I feel like people don't understand incels

Moro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why? Just because Im unlucky and life wants to see me suffer ?
I'm hoping that my hair loss is fixable, and everyone else's too.

But how long can the fix last for?
What if there are complications for taking finasteride / monoxydil? Like developing an alergic reaction to it later on?

Moro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i dint have to quiz, because we dont have any issues except money (true japanese style)... but even that isnt too serious, because there isnt much that can be done about it atm...
Sounds like you won the lottery.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm hoping that my hair loss is fixable, and everyone else's too.

But how long can the fix last for?
What if there are complications for taking finasteride / monoxydil? Like developing an alergic reaction to it later on?
The side effects of finasteride aren't really allergic reactions. It's usually ED or gyno. It's uncommon but it can happen.

The treatment will help keep your hair. How long depends on how you respond to treatment.

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
The side effects of finasteride aren't really allergic reactions. It's usually ED or gyno. It's uncommon but it can happen.

The treatment will help keep your hair. How long depends on how you respond to treatment.
Cope

Moro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Meaning that the treatment today might not work tomorrow? Then that guy has a point when he says that you have to be quick about finding someone.

I actually asked my dermatologist about something similar, I was worried it would cause infertility. He said it was a myth and explained how the drugs work. It doesn't shut off your testosterone, as I feared, but blocks the damaging part of it.

Moro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you just shouldnt start dating someone head over heels and should have some kind of people reading skills...
I should date someone I'm not attracted to? There's no clear path to securing a date in the first place.

lol "People reading" and "body language" is a myth.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Meaning that the treatment today might not work tomorrow? Then that guy has a point when he says that you have to be quick about finding someone.

I actually asked my dermatologist about something similar, I was worried it would cause infertility. He said it was a myth and explained how the drugs work. It doesn't shut off your testosterone, as I feared, but blocks the damaging part of it.
I mean, the efficacy long term is good for most people, especially if you start early. We are looking at 10 - 20 years of prevention. At some point you will hit an age where hair loss won't matter at all because you'll just be too old. Even with hair, men hit the wall too. It's just that balding is you aging very poorly.

Moro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, the efficacy long term is good for most people, especially if you start early. We are looking at 10 - 20 years of prevention. At some point you will hit an age where hair loss won't matter at all because you'll just be too old. Even with hair, men hit the wall too. It's just that balding is you aging very poorly.
Hmm. The understanding I got from my dermatologist is a little different to this. That age wasn't a factor. Perhaps there's a different form of hair loss that's age related, separate to my circumstance.

I'll ask him about it during my next visit.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm. The understanding I got from my dermatologist is a little different to this. That age wasn't a factor. Perhaps there's a different form of hair loss that's age related, separate to my circumstance.

I'll ask him about it during my next visit.
The older you get the more sensitive your hair is to dht. Lowering dht with finasteride mitigates its effects in miniaturization, but at some point that remaining 30-40% of dht in the scalp is going to be enough to continue miniaturization.

From my experience, dermatologist know very little about hair loss. One dermatologist told me rogaine blocks dht. No it doesn't, it's only a growth stimulant that can reverse miniaturization but eventually dht will damage the hair long enough to render minoxidil useless.

Moro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The older you get the more sensitive your hair is to dht. Lowering dht with finasteride mitigates its effects in miniaturization, but at some point that remaining 30-40% of dht in the scalp is going to be enough to continue miniaturization.

From my experience, dermatologist know very little about hair loss. One dermatologist told me rogaine blocks dht. No it doesn't, it's only a growth stimulant that can reverse miniaturization but eventually dht will damage the hair long enough to render minoxidil useless.
Hair loss falls under dermatology though. I don't think it's that accurate to say they don't know because one dermatologist wasn't up to date on one over the counter product.

The dermatologist I was referred to has a lot of experience with hair loss. He didn't mention a time frame, just that if the medication was applicable; I would have to keep taking them, else it would revert back to what it was going to be.

If it was age related we wouldn't see old men with full heads of hair.

Last edited:

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair loss falls under dermatology though. I don't think it's that accurate to say they don't know because one dermatologist wasn't up to date on one over the counter product.

The dermatologist I was referred to has a lot of experience with hair loss. He didn't mention a time frame, just that if the medication was applicable; I would have to keep taking them, else it would revert back to what it was going to be.

If it was age related we wouldn't see old men with full heads of hair.
Not everyone has balding genes that's why some old men have hair. Your odds of losing hair increase with age however.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah, ok, genetics is a little different to age. You'll confuse a lot of people if you describe that as age.
The factors for hair loss is dht levels, age, and genetics. A person who expresses balding genes will at some point experience hair loss. Age of onset varys with everyone. The hair itself will have some level of sensitivity to androgens based on genes and generally speaking, the older you are the more sensitive the hair is. What makes finasteride work is it lowers dht levels to prevent miniaturization. The opposite of this would be using dht patches or steroid cycles.

Moro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The factors for hair loss is dht levels, age, and genetics. A person who expresses balding genes will at some point experience hair loss. Age of onset varys with everyone. The hair itself will have some level of sensitivity to androgens based on genes and generally speaking, the older you are the more sensitive the hair is. What makes finasteride work is it lowers dht levels to prevent miniaturization. The opposite of this would be using dht patches or steroid cycles.
Right, and that form is attributed to genetics. Age factors in but isn't the cause.

This might be why misinformed people say "Oh, hair loss is just old age" even to young people.

Moro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

He said (my dermatologist) that it's not that age reduces the efficacy of the drugs, but that testosterone levels slowly decline as we age. Usually in our 60s and with the earliest being in the 50s.

So, yeah, 10 to 20 years sounds about right.

What I don't get, is... Wasn't the genetic one caused BY a part of testosterone? Rather than a lack of it?
I should have asked him...

Moro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys?
Someone trying to convince me to go back to the horror known as dating apps claimed that he met with 200 women over a period of 6 years.

So, that's roughly a different person every 11 days.

Is that normal or common? Or does it sound like a bit of a fib.

Young&thinning

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys?
Someone trying to convince me to go back to the horror known as dating apps claimed that he met with 200 women over a period of 6 years.

So, that's roughly a different person every 11 days.

Is that normal or common? Or does it sound like a bit of a fib.
100% bullshit