I Am Actually Regrowing My Hair + Hairline Without Min Or finasteride (mechanical Stimulation)

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
So would you say the hairs I lost are permanent or will they grow back if I stop the massages?

I'm guessing that they are hairs that would have fallen out anyway, I can't say whether they will come back, but I'd say with assurance that if they were going to come back without the massages they will come back with the massages. In other words the massages haven't actually done any damage, at most they've knocked off hairs that would have fallen anyway, it depends on the state of your balding and treatment on whether they will regrow. But it's likely massaging is a tiny bit helpful, but as per the study don't expect much.

FinCandy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm guessing that they are hairs that would have fallen out anyway, I can't say whether they will come back, but I'd say with assurance that if they were going to come back without the massages they will come back with the massages. In other words the massages haven't actually done any damage, at most they've knocked off hairs that would have fallen anyway, it depends on the state of your balding and treatment on whether they will regrow. But it's likely massaging is a tiny bit helpful, but as per the study don't expect much.

Ok that makes me feel better. Some of these hairs were barely miniturized so they were not at the stage of being gone forever. I'd say I'm currently a NW1.5 but the hairs that fell have made my hairline diffuse whereas before it was thick. Should I be waiting a full 3 months for the growth based on hair cycles or do you think regrowth will happen sooner? I'm also currently 8 months into finasteride and my hair is being maintained otherwise.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really great progress into the bald zone, on first inspection it sort of looks like I'm receding but that's actually all new growth and my hairline has moved forward a ton. You can actually see some fairly thick hairs beginning to come in if you zoom in close. It's filling in all around though, even those short little side parts are getting thicker and starting to fill in which I'm really happy about.

It mostly regrew from the middle outwards in terms of bald areas, the thin area that still had hair filled in relatively quickly. It seems it's starting to actually come forward a lot more now though which is great.

Good progress overall but it's been slow, in a few more months my hairloss journey will be hitting the one year mark, I'm still debating jumping up to Dutasteride to see if it will help my hairline even more. Just mainly scared of sheds if I decide to play around with dosages.

edit. Just for reference since I forgot to add, my balded hairline started with it being perfectly inline with my ear so as you can see it's moved forward a good amount.

Attachments

• 20190414_033629.jpg
    20190414_033629.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,014
  • 20190414_033643.jpg
    20190414_033643.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 938
  • mmmkmkiniononiono.PNG
    mmmkmkiniononiono.PNG
    489.5 KB · Views: 957

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I recently started doing scalp massages using this massager: Click Me

After the massage my hairline was very inflammed and itchy. I also lost a decent amount of hair during the massage but most looked like breakage as I couldn't see a bulb on the hairs. The next day I noticed a huge reduction in my hairline density at the centre of my hairline where the inflammation was the most. I could see my scalp where previously I could not. Will this hair grow back? Should I continue with the massages? I don't know if I pulled the hairs out from the massager or the inflammation made them drop out.
It should grow back as long as you didn't damage the follicles, I've seen anecdotes of people using a similar device to yours saying they seen success with it although they had no visual proof. Personally I find it doubtful an electronic scalp massager would be able to go deep and forceful enough to see any worthwhile benefits from the massages. Seems like the massager would also likely get caught on the hairs snapping and pulling them out causing more damage than it's worth. Scalp massages require a good amount of effort and a decent amount of time so if you're just trying to cut corners with devices I'd just drop massages from your regime since currently there isn't any reliable devices out there to actually help us massage our scalps and we don't exactly know the mechanisms well enough to say what'd help or hinder. There was that one study that saw results using a semi-unknown device but that isn't overly helpful.

snuten

My Regimen
Reaction score
Truly amazing. I'm amazed how you could walk around with that hair you had before, looked horrible. I started shaving long before my hair got that bad. Congrats! I'm trying dermarolling but I doubt most of us will have your results! Enjoy it!

fps_doug

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the great info in your post it was very inspiring! I wish I had read it earlier I would have been more motivated to stick to my regimen and would have started micro-needling much earlier.

I'm also from Aus and want to buy a roller or pen of some kind but can't find a decent online supplier..

I found this: dermarollershop.com/product/dr-roller-kit/
site for a roller which seems legit, a little expensive (92usd for 2) but that's OK, you can also choose desired mm's etc.

Price doesn't bother me too much I just want something of high quality and safe, atm it's difficult to find a trustworthy supplier, just a little worried about buying something off amazon/ebay that's going to pierce my skin lol..

No pharmacy's sell this kind of stuff that I could find, where abouts did you buy your Dr. Roller/Pen?

Thanks heaps!

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the great info in your post it was very inspiring! I wish I had read it earlier I would have been more motivated to stick to my regimen and would have started micro-needling much earlier.

I'm also from Aus and want to buy a roller or pen of some kind but can't find a decent online supplier..

