I think Gene Editing Therapy (CRISPR) could release a treatment/cure for Male Patterned Balding before Even Tsuji or Stemson and at a far cheaper pric

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
after all, it will all be for the rich, and here you are arguing about what ...: D

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok, but is it only for preventing baldness or for restoring hair to bald?
It could do both:
prevent hairloss (definitely)
and probably
restoring hair (provided its not a fully bald area)

If they can do just this you wouldn't need Tsuji or Stemson unless you have a very large bald area that can't be well covered via hair transplant.

And if mRNA/CRISPR can do this you wouldn't need to spend crazy money on Tsuji or Stemson since CRISPR and mRNA will restore your current hair back to normal and the bald areas or perfecting your hairline can be done with the max sized possible FUE transplant and mRNA/CRISPR would be able to maintain the transplanted hair almost forever. This would work out to only a small fraction of the price we've heard the price of Tsuji would be.

Plus there's stuff in the pipeline being worked on to heal wounds even after a hair transplant so there will theoretically be an almost continuous supply of donor hair for transplanting

Last edited:

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so crispr or mrna will not bring back hair for bald men, which is useless for a large group of people

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so crispr or mrna will not bring back hair for bald men, which is useless for a large group of people
Well I'm not completely sure about those who have large bald areas for years as yet, but since they say hair doesn't completely die and that it is still on our scalp but just very small/microscopic, maybe it would be able to restore even those hairs

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It could do both:
prevent hairloss (definitely)
and probably
restoring hair (provided its not a fully bald area)

If they can do just this you wouldn't need Tsuji or Stemson unless you have a very large bald area that can't be well covered via hair transplant.

And if mRNA/CRISPR can do this you wouldn't need to spend crazy money on Tsuji or Stemson since CRISPR and mRNA will restore your current hair back to normal and the bald areas or perfecting your hairline can be done with the max sized possible FUE transplant and mRNA/CRISPR would be able to maintain the transplanted hair almost forever. This would work out to only a small fraction of the price we've heard the price of Tsuji would be.

Plus there's stuff in the pipeline being worked on to heal wounds even after a hair transplant so there will theoretically be an almost continuous supply of donor hair for transplanting
Healing wounds without scarring doesn't mean hair will grow. I can almost guarantee you that it won't. We aren't mice. You can't chop off your leg and grow a new one just because some animals can. Same goes for hair.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Healing wounds without scarring doesn't mean hair will grow. I can almost guarantee you that it won't. We aren't mice. You can't chop off your leg and grow a new one just because some animals can. Same goes for hair.

Well no one really knows for sure right now, but maybe CRISPR and mRNA in combination with Verterporfin can help to reactivate the growth phase. Who knows.

This is the article on Follicle Thought I found the information on regarding the wound healing for reference:

"If we think about the drug’s potential application in hair transplant surgeries, a patient could have hair follicles extracted from their donor area via FUE or FUT(strip) and then have verteporfin injected into the wounds of the donor area. If the mechanism of action holds up in humans, those wounds in the donor area would heal, not only without scars, but with a replenishment of hair follicles as well. Now, it’s not probable that there would be 100% regeneration of donor follicles, but even a rate of 50% would be a game changer. For fun, we can imagine a surgery of 4,000 grafts could yield back 2,000 grafts and the process could be repeated many times."

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well no one really knows for sure right now, but maybe CRISPR and mRNA in combination with Verterporfin can help to reactivate the growth phase. Who knows.

This is the article on Follicle Thought I found the information on regarding the wound healing for reference:

"If we think about the drug’s potential application in hair transplant surgeries, a patient could have hair follicles extracted from their donor area via FUE or FUT(strip) and then have verteporfin injected into the wounds of the donor area. If the mechanism of action holds up in humans, those wounds in the donor area would heal, not only without scars, but with a replenishment of hair follicles as well. Now, it’s not probable that there would be 100% regeneration of donor follicles, but even a rate of 50% would be a game changer. For fun, we can imagine a surgery of 4,000 grafts could yield back 2,000 grafts and the process could be repeated many times."

You can't just put CRISPR in your scalp. You have to know what molecular signals to turn on and off. When we realize that level of understanding of the HF then you won't need a hair transplant lol. This will never be the solution. You're quoting some random guy with a blog's opinion. He's just speculating like you, and he's equally wrong

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Well no one really knows for sure right now, but this is the article on Follicle Thought I found the information on regarding the wound healing:

You can't just put CRISPR in your scalp. You have to know what molecular signals to turn on and off. When we realize that level of understanding of the HF then you won't need a hair transplant lol. This will never be the solution. You're quoting some random guy with a blog's opinion. He's just speculating like you, and he's equally wrong
I wasn't referring to mixing CRISPR and mRNA with Veterporfin lol. I meant it could be used in conjunction with Veterporfin but separately, as in a multi-faceted approach.

And Yes understanding the HF to know which molecular signals to turn on and off is exactly what I am referring to in the future, I'm not referring to that part as a short term treatment before Tsuji and Stemson.

