I Am 18. Ashamed To Leave The House. 1 Year Since I Noticed Severe Balding.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood -1, regrowing my juvenile hairline. Much like finasteride users are regrowing their penises to juvenile size
I think ur a norwood 7 baldcel who makes propaganda for trinov and against finasteride so other people go more bald and ur life is just a tiny bit less miserable.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think ur a norwood 7 baldcel who makes propaganda for trinov and against finasteride so other people go more bald and ur life is just a tiny bit less miserable.
Nah mate everyone who thinks finasteride is a good idea should kill themselves. Less retardation spread in the gene pool

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you went on for 6 months and then came off and it got bigger?
I opened the thread and everyone was against it, I didn't see any results posted from the users.

Sounds like absolute bullshit

I took it for 3 years, went off it for 4 years, and back on it for 3 1/2 years. Dick def grew because of finasteride. Before finasteride it was an average 6, now its 7 with more girth.

DHT inhibits testosterone which is anabolic. DHT is mostly androgenic. High DHT can lead to a catabolic state. Finasteride allows T to rise. DHT alone does not promote growth.

With finasteride, assuming you genetically have high 5ar expression, you are trading a mostly androgenic hormone profile for a more anabolic one, which promotes better health overall (less cortisol). Finasterde helps prevent andropause.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your understanding of the endocrine system is nascent and what little you do understand is misinterpreted due to a thoroughly average intellect.
What is there to even understand? It's given, open fact it removes 65% of DHT flowing through the blood stream.
You do realize taking finasteride downgrades the receptors in the penis, making it much more likely to cause a small penis, right?
You think ED as a listed side effect is actually gonna make your dick grow bigger.
Nascent would be a compliment for you

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took it for 3 years, went off it for 4 years, and back on it for 3 1/2 years. Dick def grew because of finasteride. Before finasteride it was an average 6, now its 7 with more girth.

DHT inhibits testosterone which is anabolic. DHT is mostly androgenic. High DHT can lead to a catabolic state. Finasteride allows T to rise. DHT alone does not promote growth.

With finasteride, assuming you genetically have high 5ar expression, you are trading a mostly androgenic hormone profile for a more anabolic one, which promotes better health overall (less cortisol). Finasterde helps prevent andropause.
Sorry, where does DHT inhibit Testoerone. I think you're mistaking the fact that removing 5ar might allow more testosterone to be itself by stopping converison. DHT does not inhibit testosterone, you can have high DHT and High Test. Estrogen inhibits testosterone.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score

You probably would have had an 9incher if you didn't use finasteride

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am pretty sure most of the things stated about finasteride here , good or bad , are total bs .
Fact is that finasteride is still the best hairloss treatment which has enough years of research to know what is the worst case scenario if you end up with sides .too bad that it gives me weak erections or i d never have to visit a hairloss forum for a long time

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your understanding of the endocrine system is nascent and what little you do understand is misinterpreted due to a thoroughly average intellect.
I could post my IQ score 20% above average and you denialists would say it's fake

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am pretty sure most of the things stated about finasteride here , good or bad , are total bs .
Fact is that finasteride is still the best hairloss treatment which has enough years of research to know what is the worst case scenario if you end up with sides .too bad that it gives me weak erections or i d never have to visit a hairloss forum for a long time
Ignore finasteride for a second, and look what role DHT plays in the body. Look at what you lose when you lose DHT.
Then take a wider look at the potential harm finasteride can do. That has been my perspective

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ignore finasteride for a second, and look what role DHT plays in the body. Look at what you lose when you lose DHT.
Then take a wider look at the potential harm finasteride can do. That has been my perspective
i do have indeed studied that , however due to the paracrine nature of the 5ar enzymes , i would only except to see significant changes to tissues rich in 5ar2 (and possibly 5ar3) . I do not deny that dht is useful , however many people claim to pull finasteride off with none or minimal sides , and i mean good for them who wouldnt want peace of mind about hair loss with just a pill /day ? This is why i dont like the constant bashing on this drug , and after all you know what it can do to you , noone forces anyone to take action for a cosmetic issue .

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
i do have indeed studied that , however due to the paracrine nature of the 5ar enzymes , i would only except to see significant changes to tissues rich in 5ar2 (and possibly 5ar3) . I do not deny that dht is useful , however many people claim to pull finasteride off with none or minimal sides , and i mean good for them who wouldnt want peace of mind about hair loss with just a pill /day ? This is why i dont like the constant bashing on this drug , and after all you know what it can do to you , noone forces anyone to take action for a cosmetic issue .
Yeah I'm over my tirades of it.
flowy hair.gif

Reactions: Btg

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think Arrade is Norwood 7, it is too late for finasteride to work for him, that is why he bashes it so often and it is why he is so desparate for a so called cure. Face it, finasteride is our only option until 2030 at least.

Look at all the baldies in sci-fi. All the futurists knew a cure would never happen. Picard is bald. The City Builders in ringworld were all bald. :D:D:D:p

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

lul

finasteride is fitrashteride

Biotumelo Abudin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello!

-I am an 18 year old guy, and the balding won the fight against me.
-When I noticed the balding was already noticeable(about 1 year ago) I decided it is time for treatment. So I tried everything written on the internet, every method because I was desperate to believe it. Tried even the legit cures like minoxidil and all sorts of pills for 5-6 months but only made it worse...

-At this point I am a student and seeing every guy my age having hair, styling it however he wants makes me so jealous.
It’s just not fair, it makes me look so bad not to mention how unnatractive a girl finds an 18 year old balding guy. It looks so unnatural and bad...

-I have androgenetic alopecia from what I have been told (mom also started balding after she gave birth and now she has few hair at the top but did not lose it completely,and dad only went bald in his late 30’s but by choice)

-I want to know, how did other guys manage to handle it at my age? How did people react(boys and girls) what did they think of it? I know many of you will say they cut it completely and also that some friends might tell you “you look better”. Isn’t that lying to ourselver though and don’t they just say that to make us feel better?definitely bald is better than thin rare hair on top, but 19 and bald sounds depressing for me.
Thank you.
Don't listen to these guys. I took Finestaride late and I wish I took it earlier. I was rapidly losing hair this year and it's slowed down the hair loss completely. If I started earlier there's a good chance I would also have seen a lot of hair growth as well.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't listen to these guys. I took Finestaride late and I wish I took it earlier. I was rapidly losing hair this year and it's slowed down the hair loss completely. If I started earlier there's a good chance I would also have seen a lot of hair growth as well.
Glad to hear you're having good results with finasteride, i was one of the unlucky ones that got serious sexual side effects that lasted for 3 months after quitting (i only took it for 4 months). I'd still recommend finasteride as the first treatment to try though, and if you do happen to get sides switch to dermaneedling with minoxidil.