How To Gain Muscle Without Risking Hair

PlsTsuji

My Regimen
Reaction score
I knew a guy like this when I used to play football casually and he had a solid body from it. Always told me that bodyweight training takes longer than weights but produces a better body as more compound. TBH I am not sure, definitely you can get a nice body from bodyweights but you can hit a wall quick so it depends on your goals. Also the really ripped guys with some size on a bodyweight program have great genetics and incredible flexibility allowing them to do all sorts of wonderful exercises that puts a lot of strain on their body. A weaker body may breakdown unlike theirs. I would be interested in what type of exercises you do exactly and sets/reps. Also when people start using a weighted vest is it really body weight anymore ;)

I think this guy is a big advocate of calisthenics and bar work, I occasionally view for tips

You can do all kinds of exercises, me personally I mostly do various push ups, pull ups, dips for upper body, for abs bodyweight exercises are the best especially on the bar, for legs IMO there is no better exercises than squats and calve raises and I do them with weights but I mix them with bodyweight squat jumps, lunges and other.. so I only use weights when it comes to squats and calve raises because bodyweight is just to easy

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just had a derm check my hair after 8 weeks of weight training.

Hair loss is stable , with some regrowth (zix plus LLLT) and I have lost 4 % body fat and gained 1kg of muscle in that time

Women like to touch my arms more since bulking slightly

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
try to stay clear from creatin, I think that jumpstarted my hair loss.. maybe it's just all in my head but I've heard about others who've had similar experiences.

My derm confirmed that it is bad for hair.

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
... there's just no solution. If RU and spironolactone and what not does nothing, im going to buy a wig and start cycling trenbolone acetate and testosterone not giving a single f***.
lmao.... I was honestly considering this before I started shedding. No jokes.

Tired of mediocre hair and muscles when I can have a glorious hair system of the Gods and be built like the Rock.

GreekGod_of_Aesthetics

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone else that got acne on the back ('backne') either from creatine or from lifting itself? What's that about..:eek:
Mines didn't quite went away when I stopped the creatine, but they reduced overtime

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're probably thinking of teens and under 25. After that, most people do it for feeling good about themselves/health benefits because they are already in established relationships. I never liked seeing a soft body in the mirror ever, I was like that at 17 and always will be. Sure compliments are nice but to put it in perspective even if I was the last human left I would still take finasteride, lift weights e.t.c. Is that stupid? Maybe, but I feel good when I am at my best no matter what age I am, I'm sure others relate. Walking is good but unless it is fast paced walking, the cardio benefits are a little less though it's good for the musculoskeletal system and perhaps weight control. Intense bursts of short exercise have almost the same benefits as running for hours. I do light sparring boxing and circuits every so often, it's good.

You need to do some reading about hair and your situation so you have a better understanding. Long hair hides your diffuse loss you know why? Because it isn't extremely bad yet from what you showed me. But if it's bothering you, imagine how serious hair loss will? This is inevitable if you don't jump on finasteride but I know your reasons why you can't. At that point your multiple transplants will not even look anything like how your native hair and situation currently is - with all that time and money thrown at it and possible donor scarring/appearing thinner there too. That's why I suggested that when you lose all your hair (without treatment) the best you can do is transplant maximum grafts and maintain a buzz cut. Sure it looks diffuse buzzed and not the same as a full head buzz, but it can still look aesthetic (if the rest of you is on point) and lots of buzz cuts can look thin anyway even on people with normal hair. If you have like 8-10k grafts and you have medium hair calibre, maybe you can grow it out - you need to see a Dr for this.

I knew a guy like this when I used to play football casually and he had a solid body from it. Always told me that bodyweight training takes longer than weights but produces a better body as more compound. TBH I am not sure, definitely you can get a nice body from bodyweights but you can hit a wall quick so it depends on your goals. Also the really ripped guys with some size on a bodyweight program have great genetics and incredible flexibility allowing them to do all sorts of wonderful exercises that puts a lot of strain on their body. A weaker body may breakdown unlike theirs. I would be interested in what type of exercises you do exactly and sets/reps. Also when people start using a weighted vest is it really body weight anymore ;)

I think this guy is a big advocate of calisthenics and bar work, I occasionally view for tips

took me forever to log back on to the website, tried to recover my password this website email system just didn't work the past 3 weeks lol.
Could you check dms?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really? That's interesting. Did she explain the mechanics as to why? Like I said, my hair first started going when I took a cycle of creatine. I always thought it was just coincidence, but now that you've told me your derm said there is a connection, I'm starting to wonder...

Increases DHT