How To Slow Down Hairline Recession.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thinning a little but looks like you still have decent density. Overall diffuse is tough to photograph.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Wish I had your kind of “diffuse” thinning
Really? According to him, you would be bald in one year if you had his type of thinning. Be careful what you wish for.:D

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve never heard of spironolactone before. I’ve been on Finasteride for 2 years now, how do they compare ?
spironolactone is a different beast. Best to stay on finasteride for maintenance, as spironolactone is not a regrowth drug.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve never heard of spironolactone before. I’ve been on Finasteride for 2 years now, how do they compare ?

Spironolactone is a nuke compared to finastride. While the results are impressive, the side effects can be devastating. Overtime usage of the drugs will feminise men e.g. ED and gyno.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The whole thing is a complex mess tbh. i have used RU, Finasteride, dutasteride, and even tried topical spironolactone. and they are all like poison to my scalp. they make my scalp itch and speeds up the receding.

Gregor59

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
26 months .5 finasteride, 20 months oral min.

these photos are 15 months apart.

Still having concerns as I shed 200-300 hairs everyday and don’t see much regrowth/ new hairs sprouting, especially at hairline except for a hair here and there. I know everyone says I’m maintaining but I still have this feel my hair is going quicker then everyone thinks.

this is only a year and a couple months apart not 3-5 years.... you can see the hairline going back.
I dont see difference. You dont have male pattern baldness.

ButWhyTho

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try min/finasteride combo like Morr F. Substitute out your topical min with the combo. Your post is interesting. I've tried similar therapies such as PRP and oral min. I've responded well to treatments. I haven't fucked with Duta or Ru or spironolactone.

Currently I'm on 2.5 mg finasteride every other day. Oral Min 10 mg total (5 in the morning, 5 at night). And topical min/finasteride every night. After looking at some articles on topical finasteride vs oral, it was clear that topical inhibits more scalp DHT. So if you're on both then the effect of inhibition should be stronger.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I’ve been on finasteride for 2.4 years 6 months bumped to 2.5mg, 2.5 mg oral min for 20 months.

idk why I I feel like tropical are a hoax but tropical finasteride might be my next move. Where do you get your tropical finasteride?

@DoctorHouse tropical finasteride on hairline a good idea?
I don't know about tropical finasteride? Is it from a tropical country?:D If you don't have any bad side effects from taking a medication orally, then why would you need to use it topically. Topically medications are indicated when you want less systemic side effects that are unfavorable.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
spironolactone is a different beast. Best to stay on finasteride for maintenance, as spironolactone is not a regrowth drug.

Sorry, but search hairlosstalk, a couple of people i have seen on threads on got lots of regrowth from spironolactone and duta alone, no minoxidil of course how much of that was just being a good responders to 5ar inhibitors or the spironolactone is open for debate. Personally i think duta,5mg oral min and 100mg spironolactone isn't that extreme but that's just me.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You won't get more effective results with topical finasteride, at best you'll get the same results. Your only options are a higher dosage of finasteride or duasteride. All the other sh*t like PRP is a known scam.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree oral finasteride is the move for now. Topical won’t do anything. Prp I think was a scam as well. Paid $3500 for three sessions over a year ago.

I think I paid 100 euros or something absolutely tiny for my PRP, it may actually be usefull as part of a hair transplant well for that price I thought why not. But yes as standalone and at that price, that's a f*****g crime.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You say you were on dutasteride for four months on and off. What made you drop it? I think you should go back on dutasteride and stay on it consistently. Maybe also try dermarolling. And perhaps consider a small transplant to fill in your temple recession.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is dermatology viable for diffuse thinning? I’m diffuse NW5 pattern Hairline still a 1.5/2 but thinning. Switched to topical Dutasteride and losing ground fast at the hairline, crown same maybe bettter.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you saw my crown would you think I’m balding? This is three days without washing, little wet from sweat in sunlight.

I’m definitely thinning up top a little but it has maintained at the crown for the most part over these past 2.5 years
No chance. To the regular human eye it looks like a normal crown. To hairloss suffers it looks like a thin crown, if its been like thay for the past 2.5yrs Id say its probably not going to get much worse. Ever thought of a hair transplant to fill in your hairline?

edit: just saw your hair transplant insight. I think if you can afford it right now, a hair transplant would put your mind at ease for a long time. Idk, if I could maintain till 28 like this I would def get a hair transplant to fill temples even if I went to a Nw6 at 40 years old. $1,000 a year(avg) to keep my mind off my hair is def worth it even if it goes to sh*t at 40.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why wait until you're bald as f&ck to get a hair transplant? If you need one, and you do, then get one.

On that subject one consultation in london hair clinic (avoid any hair transplant surgeons in the UK as a rule) told me that he can't operate on me and I should just stop taking minoxidil and finasteride for a year so I can lose more hair so he can then operate on me. What f*cking retarded logic is that. Yeah get a consultation and he tells you to lose more hair. F&cking idiot.

Of course I went to Basinga instead, did a sterling job, 2,500 grafts and I'm now a NW0-1. I made love to 10 women straight after the hair transplant (well a week after). Women love NW0-1. Let me tell you about the c&m shots though. Even with finasteride topical, they told me that it tasted really good and had a very creamy thick texture.

A hair transplant is probably the best thing I've ever done, not that I've done much but you get the picture.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the subject of embrassment, only had two people at work making something out of it. Both are NW5 and definitely need a hair transplant so were really jealous. I took 2 weeks off, I was still with a shaved head but it was a great look. Especially now with this virus scam you can probably work from home anyway so a good time to do it if the clinics even open.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel you. I think a transplant
would be my mind at ease for several years. I'd be so embarrassed getting if done though. Wish I could don't and have no one find out.
I think people finding out should be the least of your concern. If you’re at a point where you need a hair transplant, everyone knows your hair is fucked already. So if they’re the judgey type... they’re already judging. Couldn’t see how getting it fixed would worry them and even if it did... thats them. You’re you, which would be someone growing his hair back.