I saw an 80 year old NW1 today :(

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
Tell me the fairness in that this man in his late 70's to early 80's has a completely full head of coarse NW1 hair, while I, a 21 year old woman starting to go bald at 20 has to fight every day to hold onto whatever strands I have left, and even that fails?

The CURE will always be 5-15 years away and if it comes in my lifetime I will be old anyway. This crap is eating my youth one day at a time, this should be the time of my life.

F*CK THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant over.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
But I bet he would swap that sweet *** hairline, to be your age in a heartbeat :)

But, what is youth worth, when you have no life cause you don't wanna go out anymore?
I'm actually still sexually active and with clever styling I can hide it but for how much longer?
I swear every time I have sex I think it's gonna be the last time.
A couple of days ago I had sex 5 times in a day (same guy ofc) and I wouldn't get enough cause I kept thinking "this is the last time!! this is the last time!!"
:( :( :(
I wanna be young and free, dammit.
I don't wanna live my life in a wig and fear, embarrassment and shame... At least not my youth.
If I had to get this why couldn't it wait a few years at least and let me have my 20's supposed prime time to myself.

verysad

Reaction score
i feel the same... given the choice he was young and bald i don't think he would be happy even with his youth like so many young man here
same here , youth is about getting all you want striking out in the world..
not living at home with androgenetic alopecia and botched nose job..
i do not give a damn if i am 50 years old. i will gladly wear a wig without complains.
same here young and free let my hair down..

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
i feel the same... given the choice he was young and bald i don't think he would be happy even with his youth like so many young man here
same here , youth is about getting all you want striking out in the world..
not living at home with androgenetic alopecia and botched nose job..
i do not give a damn if i am 50 years old. i will gladly wear a wig without complains.
same here young and free let my hair down..

Me too. Me too.
If I could even keep my hair till 35 I would be happy at this point. That is still way too young but at least I would have some years of normal life.
This should not be possible to happen to us.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
But, what is youth worth, when you have no life cause you don't wanna go out anymore?
I'm actually still sexually active and with clever styling I can hide it but for how much longer?
I swear every time I have sex I think it's gonna be the last time.
A couple of days ago I had sex 5 times in a day (same guy ofc) and I wouldn't get enough cause I kept thinking "this is the last time!! this is the last time!!"
:( :( :(
I wanna be young and free, dammit.
I don't wanna live my life in a wig and fear, embarrassment and shame... At least not my youth.
If I had to get this why couldn't it wait a few years at least and let me have my 20's supposed prime time to myself.

You said it there yourself; you described how much easier it is for women. You just "bang guys" like it's no big deal, even with obvious (?) balding. Yet normal looking balding guys like James_W and yours truly are desperate to even get ****ing laid. It truly is women's market out there, no way around it. Even whales get action 'cause you know, men are just that much more sexually proactive than women.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I think GHG and DoneWithIt should hook up. I don't think you guys live too far from each other. DoneWithIt, just think you would feel more secure with him because he understands you and he is "ripped" now. GHG, I hope you can handle 5 times in one day...................:)

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
You said it there yourself; you described how much easier it is for women. You just "bang guys" like it's no big deal, even with obvious (?) balding. Yet normal looking balding guys like James_W and yours truly are desperate to even get ****ing laid. It truly is women's market out there, no way around it. Even whales get action 'cause you know, men are just that much more sexually proactive than women.

I am visibly balding TO ME. To other people I cover it up but it gets harder with each week!!
To guys I look attractive still, but trust me it's going down fast and I don't think I will be getting any at that point.
Oh and don't think for a second women are not as into sex as guys.
We are not as open about is but most women have the same frequent sexual desires as men.
I cannot even handle the thought of being love deprived for even a month much less the rest of my LONG LIFE.
BTW were you suggesting that the guy I was with was desperate because he was with me? x)
- - - Updated - - -

I think GHG and DoneWithIt should hook up. I don't think you guys live too far from each other. DoneWithIt, just think you would feel more secure with him because he understands you and he is "ripped" now. GHG, I hope you can handle 5 times in one day...................:)

HAHAHA, I think neither of us are here to hook up.
We are here because we're both f'd, and not in the way we want to.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score

Haha you're funny. Not. Why did you have to make a jab at my other post where I told that Im in pretty decent shape? Well I guess I shouldnt bother... Internet bullies are kinda... "lame". That said, Ive never liked your online persona. Yes, you've always come off as that - An Internet persona instead of actual person.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Haha you're funny. Not. Why did you have to make a jab at my other post where I told that Im in pretty decent shape? Well I guess I shouldnt bother... Internet bullies are kinda... "lame". That said, Ive never liked your online persona. Yes, you've always come off as that - An Internet persona instead of actual person.
I was just joking GHG, but obviously I offended you so I am sorry. I forgot you are a very sensitive guy. My deepest apologies. And to be honest I am envious you are ripped. I don't have the discipline to get ripped because I find comfort in food.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
I was just joking GHG, but obviously I offended you so I am sorry. I forgot you are a very sensitive guy. My deepest apologies. And to be honest I am envious you are ripped. I don't have the discipline to get ripped because I find comfort in food.