I found this: dermarollershop.com/product/dr-roller-kit/
site for a roller which seems legit, a little expensive (92usd for 2) but that's OK, you can also choose desired mm's etc.

Price doesn't bother me too much I just want something of high quality and safe, atm it's difficult to find a trustworthy supplier, just a little worried about buying something off amazon/ebay that's going to pierce my skin lol..

No pharmacy's sell this kind of stuff that I could find, where abouts did you buy your Dr. Roller/Pen?

Thanks heaps!
No point in getting the more expensive ones, they are all made in the same place and are for the most part just simply rebranded rollers. You will find a lot of brands have identical rollers for this reason. You just need to get a decent 192 needle roller at 1.5mm ideally. I got my Dr. Roller from here https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DR-ROLL...qXH7N6iWyMQ:sc:AU_StandardDelivery!3850!AU!-1

The Dermapen is functional but it's not very ideal and may cause microtearing, it's pretty cheap and I don't recommend it. The Derminator 2 is vastly superior and you can get it online at Owndoc which ships from Europe and I think costs like $265 AUD. Definitely a far better investment if you want a quality microneedling device. It's far faster, less painful, has adjustable depths, doesn't cause microtearing and has terrific customer support.

Gary Ferguson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No point in getting the more expensive ones, they are all made in the same place and are for the most part just simply rebranded rollers. You will find a lot of brands have identical rollers for this reason. You just need to get a decent 192 needle roller at 1.5mm ideally. I got my Dr. Roller from here https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DR-ROLL...qXH7N6iWyMQ:sc:AU_StandardDelivery!3850!AU!-1

The Dermapen is functional but it's not very ideal and may cause microtearing, it's pretty cheap and I don't recommend it. The Derminator 2 is vastly superior and you can get it online at Owndoc which ships from Europe and I think costs like $265 AUD. Definitely a far better investment if you want a quality microneedling device. It's far faster, less painful, has adjustable depths, doesn't cause microtearing and has terrific customer support.
Would you say a dermaroller would be alright to use as I cannot afford a dermapen

veneno

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really great progress into the bald zone, on first inspection it sort of looks like I'm receding but that's actually all new growth and my hairline has moved forward a ton. You can actually see some fairly thick hairs beginning to come in if you zoom in close. It's filling in all around though, even those short little side parts are getting thicker and starting to fill in which I'm really happy about.

It mostly regrew from the middle outwards in terms of bald areas, the thin area that still had hair filled in relatively quickly. It seems it's starting to actually come forward a lot more now though which is great.

Good progress overall but it's been slow, in a few more months my hairloss journey will be hitting the one year mark, I'm still debating jumping up to Dutasteride to see if it will help my hairline even more. Just mainly scared of sheds if I decide to play around with dosages.

edit. Just for reference since I forgot to add, my balded hairline started with it being perfectly inline with my ear so as you can see it's moved forward a good amount.
your hair looks good , do you still use finasteride ?

Last edited:

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you say a dermaroller would be alright to use as I cannot afford a dermapen
Yes should be fine, derma roller is probably more effective than the pen anyways since it appears to penetrate better. Ideally you want the derminator but a derma roller should be just fine and you should see benefits.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
your hair looks good , do you still use finasteride ?
Yes and I plan to continue taking it for life as it should prevent the balding process, if I ever stop finasteride it'll probably be because I stepped up to dutasteride. Finasteride is a treatment and is in no form a cure, you don't become dependent on it or anything like that but if you stop taking it you will lose the benefits to your hair.

Tom Cruise

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey bro. noticed you were from Australia(so am I) you also got a dutasteride script.

Did you get it from your GP? if so, did it take him any convincing to get it?

That sh*t ain't approved for hairloss here.

I need dutasteride asap , trying to get hairline gains like you brother.

Also I've added scalp massages everyday and have already noticed less tingling or "dht" itch in my scalp.

I got a dutasteride prescription but I haven't actually taken any yet but yeah I just went to my GP and got it, it did take some convincing though but basically I just said finasteride has been beneficial to me so far and I've read studies that Dutasteride is even more effective and what's the possibility of getting a prescription for it. They ended up saying it doesn't seem to have any adverse risks as it's just a BPH medicine and they are fine prescribing it as a private prescription but they also cannot predict future side effects and that finasteride is the tried and tested FDA approved treatment for hairloss.

If you also go into Chemist Warehouse you can also get brand name Avodart for real cheap and the fact it has a longer half life than finasteride it actually works out cheaper and the effects of missed doses and far more minimal.

just an update because I'm bored. Had no issues get Avodart script from my GP, he actually said it was a harmless drug (lol)

anyway took my first pill today. Good luck to everyone, hope you all reach your hair goals in 2019.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
just an update because I'm bored. Had no issues get Avodart script from my GP, he actually said it was a harmless drug (lol)

anyway took my first pill today. Good luck to everyone, hope you all reach your hair goals in 2019.

