I Am Actually Regrowing My Hair + Hairline Without Min Or finasteride (mechanical Stimulation)

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
September 30th - Hair after washing with Nizoral - https://imgur.com/a/K7YXqry (10 days into finasteride)

I'm slowly becoming far less motivated to post updates as my hair growth continues, I should be in a spot where I'm quite happy with my hair within the next few months so I have no idea how long I'll be sticking around in this community for. I've spent so much time and learned so much about combating and treating hairloss it almost feels like a waste to let all that I've learned go to waste but I honestly just want to get on living with my life and as a I become happier and happier about my hairloss it occupies less and less of my mind. I've got over 3000 pictures of my hairloss and it's just simply a headache to make sense of to get good comparison pictures to post and I feel like the hours spent comparing my regrowth could be better spent studying something that's actually useful for my future. I still got a long way to go on my hairline and a decent amount on my crown but I've restored so much density that I'm happy for the timebeing. I still ordered that 2mm dermastamp which keeps getting delayed in the mail so I will be making a post about that regardless to see how much of my hairline I can recover.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So has cure actually finally be found? Can someone confirm this?
There's no cures for hairloss, only treatments. That said I have been slowly regrowing both my hair and hairline but it's a slow and eventual process that will need to be continued.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is it not a cure if you are slowly regrowing your hair?
It's an ongoing process that needs to be continued to slowly regrow my hair, it's also hard to say how much I will end up regrowing in the future. A cure would be more like a special pill that allows you to regrow your hair and once it's regrown you keep it. I don't ever really think there will be a cure for hairloss since so many factors play a part, rather it's an active battle to keep your hair.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First week of healing after 2mm derma stamp, I'm unsure if my mind is tricking me but it appears this is better progress than I typically see in a week. I literally started at NW4.5, I'll be NW3 pretty soon at this rate. That whole bald area is just simply filling in with actual terminal hairs now. It's not long enough to have a massive cosmetic benefit but when I take selfies I often see I dark fudgy colour on my hairline which definitely improves the appearance, a lot of the earlier hairs I regrew are getting to a decent length too so they fall down and really give the illusion of a better hairline when not pulling my hair back.

Image -
November 10th, Hairline - greasy unwashed hair

Edit. Added a comparison picture from part way into my treatment, the scar looking thing was from a microneedling attempt, took months for it to fade.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181110-044936_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181110-044936_Gallery.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 710
  • Screenshot_20180809-011828_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180809-011828_Gallery.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 658
Last edited:

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
nvm im good on sex drive i just tested it, dont blame me im stressed nowdays. But i still dont have morning wood, so ill work on that.. i guess my only worry is the collagen inhibition, ill do research on this, for now, im feeling and looking good
Even with a bald head you would still look better than most due to your skin tone.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still see barren temples, are you regrowing them or not?
A lot of the vellus hairs in that area are actually turning terminal, my hairline has slowly been advancing forward a few cm and thickening up to form a V shape, my hairline used to go back entirely to form a U shape / a reverse V.

Attachments

• Hairline (2).PNG
    Hairline (2).PNG
    329.8 KB · Views: 633

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still see barren temples, are you regrowing them or not?
It's far better than baseline and it's worth noting that regrowing hair is a very long process, I haven't been here as long as most people so I'd be considered a good responder but it's still a painfully long journey. I was a NW4.5 at the start of this so I'm going to have massive barren temples regardless but even reaching NW3 would improve my hair dramatically and I think that's a realistic goal without using my added density to get a transplant.

Attachments

• pKWKePJ.jpg
    pKWKePJ.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 632
  • SjjWIwZ.jpg
    SjjWIwZ.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 588
  • yfnF9Ob.jpg
    yfnF9Ob.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 595

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Short side parts of hair actually growing out on finasteride?
renderTimingPixel.png

If these parts are actually growing out it would most likely be almost exclusive to finasteride as I tried to microneedle this area in the past and saw no improvement, I only did minimal needling in that area though.

https://imgur.com/a/h8qtsd9
So I noticed on the sides of my head I have this rather short hair that just never seems to grow out, I'm not entirely sure why it doesn't grow out but I notice women have it too. I was going to make a post asking why many months ago and I believe I had taken pics for it but I was unable to find them for this comparison. Interestingly I've noticed that it appears to be getting slightly longer on finasteride which I find interesting. I had tried derma rolling this area a few times but I saw no effect and I was inclined not to since the sides of my head hurt dramatically more to micro needle than the top of the scalp.

I do have an idea why though, if you compare it to other areas of the body such as the eyebrows that don't grow out very far it's because they have a shorter anagen phase meaning they shed much sooner before they can get too long. Since finasteride actually increases the anagen phase I'm assuming this is also applying for the hair on the sides of the head. I'm also curious to what the actual exact mechanism beyond something being genetically programmed to only grow so long is? I'm noticing the hair on the top of my head is either growing faster or the sides just have a shorter anagen phase, this is causing the sides to be shorter than the top and making my haircut form a sort of mushroom like shape as time goes on.

m97

My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE="MyThinningConfidence[/QUOTE]
Hi
i want to ask you, if you have experienced something like dandruff while scalp massaging? Thanks...

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE="MyThinningConfidence
Hi
i want to ask you, if you have experienced something like dandruff while scalp massaging? Thanks...[/QUOTE]
When I used to have dandruff I noticed the scalp massage would help it fall from my head, it felt quite satisfying cleansing my head of all my dandruff. I don't have any dandruff I'm consciously aware of anymore.

m97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi
i want to ask you, if you have experienced something like dandruff while scalp massaging? Thanks...
When I used to have dandruff I noticed the scalp massage would help it fall from my head, it felt quite satisfying cleansing my head of all my dandruff. I don't have any dandruff I'm consciously aware of anymore.[/QUOTE]
i have not had dandruff in my life, i started scalp massaging 1.5 month ago and i noticed that when i am doing scalp massaging i see things like dandruff...
and which shampoo do you use? i have general thinning...

long hair

Reaction score
When I used to have dandruff I noticed the scalp massage would help it fall from my head, it felt quite satisfying cleansing my head of all my dandruff. I don't have any dandruff I'm consciously aware of anymore.
i have not had dandruff in my life, i started scalp massaging 1.5 month ago and i noticed that when i am doing scalp massaging i see things like dandruff...
and which shampoo do you use? i have general thinning...[/QUOTE]

the outer layer of the skin is dead where you press ..it fall and you have new one.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I used to have dandruff I noticed the scalp massage would help it fall from
and which shampoo do you use? i have general thinning...
You likely had dandruff in the first place but never likely noticed it, the dandruff is just dead pieces of skin so the massages are likely allowing them to flake off. Dandruff is caused by a yeastlike fungus called malassezia and you can treat it with either Zinc Pyrithione or Ketoconzaole. The first one is rather cheap and easy to get and you can find that in just standard anti-dandruff shampoos like head and shoulders. Ketoconzaole is more expensive and typically used to treat seborrheic dermatitis, you can buy it in the form of Nizoral. I usually use the two interchangeably to mitigate the more expensive costs of nizoral.

Here's an interesting video about dandruff if you're interested.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairline still isn't ideal but damn look at the density with my hair washed, I actually need to get bit of a trim and have it layered but man I don't even have the heart to cut my hair, I've been trimming the front myself and the sides very lightly but I don't have the confidence to do the rest just yet.

Attachments

• 20181115_192440.jpg
    20181115_192440.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,540

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairline still isn't ideal but damn look at the density with my hair washed, I actually need to get bit of a trim and have it layered but man I don't even have the heart to cut my hair, I've been trimming the front myself and the sides very lightly but I don't have the confidence to do the rest just yet.
What do you think that had helped you most with your success