Foods to avoid:
- Added sugars, including pure sugars like coca cola, candy, fruit juice, etc;
- Wheat especially white flour ... also unnecessary potato and/or corn;
- Low-fat dairy products;
- Vegetable oils, margarine;
- Processed meats;
- Animal products with steroids, antibiotics, etc;
- Possibly aspartame, not sure;

Even those have exceptions, for example wheat. Whole spud, stone ground aincorn wheat is probably far better.

I already avoid almost everything that you mentioned with the exception of low fat dairy products. I do consume low fat yogurt pretty regularly and on rare occasions low fat milk. I thought they are good for health. Do you recommend drinking whole milk and yougurt instead?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Full-fat milk and especially full-fat yogurt.

Low-fat dairy products were invented because there was a psychosis in the 1970s and 1980s, a belief that fats and especially saturated fats are bad for you. That was complete pseudoscience. Fats, cholesterols, and salts are all good for you in even generous quantities. You will build more muscle and have higher testosterone if you consume decent amounts of fats, cholesterols, and salts. People on the Atkins diet actually have better bioparameters than people on the 1990s BS low-fat diets of fruits, vegetables, and grains.

The fats in dairy products also contain nutrients since a lot of nutrients are fat soluble, finally full-fat dairy products tend to have less sugar and cause less of an insulin surge, and thus be more filling. A lot of low-fat yogurt are bursting at the seams with extra sugar.

What I do is I take plain, high-fat yogurt, I mix it with nuts, cinnamon, and honey. That was part of my lunch today, the nuts I used were linseed and almond flakes.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Full-fat milk and especially full-fat yogurt.

Low-fat dairy products were invented because there was a psychosis in the 1970s and 1980s, a belief that fats and especially saturated fats are bad for you. That was complete pseudoscience. Fats, cholesterols, and salts are all good for you in even generous quantities. You will build more muscle and have higher testosterone if you consume decent amounts of fats, cholesterols, and salts. People on the Atkins diet actually have better bioparameters than people on the 1990s BS low-fat diets of fruits, vegetables, and grains.

The fats in dairy products also contain nutrients since a lot of nutrients are fat soluble, finally full-fat dairy products tend to have less sugar and cause less of an insulin surge, and thus be more filling. A lot of low-fat yogurt are bursting at the seams with extra sugar.

What I do is I take plain, high-fat yogurt, I mix it with nuts, cinnamon, and honey. That was part of my lunch today, the nuts I used were linseed and almond flakes.

Thanks for the information. I will switch to full fat milk and yogurt. I think it's very crucial for me as dairy is the only thing I consume that has fat in it.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I will switch to full fat milk and yogurt. I think it's very crucial for me as dairy is the only thing I consume that has fat in it.

Do yourself a favour and start consuming more olive oil, and a few hundred calories of mixed nuts every day.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do yourself a favour and start consuming more olive oil, and a few hundred calories of mixed nuts every day.

I will. I actually enjoy eating nuts but I am really lazy when it comes to food. When I get hungry I just eat whatever is the easiest option with no regards to nutrition. My favorite so far are frozen foods that I can just throw in microwave for a minute or two and eat lol.

GreekGod_of_Aesthetics

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I've been lifting for 2 years consistently, I'm 12% BF with muscle, and still have low Testosterone (in the range of 300 - 400 ng/dL). I don't know my levels before I started lifting, but any increase that I had was not enormous.
My hair recession also began about this time.
That's when I also started taking creatine (stopped after 1 year), eating more of so-called good fats, as I've read they're essential for testosterone production.
Could there be any correlation? It's very hard to tell, there are so many variables at play here.
Maybe the reason some guys see hairloss after they start lifting is because that's the age when usually male pattern baldness starts to take place, idk.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I've been lifting for 2 years consistently, I'm 12% BF with muscle, and still have low Testosterone (in the range of 300 - 400 ng/dL). I don't know my levels before I started lifting, but any increase that I had was not enormous.
That's when I also started taking creatine (stopped after 1 year), eating more of so-called good fats, as I've read they're essential for testosterone production.
Could there be any correlation? It's very hard to tell, there are so many variables at play here.
Maybe the reason some guys see hairloss after they start lifting is because that's the age when usually male pattern baldness starts to take place, idk.

