I think Gene Editing Therapy (CRISPR) could release a treatment/cure for Male Patterned Balding before Even Tsuji or Stemson and at a far cheaper pric

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see progress and very well, but people under 20 and future generations will benefit from it, what after cloning and beautiful hair when I don't have time to enjoy it?
How old are you and what Norwood are you?

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"I don't get it so f*** everyone else"

Cool attitude on life bro
What's wrong with the fact that I would like to catch a haired train and enjoy my hair for many years? I do not wish anyone bad, but the truth is, for a certain group of people it may be too late because of their age, everything tastes when you are young and fit, will you care about your hair on your deathbed?

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's wrong with the fact that I would like to catch a haired train and enjoy my hair for many years? I do not wish anyone bad, but the truth is, for a certain group of people it may be too late because of their age, everything tastes when you are young and fit, will you care about your hair on your deathbed?

It's a problem when you get pessimistic on everyones posts, and it's not just this thread but I've noticed you on other threads. Always talking about "it would only be for the rich rich, or its so far away why bother, or we haven't even done x so why worry about y"

If you feel so negative and can't have patience or at least at least some positivity about the future treatments, you shouldn't be on these forums.

In the meantime you can save up for a hair transplant which should buy you enough time until the really interesting solutions are available.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a problem when you get pessimistic on everyones posts, and it's not just this thread but I've noticed you on other threads. Always talking about "it would only be for the rich rich, or its so far away why bother, or we haven't even done x so why worry about y"

If you feel so negative and can't have patience or at least at least some positivity about the future treatments, you shouldn't be on these forums.

In the meantime you can save up for a hair transplant which should buy you enough time until the really interesting solutions are available.
You're wrong, buddy, I'm not a pessimist, but a realist, and I read the forum because it's a place where people write interesting posts, I don't know a better forum than this, but let's face it, stemson still has a lot of work to do, I'm thinking good, but I'm not setting up earlier than a year 2030, if we were forever young, time wouldn't matter, I could wait even 100 years

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're wrong, buddy, I'm not a pessimist, but a realist, and I read the forum because it's a place where people write interesting posts, I don't know a better forum than this, but let's face it, stemson still has a lot of work to do, I'm thinking good, but I'm not setting up earlier than a year 2030, if we were forever young, time wouldn't matter, I could wait even 100 years
There's a lot of other treatments to look out for that are expected to release before Stemson.

I would say Kintor, CRISPR and mRNA are my favorites right now that I expect will be released much sooner than 2030.

With what growth you can get from these alone you might only need a relatively small FUE Hair Transplant to give you an almost perfect head of hair and hairline until cloning and such becomes available around (hopefully) 2027 - 2030, if you even still need it.

Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For everyone that has doubts about Gene Editing via CRISPR or that doesn't know what it is and what it can do, I strongly advise you to watch the short Netflix Documentary called "Unnatural Selection". It's about CRISPR and it's brilliant.

The first episode alone would remove all doubts and may even put CRISPR as your favorite potential treatment/cure.

Last edited:

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread is pure delusion
Yeah, we can edit and silence genes "safely" with those new techniques, but let's not pretend gene therapies are "news"
First success is like what...20 years old ? So yeah, same point two decades later, but with safer techniques

Have you seen progress on Androgenetic Alopecia ? They still struggle to map all involved genes, compare with standard population etc...
This is so f*****g far

On cancer ? which is basically all genetic and could be prevented by such techniques no ?

Even if they manage to clearly identify which genes needs to be edited, major problem of CRISPR is just like our current treatments : The delivery

Messing with 5ar, DHT, AR, or any other mecanism involved in Androgenetic Alopecia can be tricky at a systemic level, and those gene editing techniques are not well known to be contained at a specific body area

Cancer will be cure by gene editing way before Androgenetic Alopecia, research tend to focus on it anyway

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, we can edit and silence genes "safely" with those new techniques, but let's not pretend gene therapies are "news"
First success is like what...20 years old ? So yeah, same point two decades later, but with safer techniques

Have you seen progress on Androgenetic Alopecia ? They still struggle to map all involved genes, compare with standard population etc...
This is so f*****g far

On cancer ? which is basically all genetic and could be prevented by such techniques no ?

