How To Slow Down Hairline Recession.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve heard you need to take at least 5 mg for oral minoxidil to be effective. Could be wrong though.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you really want to stop it, you need to start AAs. No other option.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like you've thrown the sink at it. Some people cannot stop the train from going off the tracks. Is what it is.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What AA would you recommend? I already tried a low dose of spironolactone and got very mild gyno after 4 months. I stopped it about two months ago.
If you’re considering AAs you should already be expecting to endure the sides. Most strong AAs will give you sides. I would recommend you to start spironolactone for real this time. You will get sides, at the expense of stopping your hair loss most likely.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
My issues are same,hairline is getting shorter and becoming narrow making temples visible.
The reason is that frontal hairs esp have great number of androgen receptors so DHT hits there first with great force so that most people could do nothing but watch them slowly going away.
Hairline is hardest part to regrow,I think few could regrow it on extreme regimen

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree Man. Retorts is not possible for me at the hairline but maintenance is what I’m looking for. How you found anything that helps yours out?
So far nothing has helped me in regrowth or even maintainace. Dermarolling ,minoxidil, massages nothing helped.currently in search of new therapy .

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea man I can’t do the oral AAs unfortunately. Small dose of spironolactone 50mg gave me gyno. Is have doubled ds if I took 150/200 lol.
Then you’re out of luck. Better to leave this site and give your mind a rest, cause there is nothing you can do now.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Calikid as I’ve had the same struggle with a jack of response to treatment thought I’d weigh in.

still looks like you are holding well on your density.

I am going to give topical Dutasteride a run of 3 months alongside RU oral minoxidil, taker off of topical Finasteride. If that doesn’t help I’m going to dial back AAs keep minoxidil and hope for some reset.

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Calikid
Hairloss STOPS for some people at a certain point. Your hairloss has not changed in two years. Do yourself a favor and get off this forum.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I didn’t shed so

Thanks man. I Wish I could. But when I comb my hair I can comb out 100-150 hairs in a two minute combing session. It’s disgusting and depressing. I use to never shed before treatment and now it just pours out and is literally all over the place all throughout the day. Hard to get off my mind.
Mate, we are in exactly same shoes. I also can lost up to 100 hairs just by going through my hair with my hand over the sink. It's f*****g destructive to psyche. Also finasteride didnt work for me, took it religiously for 5 months every day and nothing changed, still shed 200-300 hairs a day. Not on minoxidil yet, cuz im scared of sh*t ruining my collagen and giving me dark circles under eyes.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5 months is nothing... I’ve been on it for 26 months. Everyone says it’s working for me despite the shedding so I’m happy i stayed on it. Granted I’m still not sold it is helping or slowing down my loss.

Do you have pictures of your after before and after starting.
Shedding =/= hair loss. You should be certain that it at least slowed down your hair loss as you’ve lost a mere centimeter of hair line in 26 months.

INT

Reaction score
Mate, we are in exactly same shoes. I also can lost up to 100 hairs just by going through my hair with my hand over the sink. It's f*****g destructive to psyche. Also finasteride didnt work for me, took it religiously for 5 months every day and nothing changed, still shed 200-300 hairs a day. Not on minoxidil yet, cuz im scared of sh*t ruining my collagen and giving me dark circles under eyes.

5 months is not even halfway to the point where you can throw in the towel.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about his side of the hairline?
You’ve lost already miniaturizing hair. Not a lot though. Considering you’re not willing to take more powerful AAs, you have no other option than to simply forget about it. I would say however, keep monitoring if more hairs will begin to miniaturize, as you may just loose the already miniaturized hairs and not experience any further hair loss.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Over two years on finasteride.

no shed prior to treatment.

Once starting treatment 200-300 hairs a day. Wtf.

this is what my pillow looks like every morning. I have to keep a lint roller next to my bed. This shed has been so tough to deal with. Will it ever stop?

I am sorry to hear that. How's the hairline, temples and crown holding up?

Dakuwaqa

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you’re considering AAs you should already be expecting to endure the sides. Most strong AAs will give you sides. I would recommend you to start spironolactone for real this time. You will get sides, at the expense of stopping your hair loss most likely.

I’ve never heard of spironolactone before. I’ve been on Finasteride for 2 years now, how do they compare ?