Are you from the UK?

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Picture taken of me in the background on my phone from a Facebook photo. first picture of me taken by someone else in quite a long time. I usually make an active effort to avoid the picture but anyways the point is that I have hair.

Also worth noting that when I was still recovering from balding a few people had told me I look like a 30yo crack addict, like this wasn't one instance, this was 3 separate people. I've been doing a few things alongside regrowing my hair, like exercise etc and Vit C + E and Ferulic acid serums for my skin but recently I asked a girl how old I look and she said 19. Honestly makes me happy beyond belief, looking like a 30yo drug addict at 20/21 primarily caused by hairloss and the depressive state that follows is crippling to your self confidence. Probably the most stable self confidence I've had, really happy with how things are going.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190524-091514_Gallery_LI.jpg
    Screenshot_20190524-091514_Gallery_LI.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 614
Last edited:

Johnny Garcia

My Regimen
Reaction score
Picture taken of me in the background on my phone from a Facebook photo. first picture of me taken by someone else in quite a long time. I usually make an active effort to avoid the picture but anyways the point is that I have hair.

Also worth noting that when I was still recovering from balding a few people had told me I look like a 30yo crack addict, like this wasn't one instance, this was 3 separate people. I've been doing a few things alongside regrowing my hair, like exercise etc and Vit C + E and Ferulic acid serums for my skin but recently I asked a girl how old I look and she said 19. Honestly makes me happy beyond belief, looking like a 30yo drug addict at 20/21 primarily caused by hairloss and the depressive state that follows is crippling to your self confidence. Probably the most stable self confidence I've had, really happy with how things are going.
I really want you to start taking dutasteride because I want your take on the side effects. It’s pretty obvious the side effects (low libido, weight gain, Gyno) is all a result of the elevated Estrogen levels. That’s why when people take Estrogen blockers they usually get rid of the side effects but then raise the Test which in return makes your Hairloss start again. So there has to be a happy medium. I am planning on ordering Arimidex to try to find the perfect dosage in order to take off my sides and keep my hair. Some people are just more prone to Estrogen levels being elevated. That’s why many don’t expeirnce side effects until many years down the road, because their body finally can’t support all of the elevated
I got a dutasteride prescription but I haven't actually taken any yet but yeah I just went to my GP and got it, it did take some convincing though but basically I just said finasteride has been beneficial to me so far and I've read studies that Dutasteride is even more effective and what's the possibility of getting a prescription for it. They ended up saying it doesn't seem to have any adverse risks as it's just a BPH medicine and they are fine prescribing it as a private prescription but they also cannot predict future side effects and that finasteride is the tried and tested FDA approved treatment for hairloss.

If you also go into Chemist Warehouse you can also get brand name Avodart for real cheap and the fact it has a longer half life than finasteride it actually works out cheaper and the effects of missed doses and far
I want you to get on dutasteride to get your take on the side effects situation because you seem like a very smart guy. When I started finasteride, I was perfectly fine until 4 months and that’s when I started experiencing Gyno, abdominal fat and low libido. My take on it is that my elevated Estrogen levels finally caught up to me resulting in all of the sides. I have read that if you take an estrogen blocker, it will help but you have to find the perfect happy medium because if you take too much estrogen. That’s also bad for you or it can result in your test elevating which in return causes Hairloss. I am planning to order Arimidex to find the perfect dosage in order to get rid of my sides and keep my hair. I am a very fit 19 year old male and I’m diffuse thinning and I do think it is because of my chronic tension on my weird shaped skull. I’m diffuse thinning on the sides of the top of my head like my grandpa but the middle is filled w hair. I also think for the people that don’t get side effects until years down the road, it’s because they’re body is less prone to Estrogen until they get to the point where their body can’t handle it. I would love your opinion on this because I can’t lose my hair. I was thinking of only applying minoxidil if the estrogen blocker doesn’t work because I can’t have the side effects at this age. I’m young, I can’t have my dick not working, it has made me very depressed. I’m hoping I can pull off the perfect Arimidex dosage, and if I can’t. I’m going to have to see how minoxidil, massage and other treatments work.

Johnny Garcia

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really want you to start taking dutasteride because I want your take on the side effects. It’s pretty obvious the side effects (low libido, weight gain, Gyno) is all a result of the elevated Estrogen levels. That’s why when people take Estrogen blockers they usually get rid of the side effects but then raise the Test which in return makes your Hairloss start again. So there has to be a happy medium. I am planning on ordering Arimidex to try to find the perfect dosage in order to take off my sides and keep my hair. Some people are just more prone to Estrogen levels being elevated. That’s why many don’t expeirnce side effects until many years down the road, because their body finally can’t support all of the elevated

IM SORRY FOR THE WEIRD REPLIES. This is my first time replying on this website

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score

So you’re still just dermarolling and using Zinc shampoo? No minoxidil?