How To Slow Down Hairline Recession.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the subject of embrassment, only had two people at work making something out of it. Both are NW5 and definitely need a hair transplant so were really jealous. I took 2 weeks off, I was still with a shaved head but it was a great look. Especially now with this virus scam you can probably work from home anyway so a good time to do it if the clinics even open.
Curious to why you’re still here (not an attack)? I personally am tired of this sh*t. Its been on my mind for approaching 2 years now and Im tired of taking photos, Im tired of reading these forums, Im tired of not living like I used to because of hair, Im tired of thinking less about myself because of hair. If I got a hair transplant was finally a NW0-1 I wouldn’t be on here, I wouldn't be taking photos every couple hours and I would be doing activities without the thought of “does it look good up there”.

Something clearly compels you to be here, perhaps your hair has gotten thinner? Idk man, sort of makes me think a hair transplant might not be worth it if I am going to continue to lurk these time grabbing forums still. Like I said, I mean this in the most respectful way - even if it didn’t come out like that.

edit: f*** being so young. I wish I can act right now on changing my lifestyle but the only route currently is to shave my head... aint happening, especially not senior year of college.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
This is ideal but its impossible to know when the hailine fully recedes. I'm also pretty sure I have my moms hair genetics which means nw6 in early 30s.
I don't think you will be a NW6 in your early 30's as long as you stay on your treatments. Your case is not aggressive and even when your hair is wet, your density is excellent. Irishpride thought the same thing would happen and it didn't. Someone just sent a photo of me when I was around 8 or 9 and looking at my hair, you would think I would be bald at an early age like my dad. Hair loss is not as predictable when you don't have an aggressive case. Also in the photo was my brother and my cousin who are older. You would think at of all of us, I would be the bald one. Ironically, I have more hair than they both have now.

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Calikid have you tried microneedling? I saw some people adding minoxidil after needling and it gave them some good growth.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Curious to why you’re still here (not an attack)? I personally am tired of this sh*t. Its been on my mind for approaching 2 years now and Im tired of taking photos, Im tired of reading these forums, Im tired of not living like I used to because of hair, Im tired of thinking less about myself because of hair. If I got a hair transplant was finally a NW0-1 I wouldn’t be on here, I wouldn't be taking photos every couple hours and I would be doing activities without the thought of “does it look good up there”.

I'm only here to troll people and to laugh at people who recommend drinking green tea over taking finasteride.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm only here to troll people and to laugh at people who recommend drinking green tea over taking finasteride.
Theres no way lmao. Why bother, its not going to change anything for you and quite frankly the recipient as well. You must have a lot of time on your hands, Im booked from 8am to 9pm - only able to check this during sh*t breaks and lunch breaks.

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Calikid. I've seen a few successful stories of people using finasteride and dutasteride together ie dutasteride twice or 3 times a week while on finasteride etc. Have you tried the combo? Hope things are well!

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the thread! I have been looking for some info about it too, and I think this discussion here is really helpful. I have tried different Hair loss treatment, and some of it works well for me. What about you?

Last edited:

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what do you think about the 2 year difference.

1- 2 years ago
2- today
3- 2 years ago
4- today
5- 2 years ago
6- today

stable. Yes, first two photos show that you’ve lost the hairs in the corner but its nothing all too serious especially for 2 years time. That would be considered maintenance. I have the same issue as you, because you feel as though for taking a chemically altering drug you should “gain” something and not have to deal with “unfavorable hair” instead you maintain/lose at a slower rate.

In my opinion thats where a hair transplant comes in to play. If your already 30 man and still worry this much about your hair just go get it done already. Seems like a no brainer to me.

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I shake my head back and forth up and down for 30 seconds and this is what I find on my lap. it’s disgusting how much I shed. Still 200-300 hairs a a day

I feel you. Same situation for me. Touching my hair a couple of times and got this much hair. Im still loosing hundreds of hair, despite being on finasteride for 4 month.
I would give everything to stop the shedding. But it probably won't stop until every hair is gone.

Attachments

• IMG_5539.jpg
    IMG_5539.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 100

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
crown looks good to me. don't you shed any hair in the crown area ?

Zwillard90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2.5 years before and after pics. Looking to see if anyone sees much of a difference?
Also what Norwood and I?

dude your hair is good. Probably a NW2 max from that picture, if I saw you it wouldn’t stand out at all. You are chilling enjoy life and don’t trip.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
So dutasteride hurt your hairline I’m assuming because your hairline ARs are susceptible to testosterone which is common I believe. So I think the combo to go is dutasteride plus RU. You’d have to make sure the RU really gets in there.

but if you don’t want to go down that rabbit hole, why not try adding oral castor oil and microneedling? I’ve heard castor oil can improve minoxidil’s results. Easy addition to the regimen you have and microneedling can be done to generate new growth

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Frontotemporal hairs have more androgen receptors. If your AR sensitivity is high then even a small amount of DHT is enough to destroy them. Some people just can't save them no matter what. They have hair transplants to fix that

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Frontotemporal hairs have more androgen receptors. If your AR sensitivity is high then even a small amount of DHT is enough to destroy them. Some people just can't save them no matter what. They have hair transplants to fix that
It’s a bit interesting since he said his hairline got worse on dutasteride despite him reducing dht even more. I think people prone to recession will have an increased sensitivity to testosterone or other androgens as well, not just dht

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s a bit interesting since he said his hairline got worse on dutasteride despite him reducing dht even more. I think people prone to recession will have an increased sensitivity to testosterone or other androgens as well, not just dht

Of course. Any androgen is bad, but DHT is much worse than testosterone. Dutasteride isn't causing it, it's just not strong enough to stop it for some people. If you're genetically programmed to be NW7 then nothing short of castration is going to save your frontotemporal hairs.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
but skull shape bro, they’ll fall again cuz galea too big

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you say finasteride is working? Or is that a pretty standard rate of balding for 2.3 year period.
Nobody knows.

Your hair could have been similar without finasteride. Also could have been 10x worse.

Unfortunately, I nor anyone is the almighty knower.