Even if they manage to clearly identify which genes needs to be edited, major problem of CRISPR is just like our current treatments : The delivery

Messing with 5ar, DHT, AR, or any other mecanism involved in Androgenetic Alopecia can be tricky at a systemic level, and those gene editing techniques are not well known to be contained at a specific body area

Cancer will be cure by gene editing way before Androgenetic Alopecia, research tend to focus on it anyway

No you're wrong.

It was only recently that Gene Editing Therapy (CRISPR) was used in vivo to cure a genetic disorder. Before it was used in vitro.

CRISPR was recently used in vivo to cure people of a genetic disease that causes blindness.

Yes it is relatively in its infancy but at least it's already been used in humans unlike Tsuji or Stemson.

Stemson released a new article a couple of days ago saying that they still need a few more years to complete the R&D, imagine how long it will take to start human trials.

Same with Tsuji, right now it's all a concept until it has been applied to humans and works.

CRISPR is different as its not just a concept anymore.

Watch only the first episode of the Netflix docu-series called "Unnatural Selection" and your doubts will be removed regarding CRISPR.
A PhD who worked at NASA was mainly involved in creating the docu-series.

Note, my post was between CRISPR (not past forms of Gene Editing since CRISPR is far more simple, fast and enormously cheaper) vs Tsuji and Stemson producing a treatment/cure to humans.

In the first episode you will see how they used CRISPR to inject DNA found in the stem cell and embryo of mice into mice which were very old, towards the end of their life, hunch-backed (spinal bent just like how old humans sometimes get hunched-backs), slow moving/mobility deteriorated, their hair/coat looking old, etc

The result, was the mice that were injected with the DNA found in the embryo of mice, turned into a much more youthful mouse, NO hunch back, restored mobility to youthful days, sheek and young looking hair/coat, and it was said that the life span of the mouse was extended by approximately 30%.
Which is massive!

Basically the cells in the mouse were restored to a younger state, making it far more youthful. It was amazing. Like drinking from the fountain of youth.

Heck if their able to do that to humans in some way they might not even need to know the exact molecule signals to turn on and off to target male pattern baldness specifically.

But of course people would also
still like to find the exact signals to turn on and off.

The only thing slowing down the Gene Editing technology was ethic boards who were resistant to changes been made in humans via Gene Editing Therapy.

When Engineering things, especially genes, you need to start with the smallest change that would produce a favorable result and then scale up, for that reason the treatment was delayed and first started on mice and other plants/animals before moving to humans.

The fact that they used CRISPR in vivo* recently is massive and the fact that it cured a rare genetic optical disease is even more amazing.

It definitely means a lot more is to come from CRISPR in terms of in vivo applications with restrictions starting to lighten slowly. Its a huge move in the right direction.

Even NASA scientists recently used CRISPR in space* very recently for the first time.

The great thing about CRISPR is that is so easily accessible, usable and cheap that it's being used by a lot of people recently and also that means it's being used in a variety of applications not just Cancer or a few diseases.

Also, Moogene Medi is one of the first Gene Editing companies that is already working on using CRISPR to treat Male Patterned Balding. It is doing this alongside trying to separately use CRISPR to treat Colon Cancer. Yes they are working on both diseases at one company simultaneously, just like many other companies will also start to do.

Last edited:

DuncanOP

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's a lot of other treatments to look out for that are expected to release before Stemson.

I would say Kintor, CRISPR and mRNA are my favorites right now that I expect will be released much sooner than 2030.

With what growth you can get from these alone you might only need a relatively small FUE Hair Transplant to give you an almost perfect head of hair and hairline until cloning and such becomes available around (hopefully) 2027 - 2030, if you even still need it.

How mRNA will help with balding? Do you mean use mRNA vaccines to insert instructions into cells to create HF or something like that? (if this is the case, the immune system may attack it?)

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Crispr is a great technique, but it needs to improve a lot yet. It is useful to change single gene, but many diseases and physical traits are controlled by hundreds of genes.

How do you get it through all the cells? Can you be sure of it? It might not be a simple task to do in a live adult. There is and there will be a lot of ethical debate about CRISPR. In embryos made through in-vitro fertilization, changes might not be as difficult.

