISPR) could release a treatment/cure for Male Patterned Balding before Even Tsuji or Stemson and at a far cheaper pric

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
CRISPR has been introduced in 2012 now, it's been almost 10 years
It was already tested on human embryos by a Chinese maniac scientist who thinked he could cure HIV

Has expected, and has the science community warned, unexpected off-sites mutations
CRISPR is still an imperfect tool and yet this thread thinks it's some stable SF goofy sh*t where you jump in and get out with your genes fixed...

Almost 10 years and they are still struggling with stability, understanding all genetic implications

CRISPR-Cas 9 was first discovered around 2012 but very very few people, especially scientists ever heard of it back then. It takes everything many years before it becomes a common technology.

For example, the internet was discovered around January 1st, 1983 but Google was only founded around 1998.

Imagine if people just thought, screw the internet since it's been only 10 years without anything revolutionary.

The scientist who used CRISPR on babies to try to make them born with an immunity to HIV was an idiot. He just wanted to be known as the first person to Gene edit on humans and is hated by the entire industry for his recklessness.

Laws where put in place after his incident.

You disliking CRISPR because of one persons recklessness with the technology is like calling the internet a waste because of some hackers and ignoring the insane potential for growth this technology has.

BTW, CRISPR had been taboo in the USA until around 2015 because of a few reckless people but it's technology has grown massively in such a short time.

Do your research or read this entire thread and see how many diseases CRISPR is being used to treat already.

Gene Editing is already being used in Animals, Plants, Food, and only recently in vivo in humans where it cured a rare genetic disease that causes blindness in humans.

CRISPR is relatively at its infancy but the growth potential for this technology is enormous. It is sometimes called the greatest invention of the 21st century.

This technology after the first 2 reckless incidents had to be carefully used according to regulatory boards which greatly slowed down advancements and in vivo applications but now that the barrier has been surpassed we will start to see a flood of inivation in the next decade.

Those who were reckless with the technology did not follow the proper trial process, but after those incidents, it has become mandatory to follow the clinical trial process, so I believe we will see a lot safer treatments via CRISPR with a lot less off-targets.

We can't judge a whole technology based on a few idiots who misused the technology and clearly weren't the brightest.

As I mentioned in previous messages, the very concept of returning cells to a younger state which was first demonstrated using CRISPR in mice, is being used in mRNA by Turn Biotechnology and David Sinclair from Harvard University Lab to combat hairloss.

CRISPR is already being used to treat cancers and many diseases and genetic disorders. It's being used to treat Cystic Fibrosis, Sickle Cell Disease, etc etc.

Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
CRISPR has been introduced in 2012 now, it's been almost 10 years
It was already tested on human embryos by a Chinese maniac scientist who thinked he could cure HIV

Has expected, and has the science community warned, unexpected off-sites mutations
CRISPR is still an imperfect tool and yet this thread thinks it's some stable SF goofy sh*t where you jump in and get out with your genes fixed...

Almost 10 years and they are still struggling with stability, understanding all genetic implications

Behold, I introduce the new solution in Gene Editing Therapy using CRISPR called: "CRISPRoff" and "CRISPRon"

In a paper published April 9, 2021, in the journal Cell, researchers at UC San Francisco and the Whitehead Institute describe a novel CRISPR-based tool called “CRISPRoff,” which allows scientists to switch off almost any gene in human cells without making a single edit to the genetic code. The researchers also show that once a gene is switched off, it remains inert in the cell’s descendants for hundreds of generations, unless it is switched back on with a complementary tool called CRISPRon, also described in the paper.

Because the epigenome plays a central role in many diseases, from viral infection to cancer, CRISPRoff technology may one day lead to powerful epigenetic therapies. And since this approach doesn’t involve any DNA edits, it’s likely to be safer than conventional CRISPR therapeutics, which have been known to cause unwanted and potentially harmful changes to the genome.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
More good news! It seems Gene Based Therapies are rapidly developing.

They've already created a new protocol called Cas12f or Cas14 and they've also found other ways of advancing Gene Editing Therapies.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/2...allest-CRISPR-to-date-for-genome-editing.aspx

ALSO,

This might seem a bit off-topic but I actually think it's brilliant news as a first step towards expediting mass adoption of Gene Based Therapies and thereby expediting research and treatment of Gene Editing Therapy based hairloss treatments.

Previously, we only had mRNA based vaccines for Covid, but now they have released a gene (DNA) based vaccine.

And not only that, there's actually a DOZEN DNA Covid vaccines in trial/early development processes around the world!

This is a massive and important step for mass adoption of this technology.

They are already seeing it as a much cheaper and simpler alternative to mRNA and the current DNA vaccine approved recently in India (world's first) doesn't even require an injection!

I believe mRNA tech grew in leaps and bounds after it was used in Covid Vaccines as it became a household name, hence we see such rapid development in mRNA based treatments for many other diseases in development right now, far more than gene based treatments, especially in hairloss.

