I Did A Buzz No Guard For The First Time...

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been contemplating this for quite a while. Always wanted to see what it would look like. I know a lot of guys either with receding temples or diffuse thinning must have wondered at one time or another 'perhaps I'd look better with a shaved had?'. Have you ever held a hair trimmer close to your face and thought to yourself let's just f*****g do it? Well here's what happened, let the pictures do the talking. Keep in mind, I'm 32.

A few pics from a few months ago before I shaved my beard:
P60910-083147.jpg P60908-062224.jpg P60906-203113.jpg

A few pics from recent months after shaving the beard off:
P70203-090422.jpg P60918-181319.jpg

Then a day before buzzcutting... :
P70209-202313.jpg

And now (*cringe*):
P70212-164135.jpg P70212-164323.jpg

So yeah... being white without a tan, acne flaring up, buzzcut no guard, not even some stubble, I feel generic at best, if even that. Not a single compliment but instead my friends are having a laugh on my expense, and telling me "what the hell have you done?", even my mother said I look really ugly now. Honestly I feel fine and I don't really mind, and I'm sure that with some stubble or a beard it'd look better. I'm curious as to what kind of reactions I'll get from people and women, so I'll have to update later on. My only complaint for now is that the scalp gets cold so easily and I've been a hat/beenie wearer.

But of course, "just shave it bro", right?

Last edited:

Baldhurts

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been contemplating this for quite a while. Always wanted to see what it would look like. I know a lot of guys either with receding temples or diffuse thinning must have wondered at one time or another 'perhaps I'd look better with a shaved had?'. Have you ever held a hair trimmer close to your face and thought to yourself let's just f*****g do it? Well here's what happened, let the pictures do the talking. Keep in mind, I'm 32.

33458-37389d8ee11ffb8475d0f635b7937cbb.jpg
33459-d70f228db0c9335874651462564026a2.jpg
33460-dd4503faab56a12f4bf20e2df4821dcc.jpg

:

33463-681598249fade838c4496dbf9b125558.jpg
33462-d6632d73dd7ac05b384502da86ad27a3.jpg

33464-50428b380840f5557a8e7ac7b9bf8f9c.jpg

And now (*cringe*):
33465-7a20446dd4f34a6ce7dc3e2ecd13a7c7.jpg
33466-3f836c3bc6a2adbd3625284c7373bee0.jpg

So yeah... being white without a tan, acne flaring up, buzzcut no guard, not even some stubble, I feel generic at best, if even that. Not a single compliment but instead my friends are having a laugh on my expense, and telling me "what the hell have you done?", even my mother said I look really ugly now. Honestly I feel fine and I don't really mind, and I'm sure that with some stubble or a beard it'd look better. I'm curious as to what kind of reactions I'll get from people and women, so I'll have to update later on. My only complaint for now is that the scalp gets cold so easily and I've been a hat/beenie wearer.

I have the same haircut as you. I do good with it. You look pretty good with it. So I agree with just shave it bro theory.

-baldhurts approved.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
I prescribe you rhino.

We look almost same from the profile and got same genes for eyebrows

This beard length is GOAT

No way you look ugly (only nose).

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the same haircut as you. I do good with it. You look pretty good with it. So I agree with just shave it bro theory.

-baldhurts approved.

Thanks bro. I actually saw a few of your pics as well, you look pretty aesthetic and the buzzcut suits you. I should probably try get some tan.
Just realized we have very similar hgt/wgt stas although I'm nowhere close to being as lean as you are.

Baldhurts

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
[
Thanks bro. I actually saw a few of your pics as well, you look pretty aesthetic and the buzzcut suits you. I should probably try get some tan.
Just realized we have very similar hgt/wgt stas although I'm nowhere close to being as lean as you are.

Get on melanotan 2. Enjoy tan of the gods.

IMG_0043.JPG

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you would look better with some of your beard back to be honest. Also your hair loss looks very minor to me?

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've got a few questions:

-You look like a fullhead - why did you shave it??

-Why did you cut the beard off? (the only thing that makes bald look good)

But just to add: you look fine - you could do with a beard and a tan but you look ok. In fact, your relatively attractive.

Side note: if you insist on having no beard then start dermarolling those acne scars - it works for me and it has worked for thousands of others

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Provided that I hate hipster beards like the one you had before...
You look much better with the buzz cut, I don't know why.
Probably because your hair loss is very limited.
I would stick to the new haircut.
PS: you are the one who took oral minoxidil? for this little hair loss?

Baldhurts

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

But just to add: you look fine - you could do with a beard and a tan but you look ok. In fact, your relatively attractive.

Side note: if you insist on having no beard then start dermarolling those acne scars - it works for me and it has worked for thousands of others

Beards only look good to cover up a weak lower third. If you have an angular face and a strong jawline you don't want to cover that up.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

33458-37389d8ee11ffb8475d0f635b7937cbb.jpg
33459-d70f228db0c9335874651462564026a2.jpg
33460-dd4503faab56a12f4bf20e2df4821dcc.jpg

:

33463-681598249fade838c4496dbf9b125558.jpg
33462-d6632d73dd7ac05b384502da86ad27a3.jpg

And now (*cringe*):
33465-7a20446dd4f34a6ce7dc3e2ecd13a7c7.jpg
33466-3f836c3bc6a2adbd3625284c7373bee0.jpg

Does not look too bad but your 3rd photo looks the best. I would get back to that level.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I already have the stuff so I'm going to use it. Aesthetics will go up ten fold with a good tan.
Lol are you prone to moles?

Just go careful and be vigilant over changes. If you start developing moles then stop taking it asap.

Baldhurts

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol are you prone to moles?

Just go careful and be vigilant over changes. If you start developing moles then stop taking it asap.

I have no moles on my body at all, so who knows what will happen. I have nothing to lose at this point.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[

Get on melanotan 2. Enjoy tan of the gods.

View attachment 48820

I actually contemplated using melanotan 2 once and started reading about it and freaked out a bit the moles. I might give it a try very much later on.

I think you would look better with some of your beard back to be honest. Also your hair loss looks very minor to me?

Thanks guys, but I'm not remotely close to a fullhead, I was using Toppik every single day for a year and a half until a month ago when I decided to quit entirely. I will post pics at the bottom of this post to show. Finasteride + minoxidil plus other various supplements (doubt if they supps did much tho) eventually helped me get my hair to where I felt confident to not use a concealer anymore and there only a bit of visible thinning. One 'trick' that helped my hair in terms of visual appearance is natural black henna dye, it colored my hair to a stronger black than it naturally is and it helped all the vellus and thinner lifeless hairs look more alive, and the dye would stay quite good for over a month, I only discovered about the henna a few months ago tho.

Oh lawd, don't remind me about the bring please... It was a very irrational split second decision, I was cleaning up my cheekline with a straight razor and all of the sudden I got this urge to destroy, it felt like a demon took me over, in one swift stroke from the top of my cheekline down the jawline and 11 months of beard growing and pampering were over. I didn't have the patience to grow it again so I'd just keep some stubble and that's it. On the plus side, I actually got much better attention from women without the beard, and it was a relief being able to not pick out food crumbs out of the beard.

I buzzcut my head cuz I stopped all my hair treatment due to me not feeling very well since a few months ago, I don't wanna get into that here but the thread's over here. I'm not gonna resume any hair loss meds or any supps altogether till I get better and I will most likely have to take meds for anxiety/depression soon enough. I noticed starting to lose ground on my hair so I thought was the heck let's give the buzzcut a try.

Pics from June 2016 (2 months into propecia), my hair was looking worse than ever
front.png front2.png left.png top.png right.png

Pis from October 2016, 6 months propecia + 3 months minoxidil:
P61015-112443.jpg P61015-112346.jpg P61015-112249.jpg P61015-112240.jpg

Then in December my hair looked better than ever that I felt like using Toppik was not really all that necessary and I'd rather have some thinning areas but not use that sh*t anymore. I'm sorry tho that I didn't take pics from December, but even my family all mentioned my hair's looking pretty good. Then around mid December I started not feeling well and it's been a roller coaster and I dropped meds usage to maybe twice a week at most and then altogether quit everything for a month.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I prescribe you rhino.

We look almost same from the profile and got same genes for eyebrows

This beard length is GOAT

No way you look ugly (only nose).

