How To Gain Muscle Without Risking Hair

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
To reiterate, working out is not just about impressing women.

It's also good for the brain and the heart.

Half the people on this forum are going to die of heart disease. 10% will get Alzheimer's.

Take care of yourselves.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
more testosterone DOES mean more DHT, most guys at the gym who cycle roids also take finasteride along with it.
roids make your testosterone sky high and so it makes you lose hair faster, but if you go naturally I don't know how bad it will make your hair loss.
there is a huge different in testosterone when it's natural vs roids.

plus, in my opinion it's a better option to work out for a rocking body and take the risk for faster hair loss, than to stay a noodle just to keep your hair for another year or two.

Do you have a source for that?

shookwun

Reaction score
Bodybuilding, and building a great physique goes beyond impressing others. it builds character, and has definitely aided me towards a healthier mind set in return My posture, the way I compose myself, and my presence and the aura that reflects when I enter a room. Everyone notices, and I love it. It took me many years of lifting weights to achieve a great body and at this point its for myself, and I could care less about what anyone thinks.

real simple. Do you want continue looking like a pathetic twink with a balding chrome, and ooze the fatigue, and cuckold look or would you rather look viral, and masculine? Women get real submissive around a man with strong presence, it makes them feel feminine around a dominant man who could take her life with his bare hands if he wanted to. Women like to feel helpless around a stud with strong presence and demeanor.

157061d1411517567-forumla-cafe-jennifer-lawrence-the-fappening-icloud-celebrities-leaked-phot.jpg

Last edited:

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exercising properly will give you tremendous benefits, so you shouldn't stop exercising on the basis of mediocre speculation.

Jogging is mostly a waste of time by the way. If you're concerned about your health and your sexuality, your best bets are high-intensity interval training, martial arts, yoga, and heavy weight lifting.

Swimming is a pain to arrange properly. There's a lot of overhead involved in getting access to an olympic sized lane, they're only open in certain hours, etc.

Honestly, would you be willing to live with more ambition, more sex drive, better sleep, slimmer body, faster metabolism, lower risk of heart disease, less pain, et cetera if it means possibly having marginally faster hair loss?

I can try to explain why am I in a dilemma. Even though I don't have much muscle, I can still attract pretty good looking women (in real life, not online). Getting dates with them has not been a problem for me. So I am pretty happy with the status quo in terms of women. Now working out may disrupt the status quo. It will either make things better(if I don't lose hair and just gain muscle) or make it worse (by making me lose hair). Since there is a chance it may make things worse, I am scared to break the status quo :(. Anyway considering all the advantages of working out, I have decided to start the weight training and also keep an eye on my hair. If it gets worse, then I might stop. I am 34 years old and if I don't gain muscle now, it will be much harder to get it in older age.

shookwun

Reaction score
I think online is the best indicator to whether or not you're handsome or average. Real simple!

if you get lots of dates online you are above average.

Women don't rele give second thoughts to average schmoes on the online scene. it is a testament to your value /

balding head? forget about it. My as well offer bi curious glory sessions on craigs list. better luck at action oriented gigs. Be surprised, most of you might like a nut shake surprise, and kielbasa meal more then you thought.:D

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
As you transition from teens, to twenties, to thirties to forties, women will be less and less attracted to twinks whose physiques communicate the ability to play dodge ball in gym class, and more and more attracted to men whose physique communicates power and leadership.

The other factor is that when you are 20, all other men are fit, so being fit makes you merely average. When you are 30, 35, 40, the norm is the beer belly and the triple chin, particularly in the United States, so if you can stay fit it makes you exceptional.

You will get better girls at fixed enthusiasm, or more enthusiasm from the same girls, if you become a better looking man. I hold that this is obvious.