Yeah it's hard to tell, I've seen many opinions saying that actually low testosterone may cause hair loss too, it's all confusing.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been in a dilemma for a while now. Since finasteriade triggered hair-loss in me, I am extremely suspicious of anything that can increase my testosterone level. I have been regularly jogging for over three years now and have become quite skinny as a result. I will like to increase my muscle mass but I am worried about the impact it might have on my hair loss. I am currently a NW2.5 and will like to maintain what I have. I don't plan to become a body builder but want to look strong and in an excellent shape. Commitment to regular weight training is not a problem for me. Despite hating running, I have been able to stick to it for over three years. I didn't stop even in extreme weather. Weight training is something that I actually enjoyed before I quit so it will be really easy for me. So those of you who work out regularly, what's the best way to gain muscle without risking hair loss?

Avoid creatine, since it does increase DHT levels.

I stopped lifting for 8 years due to the fear of hair loss. I still lost ground, so I don’t think there is a correlation between lifting and hair loss.

I’ve recently started again, feel a lot better for it.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score

Probably was the creatine

My trichologist told me to avoid it since she’s seen a lot of cases of men losing their hair after taking it.

Last edited:

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would agree about not using creatine, though I haven't bothered to see if there's any new compelling evidence that it can cause hair loss, why risk it accelerating the process? It does increase DHT somewhat so you never know. On another note I would say avoid supplements altogether when working out, not in terms of protecting hair but in order to promote an overall healthier lifestyle, you may miss out on other good food that has benefits for the heart and brain if you binge on many supplements. Some of the supplements can cause your organs to work harder and potentially lead to complications like renal failure later in life. I'm also sceptical whether they are needed to build the most basic aesthetic body, I've achieved this for a long time without any supplements. Hats off to guys who are actually huge, I have no desire for this but from a scientific POV I am aware these guys work incredibly hard for it, great genetics even with use of enhancements that not all of us can get anywhere near.

Working out long term is all about deriving enjoyment from it or it will be an arduous task to keep up with it like anything. It's something I've always enjoyed regardless of whatever is going on with hair or anything. It will always improve anyone too mentally and physically so do it!

I do a full body workout 3-4 times a week with a standard set/rep and the only thing I do count is calories (roughly) because I like maintaining around 15% BF through out the year with the bit of muscle I have, any lower is of course welcome with around 12% being attainable with ease. I'm happy where I'm at and have received complements (from lads and girls) so I only do minimal tweaks now and don't focus on this but other areas of life. I no longer increase weight (protect my body long term in terms of bone, ligaments, tendons, stability) and toy around with TUT, holding eccentric contractions, rep number, superset e.t.c.

I have something like this, noticeable with clothes too. I guess everyone needs to put on different amounts of muscle depending on their body frame, height, muscle insertion and of course their goals. I see a lot of guys working on their tan too since a pale body never looks as good especially on a guy.

original.gif

Diet is the part where I try and focus in terms of overall nutrients and rough calorie count without getting too obsessed which takes the fun out of it, generally stuck to this for years. I never count protein because I think it's overplayed but try to consume it at every meal however little. Oats and milk every morning almost, for years. Consume like 24 egg whites a week, 6 whole ones, egg yolk has important nutrients for the heart and brain and can aid the lipid blood profile despite the high cholesterol which is a non issue in healthy people. 7 sardine cans a week (mercury is low in sardines and filled with calcium phospate omega 3 e.t.c) Glass of milk every day with tablespoon of peanut butter - healthy fat. 5 fruit and veg I am always a little under per day but close enough. I skip meals (before or after) if I ate or drank out with others, in which case it's just milk or a salad for me before/after.

