How to deal with side effects from Propecia

Ende

Reaction score
The article has been removed. It's now exclusive to members at StopMPB.com

Ende

Reaction score
Re: Dealing with side effects from finasteride

rtpatter said:
Are you speaking from personal experience?
Yes, I've personal experience with all of it.

Ende

Reaction score
Re: How to deal with side effects from finasteride

I know there are som lurkers from propeciahelp.com here. I've recently done some blood work, and the result revealed elevated estrogen level and hyperprolactinaemia. I'm currently investigating the case, and it seems like this might be a missing link. Prolactin is upregulated by estrogen, and in men, this condition leads to reduced libido, erectile dysfunction and in the end, secondary hypogonadism. It's probably the main reason I'm still having some trouble with libido and ED while being on HRT. It makes sense, and I'm currently looking for a doctor to help me with anastrozole and cabergoline treatment.

Fender89

Established Member
Reaction score

enden i think it's very honourable that you are helping out with the propecia sides. fair play to you man!

Ende

Reaction score

Thanks. It's nice to hear :) I'm still working on solving the case, but the information which is available now, should stop the drug from damaging more people.

barcafan

Reaction score

good idea for arimidex would be to get it from a compounding pharmacy, compounded to .05 mg per cap.

This way you can dose to a much higher precision, seeing as how even splitting a pill to .25 might be too much for someone who metabolizes the drug slowly.

Low estrogen is just as bad as high estrogen.

Ende

Reaction score

Yeah, it's a very potent drug. That's for sure.

Ende

Reaction score

It's very hard do dose correctly, so I wouldn't touch it without the support of a doctor. Your blood values need to be monitored. You will feel really bad when your estrogen level gets too low, and you can't tell before it's too late. It affects your joints, brain function and sexual function, and it may take several weeks to recover. I see zinc as a better option if you don't have ED and/or gynecomastia.

Reduced penis sensitivity is probably due to less blood flowing because of atrophied penile muscles. You should check your hormone levels, and do kegel exercises if they look good. It has improved my ED.

Watery semen is most likely due to DHT deficiency. It's not an issue for me, but I noticed normalization of semen when I experimented with Andractim.

Ende

Reaction score

Seems like your body recovered the testosterone production on its own then. I would check all the hormone levels. Don't touch anything before you've done that. The sexual function is the hardest part to recover.

messedup

Reaction score

Enden, I think I'm developing gyno, as my chest has been burning and itching like crazy the last few days. What kind of doctor will prescribe you arimidex? Can I get this from my GP or will I have to see an endocrinologist? If I can get this from my GP, what do I tell him?

Ende

Reaction score

Any problems with libido or erections? Do you feel any lumps in your chest? Those lumps really hurt when they begin to grow. Your GP may prescribe this if a blood test shows elevated estrogen level. It'll be above range if you get gynecomastia. Tell him that you're using finasteride, and that your estrogen level is raising because of DHT deficiency. You don't want to get off the drug, and need an aromatase inhibitor to keep the estrogen under control. Make sure he monitors your blood values until they're stable. He shouldn't prescribe more than 0.5 mg twice a week.

messedup

Reaction score

Yes, I've been having problems with libido and erections for several weeks now. I don't feel any lumps yet, but there is definitely something going on, as the burning/pain is constant, and largely centralized around my nipples.

I already told my GP I wasn't on finasteride anymore, so that's a no go. I went to him previously for the prostatitis problem I've experienced since quitting, and they referred me to a urologist. I told the GP the entire story about how I got off finasteride and all these awful things have happened... I don't think he believes me, but I guess it's worth a shot to see if they'll check my blood.

I think I'll try to get in to see him in the morning. This is such a mess...

Ende

Reaction score

The problem with some doctors are that they don't see the whole picture. You've been using finasteride which lowered your DHT level by 60 - 70%. DHT counters estrogen, and the estrogen level raises in some cases because of DHT deficiency. Estrogen supresses LH, which means reduced testosterone production. Your problems with libido, erections and prostate are most likely because of increased estrogen level and lowered testosterone level, and gynecomastia... You're at high risk of developing secondary hypogonadism if this is the case, and you shouldn't wait and see what happens. Find someone who will help you with arimidex treatment. Use zinc until you do.

Remember to check your prolactin level too. It's important.

Ende

Reaction score

monty1978 said:
Right enden I need your help. I f***ed myself permenently taking duts and it aint going away so i am gonna carry on with fluridil as to an extent it is working but i may hit propecia agian. Only when I have got loads of money, which isn't now but business is good and I should be able to throw a grand a stuff.

If however my balls stop trying bore there way up my *** and my dick starts actually hanging off my body again an my sperm atually fires out and wants to every day with or without my concent then obviously not. But that aint gonna happen so I may aswell hit finasteride again and get my hair back andattempt to control my HPT axis.

Please help me out I reckon you know loads more than me. :)
How bad is it, exactly? First of all, you need a blood test. Nothing can be done without it. Check LH, FSH, testosterone, estrogen, prolactin and SHBG. Get a copy of the numbers, and ask for the ranges. Don't use finasteride again before you've recovered. I'm supressing my HPTA with TRT, so it doesn't make much difference for me.

Ende

Reaction score

I don't know. I mean, they say everything should return to normal once you quit, but we both know that's not the case for everyone. What's done is done. Libido is a very sensitive function. Do you have morning erections? Probably not, but I've to ask. I think all this is reversible and managable.

Ende

Reaction score

Those f*****g doctors... I recently visited a doctor to do some blood work. He didn't like what I'm doing, so he wouldn't help me with regular tests. I just called in to get the result, and someone had censored the testosterone level. I said before I left the office, that I think I'm currently low, as I've not been doing injections since july. That stupid f*** forgot to censor LH, which indicates that I was right, since my body had begun producing testosterone on its own again. Prolactin is now way below the range, so I'll discontinue treatment with cabergoline, which I must say is a very potent drug too. Estrogen is low, as testosterone, so all I've to do now is do my injections once a week, and wait for the body to balance itself. I'll use arimidex again if estrogen gets out of range. Treatment with oxandrolone is initiated, and it makes a big difference during workout, even at 10 mg a day.

I had to get that out.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score

Had my post typed up but browser decided to freaking shut.

I don't blame you. I know I do that more than most here.

Couldn't get any bloodwork done myself the other day...there goes 10 dollars copay for nothing, wonder why I wasn't reimbursed for having a Doctor (who by the way thought finasteride inhibits testosterone...) tell me she can't do what I wanted to find out. How retarded. I understand it costs to get tests done but I should at least...bah whatever.

She said definitely come back if I don't notice the slight sides going away (clear semen) now that the other day (that being the same day...later on) I noticed my semen is a LOT whiter and dense...guess that test isn't going to be done.

Ende

Reaction score

Whaaat... I would call back and ask her how the hell she would know what's wrong - if something goes wrong, when she didn't map your hormone levels now. Whatever you've to pay for the test, it's cheap insurance. Believe me. Most doctors are arrogant pricks who got their head stuck up their ***.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score

Well, what SHE agreed on was that I should come back and get a test done only if the slight sides dont go away. She doesn't see a good enough reason if I just recently went off the drug. She said wait and see if the sides will go, since more than likely they will go if they are slight. Well, coincidentally...pretty much my only noticeable side (clear semen) vanished...just like that. Could be bcause I fapped dry, then again, i don't know how dry fapping makes semen go white.

Then the fact holding my piss isn't super hard anymore...

am i improving just with one week of propecia? Damn...bet my hair's gonna start falling off any minute. :sobbing: