I Am Actually Regrowing My Hair + Hairline Without Min Or finasteride (mechanical Stimulation)

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You ejaculate less i.e low libido and you have watery semen does that not mean you’re having side effects from finasteride?

What is your plan of action for the future lets say after 5 years you’re planning a kid? Im asking because I'm afraid to hop on finasteride
Bruh, even steroid users are fertile. That sh*t is not going to do sh*t with your fertility

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Photos of my finasteride shed that I never got around to posting due to shitty internet making my uploads fail. It completely obliterated my hairline and took roughly 3 months to regrow back to pre-finasteride baseline.

https://imgur.com/a/cICcf2r

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats crazy man. Are you saying that finasteride set you back a good amount despite the weekly needling sessions?
Yes, I've actually said this multiple times before but never got around to posting the pics. Starting finasteride made me lose all my gained ground from microneedling and massages. These pics are from late September last year. It was a truly horrifying experience and I literally wanted to die going through the initial shed, it was awful at first but now things are better than ever.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I've actually said this multiple times before but never got around to posting the pics. Starting finasteride made me lose all my gained ground from microneedling and massages. These pics are from late September last year. It was a truly horrifying experience and I literally wanted to die going through the initial shed, it was awful at first but now things are better than ever.
Interesting. When i went on dutasteride, i started shedding like crazy and 6 months later i still am. Not only on the top of my head where im experiencing hairloss, but everywhere. Like even at the back of my head that is used as a donor area for hair transplants. You'd think its impossible to lose hair there. Also in my crown area where i have no thinning whatsoever.

Anyways, i've been needling the past 3 months, and despite the massive amount of shedding everyday, my hair is filling in so nicely. My entire top scalp got a shade darker and there are thick dark hairs sprouting on my hairline everywhere.
My experience seems to differ from yours, where the growth from needling was stronger/faster than the shedding from the dutasteride.

yammer1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. When i went on dutasteride, i started shedding like crazy and 6 months later i still am. Not only on the top of my head where im experiencing hairloss, but everywhere. Like even at the back of my head that is used as a donor area for hair transplants. You'd think its impossible to lose hair there. Also in my crown area where i have no thinning whatsoever.

Anyways, i've been needling the past 3 months, and despite the massive amount of shedding everyday, my hair is filling in so nicely. My entire top scalp got a shade darker and there are thick dark hairs sprouting on my hairline everywhere.
My experience seems to differ from yours, where the growth from needling was stronger/faster than the shedding from the dutasteride.

Are you using min or anything else?

Jomeo1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been following this thread for the last couple months now and its very interesting to see how people are fighting there hair loss.
I've recently noticed my hairline is starting to recede at the sides and I have thinning at the crown too. I think this has happened of the the last 2 years.

however this year in Jan-July i was on a very strict calorie regime and high intensity workouts too loose weight. During that time I was also under a high stress situation although this only lasted for around 3 weeks, but it was very stressful to the fact that my heart was pumping alot throughout the whole day. however during this time I was not taking a vitamins and i think I was probably lacking vitamins and minerals. I lost quite a lot of weight but then I seemed to notice my hair was thinning quite bad after. I suspect this has made my male pattern baldness worse. I started to take a multivitamin supplement to try and target this and then after I went to the doctors, they said my bloods where normal however they said they can only check whats in my blood at the moment which I think is stupid because I could've been deficient a few weeks ago. They doctors gave me some lotridem cream which I put on the temples and its seem to make it worse. Although this could have been getting worse anyway.

I am usually a very confident person and I do not rely on things outside myself to provide me comfort, as long as I know I am working on improving myself, but this has been a big blow to me on my mental state and for the last few months i have not been able to do anything productive and my mind has been on my hairloss 24/7. I have afro hair and I usually have quite a low cut (level 1) but how my head is shaped, it needs a line to make it look normal.

Anyway I plan to tackle the issue without medication first. my question to the group is that do you think micro needling (bought a dermaroller 1 mm and 1.5mm), scalp massaging (bought a scalp massager but will also be using my hands), rosemary/cbd oils, and vitamin supplement would be good enough to improve the density of my hair and also help my hair line?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been following this thread for the last couple months now and its very interesting to see how people are fighting there hair loss.
I've recently noticed my hairline is starting to recede at the sides and I have thinning at the crown too. I think this has happened of the the last 2 years.

however this year in Jan-July i was on a very strict calorie regime and high intensity workouts too loose weight. During that time I was also under a high stress situation although this only lasted for around 3 weeks, but it was very stressful to the fact that my heart was pumping alot throughout the whole day. however during this time I was not taking a vitamins and i think I was probably lacking vitamins and minerals. I lost quite a lot of weight but then I seemed to notice my hair was thinning quite bad after. I suspect this has made my male pattern baldness worse. I started to take a multivitamin supplement to try and target this and then after I went to the doctors, they said my bloods where normal however they said they can only check whats in my blood at the moment which I think is stupid because I could've been deficient a few weeks ago. They doctors gave me some lotridem cream which I put on the temples and its seem to make it worse. Although this could have been getting worse anyway.