Cheers for making my day, you had me laughing in real life. Ever since I was a kid I wanted to get a rhino but it just felt wrong to do it as a dude. Wouldn't it be weird if all the people that know suddenly see you with a different nose? The nose is from my father's side of the family and I know his sister got a rhino and surprisingly it looks much better afterwards. Maybe buckthorn can give me a discount and I'll get a rhino in his garage, heard he's good with tools.

First off, doesn't look that bad with a buzz cut. Second, you have ridiculous donor area and you could very easily fix your front recession with an FUE transplant. That would make you forget about hairloss altogether.

On a side note, yes you should get a tan and grow back some of the stubble like you had before (not the full beard, which looks a bit ridiculous). As far as the nose, well, you should fix it as well - rhinoplasty is pretty cheap nowadays. Do these things and you will look like a completely different person.

That's actually some good advice there bro. Would you say FUE would be appropriate for my hair loss type? You can see more pics in the post just above it I showed some pics from June and October 2016. Also, I'm not on any treatment but hopefully I'll get better soon and starting resume treatment, but at my current stage I'd rather just be able to function normally.
I was actually gonna go with a friend and get a tan a while back when I was still feeling fine but now I couldn't care less about it. Well, it seems like you're the second person to recommend a rhinoplasty and it's something I always wanted but thought would be weird to do as a guy. Thanks for your advice, hopefully in a couple of months I could come back here looking different :)

Provided that I hate hipster beards like the one you had before...
You look much better with the buzz cut, I don't know why.
Probably because your hair loss is very limited.
I would stick to the new haircut.
PS: you are the one who took oral minoxidil? for this little hair loss?

Wow, really? Thanks. You're the first person to tell me that. I mentioned in my previous posts that I used Toppik for a year and half so my pictures are not reflecting the real hair loss, but luckily I managed to quit using concealers altogether a month ago. If you have time, check out a few posts above that I posted, you can see pictures of what my hair loss was really like.
Yes I took oral minoxidil for an extremely short period, maybe a week altogether, at the time my hair wasn't looking good at all... I would never touch that again.

Does not look too bad but your 3rd photo looks the best. I would get back to that level.

Alrighty thanks :)

why did you shave exactly ? your hair looked almost perfect ! nobody would say you are balding .

Hey michel, if you look at my post above you can see I am definitely balding. I am now also off meds, but my hair looked its best around December-January 2016 that I didn't need to use a concealer anymore.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers for making my day, you had me laughing in real life. Ever since I was a kid I wanted to get a rhino but it just felt wrong to do it as a dude. Wouldn't it be weird if all the people that know suddenly see you with a different nose? The nose is from my father's side of the family and I know his sister got a rhino and surprisingly it looks much better afterwards. Maybe buckthorn can give me a discount and I'll get a rhino in his garage, heard he's good with tools.

That's actually some good advice there bro. Would you say FUE would be appropriate for my hair loss type? You can see more pics in the post just above it I showed some pics from June and October 2016. Also, I'm not on any treatment but hopefully I'll get better soon and starting resume treatment, but at my current stage I'd rather just be able to function normally.
I was actually gonna go with a friend and get a tan a while back when I was still feeling fine but now I couldn't care less about it. Well, it seems like you're the second person to recommend a rhinoplasty and it's something I always wanted but thought would be weird to do as a guy. Thanks for your advice, hopefully in a couple of months I could come back here looking different :)

Wow, really? Thanks. You're the first person to tell me that. I mentioned in my previous posts that I used Toppik for a year and half so my pictures are not reflecting the real hair loss, but luckily I managed to quit using concealers altogether a month ago. If you have time, check out a few posts above that I posted, you can see pictures of what my hair loss was really like.
Yes I took oral minoxidil for an extremely short period, maybe a week altogether, at the time my hair wasn't looking good at all... I would never touch that again.

Alrighty thanks :)

Hey michel, if you look at my post above you can see I am definitely balding. I am now also off meds, but my hair looked its best around December-January 2016 that I didn't need to use a concealer anymore.
People like you bro. Everybody here does at least. Things will get better for you. You need a vacation!

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 48810 View attachment 48811 View attachment 48812

View attachment 48815 View attachment 48814

View attachment 48816

And now (*cringe*):
View attachment 48817 View attachment 48818

You still have great density. Why buzz it?

When I saw your pics i was shocked. You are your avatar.