I saw an 80 year old NW1 today :(

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
Yup it's true. Even if she went bald and let herself go with weight, she would still have way more value in the dating market then the average male. That;s just the way it is and then she comes here craving attention(I mean there is a female section isn't it? So why always come here to talk about how much better we have it because we are guys "I'm a womanzzz, my pain is greater") and talking about wasted youth when she has a normal sex life and probably in general her life does not differ from the norm. Sure it must suck to be balding, hell we all know it firsthand(espacially those that have advanced hairloss) but that's life. Suddenly this section called Coping with MEN's hairloss turned into all about DoneWithIt...

And really stop using celebrities as examples. Try using an average balding guy in his teens/early twenties.

1. I'm not going to put on weight, have no appetite anyway so if anything I might become anorexic.
2. I'm not craving attention. Do you know how much I would give not to be here? Do you think it's my goal to "take over" a mens hair loss forum at the age of 21? Really? I am simply here because I have many thoughts around this and no one that understands to talk to about it. My doctors just up my anti depressant doses each time I come crying for help. Like that is gonna help me? I am sorry if I'm bothering you and I agree I come here too often nowadays but it's not like I have much else to do with my life right now. If my posting bothers you don't read them, or comment on them.
3. My sex life is normal at the moment but I don't see how much longer I can keep up the charade. Just like you worry about not being able to find a nice woman, I worry about not being able to find a nice man.
4. I'm not trying to make a point my pain is "so much greater" than yours, because pain is individual. A 30 year old balding man might be just as depressed if not worse than me, I never said that just because I am female my pain is bigger than all of yours. But in general you have to agree with me that balding IS worse for women, and again I'm talking IN GENERAL. At least balding is a masculine trait, so you guys don't lose your masculinity when you go bald. And again, I'm not saying a man can't feel as bad as a woman can, cause the level of pain is individual. But losing my hair to me is losing my femininity, because balding is associated with masculinity.

I'm tired of "fighting". Really if you guys want me to leave this an "all mens forum" I will do. I've specified this before but the very reason I post in the mens forum and not the women's forum is because there is pretty much no activity there. If I have questions no one really answers. Also I have male pattern hair loss so I kinda feel more related to the mens forum. But again I am not here to fight with people and defend myself because I happen to have a vagina (believe it or not).

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
4. I'm not trying to make a point my pain is "so much greater" than yours, because pain is individual. A 30 year old balding man might be just as depressed if not worse than me, I never said that just because I am female my pain is bigger than all of yours. But in general you have to agree with me that balding IS worse for women, and again I'm talking IN GENERAL. At least balding is a masculine trait, so you guys don't lose your masculinity when you go bald. And again, I'm not saying a man can't feel as bad as a woman can, cause the level of pain is individual. But losing my hair to me is losing my femininity, because balding is associated with masculinity.

Balding is not necessarily worse for women. Like mentioned a dozen times, at least they can wear a wig without any social stigma, vice versa, they're encouraged to. Whereas men WILL GET heavily ridiculed if someone found out that he's a wig wearer. So for men the only viable option is to suck it up, look like **** and try to be happy nevertheless. If you're 20-30 it's hard, I assume it would be easier to take if it had happened to me later on. I'd take my fathers balding over this any day, NW3ish (but thick) at the age of 50, now a diffuse NW3 at 66.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
Balding is not necessarily worse for women. Like mentioned a dozen times, at least they can wear a wig without any social stigma, vice versa, they're encouraged to. Whereas men WILL GET heavily ridiculed if someone found out that he's a wig wearer. So for men the only viable option is to suck it up, look like **** and try to be happy nevertheless. If you're 20-30 it's hard, I assume it would be easier to take if it had happened to me later on. I'd take my fathers balding over this any day, NW3ish (but thick) at the age of 50, now a diffuse NW3 at 66.

Okay guys, I give up. Balding can be equally hard for both genders with variations of how one takes it within each gender. The destructive process balding has on the mind can happen as hard to both genders. Discussion over.

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay guys, I give up. Balding can be equally hard for both genders with variations of how one takes it within each gender. The destructive process balding has on the mind can happen as hard to both genders. Discussion over.

Actually, DoneWithIt, I agreed with what you said originally that women have it harder. It sucks for a guy, but if we go to any public place with over a dozen guys, chances are we can find another guy with as much hair loss if not more than us. My luck with the opposite sex has increased as time has gone on and I've lost more hair. Heck, most women don't even notice my hair loss until I make a joke about it (I like to joke about it, having a bald spot at 27 is pretty ridiculous).