But I believe the tables are about to turn once this first DNA vaccine is released within this month.

As they already say there are many other applications that DNA/Gene therapy will be used to combat diseases and especially those with no cure and they are "hot on the heels of the Covid vaccines for release".

I think we are headed for really exciting times!

Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks mate. Crazy enough the first people to actually create this DNA Covid vaccine was the same group of guys (biohackers) from the Netflix docu-series called "Unnatural Selection" that I told everyone to watch.

They call themselves (the 3 man group of biohackers) The "CDC" and they actually did this in 2020! It can even be seen on Wikipedia, I'll attach a screenshot.

So yeah, pretty interesting to see that scientists actually copied these guys and how much ahead of Technology they were, it gives extra merit to their Netflix docu-series and other work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210905_163615_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210905_163615_com.android.chrome.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Scientists will trial CRISPR on non-humans, just like they will initially for any other potential treatment, to identify the gene required to reduce risk. Every potential treatment has risks. CRISPR helps reduce this as it's key feature is to cut and replace the exact gene required.

Also, with CRISPR, it is not even necessary to find the exact gene that causes male pattern baldness. It can be cured/treated by changing the state of cells to a younger state where those cells where able to easily defend against any Balding.

This has already been done before in mice. Watch the first episode of the short Netflix Documentary series called "Unnatural Selection" and you will see how they cured a mouse of old age and age related health problems including deteriorated mobility, a hunched-back and a old coat of hair to having mobility of a youthful mouse, no hunch-back and a shiny sleek coat of hair.
This was done by injecting a very old mouse with the DNA found in the stem cells and embryo of mice.

This concept is already being implemented by 2 companies:

Turn Biotechnology (using mRNA) and David Sinclair (one of the most famous scientists in the age reversal field) who works at the Harvard University Lab.

Both of these companies plan on curing or at least treating age related issues, including hairloss, by changing the state of the cells to a more youthful state.

So no, I believe it is very possible for Gene Editing using CRISPR to cure/treat male pattern baldness.
How many genes are there related to male pattern baldness? How is this implemented? One day you are an old man and then the next you are 16? I am thinking it doesn't work like that. Can you swap sexual organs and be the other? I am assuming older women could be made fertile again. It's hard to believe this is right around the corner but the science is the science. Sounds very Brave New World. There must seemingly be stressors to DNA so you can't just keep doing it everyday. You write about this a lot with great enthusiasm which is always great. Soon they will start hitting you to with TL;DR, lol.

If you could flesh this out in terms of practicalities that would be great. I am wondering though if baldness is on 7 genes and they sort of work against each other in some ways related to hair or together but if you get to high in terms of genes, that's a lot of permutations.

Milkonos

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I wish not. Don't want to lose my übermensch height lol.

But getting the question remains. Can crispr even regrow back hair from NW7 to NW0 ? Or will it only be a maintenance "treatment" ?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I wish not. Don't want to lose my übermensch height lol.

But getting the question remains. Can crispr even regrow back hair from NW7 to NW0 ? Or will it only be a maintenance "treatment" ?
How tall are you? How much of an advantage is being tall with the ladies.....

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How many genes are there related to male pattern baldness? How is this implemented? One day you are an old man and then the next you are 16? I am thinking it doesn't work like that. Can you swap sexual organs and be the other? I am assuming older women could be made fertile again. It's hard to believe this is right around the corner but the science is the science. Sounds very Brave New World. There must seemingly be stressors to DNA so you can't just keep doing it everyday. You write about this a lot with great enthusiasm which is always great. Soon they will start hitting you to with TL;DR, lol.

If you could flesh this out in terms of practicalities that would be great. I am wondering though if baldness is on 7 genes and they sort of work against each other in some ways related to hair or together but if you get to high in terms of genes, that's a lot of permutations.

Thanks Janey, to repeat:

They may not even need to know the exact molecule signals which cause hairloss to be turned on and off. They can just return the state of the cells to a younger state when the Follicles were strong enough to fight off male pattern baldness.

They've fixed age related health problems in mice already a few years ago ago by injecting a very old mouse with the DNA found in the stem cells and embryo of mice.

(Previously the old mouse was towards the end of its life, very deteriorated movement and a hunch back similar to elderly people, it's hair was old looking as well)

The result was a much more youthful mouse, which had mobililty of a youthful mouse, NO hunchback, and it's hair looked sheek and shiny and youthful.

This btw was done using Gene Editing using CRISPR, and now there's been very recently even better advancements to the CRISPR technology.

There's 2 companies/people I know of that are using mRNA technology in operating this very concept of returning cells to a more youthful state

Take a look at Turn Biotechnologies using mRNA and possibly David Sinclair.

I know mice and humans are different but there's no denying how quickly this technology is evolving. This year alone has seen several advancements in Gene Editing Technology.

I don't have all the answers as to how it will be regulated right now or how it will work but I'm sure they will figure it out in the not too distant future at the rate their going.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
mic
Thanks Janey, to repeat:

They may not even need to know the exact molecule signals which cause hairloss to be turned on and off. They can just return the state of the cells to a younger state when the Follicles were strong enough to fight off male pattern baldness.

They've fixed age related health problems in mice already a few years ago ago by injecting a very old mouse with the DNA found in the stem cells and embryo of mice.

(Previously the old mouse was towards the end of its life, very deteriorated movement and a hunch back similar to elderly people, it's hair was old looking as well)

The result was a much more youthful mouse, which had mobililty of a youthful mouse, NO hunchback, and it's hair looked sheek and shiny and youthful.

This btw was done using Gene Editing using CRISPR, and now there's been very recently even better advancements to the CRISPR technology.

There's 2 companies/people I know of that are using mRNA technology in operating this very concept of returning cells to a more youthful state

Take a look at Turn Biotechnologies using mRNA and possibly David Sinclair.

I know mice and humans are different but there's no denying how quickly this technology is evolving. This year alone has seen several advancements in Gene Editing Technology.

I don't have all the answers as to how it will be regulated right now or how it will work but I'm sure they will figure it out in the not too distant future at the rate their going.
that's why I see the sense of investing in cryonics, for us it will be too late to use these therapies, and living as an old man among young people alone is hopeless

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good point, :)
Hair growth cycle puts operative more than 60 genes, y me quedo corto.
These techniques dont resolve the problem of common pattern baldness.

I just explained above how you don't need to control or know the exact genes that cause hair loss, because they just need to return the cells in the hair Follicle to a younger state when hairloss wasn't a problem.

Also, even if it were 100 genes, it's still a finite number and with the advances of this technology and mRNA it is definitely going to be possible it the not too distant future.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just explained above how you don't need to control or know the exact genes that cause hair loss, because they just need to return the cells in the hair Follicle to a younger state when hairloss wasn't a problem.

Also, even if it were 100 genes, it's still a finite number and with the advances of this technology and mRNA it is definitely going to be possible it the not too distant future.
Mickey, people hate it when a person cites to him or herself. Linking is not quite as bad.

These are other sorts of things to avoid unless being sort of cranky is your shtick and who is Janey to critique other folks' shtick?

Similar then are, "as I clearly made clear before" or "I already explained this clearly" especially since some of these threads go on and on and on. In court, the one we always avoid is "as I explained before, Your Honor" because it implies that they or we on here, were too dimwitted to follow superior reasoning the first time it was laid out to them. Never say "with all due respect, Your Honor". Instead say, "With all respect, Your Honor" since the first logically might imply that the judge doesn't in fact, deserve respect in terms of such respect being "due". Few local judges do.

Oh yeah. RTFM is always pretty rude, Linux and Unix fan boys....

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mickey, people hate it when a person cites to him or herself. Linking is not quite as bad.

These are other sorts of things to avoid unless being sort of cranky is your shtick and who is Janey to critique other folks' shtick?

Similar then are, "as I clearly made clear before" or "I already explained this clearly" especially since some of these threads go on and on and on. In court, the one we always avoid is "as I explained before, Your Honor" because it implies that they or we on here, were too dimwitted to follow superior reasoning the first time it was laid out to them. Never say "with all due respect, Your Honor". Instead say, "With all respect, Your Honor" since the first logically might imply that the judge doesn't in fact, deserve respect in terms of such respect being "due". Few local judges do.

Oh yeah. RTFM is always pretty rude, Linux and Unix fan boys....
You could have simply said the first paragraph only - which was two lines and I would have gotten the point. It was the first time I've done that anyway.

However, I will take that as a useful tip to link in future, but as for you, do remember to be succinct, again. You've basically repeated what you intended to say several times. I actually stopped reading less than half way through because i knew the type of response but then continued to read to be polite

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

lets wait for mind transfer, this is also not too distant future...

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You could have simply said the first paragraph only - which was two lines and I would have gotten the point. It was the first time I've done that anyway.

However, I will take that as a useful tip to link in future, but as for you, do remember to be succinct, again. You've basically repeated what you intended to say several times. I actually stopped reading less than half way through because i knew the type of response but then continued to read to be polite
I could have but I was also alluding to the fact that you, or me or people, we do this without meaning to insult, it's more so, to jog people's memories so maybe you don't have to go through it again, which I get. The Janey experiment makes this less apparent in me but I worship scientific method and to the extent possible, I take pics and notes and I have tried to always put baseline pics in, even if I only have a handful of these. Usually, I have just chosen a series of representative pics but with the intention of their being useful for someone who has never been on my thread so they don't have to scroll for 70 pages. I did copy @bridgeburn and put many on page one, since many people come in from page one.

Best,
Janey