However, I still believe that there will be advances in CRISPR at a faster rate than Tsuji or Stemson since it seems to be developing at a fast pace. Having worked in humans already in different applications is a big step forward.

You saying that it will "never be a solution", is also just you speculating and you are actually more wrong because you have no idea of what advances will happen with this science and technology in then next 5 or even 20 years.

It is still in its infancy relatively and since you aren't from the future, saying things are completely impossible is very naive.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's just the speculation of folliclethought admin. He is not a researcher, and knows less about HF biology than many of this forum's members, so I'm not sure why you're quoting that.

I'm not saying CRISPR will never be a solution, I'm saying verteporfin and regrowing hair on strip scars will never be the solution. At best it will let you get a hair transplant without the ugly scar, but it won't give you unlimited hair transplants. You'll still need Tsuji or Stemson to fill in those bald areas. When we figure out how to reverse hair loss we can either do it pharmacologically or with CRISPR, but CRISPR or mRNA in itself isn't some magic bullet that's going to do that. The roadblock is figuring out what to target with these technologies, same as with traditional small molecule drugs.

The irony of calling someone naive after what you've been posting lol

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Well no one really knows for sure right now, but this is the article on Follicle Thought I found the information on regarding the wound healing:

I wasn't referring to mixing CRISPR and mRNA with Veterporfin lol. I meant it could be used in conjunction with Veterporfin but separately, as in a multi-faceted approach.

And Yes understanding the HF to know which molecular signals to turn on and off is exactly what I am referring to in the future, I'm not referring to that part as a short term treatment before Tsuji and Stemson.

However, I still believe that there will be advances in CRISPR at a faster rate than Tsuji or Stemson since it seems to be developing at a fast pace. Having worked in humans already in different applications is a big step forward.

You saying that it will "never be a solution", is also just you speculating and you are actually more wrong because you have no idea of what advances will happen with this science and technology in then next 5 or even 20 years.

It is still in its infancy relatively and since you aren't from the future, saying things are completely impossible is very naive
That's just the speculation of folliclethought admin. He is not a researcher, and knows less about HF biology than many of this forum's members, so I'm not sure why you're quoting that.

I'm not saying CRISPR will never be a solution, I'm saying verteporfin and regrowing hair on strip scars will never be the solution. At best it will let you get a hair transplant without the ugly scar, but it won't give you unlimited hair transplants. You'll still need Tsuji or Stemson to fill in those bald areas. When we figure out how to reverse hair loss we can either do it pharmacologically or with CRISPR, but CRISPR or mRNA in itself isn't some magic bullet that's going to do that. The roadblock is figuring out what to target with these technologies, same as with traditional small molecule drugs.

The irony of calling someone naive after what you've been posting lol

Lol well it seems we both misinterpreted each other's messages, since I thought you were saying that CRISPR would never be a solution.

But also, I'm not completely ruling out Verterporfin. I mean, sure I am as sceptical as you that it could do what the admin of Follicle Thought mentioned, but I like to keep some optimism opened even though I'm not solely relying on it being a solution.

Because even if it's not unlimited hairs for re-transplanting but just 20% that is still an important breakthrough worth noting.

I am very hopeful about CRISPR though, with its widespread adoption already, it's a sign that a lot more is to come. Recently CRISPR was even used by astronauts in space.

I can't wait to see what will happen with its advancements over the next 10 years.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
scientists have not found out how to grow a dozen decent-looking hair and here we are thinking about changing the genome ... and so the benefits of this science will not apply to us because we will usually be old, or already in graves

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
scientists have not found out how to grow a dozen decent-looking hair and here we are thinking about changing the genome ... and so the benefits of this science will not apply to us because we will usually be old, or already in graves

They've been many people who have had a lot more growth than just a dozen decent looking hairs from the current treatments we have.

There's been no real major breakthroughs in a long time sure, but clearly based on some of the stuff we've been seeing in the pipeline, there's a lot more technology coming through than ever before and we are a lot closer to better treatments and a possible cure than ever.

If everyone thought just because there's been no major breakthroughs after only 2 decades after Finasteride was released, we'd never have anything new coming out, so your thinking is bad. Stay positive and have patience, things don't always happen on your timeline of expectation.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They've been many people who have had a lot more growth than just a dozen decent looking hairs from the current treatments we have.

There's been no real major breakthroughs in a long time sure, but clearly based on some of the stuff we've been seeing in the pipeline, there's a lot more technology coming through than ever before and we are a lot closer to better treatments and a possible cure than ever.

If everyone thought just because there's been no major breakthroughs after only 2 decades after Finasteride was released, we'd never have anything new coming out, so your thinking is bad. Stay positive and have patience, things don't always happen on your timeline of expectation.
I see progress and very well, but people under 20 and future generations will benefit from it, what after cloning and beautiful hair when I don't have time to enjoy it?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see progress and very well, but people under 20 and future generations will benefit from it, what after cloning and beautiful hair when I don't have time to enjoy it?
"I don't get it so f*** everyone else"

Cool attitude on life bro