What is "ripped" exactly?
Other than that DH I got your joke, and I think you are an interesting poster :)
The thing with this site is there are so many different personalities and characters, which makes it an interesting place to post as well.
Of course I'd give my right arm (no, literally) to not have a reason to be here or in any other hair loss forum or doing any kind of hair loss research or taking any kind of hair loss drugs (that don't work) but you get my point.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
What is "ripped" exactly?
Other than that DH I got your joke, and I think you are an interesting poster :)
The thing with this site is there are so many different personalities and characters, which makes it an interesting place to post as well.
Of course I'd give my right arm (no, literally) to not have a reason to be here or in any other hair loss forum or doing any kind of hair loss research or taking any kind of hair loss drugs (that don't work) but you get my point.
DoneWithIt, "ripped" means where you have good muscle definition and a six pack showing. Thanks for having a good sense of humor. Honestly, I enjoy reading your posts too and glad you are here even its under less desirable circumstances.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Gotta agree with ghg, a bald woman will find it much easier to get laid than a bald man. And a bald woman wearing a wig will still get laid. A bald man wearing a wig (or toupee...) will be a laughing stock. This isn't even the issue. What it's doing to your own sense of self worth is an issue though...

And my 86 year old grandfather is an NW1, and here's me, a 27 year old diffuse thinning NW2 :(

I guess I should be grateful for finasteride though, it stands a good chance of working for men, I might even get back to where I was a year ago, I'd be happy with that... Women don't have the option... (or do they? Any topical finasteride?).

verysad

Reaction score
Gotta agree with ghg, a bald woman will find it much easier to get laid than a bald man. And a bald woman wearing a wig will still get laid. A bald man wearing a wig (or toupee...) will be a laughing stock. This isn't even the issue. What it's doing to your own sense of self worth is an issue though...

And my 86 year old grandfather is an NW1, and here's me, a 27 year old diffuse thinning NW2 :(

I guess I should be grateful for finasteride though, it stands a good chance of working for men, I might even get back to where I was a year ago, I'd be happy with that... Women don't have the option... (or do they? Any topical finasteride?).

why do women think men have it easier balding while men think women have it easier? men too can wear wigs in fact men can shave work out and get women like pittbul and sasha lopez. have you ever seen a bald woman get as much men as pittbull do?

W_James

Reaction score
why do women think men have it easier balding while men think women have it easier? men too can wear wigs in fact men can shave work out and get women like pittbul and sasha lopez. have you ever seen a bald woman get as much men as pittbull do?

I work out and have a good body, 6 ft3 and ripped, and I have shaved my head many times before but I still wasn't able to get any women.

Pitbull is a really silly example. He has millions and millions of dollars, and fame. What about the other 99.9999% of balding men who don't have his level of fame and fortune?

One of my gym buddies looks a lot like pitbull except he's more buff and taller. So he's like an upgraded version of him sans the wealth and fame. His ex-wife was obese and when she filed for divorced he became suicidal.

verysad

Reaction score
I work out and have a good body, 6 ft3 and ripped, and I have shaved my head many times before but I still wasn't able to get any women.

Pitbull is a really silly example. He has millions and millions of dollars, and fame. What about the other 99.9999% of balding men who don't have his level of fame and fortune?

One of my gym buddies looks a lot like pitbull except he's more buff and taller. So he's like an upgraded version of him sans the wealth and fame. His ex-wife was obese and when she filed for divorced he became suicidal.

why are men around you always stuck with weird women? either obese or with Androgenetic Alopecia? ok anyway what i am saying women are not having better time than men when it comes to wigs.. it is funny you have a good body and height but unable to get women... maybe it is your way of approach? sometimes way of approach does matter.. pittbull not my type anyway... nothing to do with his hair..

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Take one baby aspirin a day, two if you're flying. In a month, you'll be cured.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score

Yup it's true. Even if she went bald and let herself go with weight, she would still have way more value in the dating market then the average male. That;s just the way it is and then she comes here craving attention(I mean there is a female section isn't it? So why always come here to talk about how much better we have it because we are guys "I'm a womanzzz, my pain is greater") and talking about wasted youth when she has a normal sex life and probably in general her life does not differ from the norm. Sure it must suck to be balding, hell we all know it firsthand(espacially those that have advanced hairloss) but that's life. Suddenly this section called Coping with MEN's hairloss turned into all about DoneWithIt...

And really stop using celebrities as examples. Try using an average balding guy in his teens/early twenties.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score

My paternal grandfather died at age 79 with thick black NW1 hair with a hint of grey. I started to diffuse bald at around 20 yrs old... talk about unfair. Maternal grandfather is to "blame" here, he was already NW3 at his wedding picture.

And of course you were joking, DoctorHouse. I get that. It's the way that you used quotations in the word "ripped" as to refer to and degrade my earlier post in another thread that pissed me off. It was intentional from you, that's for sure.