Anyway, changing hundreds of genes.... We are not going to be able to do that with CRISPR anytime soon.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Crispr is a great technique, but it needs to improve a lot yet. It is useful to change single gene, but many diseases and physical traits are controlled by hundreds of genes.

How do you get it through all the cells? Can you be sure of it? It might not be a simple task to do in a live adult. There is and there will be a lot of ethical debate about CRISPR. In embryos made through in-vitro fertilization, changes might not be as difficult.

Anyway, changing hundreds of genes.... We are not going to be able to do that with CRISPR anytime soon.
is crispr useful for reverse gray hair?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score

This is so f*****g far

Actually gene editing was basically taboo in the USA until the last 5-6 years after someone died from one of the first trials in the late 1990s. Sure, there have been minor successes prior to this point but CRISPR itself was only realized for it's potential in gene editing in 2013. That basically puts the timeline for it going from a full-on concept to being used successfully in humans at under 10 years. There also is success with gene editing in the cancer field, you should do some research.

But look, I'm not the one arguing that gene editing is the holy grail for people on this site right now to magically get their hair back, because it's not. There will be other treatments and cures from other pathways like mRNA and even pure small molecules long before anyone is using gene editing to bring back their follicles or prevent balding. You don't need to permanently edit your genes to fix male pattern baldness, just control the expression of the genes that prevent your follicles from growing healthily, which can be accomplished from mRNA or specifically targeted antibodies.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How mRNA will help with balding? Do you mean use mRNA vaccines to insert instructions into cells to create HF or something like that? (if this is the case, the immune system may attack it?)
So rather than use mRNA to regenerate follicles you can use it to deliver a message to your dermal papillae cells and immune system (since these immune cells also contribute to wound regeneration) driving up growth factors. When you bald you don’t lose your follicles, they just shrink due to the loss of DP activity in the area. Maybe over decades fibrosis destroys the follicle but that’s a long process.

So mRNA can definitely train the body to heal its follicles by targeting DP cells. Look up microRNA and see what people are doing with that

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

As I said CRISPR has already been used to cure a rare genetic disease that causes blindness in people, so yes it is possible for actual cures to be made with it an in human already.

Of course it will require time to develop and tweak it accordingly for different diseases and applications but I believe it will happen definitely since more and more people are starting to use CRISPR.

I repeat:

In the first episode of the Netflix Docu-series called "Unnatural Selection" you will see how they used CRISPR to inject DNA found in the stem cell and embryo of mice into mice which were very old, towards the end of their life, hunch-backed (spinal bent just like how old humans sometimes get hunched-backs), slow moving/mobility deteriorated, their hair/coat looking old, etc

The result, was the mice that were injected with the DNA found in the embryo of mice, turned into a much more youthful mouse, NO hunch back, restored mobility to youthful days, sheek and young looking hair/coat, and it was said that the life span of the mouse was extended by approximately 30%.
Which is massive!

Basically the cells in the mouse were restored to a younger state, making it far more youthful. It was amazing. Like drinking from the fountain of youth.

If their able to do that to humans in some way they might not even need to know the exact molecule signals to turn on and off to target male pattern baldness specifically.

They have already done things like regrow limbs in insects, merge characteristics of different living creatures, like taking the DNA that makes a firefly glow and injecting it into a mouse/rat and it became a glow in the dark real life mouse.

The technology is there with CRISPR, the only thing that held them back was regulatory ethic boards preventing them from bio-engineering humans.

But since the breakthrough cure in humans for that optical disease recently using CRISPR, I believe there will be a lot more experimenting in human diseases using CRISPR, so yes there will be good things to come.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As I said CRISPR has already been used to cure a rare genetic disease that causes blindness in people, so yes it is possible for actual cures to be made with it an in human already.

Of course it will require time to develop and tweak it accordingly for different diseases and applications but I believe it will happen definitely since more and more people are starting to use CRISPR.

I repeat:

In the first episode of the Netflix Docu-series called "Unnatural Selection" you will see how they used CRISPR to inject DNA found in the stem cell and embryo of mice into mice which were very old, towards the end of their life, hunch-backed (spinal bent just like how old humans sometimes get hunched-backs), slow moving/mobility deteriorated, their hair/coat looking old, etc

Which is massive!

