I Am Actually Regrowing My Hair + Hairline Without Min Or finasteride (mechanical Stimulation)

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
woooooow, it looks really amazing
do you think that it is the result of dermaroller?
when i read some articles about hair loss, there are so many written about that if hair does not grow anymore it means that follicles are dead but, man, you really break that opinion and i am really happy about that :D:D
Yeah it's most likely a result from the dermaroller, I remember when I first started rolling with a 1.5mm I was seeing baby terminal hairs forming by the week. The whole thing about once a follicle is dead is dead is actually just a myth, there are numerous cases where people have grown hair in slick bald areas of the scalp, it's just a lot harder. There are even cases of older men growing hair in areas that have been bald for decades. In theory the majority of people should be able to have a full recovery.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you please describe your full regemin in detail? If you have already done do, please tell me the page #?..do you dermaroll hairline only? Thank you good work.
I mean the very first post basically goes over my regime in detail, there are some additional things scattered throughout the pages unless there is something specific you need to know. I tend to focus rolling on my temples the most but I still roll other areas but mainly just the top of the scalp and crown. I rarely ever roll the sides.

JonnyGo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it's most likely a result from the dermaroller, I remember when I first started rolling with a 1.5mm I was seeing baby terminal hairs forming by the week. The whole thing about once a follicle is dead is dead is actually just a myth, there are numerous cases where people have grown hair in slick bald areas of the scalp, it's just a lot harder. There are even cases of older men growing hair in areas that have been bald for decades. In theory the majority of people should be able to have a full recovery.
Congrats man! I’ve been dermarolling for almost 2 months but I see no difference whatsoever. If anything my hair has gotten worse:(

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats man! I’ve been dermarolling for almost 2 months but I see no difference whatsoever. If anything my hair has gotten worse:(

you need minoxidil. I have serious doubts of the efficacy of dermaneedling on its own. But along with finasteride or minoxidil it seems to just trigger insane regrowth.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you need minoxidil. I have serious doubts of the efficacy of dermaneedling on its own. But along with finasteride or minoxidil it seems to just trigger insane regrowth.
I was seeing regrowth with microneedling before even adding finasteride which is also supported by this study.
Microneedling alone was found to be more effective Minoxidil alone
Regrowth 24weeks:
Minoxidil only 18.8/cm2
Microneedling 23.4/cm2
Microneedling + Min 38.3/cm2

That said if he's having no regrowth and wants to up his chances minoxidil could be a good addition, I was seeing new hairs by the week when I started microneedling 1.5mm alone so I'm unsure whether to recommend people to wait for results before adding something else since the results were visible quite quickly for me when taking closeups.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was seeing regrowth with microneedling before even adding finasteride which is also supported by this study.
Microneedling alone was found to be more effective Minoxidil alone
Regrowth 24weeks:
Minoxidil only 18.8/cm2
Microneedling 23.4/cm2
Microneedling + Min 38.3/cm2

That said if he's having no regrowth and wants to up his chances minoxidil could be a good addition, I was seeing new hairs by the week when I started microneedling 1.5mm alone so I'm unsure whether to recommend people to wait for results before adding something else since the results were visible quite quickly for me when taking closeups.

How much does it hurt on the hairline?

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How much does it hurt on the hairline?
The hairline and crown barely hurt much at all, the parts that hurt are within the hairline. If you're worried about pain just roll lightly first, your body will release a natural painkiller and make your scalp numb.

Ayr9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@MyThinningConfidence Hey I was good going with scalp massages and I was very happy as it reduced my hair fall..But 1week ago i stopped massaging my scalp for 2-3days straight and after that I started agin but from that day of starting I am experiencing huge shed till now...I am losing 90% terminal thick hairs with 10% miniaturised hairs..10-15 hairs falling out during that 20mins time of massaging and all of them are terminal ones...What do you think about this shedding???

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@MyThinningConfidence Hey I was good going with scalp massages and I was very happy as it reduced my hair fall..But 1week ago i stopped massaging my scalp for 2-3days straight and after that I started agin but from that day of starting I am experiencing huge shed till now...I am losing 90% terminal thick hairs with 10% miniaturised hairs..10-15 hairs falling out during that 20mins time of massaging and all of them are terminal ones...What do you think about this shedding???
I have the exact same thing, I think with the massages it helps release the hairs that were just about to fall out anyways and when you take a break and start again it helps release all these hairs. That's the most likely scenario at least which means taking a break and starting again with lots of shedding won't really impact your overall density as they were going to fall out anyways.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
December 21st, greasy right temple. I was honestly hoping for some better regrowth in this timeframe but it's still slow and steady progress. I didn't see much regrowth in the last week but my dermapen session for that week was very light as I was worried about microtearing. My skin didn't even end up peeling and I think that session was overall too shallow to be effective. Yesterday I went much more intense with the dermapen and there was a decent amount of blood. (I do have pictures if interested) I'm hoping this will give me some decent results in a weeks time. I definitely have progress but it's painfully slow so I'll be experimenting with varying degrees of intensity with this Dermapen but I don't think it's powerful enough to penetrate my scalp full depth and I'm worried of microtearing when applying pressure.. It's still definitely effective but some more power would be great, I think I'll order a Derminator 2 next year and use this for now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181221-095912_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181221-095912_Gallery.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 491

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
December 24th - Right Temple.
These vellus hairs are getting pretty crazy, normally they don't even show up in direct light like that either. I just want these to start turning terminal. Starting to get impatient haha, I was hoping to have my hair at an acceptable level before the end of the year but it looks like my journey will be continuing into 2019.

Attachments

• 20181224_162829.jpg
    20181224_162829.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 987

JonnyGo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These vellus hairs are getting pretty crazy, normally they don't even show up in direct light like that either. I just want these to start turning terminal. Starting to get impatient haha, I was hoping to have my hair at an acceptable level before the end of the year but it looks like my journey will be continuing into 2019.
Dude...you have vellus hair in your NW1 area and you’re not even using minoxidil. That’s crazy!

jh94

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's amazing, look like the road to nw2 at least. With the scalp massages have you noticed the skin get looser? Mine did and I'm down to only battling the toughest part which is the bit inbetween temples.

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

good stuff, is your regimen still only dermapen,nizoral and massages?

Dooz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using dermaroller and just been putting lavender essential oil on after and my hairline has grew back. (the length of the hairs isn't as long as the rest of my hairline but it's like 1/4 of the way there and the hair is thick) after 4 months...

But I've lost hair on the sides of my head and I've been doing the same process there however I'm pretty sure I haven't regrown any hair there on the sides of my head after 4 months. Have you regrown any hair on other parts of your head besides your hairline?

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude...you have vellus hair in your NW1 area and you’re not even using minoxidil. That’s crazy!
Yeah, looks like they're slowly terminal too.
Super hard to see but here is one of the vellus hairs that turned terminal, you can see it is black at the roots and goes off into a vellus hair. I think it's interesting since most people typically believe the hair needs to shed before it goes terminal but it appears it just turns terminal at the roots. I first noticed this when I started growing terminal hairs on my upper cheek after microneedling for acne scars. I got some pictures of those hairs too.
Also changed the contrast to make it easier to see on the second image.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181223-183039_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181223-183039_Gallery.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 554
  • unknown.png
    unknown.png
    197.9 KB · Views: 546

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's amazing, look like the road to nw2 at least. With the scalp massages have you noticed the skin get looser? Mine did and I'm down to only battling the toughest part which is the bit inbetween temples.
Yeah it loosened up a bunch, here are some pictures from months ago showing how loose my scalp got.

Attachments

• 20181013_001756.jpg
    20181013_001756.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 540
  • 20181013_001504.jpg
    20181013_001504.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 522

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
good stuff, is your regimen still only dermapen,nizoral and massages?
I've also been using finasteride for 3 months and 5 days now, not entirely sure if it's doing much. Regrowth and shedding seem about the same aside from the initial finasteride shed and my body hair is continuing to develop and thicken. I also have zero sides currently.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using dermaroller and just been putting lavender essential oil on after and my hairline has grew back. (the length of the hairs isn't as long as the rest of my hairline but it's like 1/4 of the way there and the hair is thick) after 4 months...

But I've lost hair on the sides of my head and I've been doing the same process there however I'm pretty sure I haven't regrown any hair there on the sides of my head after 4 months. Have you regrown any hair on other parts of your head besides your hairline?
Yeah, I've regrown hair all over. I'm just focusing on the hairline since it's the easiest to see regrowth and take consistent pictures for. If you're losing hair on the sides of your head and not in a pattern it's probably not male pattern baldness and possibly something else like an immune disorder, stress, nutrient deficiency etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181121-135344_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181121-135344_Gallery.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 667
  • 20180719_111310.jpg
    20180719_111310.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 605