If you don't workout you'll end up the fat guy eventually or the skinny fat one. Not my edits was looking for a representation of skinny fat, visceral fat is a ticking time bomb.

skinny-fat-21.jpg

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 124589

If you don't workout you'll end up the fat guy eventually or the skinny fat one. Not my edits was looking for a representation of skinny fat, visceral fat is a ticking time bomb.

View attachment 124590

Aesthetics aside, not working out can cause overall muscle weakness.

I only got back into the gym from becoming so weak, not being able to do simple things such as lift the shopping bag properly, getting out of breath quickly over short distances, feeling tired and sluggish

Since getting back into the gym, I have so much more energy and strength. When I’m down too, it helps with depression.

People forget this, being fit is a key component of having a healthy body and mind.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Aesthetics aside, not working out can cause overall muscle weakness.

I only got back into the gym from becoming so weak, not being able to do simple things such as lift the shopping bag properly, getting out of breath quickly over short distances, feeling tired and sluggish

Since getting back into the gym, I have so much more energy and strength. When I’m down too, it helps with depression.

People forget this, being fit is a key component of having a healthy body and mind.

Well said mate and it's good that you're back into it with more energy and fighting depression, a lot of people say that. Not only muscle but an often overlooked area is that weight lifting promotes bone modelling and mineral density increase. This is very useful as you get older especially in women who are prone to osteoporosis and secondary fractures or vertebral collapse. But lifting heavy/improper form can screw someone up badly with abdominal trauma (hernia) or chronic bone/soft tissue injuries so as with anything, balance and moderation is the best approach. My face is always lean and sharp naturally but older guys (even 30s) can develop a soft body if they are not careful.

Putin is 66 and still has a solid realistic fitness regimen - cardio and weights help anyone no matter their limit. Not bad for someone pushing 70 (compared to ordinary guys) but that BF is too high.

main-qimg-71dedd13db04664bbcaa18ba42ea8747-c.jpg

I like this transformation in the sense just getting that BF below 15% and putting on a little muscle, changes him from unfit skinny fat to athletic. Of course the lighting/tan plays an additional role.

9a027015f1336c667b9e09f528a01fbf.jpg

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would agree about not using creatine, though I haven't bothered to see if there's any new compelling evidence that it can cause hair loss, why risk it accelerating the process? It does increase DHT somewhat so you never know. On another note I would say avoid supplements altogether when working out, not in terms of protecting hair but in order to promote an overall healthier lifestyle, you may miss out on other good food that has benefits for the heart and brain if you binge on many supplements. Some of the supplements can cause your organs to work harder and potentially lead to complications like renal failure later in life. I'm also sceptical whether they are needed to build the most basic aesthetic body, I've achieved this for a long time without any supplements. Hats off to guys who are actually huge, I have no desire for this but from a scientific POV I am aware these guys work incredibly hard for it, great genetics even with use of enhancements that not all of us can get anywhere near.

Working out long term is all about deriving enjoyment from it or it will be an arduous task to keep up with it like anything. It's something I've always enjoyed regardless of whatever is going on with hair or anything. It will always improve anyone too mentally and physically so do it!

I do a full body workout 3-4 times a week with a standard set/rep and the only thing I do count is calories (roughly) because I like maintaining around 15% BF through out the year with the bit of muscle I have, any lower is of course welcome with around 12% being attainable with ease. I'm happy where I'm at and have received complements (from lads and girls) so I only do minimal tweaks now and don't focus on this but other areas of life. I no longer increase weight (protect my body long term in terms of bone, ligaments, tendons, stability) and toy around with TUT, holding eccentric contractions, rep number, superset e.t.c.

I have something like this, noticeable with clothes too. I guess everyone needs to put on different amounts of muscle depending on their body frame, height, muscle insertion and of course their goals. I see a lot of guys working on their tan too since a pale body never looks as good especially on a guy.

View attachment 124589

Diet is the part where I try and focus in terms of overall nutrients and rough calorie count without getting too obsessed which takes the fun out of it, generally stuck to this for years. I never count protein because I think it's overplayed but try to consume it at every meal however little. Oats and milk every morning almost, for years. Consume like 24 egg whites a week, 6 whole ones, egg yolk has important nutrients for the heart and brain and can aid the lipid blood profile despite the high cholesterol which is a non issue in healthy people. 7 sardine cans a week (mercury is low in sardines and filled with calcium phospate omega 3 e.t.c) Glass of milk every day with tablespoon of peanut butter - healthy fat. 5 fruit and veg I am always a little under per day but close enough. I skip meals (before or after) if I ate or drank out with others, in which case it's just milk or a salad for me before/after.

View attachment 124590

how many calories do you consume per day on average? roughly

Also, not trying to sound like one of those depressed guys that used to be on this forum but the complete majority of men who work out and try to build their body do it for 1 purpose- to attract women (or men), does it even really matter once you're bald? why even bother putting in work at the gym and eating all clean, it will barely increase your chances and even if it does it will be minimal.

honestly men don't really get it but face> body. of course being fat is another thing, but a good looking guy (face wise) with an average body (including having some fat on it) will do better at attracting women than an average to ugly looking guy (face wise) with a shredded body and a 6 pack. and of course hair is part of the face aesthetics.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score

Also, not trying to sound like one of those depressed guys that used to be on this forum but the complete majority of men who work out and try to build their body do it for 1 purpose- to attract women (or men), does it even really matter once you're bald? why even bother putting in work at the gym and eating all clean, it will barely increase your chances and even if it does it will be minimal.

honestly men don't really get it but face> body. of course being fat is another thing, but a good looking guy (face wise) with an average body (including having some fat on it) will do better at attracting women than an average to ugly looking guy (face wise) with a shredded body and a 6 pack. and of course hair is part of the face aesthetics.

That’s all true, but the health benefits of working out make it worthwhile.

Increased strength, stamina and flexibility.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Every man knows this, some are just in denial. At the same time, incels with their goddamn "blackpill" ideology underestimate the benefits of developing your body as well.

Anyway I'm naturally energetic and athletic so I enjoy lifting and practicing martial arts for fun. I never treat it like a job or a hustle.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score

No more than 2300, magic number. It doesn't matter if a few 100 extra here and there occasionally as you need a surplus of 3500 calories to put on a lb of fat/muscle - so it's more about a life change. You can calculate this figure as I'm sure you know based on height, age, exercise per week e.t.c.

We've talked a bit on PM before with your old account too, what you say is totally right but I was mainly talking about health benefits which are significant and life long. This section is for venting so if you feel like ever writing your story, it's not a problem. Anyway, you're spot on it's all face (with good hair) for spontaneous genuine attraction with everything else being a bonus. With a good face, everything else can be just "normal" and it's fine.

The thing is though it also depends on the type of girl and age group. Plus 23 educated/creative girls will be happy with an attractive face (nice hair) and rest of you looking "normal" even though they will also appreciate a good body. But the "superficial" appearing type of girls who are into cosmetics (obsessive about tan, make up, hair colour, tattoos, lip fillers, posing) will also look at the rest of you even if they are attracted to your face and you already. You can spot them a mile away. They will put emphasis on how solid your body appears, tan, how you cut and style your hair e.t.c.

gettyimages-1127768809.jpg?crop=0.701xw:1.00xh;0.jpg

Going back to your point, yep, it's not even a contest between a shredded average looking/ugly guy and a normal bodied good looking one. There are countless jacked guys like this and they get next to zero spontaneous attention despite the halo of their body and clothes because facially they are just not good enough - even for normal girls let alone hot ones. You are what your face is. They'll get attention from other guys though for their body and style and maybe a cursory glance from a girl due to the overall "effort package" but without wanting anything more. But it doesn't change the fact that they are in a much better position than other guys who aren't attractive (which accounts for a lot) and with a good personality, it offers a foot in the door even without the crush factor developing initially. It will help when girls are looking to settle down in particular. Not to mention they have presence and masculinity somewhat, there are also a very minority of girls obsessed with muscles. Same goes for a tall unattractive guy, there is some masculinity there, it may help in the same way with perseverance, better to have something than totally nothing. If you're bald, you have to tick other areas like a strong face first and foremost, good body, tan and fairly tall.