If their able to do that to humans in some way they might not even need to know the exact molecule signals to turn on and off to target male pattern baldness specifically.

They have already done things like regrow limbs in insects, merge characteristics of different living creatures, like taking the DNA that makes a firefly glow and injecting it into a mouse/rat and it became a glow in the dark real life mouse.

The technology is there with CRISPR, the only thing that held them back was regulatory ethic boards preventing them from bio-engineering humans.

But since the breakthrough cursounds very promising if crisp can be used in cosmetic surgerye in humans for that optical disease recently using CRISPR, I believe there will be a lot more experimenting in human diseases using CRISPR, so yes there will be good things to come.
sounds very promising , can we use crispr for cosmetic surgery, for example to change shape of the nose?

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
It's being used for people with many cancers, sickle cell anemia (40+ people cured from the trials to date), cystic fibrosis and many more to come in the short-term. It's not common like the vaccines but let's not pretend it's just a research concept anymore.
I will say this…. My son has severe hemophilia and CRISPR has been mentioned as a potential solution as they continue to test. I won’t touch gene editing for at least another 15 years. It sounds like a miracle but there are a lot of unknown risks for the time being.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sounds very promising , can we use crispr for cosmetic surgery, for example to change shape of the nose?
I'm not sure about that for adults, but changing the shape of a nose for an adult is already possible via Rhinoplasty which today's surgeons can do and have done for decades.

Maybe in the future it would be possible to find the exact DNA for certain shapes and sizes of noses but that is probably quite far away since it wouldn't be necessary to have attention in that specific area when Rhinoplasty can already do it.

Bio-engineered (Gene-Edited) "Designer" babies to have specific characteristics will be possible in the future when it is legally allowed to Gene Edit the embryo, to have specific heights, looks, eye color, hair colour, gender, etc, perfect health, no depression, strength, speed, etc.

If the ethical boards weren't so conservative it would have been experimented with already in humans, in the US.

I believe that even characteristics like increasing Height of a fully grown person would eventually be able to be changed using Gene Editing by changing the state of the body to a younger state to enable another growth phase, similar to like the experiment I mentioned with the mouse being brought back to a more youthful state by injecting it with the DNA found in the stem cells and embryo of mice.

Last edited:

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will say this…. My son has severe hemophilia and CRISPR has been mentioned as a potential solution as they continue to test. I won’t touch gene editing for at least another 15 years. It sounds like a miracle but there are a lot of unknown risks for the time being.
15 years might be excessive but that's fine, because your son also has current medication that is available to get his blood to clot if needed. Many people don't have a luxury of current medications to help them survive their illness/disease. These are the cases where CRISPR is being utilized right now, and rightfully so.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
15 years might be excessive but that's fine, because your son also has current medication that is available to get his blood to clot if needed. Many people don't have a luxury of current medications to help them survive their illness/disease. These are the cases where CRISPR is being utilized right now, and rightfully so.
Right if there isn’t something to bridge your current condition then this becomes your solution. In following gene editing with the virus vector that they use to CRISPR it’s clear that there are some real risks involved that potentially could come up potentially 10 years after use. For hair loss I just don’t see this as being urgent. My sons medicine is $500,000/year and that doesn’t include ER visits for brain bleeds if they happen. I see the urgency for cutting costs there.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Right if there isn’t something to bridge your current condition then this becomes your solution. In following gene editing with the virus vector that they use to CRISPR it’s clear that there are some real risks involved that potentially could come up potentially 10 years after use. For hair loss I just don’t see this as being urgent. My sons medicine is $500,000/year and that doesn’t include ER visits for brain bleeds if they happen. I see the urgency for cutting costs there.
Right but many of the people with CRISPR treatments from diseases like Sickle Cell or Cystic Fibrosis would be dead in 10 years without the treatment. While I think you're correct that the big thing they are looking for is off target affects, the reality is that none have really been found yet that would suggest that the cost-benefit of these treatments outweigh the benefits.

Viral vector's aren't really the problem for sides, they are just the tool that allows CRISPR to get into the body without immune rejection. The compounding consequences from the gene that was edited is where the sides would be. In cases like Sickle Cell, it's a monogenous point mutation that's entirely faulty. If no other genes are edited the risks theoretically should be very minimal.