Anyway, you're making the right decision. I've been weightlifting decently since April 2015 approximately, and really raised the intensity in May 2016. If you want any pointers or discussion of programs, food, supplements, etc feel free to ask. If you're starting out and you have no idea what you're doing and you have the money, I recommend hiring a personal trainer to teach you proper form, and watching some youtube videos to learn proper form. Every exercise I've ever been curious about is explained on youtube.

shookwun

Reaction score
I can assure you men who retain there hair, and a fit physique in there 30s and above are the cream of the crop. many women will flock, and want to have encounters with you. Even younger women in this regard. It's a turn on for them to be around a sucessful older while still looking young and viral type of man.

Bald and unfit in your thirties? My as well get a brazzer prescription, and take that fleshlight out of holding, because that will be the norm from then forward.

I know guys in there 30s at my gym who are pounding young twenty year olds like no tomorrow.

Hairon

Established Member
Reaction score
I can assure you men who retain there hair, and a fit physique in there 30s and above are the cream of the crop. many women will flock, and want to have encounters with you. Even younger women in this regard. It's a turn on for them to be around a sucessful older while still looking young and viral type of man.

Bald and unfit in your thirties? My as well get a brazzer prescription, and take that fleshlight out of holding, because that will be the norm from then forward.

I know guys in there 30s at my gym who are pounding young twenty year olds like no tomorrow.
probably because they are good looking, not necessarily because of their physique

shookwun

Reaction score
Who said it was because of there physique? its the whole package. if you want that x factor, and twighlight attraction in your 30s, and 40s.... a full head of hair, good physique and job will score you everything, and anything. Thats a given.

Men who say you cannot get young chicks as an older guy are out of touch. Ye men who are ugly, balding, and have sh*t tier jobs.

You cover those 3 bases and young tighties will be all over the stud with a full deck of in his hand

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shook, at what level of goodness does "good" job start?

shookwun

Reaction score
it is all relative, how ever it is not a pre requisite for short term encounters, and sustaining a womens interest. That is reflected by your levels of aesthetics and ultimately forms how compatible you are with a women. It's all related, how receptive a women is to you is almost entirely related to her attraction to you. Less attractive, more easier to dismiss, and find some one new.

I don't know what constitutes as a good job, pay wise... as every where state and province has different variables involved. Generally though, if you have a career, room for advancement, are able to take on additional responsibilities & roles. Jobs that encourage upgrading your skills, and invest in there employees are what I consider a good job. Places that provide good incentives, benefits and reward programs in place are what constitute as good companies, in return good employees.

A sh*t job is can be summed up as 'where you start is where you end' Doesn't offer room to grow, take on extra responsibilities and will feel like you are being limited, and capped. Not rele difficult to know if you work a sh*t job.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Meh.....I would take a healthy looking body over a full head of hair any day.
Said the man who has "most days a full head of hair" at 40

shookwun

Reaction score
actually on a bodybuilding forum I browse full of 30,40 and 50+ Almost all said they would rather have a full head of hair then a jacked physique.

Kinda funny how this same bodybuilding forum, guys are always pointing out and talking about other peoples hairlines.

Hair is something thats sensitive, and valuable of any age. Even better to attain as you get older.

I can only imagine how much pussy older dudes with a full head of hair pull to their thinning, and balding counter parts.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyway, you're making the right decision. I've been weightlifting decently since April 2015 approximately, and really raised the intensity in May 2016. If you want any pointers or discussion of programs, food, supplements, etc feel free to ask. If you're starting out and you have no idea what you're doing and you have the money, I recommend hiring a personal trainer to teach you proper form, and watching some youtube videos to learn proper form. Every exercise I've ever been curious about is explained on youtube.

Thanks for offering help. I will need it. My main concern is food as I am a strict vegetarian so egg and meat is off the table. However I can drink milk and eat yogurt so that should help. I think hiring a personal trainer will be a really good idea, especially those who have experience in training vegetarians like me.

shookwun

Reaction score
Waste of money. Learn as you go.

Trial and error. The Internet is a great resource for training. ....

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think online is the best indicator to whether or not you're handsome or average. Real simple!

if you get lots of dates online you are above average.