You don't have near the same number of women who are balding (especially at a young age), which makes it much worse from just that. Factor in that guys tend to be more shallow than girls when it comes to looks & society puts a ton of pressure on women to be beautiful, and that pretty much seals it. So, I definitely agree with you that women have it worse.

With all that said, if you are in shape, are attractive, and have a good personality (confident, flirty, funny, etc), then you'll be fine. You'll find a guy who isn't desperate and likes you for who you are, and I bet you won't have any trouble finding a guy like that.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually, DoneWithIt, I agreed with what you said originally that women have it harder. It sucks for a guy, but if we go to any public place with over a dozen guys, chances are we can find another guy with as much hair loss if not more than us. My luck with the opposite sex has increased as time has gone on and I've lost more hair. Heck, most women don't even notice my hair loss until I make a joke about it (I like to joke about it, having a bald spot at 27 is pretty ridiculous).

You don't have near the same number of women who are balding (especially at a young age), which makes it much worse from just that. Factor in that guys tend to be more shallow than girls when it comes to looks & society puts a ton of pressure on women to be beautiful, and that pretty much seals it. So, I definitely agree with you that women have it worse.

With all that said, if you are in shape, are attractive, and have a good personality (confident, flirty, funny, etc), then you'll be fine. You'll find a guy who isn't desperate and likes you for who you are, and I bet you won't have any trouble finding a guy like that.

Thanks badgenetics for the support but honestly I'm not gonna argue with these guys over who gender has it worse, I don't need to come here to argue just express my feelings. But I guess some feelings should not be expressed...

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks badgenetics for the support but honestly I'm not gonna argue with these guys over who gender has it worse, I don't need to come here to argue just express my feelings. But I guess some feelings should not be expressed...

You should keep expressing them. Yeah, some guys on here will feel the need to compete with you to prove they have it worse, but most of us will understand where you're coming from and will be supportive.

W_James

Reaction score
Balding is not necessarily worse for women. Like mentioned a dozen times, at least they can wear a wig without any social stigma, vice versa, they're encouraged to. Whereas men WILL GET heavily ridiculed if someone found out that he's a wig wearer.

That is true for two reasons. Number one, doing all that much to improve your physical appearance is considered feminine. Women can wear wigs, wear makeup, get botox and even get plastic surgery without getting much crap. Men are not allowed to do any of these things or anything else like that, it's "unmanly". Women still expect us to look good though, so we just have to look good naturally and without trying, or at least without it looking like we're trying.

Number two, it's politically incorrect to make fun of anything about a woman's looks but it's ok for anyone to make fun of a man's looks. If a man makes fun of a woman's looks, even if the woman is a complete b**ch, most of the time it won't go over well. You will instantly be seen as a huge douchebag by both the women and the men and a lot of the time they might insult you just for saying it. In the very least they will show you clear signs of disapproval. However, if you make fun of a man's looks nobody cares and they might even laugh. Women do get away with opening judging another woman's looks though, for the most part.

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps men get ridiculed for wearing a toupee (let's stop calling it a wig) because it's socially acceptable for them to be bald?

Can we stop trying to one-up DoneWithIt? She's coming here for support, not to hear why it's worse for dudes

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps men get ridiculed for wearing a toupee (let's stop calling it a wig) because it's socially acceptable for them to be bald?

Can we stop trying to one-up DoneWithIt? She's coming here for support, not to hear why it's worse for dudes

It wasn't my intention at all to put down DoneWithIt's problem with balding. It's just that she has tried to put down our (males) problem with balding all along by starting thread like "you guys are so vain". Anyway, I would be a happy camper if a wig would be an acceptable option for men... just another accessory like a hat or something. Folks with bad eyesight are allowed to wear glasses so they can see better. Why aren't we allowed to wear hair in order to look better?

I wrote another paragraph about the subject but it didn't translate well to english, so in order to keep everyone calm I decided not to post it. It's hard to try and translate your thoughts to another language that you aren't fluent in...

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
It wasn't my intention at all to put down DoneWithIt's problem with balding. It's just that she has tried to put down our (males) problem with balding all along by starting thread like "you guys are so vain". Anyway, I would be a happy camper if a wig would be an acceptable option for men... just another accessory like a hat or something. Folks with bad eyesight are allowed to wear glasses so they can see better. Why aren't we allowed to wear hair in order to look better?

