I think Gene Editing Therapy (CRISPR) could release a treatment/cure for Male Patterned Balding before Even Tsuji or Stemson and at a far cheaper pric

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think Gene Editing Therapy (CRISPR - Cas9) might release a treatment/cure for Male Patterned Balding before Even Tsuji or Stemson and at a far cheaper price.

The link below isn't about Hairloss, but it shows the great advancements that Gene Editing Therapy is making recently and looks very hopeful as CRISPR cures the first ever genetic disorder INSIDE* the human body:

We already have one Gene Editing Therapy company (Moogene Medi) that I am aware of that is working with CRISPR to provide a solution to Male Patterned Balding, and maybe soon there will be many more companies.

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
first we have to see it used to treat really well understood conditions like diabetes then i will believe it

Foreheadman_2000

My Regimen
Reaction score
But what genes should be turned off (or on)? We still don't know the exact mechanism of male pattern baldness.

Theoretically, you could just shut down the gene that encodes the 5 alpha reductase enzyme. Then we would become like those guevedoces.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't need full gene editing to cure male pattern baldness or reverse it. Just find the most effective single or poli gene expression in the scalp to prevent/reverse it and target it with mRNA knockdown.

Several companies are already pursuing this pathway for preventing/halting it. None that I know of for reversing it, yet.

Milkonos

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't worry, they're not working on stemcells for our scalps... our hair are just the first step toward regenerating other organs. So, Tsuji and whatnot will still be working on their sh*t.

@trialAcc Could you elaborate more on mRNA vaccines preventing baldness ? like with articles

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't need full gene editing to cure male pattern baldness or reverse it. Just find the most effective single or poli gene expression in the scalp to prevent/reverse it and target it with mRNA knockdown.

Several companies are already pursuing this pathway for preventing/halting it. None that I know of for reversing it, yet.
Which are some of the main companies pursuing mRNA to prevent/halt male pattern baldness and can you provide some articles or studies?

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if all the genes that cause ΑGΑ are targeted, I'd very much doubt that would do anything more than halt ΑGΑ progression. CRISPR/Cas9 is not a regenerative therapy.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if all the genes that cause ΑGΑ are targeted, I'd very much doubt that would do anything more than halt ΑGΑ progression. CRISPR/Cas9 is not a regenerative therapy.
It can be regenerative to an extent if you swap the gene expression to produce a missing protein or set of proteins naturally. A good example is any of the muscular dystrophies that have key missing proteins or exon skipping and lack scar tissue/fibrosis. If the faulty gene is corrected and the proteins begin to hit the muscle regeneration cascade normally, you'd get proper muscle growth to the degree that they are not damaged.

This applies to hairloss in that if you stop the feedback loop that prevents the hair from regrowing itself (as we know occurs when you nuke the follicles with Estrogen), you could get full regrowth to the extent that scar tissue hasn't built in the follicles.

SaveTheMane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And yet this sh*t has only been out for less than 30 years, there is a high risk of it could potentially cause devastating mutations and unknown long term side effects, releasing deadly defects 10 times worse than male pattern baldness into the gene pool. Also, changing your own gene is basically turning you into non-human abomination, your look will not really matter by that point when women know you are literally an artificial gmo-product, they will rather marry a non genetic modified nw7 bald guy than a genetic modified "man" with nw1 hair.

Last edited:

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
And yet this sh*t has only been out for less than 30 years, there is a high risk of it could potentially cause devastating mutations and unknown long term side effects, releasing deadly defects 10 times worse than male pattern baldness into the gene pool. Also, changing your own gene is basically turning you into non-human abomination, your look will not really matter by that point when women know you are literally an artificial gmo-product, they will rather marry a non genetic modified nw7 bald guy than a genetic modified "man" with nw1 hair.
Bro, there's no genepool. Learn the difference between gene-editing and genome editing. Also, CRISPR was discovered for gene editing in 2013 and the entire point is limited off target effects due to it's precision.

You just typed pure sh*t. Gene editing is the future of human health, get on board.

SaveTheMane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro, there's no genepool. Learn the difference between gene-editing and genome editing. Also, CRISPR was discovered for gene editing in 2013 and the entire point is limited off target effects due to it's precision.

You just typed pure sh*t. Gene editing is the future of human health, get on board.
CRISPR can also edit genome, if you are referring to "gene editing" it can include all types of gene-based engineering such as DNA, RNA. And even if those "doctors" "scientists" told you they are not going to mess with your DNA, will you really trust these people and let them get access inside your body with those who knows what materials to freely move things as they desire? It is like inviting a person with theft convictions enter your house and expecting him to not steal your stuffs.

Last edited:

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
CRISPR can also edit genome, if you are referring to "gene editing" it can include all types of gene-based engineering such as DNA, RNA. And even if those "doctors" "scientists" told you they are not going to mess with your DNA, will you really trust these people and let them get access inside your body with those who knows what materials to freely move things as they desire? It is like inviting a person with theft convictions enter your house and expecting him to not steal your stuffs.
What in the f*** are you talking about?

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude. That's like saying you wouldn't trust today's surgeons because when they operate on you they have the potential to cause further harm to you. That's a possibility of any surgery even today.

Also, there will be license to prevent scientists and doctors from doing crazy stuff without your permission just as there is today. They are meant to perform what is required by the patient and when there are multiple types of bad incidents which seem malicious by a doctor or scientist to do things other than what is required by a patient then that doctor or scientist will be dealt with accordingly.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You're thinking very very BAD.
Thinkin CRISPR will solve baldness in a few years..ha ha ha

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No idea why you guys are so hyped about CRISPR, if you can simply control your gene expression with mRNA vaccines that cause temporary effects. No need to change your genes.
Because CRISPR has actually been used on humans unlike many other potential treatments which is quite a big deal

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're thinking very very BAD.
Thinkin CRISPR will solve baldness in a few years..ha ha ha
I didn't say it would be a cure only.
I said it could be a treatment also.

BTW, CRISPR has already been used in humans with positive results which is huge, which is more than I can say for a lot the other potential treatments in the pipeline.

I do believe the rate of growth of CRISPR technology will be even faster due to this breakthrough.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No idea why you guys are so hyped about CRISPR, if you can simply control your gene expression with mRNA vaccines that cause temporary effects. No need to change your genes.
I think we should be hyped and support multiple interesting things looking to treat or cure hairloss.

Supporting CRISPR does not take away anyone's ability to support mRNA as well. They all have a common goal so why not support both.

Healthy competition in the hairloss industry is good because it will force companies to work quicker and price more competitively as opposed to having exorbitant prices.

SaveTheMane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude. That's like saying you wouldn't trust today's surgeons because when they operate on you they have the potential to cause further harm to you. That's a possibility of any surgery even today.

Also, there will be license to prevent scientists and doctors from doing crazy stuff without your permission just as there is today. They are meant to perform what is required by the patient and when there are multiple types of bad incidents which seem malicious by a doctor or scientist to do things other than what is required by a patient then that doctor or scientist will be dealt with accordingly.
I'd say I wouldn't trust any people to mess with my genes before I have had kids.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So has been mRNA vaccines. Now the cure for skin cancer is in clinical trials. Tell me some common CRISPR treatments nowadays.
You can't say "common" for CRISPR since it has only recently been used on humans, and been successful, but it has cured some rare diseases.

Note, this is not a competition between mRNA vs CRISPR, it is good both are advancing.

As I mentioned in another comment, we should be supportive of multiple approaches to treating hair loss and especially those like CRISPR and even mRNA which are moving far quicker than the rest

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
So has been mRNA vaccines. Now the cure for skin cancer is in clinical trials. Tell me some common CRISPR treatments nowadays.
It's being used for people with many cancers, sickle cell anemia (40+ people cured from the trials to date), cystic fibrosis and many more to come in the short-term. It's not common like the vaccines but let's not pretend it's just a research concept anymore.