Women don't rele give second thoughts to average schmoes on the online scene. it is a testament to your value /

balding head? forget about it. My as well offer bi curious glory sessions on craigs list. better luck at action oriented gigs. Be surprised, most of you might like a nut shake surprise, and kielbasa meal more then you thought.:D

I am well aware of my mediocrity now :) However, I wasn't always like this. Oh how I miss my NW0 now :(

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I disagree with shookwun, I think a good personal trainer is a good investment, but it depends on your income and how good the personal trainer is and how much you need it. If you're a great dancer for example you probably have high body intelligence, and can understand how your body is supposed to move. Right now I have an excellent trainer, so I don't mind paying. He designs really elaborate and sophisticated training sessions.

As for vegetarianism, I personally think it's a bad idea. It's possible to be a healthy vegetarian, but it's much harder. What exactly is the logic behind eating dairy but not eggs? They're both secondary animal products and the ethical and environmental considerations are comparable. Also eggs are marvellously healthy. High-fat dairy products, nuts, soy, beans, and sources like hemp protein shakes or pea protein shakes are probably your best bet.

You don't need a trainer for diet imo. You need a lot of free time to read up on nutrition and internalize things. I also benefited from a different kind of trainer: I took cooking classes.

Personally, I'm leaning toward phasing out protein shakes, once my current stash runs out I probably won't be buying a replacement. I think 100-120 grams of protein is probably sufficient, and since I'm not a vegetarian I can get that from food.

shookwun

Reaction score
I wouldn't be to hard on youself. Women have seas of men to choose from. These same people rejecting you are amongst those you could probably pick up in real life if you are successful like you mention.

Women have so much to choose from. Had I been in that situation I wouldn't blame them. If I had seas of women to choose from, why would I go for a plain Jane when I can have a pretty tight waisted busty wh***.

I wouldn't be to Hard on yourself.....just be realistic. Why would a women go for a balding man on the dating app when she can have a chad esque male. Who is well at her disposal

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
As for vegetarianism, I personally think it's a bad idea. It's possible to be a healthy vegetarian, but it's much harder. What exactly is the logic behind eating dairy but not eggs? They're both secondary animal products and the ethical and environmental considerations are comparable. Also eggs are marvellously healthy. High-fat dairy products, nuts, soy, beans, and sources like hemp protein shakes or pea protein shakes are probably your best bet.

My parents raised me on a strict vegetarian diet. They didn't allow me to eat eggs as they believed a potential life is killed in the process. I don't really hold the same views as them but since I was raised to not eat meat and eggs, I just find it very difficult to consume them as they just gross me out. I have tried to eat them in the past but was unable to do so. However, I think I can force myself to start eating eggs regularly.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
My parents raised me on a strict vegetarian diet. They didn't allow me to eat eggs as they believed a potential life is killed in the process. I don't really hold the same views as them but since I was raised to not eat meat and eggs, I just find it very difficult to consume them as they just gross me out. I have tried to eat them in the past but was unable to do so. However, I think I can force myself to start eating eggs regularly.

I was raised Jewish, it took me a lot of effort to learn to eat pork and shrimp (very recently), and even meat with dairy (ten years ago), I understand you situation.

IMO eggs are a fabulously nutritious food source, particularly free-range omega-3 eggs. If you have no rational objections, you can figure out how to eat them.

In general though, as pointed out by Jason Fung, there are multiple ways to eat healthy. With only 2,500 calories a day there's no way you're getting all the so-called superfoods, so it's fine to avoid this or that great food.

Foods to avoid:
- Added sugars, including pure sugars like coca cola, candy, fruit juice, etc;
- Wheat especially white flour ... also unnecessary potato and/or corn;
- Low-fat dairy products;
- Vegetable oils, margarine;
- Processed meats;
- Animal products with steroids, antibiotics, etc;
- Possibly aspartame, not sure;

Even those have exceptions, for example wheat. Whole spud, stone ground aincorn wheat is probably far better.

Last edited: