I Dropped From 2x/day minoxidil. To 1x/day And Lost Gains

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm freaking out. I decided to drop from 2x/day to only once. I feel like sh*t now, I took some pics and I can see loss of gains.

Anyone here that can advise me on what to do? I'm srsly thinking about getting propecia now but I'm only 18 so I'm not sure..

Please, anyone. Thanks

Forgot to add: The loss isn't huge, it is quite minor. But it certainly does not look like my hair has improved ever since I decided to drop down...

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
You make a gamble when you change up a regimen you are responding positively to.

At this point I don't think I would ever lessen up on anything in mine unless I was adding something else I had good reason to believe would offer more of a benefit

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, I would recommend finasteride. That may not fix your diminished gains but it should slow/prevent further loss and let minoxidil do its thing alot better than using alone. Whether you want to switch back to 2x a day is up to you, but I would ride out this shed first before doing that as you could potentially make things worse in the short term.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
@kj6723 I decided to drop from twice to once because the oil is so unmanageable I can really only go out with a beanie if I apply it in the morning..
@AnxiousAndy @itchymadscalp I want to jump on finasteride guys, I really do. But at 18 I feel like I still have development going on..

This is the main difference I saw

Feb. 22: https://imgur.com/a/10QRd
Today: https://imgur.com/a/2Hwxx

Opinions?

Thanks alot for your answers guys

thinman93

My Regimen
Reaction score
thinned out but I only apply it once a day too at night because it screws with my hair if i do it in the morning.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys please have a look at the pics I posted above. Someone mentioned that the vellus hairs might've become terminal, do you guys think that is true?

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
What I forgot to mention wass that I didn't completely stop using it 2x day. What I did was instead of applying it before college (8am), I applied it when I got home (5pm) and then once more at around 12:00 am.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
@kj6723 I decided to drop from twice to once because the oil is so unmanageable I can really only go out with a beanie if I apply it in the morning..

Use minoxidil foam in the morning. It dries hella fast. You can keep using the liquid at night or when you won't be leaving the house

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Use minoxidil foam in the morning. It dries hella fast. You can keep using the liquid at night or when you won't be leaving the house

Won't that cause a second shedding? Like the first initial minoxidil shed. Also could you have a look at the pics I linked earlier? Someone mentioned that the vellus hairs might've become terminal, do you think that is true?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys please have a look at the pics I posted above. Someone mentioned that the vellus hairs might've become terminal, do you guys think that is true?
I don't see any pics

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I experienced the same thing when I went to once per day of minoxidil. Lost alot gains. Minoxidil is dose dependent as Dr Lee back in the day proved. However, the higher the dose the more sides you might get. Twice per day for some might work alot than better than once per day. It varies case by case.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
I experienced the same thing when I went to once per day of minoxidil. Lost alot gains. Minoxidil is dose dependent as Dr Lee back in the day proved. However, the higher the dose the more sides you might get. Twice per day for some might work alot than better than once per day. It varies case by case.

What do you reckon I should do from here? I'm thinking about changing it to 2x/day but once with foam and once with topical solution. Thoughts?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
What do you reckon I should do from here? I'm thinking about changing it to 2x/day but once with foam and once with topical solution. Thoughts?
Stick with twice per day. Foam during the day, liquid at night. Or foam twice per day. Lipogaine sensitive scalp liquid minoxidil dries fast and will not affect your hair cosmetically.