How to deal with side effects from Propecia

Prop

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: How to deal with side effects from finasteride

someone with PFS experienced also difficult evacuation?

i heard some but i'm not sure

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score

epro said:
I've got one more question. Last night i had panic attack, or something similar to this what i have exerienced when i was crashing. Should i worry this or this is normal reaction of my organism?

Epro, do you experience panic attacks regularly? I do not have PFS, but i've experienced thousands of panic attacks in my lifetime, and there are tons of very effective techniques you can use to stop them in their tracks. PM me if you would like some advice on stopping them, because I know exactly how unpleasant they are! After using these techniques, I went from twice-daily panic attacks to not having had one in 2 years.

They are simply a result of your thoughts racing and getting carried away, and the release of adrenaline into your bloodstream. It's something that's very easy to stop before it gets out of hand.

epro

Reaction score

My body hair are growing as before finasteride so i think my dht level are came back. I suppose that rest of my problems like penis shrinkage, worse penis woods, panic-paranoic attacks are caused by stress (deep subconsious-level).

Ende

Reaction score

No, it's a physical problem, although I'm sure anxiety can make it worse.

Prop

Established Member
Reaction score

enden, i need ur advice about hcg

i'm considering to try hcg drops.
(i heard r less strong than injections)

where i can find a reliable seller on the web?
did u ever tried it?

Ende

Reaction score

Forget about it. Subcutaneous injections are the way to go. I recommend 125 i.u. a day - or approximately 400 i.u. twice a week. I read about an experiment which showed that a shot of 350 - 400 i.u. hCG made the testicles produce a high, but normal amount of testosterone. You need regular blood tests if you're going to try this, and you should only do it if your testosterone level is low. You should think about it, and send me a PM if you don't have any sources. Personally, I would use hCG or hMG if I was going to try to get my system going again, but Clomid might be a safer alternative (25 mg a day for a month) - as hCG may desensitize the testicles, and this will induce primary hypogonadism, because they'll not react properly to stimulation from LH anymore. Keep in mind that all these treatments are notorious for aromatization - they will increase the estrogen level as well.

I've experience with hCG injections only.

Prop

Established Member
Reaction score

Enden said:
Forget about it. Subcutaneous injections are the way to go

enden, i need only a very small kickstart to my testis so i would prefer hcg drops.
u know that my recovery politics is use only integrators

i 'm only thinking about hcg drops, but for sure i don't take hcg injections
i have already hi LH, so i must be careful

my ormonal panel is different from the general PFS "standard" secondary hypogonadism

i think i'm on right way, i'm slowly recovering so i don't want to risk

Ende

Reaction score

I don't think hCG drops are effective at all.

Ende

Reaction score

Up!

I've added some new information.

epro

Reaction score
Can i use fluridil? Is it safe? Well, my penis is slowly becoming harder and heavier, but my libido is very low now, but i hope it is a matter of time. It is only two months since i quit.

Ende

Reaction score
That's good news! No. People have reported systemic side effects from Eucapil. I recommend that you don't use an anti-androgen before you're recovered. However, it's your choice, and you should talk to monty1978 if you don't want to listen to my advice.

I strongly recommend that you get hold of cabergoline, and use 0.25 mg twice a week, for 2 - 4 weeks. It'll deplete your prolactin level, and increase your libido. Estrogen increases prolactin, so when you have a problem with estrogen, I guarantee you that you have a problem with prolactin as well.

Ende

Reaction score
Yeah, but we're passed talking about "normal levels". Say if your prolactin level is supposed to be in the low third of the the normal range, then it'll affect you negatively - if it's in upper end of the range.

epro

Reaction score
I need a prescription for dostinex, and i won't get it because my prolactin is in range.

epro

Reaction score
I am using nizoral cream and nr-07 which contains few dht blockers. I don't have any sides from this. I stopped taking zinc cause it makes my penis smaller/shrinkage etc. I am using l-arginine but it's weak. Do you think i should buy tribulus or maybe maca, what do you think?

Ende

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
yeah but mine was low normal. I can't remember exactly but I do remember thinking no matter how I look at it if high is bad then I'm ok cos it was certainly low by any measure.

I'll double check!
Yeah, I don't remember, but wasn't you estrogen level low too? You took the test after using treatments to lower it? This lowers the prolactin level as well. However, cabergoline is well tolerated by most people at low doses like this, and prolactin doesn't do anything good, but it may f*** up your sexual function. Also, trust me on this one, I've seen a lot of people in the community with high prolactin level, and Dr. Shippen identified prolactin as one of the problems as well. In addition to this, a manufacturer of generic finasteride, said that the sexual problems caused by Propecia, was often related to prolactin. One of the members at PH contacted them and asked about this, when the side effects didn't subside after quitting the medication. My prolactin level was twice as high as normal...

Ende

Reaction score
epro said:
unavailable?
Yes, all medications are available without prescriptions. You don't need a doctor to prescribe anything. Of course, you can't buy them at your local pharmacy without a prescription, but there are other sources.

epro

Reaction score
Enden said:
epro said:
unavailable?
Yes, all medications are available without prescriptions. You don't need a doctor to prescribe anything. Of course, you can't buy them at your local pharmacy without a prescription, but there are other sources.

Ok, but my prolactin is in range so why i should lower it? I though about some supplements like yohimbe or tribulus for libido.

Ende

Reaction score
It's difficult to manage estrogen. I recommend another blood test before the second run with Clomid - to see if your testosterone level is in the low range again, and don't use an AI during treatment, at least not before the last week. It's very important that you stop treatment with the AI - immediately - when you get a solid morning erection. It's wise to deplete the prolactin level too.

Say 4 weeks with 25 mg Clomid a day, start treatment with cabergoline at week 3, and continue throughout week 4 - with 0.25 mg twice a week. Begin treatment with microdoses of Arimidex on week 4, and quit all treatments when you get a solid morning erection. Adjust with microdoses of Arimidex if necessary, but be very careful. That's what I would do.