I Just Dumped Two Bottles Of Ru58841

Tinkwetax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last night I had one of the most terrifying experiences of my life.

I've been using RU58841 for two weeks now. The first week of applications went fine, no side effects. But in the last couple of days I started to feel a slight strain on my chest. Last night I woke up because it felt like my heart was going to burst through my chest. It could hear in ringing in my ears. It was beating rapidly and my left leg was also flinching uncontrollably. I was drenched in sweat. I had to wake up my roommate at 3am because I seriously thought I was done for.

Has anyone experienced anything like this while taking RU58841? My dosage has only been 50mg per day. I'll never use this stuff again. My hair isn't worth what happened to me last night.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

I've been using RU58841 for two weeks now. The first week of applications went fine, no side effects. But in the last couple of days I started to feel a slight strain on my chest. Last night I woke up because it felt like my heart was going to burst through my chest. It could hear in ringing in my ears. It was beating rapidly and my left leg was also flinching uncontrollably. I was drenched in sweat. I had to wake up my roommate at 3am because I seriously thought I was done for.

Has anyone experienced anything like this while taking RU58841? My dosage has only been 50mg per day. I'll never use this stuff again. My hair isn't worth what happened to me last night.
Are you on finasteride too?

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had chest pain after a day or two. If you look at the possible side effects of RU you'll see that chest pain is a prominent one.

Tinkwetax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had chest pain after a day or two. If you look at the possible side effects of RU you'll see that chest pain is a prominent one.

Did you continue using it? Did you get any results?

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score

I had the same experience with RU. Whats ironic is I am currently having similar experience with CB. I'm literally laying in bed now at 1:12 pm becasue my chest wont stop hurting. I look and feel exhausted. Not touching this sheet again.

jazz1

Reaction score
That’s not good, maybe your using too much..........

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you continue using it? Did you get any results?

I stopped using it immediately. I still recall the pain... it was akin to having someone sitting on my chest.

I had the same experience with RU. Whats ironic is I am currently having similar experience with CB. I'm literally laying in bed now at 1:12 pm becasue my chest wont stop hurting. I look and feel exhausted. Not touching this sheet again.

What vehicle were you using?

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I've read over the years of some similar experiences.

el_duterino

Reaction score
I would not mix RU and finasteride , only use either of the two. With finasteride you have already unnaturally low DHT and RU has the ability to block the rest of the DHT systemically as well, not only at the scalp, this may be dangerous. Plus RU may have other hidden side effects we don't know of as it has never been fully tested in humans

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Recently tried RU for about a month. It might have been helping reduce shedding by very little but nothing significant. I don't recall any noticeable side effects. I was using the powder by Anageninc and I was using up to 75 mgs./day. Stopped using because nothing seems to be giving satisfactory results so I've made the decision to go all out and try oral bicalutamide. If that doesn't work (been using for a week and no results yet) I'll probably go back to RU. Not sure if it can really lead to a heart attack, but in all honesty I'd gladly drop dead rather than go bald.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My body has never been the same since trying minoxidil, RU and all these others products. Personally i think its the immune system. it finds a change in your body chemistry that its desperately is trying to fix and ends up wreaking havoc on your body. like an autoimmune response. thats the only thing i been able to figure out.

My body has become sensitive to caffeine and adrenaline and my scalp has become so sensitive. not that any of these hairloss products like finasteride or minoxidil helped. if anything my body was probably fighting back against them and now its on perminante defence.

Last edited:

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel the same. I think I over reacted to a Telogen Effluvium and doctors told to start minoxidil... since then has only gotten worse, added Finasteride worse, and I enemy from being crazy healthy to a f*****g mess physically and mentally in like 2 years.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel the same. I think I over reacted to a Telogen Effluvium and doctors told to start minoxidil... since then has only gotten worse, added Finasteride worse, and I enemy from being crazy healthy to a f*****g mess physically and mentally in like 2 years.
These chemical are not for everyone.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't experienced any chest pain. I'm at around 3.5 months on RU58841. The first 2 months were with premixed and then been mixing my own since. I don't take finasteride as regularly, using 1mg every 2 to 3 days. The days I take it I feel like I have less energy. I was on 10mg oral minoxidil, but halted that since I'm on topical now and don't see a point in double dipping unless I don't see my desired results within the 9 month mark that I'm giving it.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I remember using Lipogain (minoxidil) sensitive for a few weeks. i started getting chest pains and a rapid heartbeat. so i ended up going to the hospital because i was extremely worried. they did some tests and couldn't figure out why my heartbeat was irregular. so i decided to try stopping the Lipogain and after a few days i felt much better.

You kinda assume that since it works fine for others that its not responsible. so it didn't really hit me that it was the Lipogain till abit later.

I did try RU for a period and i don't remember getting chest pains from it. but i do remember my scalp got really itchy in the thinning areas. which i sorta wonder whether RU was part to blame for my sensitive scalp. along with spironolactone.

Pixie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I responded to another RU chest pain thread a few months ago. I haven't posted since then because the HairLossTalk.com forums weren't loading on my phone and even looking at hair loss related stuff gave me EXTREME anxiety. The symptoms I got made me afraid I was going to die.

-chest/back pain (sharp, and at its peak, extended to my arms)
-bad shortness of breath (felt like I couldnt get a satisfying breath of air)
-strange tastes in my mouth (sweet, bitter, metallic)
-lethargy and weakness (especially shoulders)
-cold hands and feet
-night sweats
-loss of appetite
-acid reflux
-high BP

My regimen was
-Chemdelights 50mg RU/ 50mg minoxidil pre-mix 2x day
-peptidepros dutasteride 0.25mg ed

First I dropped the dutasteride because I thought I was just getting anxiety, but the symptoms persisted. Eventually I saw the thread where another user had NEAR IDENTICAL symptoms to mine and dropped RU. The symptoms persisted for months after that, sloooooowly improving over time. Only this week has the chest pain and breathing gotten better. I feel 99% normal again. What's more alarming was that my gf, who I share a bed with also got the same breathing symptoms I did. She didn't get any of the other symptoms as far as I know. (Also, it wasn't covid. I got tested during the peak of my symptoms)

Last time I spoke about RU, I said I didn't want to FUD a treatment that otherwise gave me great results, but this stuff can be very dangerous, and in my time off I saw two other posters from BTT talk about getting similar sides. These past few months have been a nightmare. I've been in and out of the doctors office, not sure what was wrong with me, assuming the worst the entire time. It just wasn't worth it. Stay far away from RU.

EDIT:

I'd gladly drop dead rather than go bald.
Yeah I thought so too until it almost happened. Love your life and appreciate what you have. Consider a hair system.

Last edited:

jazz1

Reaction score
I pray one day soon we have a CURE treatment that who hold our hair the entire lifetime without any side effects. I agree the options for hair systems and transplants these days is amazing, I have seen people wear a system in real life and you can not tell........