I Am Actually Regrowing My Hair + Hairline Without Min Or finasteride (mechanical Stimulation)

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really want you to start taking dutasteride because I want your take on the side effects. It’s pretty obvious the side effects (low libido, weight gain, Gyno) is all a result of the elevated Estrogen levels. That’s why when people take Estrogen blockers they usually get rid of the side effects but then raise the Test which in return makes your Hairloss start again. So there has to be a happy medium. I am planning on ordering Arimidex to try to find the perfect dosage in order to take off my sides and keep my hair. Some people are just more prone to Estrogen levels being elevated. That’s why many don’t expeirnce side effects until many years down the road, because their body finally can’t support all of the elevated
That's fine haha, I'm actually sort of close to trialing out 0.5mg dutasteride twice weekly although I'm still on the fence since it's hard to say how much of a benefit I'd actually get for the increased side effects. Currently on finasteride I just ejaculate less and occasionally it is watery, pretty minimal and doesn't bother me. My only concern with dutasteride is 5AR1 and its potential impact on the brain, I did however find a study showing it had inhibition of 5AR1 had neuroprotective effects on animals which is actually quite the opposite of my concern but I still need to look into it deeper.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Drastic Hairline progress, August 2018 versus June 21st 2019

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190621-192043_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190621-192043_Gallery.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,155
  • Screenshot_20190621-192304_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190621-192304_Gallery.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 918

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
July 3rd, getting pretty thick now but definitely not perfect. My crown does still have a thin spot which is evidenced by a few outdoors pictures I took where my hair is wet in the rain. Aside from my crown my hairline still needs some work and I'm lacking density at the nape of my neck on the right side oddly which makes longer hair seem crummy and uneven. I uploaded pics of this forever ago but it's even more of an issue now as there is a big chunk missing at the back, I'll upload some new pics sometime.

Attachments

• 20190703_124636.jpg
    20190703_124636.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 602
  • Screenshot_20190707-220846_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190707-220846_Gallery.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 627
  • 20190703_124827.jpg
    20190703_124827.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 606
  • 20190703_124839.jpg
    20190703_124839.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 594

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@MyThinningConfidence I could have asked, but do you think that it is possible to regrow hairs on NW0 area with dermapen, or it just works better on lets say NW4?
Probably not but I'm also not sure if I even ever had hairs there to begin with. Hairline has been regrowing from the middle outwards. There are some rather long vellus hairs around my hairline which appear to turn terminal over time but beyond that it's just completely barren.

edit. I added a photo from last month so you know what I mean.

Attachments

• 20190619_052228.jpg
    20190619_052228.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 503

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What has been your biggest contributor in your opinion?
Microneedling but you'll likely want to do most things in conjunction, the main things to use -
finasteride, microneedling and massages as they work synergistically. You'll also want to add in zinc pyrith or Nizoral if you're dealing with dermatitis or itchiness of the scalp.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not using a stamp anymore, I'm using a Derminator at 2.5mm and I never really bled much using any of the microneedling devices.
How is that possible with 2.5mm? I bleed like a madman with 1.5mm and even 1mm.
Do you not use alot of force?

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
July 3rd, getting pretty thick now but definitely not perfect. My crown does still have a thin spot which is evidenced by a few outdoors pictures I took where my hair is wet in the rain. Aside from my crown my hairline still needs some work and I'm lacking density at the nape of my neck on the right side oddly which makes longer hair seem crummy and uneven. I uploaded pics of this forever ago but it's even more of an issue now as there is a big chunk missing at the back, I'll upload some new pics sometime.

Bro, this picture in particular shows how far you've come.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/attachments/screenshot_20190621-192043_gallery-jpg.121741/

Obviously, there is some styling going on to add volume, but just wow. Well done.

I've been on dutasteride and derminator for 2 years with continued diffuse thinning and recession. You're post gave me some hope. I'm adding deep scalp massage and going to up my derminator from 1.75 to 2.5. Not expecting your crazy level of results, I'm clearly not a great responder. but might as well try. Best wishes

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro, this picture in particular shows how far you've come.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/attachments/screenshot_20190621-192043_gallery-jpg.121741/

Obviously, there is some styling going on to add volume, but just wow. Well done.

I've been on dutasteride and derminator for 2 years with continued diffuse thinning and recession. You're post gave me some hope. I'm adding deep scalp massage and going to up my derminator from 1.75 to 2.5. Not expecting your crazy level of results, I'm clearly not a great responder. but might as well try. Best wishes
f*** man, zero regrowth after 2 years? Did you have a initial shed when you started dutasteride and did it ever stop?

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
f*** man, zero regrowth after 2 years? Did you have a initial shed when you started dutasteride and did it ever stop?

Originally had thinning at hairline but overall better texture and feel of the hair. Felt like it was on the right path. That quickly changed in like 3-4 months the loss and recession came back. Difference is that I don't "shed" as much. the hair just seems to miniaturize and stop growing. Fewer cycling

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Originally had thinning at hairline but overall better texture and feel of the hair. Felt like it was on the right path. That quickly changed in like 3-4 months the loss and recession came back. Difference is that I don't "shed" as much. the hair just seems to miniaturize and stop growing. Fewer cycling
So you never shedded large amounts of hair during your treatment and still dont?
Sometimes i feel like messing with your DHT too much does more bad than good for some people. I heard of some guy who regrew his hair as soon as he stopped finasteride. Its been 5 months on dutasteride for me and i had nothing but crazy amounts of shedding since then. I feel like i must be regrowing hair too, because my hair didnt get worse even though i probably shed thousands of hairs on my hairline.
I dont really care how long it takes to regrow my hair. I just wish i could know beforehand what words for me and what doesnt. Waiting months for something to happen just to figure out its not working is really annoying.

Anwar Saleem

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's fine haha, I'm actually sort of close to trialing out 0.5mg dutasteride twice weekly although I'm still on the fence since it's hard to say how much of a benefit I'd actually get for the increased side effects. Currently on finasteride I just ejaculate less and occasionally it is watery, pretty minimal and doesn't bother me. My only concern with dutasteride is 5AR1 and its potential impact on the brain, I did however find a study showing it had inhibition of 5AR1 had neuroprotective effects on animals which is actually quite the opposite of my concern but I still need to look into it deeper.

You ejaculate less i.e low libido and you have watery semen does that not mean you’re having side effects from finasteride?

What is your plan of action for the future lets say after 5 years you’re planning a kid? Im asking because I'm afraid to hop on finasteride

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You ejaculate less i.e low libido and you have watery semen does that not mean you’re having side effects from finasteride?

What is your plan of action for the future lets say after 5 years you’re planning a kid? Im asking because I'm afraid to hop on finasteride

Watery semen here, has not impacted my ability to be fertile... too fertile tbh