With a good face and hair, as others will also tell you on here from their experience, attraction is a done deal. You can be anywhere, even with your girl at times and they will still signal, girls can notice even better their subtle game. All they want is you to approach and show you're a normal guy, that you find something special and fun in them too. Once attraction is a done deal, girls put up with minor personality hiccups or life experiences, not going to take it as extreme as the Ted Bundy example, though that also tells you something too. If there are problems, they want to heal the guy they are invested in and have fallen for just like a guy would for a girl he likes.

In your case (I'll reply again on PM when I can) it isn't pointless because even if you can't take finasteride you can get a buzz cut type of transplant (anyone can), so keeping that body solid will still help you. Be aware though, if you want actual full hair, don't go beyond Norwood 3V, difficult to come back to nice hair beyond this, which Drs will tell you too. So it may be worth gambling on finasteride.

edit - andddd I forgot to mention designer beard, which is in demand these days.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No more than 2300, magic number. It doesn't matter if a few 100 extra here and there occasionally as you need a surplus of 3500 calories to put on a lb of fat/muscle - so it's more about a life change. You can calculate this figure as I'm sure you know based on height, age, exercise per week e.t.c.

We've talked a bit on PM before with your old account too, what you say is totally right but I was mainly talking about health benefits which are significant and life long. This section is for venting so if you feel like ever writing your story, it's not a problem. Anyway, you're spot on it's all face (with good hair) for spontaneous genuine attraction with everything else being a bonus. With a good face, everything else can be just "normal" and it's fine.

The thing is though it also depends on the type of girl and age group. Plus 23 educated/creative girls will be happy with an attractive face (nice hair) and rest of you looking "normal" even though they will also appreciate a good body. But the "superficial" appearing type of girls who are into cosmetics (obsessive about tan, make up, hair colour, tattoos, lip fillers, posing) will also look at the rest of you even if they are attracted to your face and you already. You can spot them a mile away. They will put emphasis on how solid your body appears, tan, how you cut and style your hair e.t.c.

View attachment 125130

Going back to your point, yep, it's not even a contest between a shredded average looking/ugly guy and a normal bodied good looking one. There are countless jacked guys like this and they get next to zero spontaneous attention despite the halo of their body and clothes because facially they are just not good enough - even for normal girls let alone hot ones. You are what your face is. They'll get attention from other guys though for their body and style and maybe a cursory glance from a girl due to the overall "effort package" but without wanting anything more. But it doesn't change the fact that they are in a much better position than other guys who aren't attractive (which accounts for a lot) and with a good personality, it offers a foot in the door even without the crush factor developing initially. It will help when girls are looking to settle down in particular. Not to mention they have presence and masculinity somewhat, there are also a very minority of girls obsessed with muscles. Same goes for a tall unattractive guy, there is some masculinity there, it may help in the same way with perseverance, better to have something than totally nothing. If you're bald, you have to tick other areas like a strong face first and foremost, good body, tan and fairly tall.

With a good face and hair, as others will also tell you on here from their experience, attraction is a done deal. You can be anywhere, even with your girl at times and they will still signal, girls can notice even better their subtle game. All they want is you to approach and show you're a normal guy, that you find something special and fun in them too. Once attraction is a done deal, girls put up with minor personality hiccups or life experiences, not going to take it as extreme as the Ted Bundy example, though that also tells you something too. If there are problems, they want to heal the guy they are invested in and have fallen for just like a guy would for a girl he likes.