I wrote another paragraph about the subject but it didn't translate well to english, so in order to keep everyone calm I decided not to post it. It's hard to try and translate your thoughts to another language that you aren't fluent in...

You ARE allowed to wear wigs toupees what ever its not like it is against the law no one is stopping you you just care what others think to much which is quite sad.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
You ARE allowed to wear wigs toupees what ever its not like it is against the law no one is stopping you you just care what others think to much which is quite sad.

Yeah I guess it's sad if you don't want to become a laughing stock for wearing a wig. Familiar with the term "social stigma"?

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Yeah I guess it's sad if you don't want to become a laughing stock for wearing a wig. Familiar with the term "social stigma"?

Yes i am i had it when i had hair but unlike yourself i ignore it and do my own thing weird huh?...so when ever someone takes the mick for what ever reason you do what they say to please them? you telling me THATS not sad?.

slipy

Reaction score
i wonder what's more embaressing going to a pharmacy on regular basis to buy osmotic laxatives because you have a colon disfunction or wearing a wig?

watcha gaiz think?

i know from personal experience the former feels rather embaressing. :/

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes i am i had it when i had hair but unlike yourself i ignore it and do my own thing weird huh?...so when ever someone takes the mick for what ever reason you do what they say to please them? you telling me THATS not sad?.

Why so aggressive? Just because you can do it doesn't mean everyone can. So, please, piss off.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Why so aggressive? Just because you can do it doesn't mean everyone can. So, please, piss off.

I'm not being aggressive all im pretty much trying to say is stop being societys b**ch and grow some balls and just do your thing if you want to wear a wig and you are comfortable with it then do it (aslong it is not fake looking and actually looks real and stays on your head etc)...i wouldnt wear one i dont like wigs etc but thats just me but i dont mind being bald so its all good regardless.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyway, I would be a happy camper if a wig would be an acceptable option for men... just another accessory like a hat or something. Folks with bad eyesight are allowed to wear glasses so they can see better. Why aren't we allowed to wear hair in order to look better?

It's not against the law to wear hair if it makes you happier. You feel like people look down on you for being bald but you also feel they'd look down on you with a wig, yet you would be "a happy camper" with a wig... I don't understand why you don't do it if it makes you happier. It's not like you need to wear a sign that says "I wear a wig" so everyone will know. If you wear a system maybe that will make you feel a bit more normal.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not against the law to wear hair if it makes you happier. You feel like people look down on you for being bald but you also feel they'd look down on you with a wig, yet you would be "a happy camper" with a wig... I don't understand why you don't do it if it makes you happier. It's not like you need to wear a sign that says "I wear a wig" so everyone will know. If you wear a system maybe that will make you feel a bit more normal.

How could you understand this, you're not a man. You just can't wear a wig with ppl knowing. Period. Just like you can't wear make-up no matter how much you wanted to (not that I'd want to).

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
How could you understand this, you're not a man. You just can't wear a wig with ppl knowing. Period. Just like you can't wear make-up no matter how much you wanted to (not that I'd want to).

I am curious, how do you know this? If my man had self esteem issues over hair loss and was happier with a piece, I'd prefer him wearing the piece. For me I don't wanna wear a wig because I'm afraid to look myself in the mirror, but you won't wear one cause of social stigma? Even if it could make you happier? That I don't get. Plus a lot of these hair pieces for men look completely real. But of course it's your choice but it's a lil sad...

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tell me the fairness in that this man in his late 70's to early 80's has a completely full head of coarse NW1 hair, while I, a 21 year old woman starting to go bald at 20 has to fight every day to hold onto whatever strands I have left, and even that fails?

The CURE will always be 5-15 years away and if it comes in my lifetime I will be old anyway. This crap is eating my youth one day at a time, this should be the time of my life.

F*CK THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant over.

Please, seriously you can wear a wig fine and get laid by a decent looking dude. The "average" middle income guy going bald does not have that luxury.

Let me ask would you date a Nor7 guy making like 50K a year? Like a full on Hogan minus the muscles..... maybe the mustache?'

Also I wouldnt ever use the word fair because my parents made a strong point to enforce the world is not "fair"

You can say it sucks or you hate it or even hate that guy but then maybe he has some inner issue like agonizing colon cancer.