I am usually a very confident person and I do not rely on things outside myself to provide me comfort, as long as I know I am working on improving myself, but this has been a big blow to me on my mental state and for the last few months i have not been able to do anything productive and my mind has been on my hairloss 24/7. I have afro hair and I usually have quite a low cut (level 1) but how my head is shaped, it needs a line to make it look normal.

Anyway I plan to tackle the issue without medication first. my question to the group is that do you think micro needling (bought a dermaroller 1 mm and 1.5mm), scalp massaging (bought a scalp massager but will also be using my hands), rosemary/cbd oils, and vitamin supplement would be good enough to improve the density of my hair and also help my hair line?
Use 1.5mm and be religious with your needling sessions. Dont halph-*** it. Be patient and maybe you are going to see some regrowth in a few months.
Again, be patient, dont halph *** it. Just stick to the protocol and stop looking at your hair everyday, looking for new hair.

Jomeo1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Use 1.5mm and be religious with your needling sessions. Dont halph-*** it. Be patient and maybe you are going to see some regrowth in a few months.
Again, be patient, dont halph *** it. Just stick to the protocol and stop looking at your hair everyday, looking for new hair.

Thanks man, I'm really going to give this a shot, I wont have a issue looking for hair everyday because I try avoid looking in the mirror now ha. People with full hair say just shave it but its easy for them to say. I know going bald is inevitable but I would at least like to get me hair line back and keep my hair for a few more years. I doubt I will turn to drugs. However the mechanical stimulation theory seems very promising and makes a lot of sense, I feel hopeful on this.

Would it be useful to add in the scalp massages? there is some evidence on its usefulness but not many success stories on online, I am assuming it may not be as powerful as dermarolling or people do not stick with it for month on end? I am not sure.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man, I'm really going to give this a shot, I wont have a issue looking for hair everyday because I try avoid looking in the mirror now ha. People with full hair say just shave it but its easy for them to say. I know going bald is inevitable but I would at least like to get me hair line back and keep my hair for a few more years. I doubt I will turn to drugs. However the mechanical stimulation theory seems very promising and makes a lot of sense, I feel hopeful on this.

Would it be useful to add in the scalp massages? there is some evidence on its usefulness but not many success stories on online, I am assuming it may not be as powerful as dermarolling or people do not stick with it for month on end? I am not sure.
I dont believe so. Its not that massaging itself is not helpful, its because its done for 10 minutes a day. I dont see how that would help.
Get a dermastamp, buy a numbing cream (lidocaine) and do some good sessions with bleeding. I know i already said that, but you really have to do it right if you are not going to take drugs.

Jomeo1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont believe so. Its not that massaging itself is not helpful, its because its done for 10 minutes a day. I dont see how that would help.
Get a dermastamp, buy a numbing cream (lidocaine) and do some good sessions with bleeding. I know i already said that, but you really have to do it right if you are not going to take drugs.

I would've thought that it makes the scalp more loose overtime allowing a better amount of blood flow to the follicles. I was planning to do maybe 20 minutes a day, maybe @MyThinningConfidence has had more success with this.

I have odered the dermarollers so will do this for maybe a month or so and then the stamp or maybe the derminator which I have heard about. I live in the UK so this should come very quickly if I order it.

I will buy the numbing cream and do those sessions, will it be noticeable the next day? I think drugs will be the last approach I feel if neither can get my hair line back I will have to go to level 0

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would've thought that it makes the scalp more loose overtime allowing a better amount of blood flow to the follicles. I was planning to do maybe 20 minutes a day, maybe @MyThinningConfidence has had more success with this.

I have odered the dermarollers so will do this for maybe a month or so and then the stamp or maybe the derminator which I have heard about. I live in the UK so this should come very quickly if I order it.

I will buy the numbing cream and do those sessions, will it be noticeable the next day? I think drugs will be the last approach I feel if neither can get my hair line back I will have to go to level 0
Honestly i dont want to say anything about massaging. I just dont know enough about it.
https://www.amazon.de/DRS-Medizinpr...ds=dermastamp&qid=1567115273&s=gateway&sr=8-5

I use this stamp. Personally i think it trumps every other needling device, but thats just me. Whatever you do, dont use a roller.
What do you mean? Maybe its going to be red the next day, thats about it.
Also wash away the blood when you are done with your sessions

Jomeo1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly i dont want to say anything about massaging. I just dont know enough about it.
https://www.amazon.de/DRS-Medizinpr...ds=dermastamp&qid=1567115273&s=gateway&sr=8-5

I use this stamp. Personally i think it trumps every other needling device, but thats just me. Whatever you do, dont use a roller.
What do you mean? Maybe its going to be red the next day, thats about it.
Also wash away the blood when you are done with your sessions

Okay thanks, I think I am going to do more research into the massages and its efficacy.

I have already ordered a roller and it has come today, so I will use it until I get the dermastamp. if I see regrowth, I will get the derminator. I've heard needling is very effective, while I have low expectations from this, I am very hopeful.

How is your regrowth going? are you on mon and finasteride?

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can one use the cartridges of a dermapen as a small stamp? Not sure exactly how I would hold it but if it works you would get clean punctures and shouldn't hurt as much as the electric pen going in and out at crazy speeds. Plus you can throw it away when you are done as opposed to having to clean or throw away the larger 7$ derma stamp.