In your case (I'll reply again on PM when I can) it isn't pointless because even if you can't take finasteride you can get a buzz cut type of transplant (anyone can), so keeping that body solid will still help you. Be aware though, if you want actual full hair, don't go beyond Norwood 3V, difficult to come back to nice hair beyond this, which Drs will tell you too. So it may be worth gambling on finasteride.

edit - andddd I forgot to mention designer beard, which is in demand these days.

sure, sports gives you health benefits, but those health benefits don't go beyond 30-60 minutes a day of just walking and maybe having 10 min of some exercisin- as doctors/science say, from that to working out lifting weights an hour 3-4 times a week and having a strict diet- that is purely for building your body/toning it out rather than getting any health benfits, and is purely pointless if you don't look good. unless you like it of course, but as I said most men (and I will bet my life on it) do it in the hopes of attracting women better- and that is pointless.

---------------
how can you get a buzz cut type of transplant when all your hair is falling out and will eventually end up with max norwood, and I don't think buzz cut would work with a diffused hair loss like mine, I noticed that the shorter my hair is the worse my hair looks, with longer hair I can basically hide 90-95% of hair loss, even the hair line.

PlsTsuji

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro you worry about weightlifting? You know you can do bodyweight exercises? I am doing bodyweight for 7 years now(Im 20) every day and tbh I think it builds your body better than weights and machines

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
sure, sports gives you health benefits, but those health benefits don't go beyond 30-60 minutes a day of just walking and maybe having 10 min of some exercisin- as doctors/science say, from that to working out lifting weights an hour 3-4 times a week and having a strict diet- that is purely for building your body/toning it out rather than getting any health benfits, and is purely pointless if you don't look good. unless you like it of course, but as I said most men (and I will bet my life on it) do it in the hopes of attracting women better- and that is pointless.

---------------
how can you get a buzz cut type of transplant when all your hair is falling out and will eventually end up with max norwood, and I don't think buzz cut would work with a diffused hair loss like mine, I noticed that the shorter my hair is the worse my hair looks, with longer hair I can basically hide 90-95% of hair loss, even the hair line.

You're probably thinking of teens and under 25. After that, most people do it for feeling good about themselves/health benefits because they are already in established relationships. I never liked seeing a soft body in the mirror ever, I was like that at 17 and always will be. Sure compliments are nice but to put it in perspective even if I was the last human left I would still take finasteride, lift weights e.t.c. Is that stupid? Maybe, but I feel good when I am at my best no matter what age I am, I'm sure others relate. Walking is good but unless it is fast paced walking, the cardio benefits are a little less though it's good for the musculoskeletal system and perhaps weight control. Intense bursts of short exercise have almost the same benefits as running for hours. I do light sparring boxing and circuits every so often, it's good.

You need to do some reading about hair and your situation so you have a better understanding. Long hair hides your diffuse loss you know why? Because it isn't extremely bad yet from what you showed me. But if it's bothering you, imagine how serious hair loss will? This is inevitable if you don't jump on finasteride but I know your reasons why you can't. At that point your multiple transplants will not even look anything like how your native hair and situation currently is - with all that time and money thrown at it and possible donor scarring/appearing thinner there too. That's why I suggested that when you lose all your hair (without treatment) the best you can do is transplant maximum grafts and maintain a buzz cut. Sure it looks diffuse buzzed and not the same as a full head buzz, but it can still look aesthetic (if the rest of you is on point) and lots of buzz cuts can look thin anyway even on people with normal hair. If you have like 8-10k grafts and you have medium hair calibre, maybe you can grow it out - you need to see a Dr for this.

Bro you worry about weightlifting? You know you can do bodyweight exercises? I am doing bodyweight for 7 years now(Im 20) every day and tbh I think it builds your body better than weights and machines

I knew a guy like this when I used to play football casually and he had a solid body from it. Always told me that bodyweight training takes longer than weights but produces a better body as more compound. TBH I am not sure, definitely you can get a nice body from bodyweights but you can hit a wall quick so it depends on your goals. Also the really ripped guys with some size on a bodyweight program have great genetics and incredible flexibility allowing them to do all sorts of wonderful exercises that puts a lot of strain on their body. A weaker body may breakdown unlike theirs. I would be interested in what type of exercises you do exactly and sets/reps. Also when people start using a weighted vest is it really body weight anymore ;)

I think this guy is a big advocate of calisthenics and bar work, I occasionally view for tips