How To Cure Baldness By Altering Hormones While Retaining Masculinity

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Use bicalutamide (50mg/day) and estradiol (2mg/day) instead of combining estradiol and CPA. It will be safer in the long-run, seemingly. It will reduce your sebum production significantly, leading to blemish-free skin. Since your skin is free from acne, you will notice that the post-acne marks will fade faster nonetheless. Although, it does help to incorporate a skincare routine which will aid the marks to fade faster.

Are you aware of the side effects of using estradiol?
Bica is really expensive here. I was thinking CPA + oral estrogen ( i never intended to take estrogen or CPA in the first place but i am desperate to regrow my temples and overall hair health + some added skin benefits hopefully). I know not all Estrogen forms are equal, but what do you recommend?? Is 17b-estrogen the strongest form of oral estrogen ?? Also please tell me all side effects (or the most common) of taking oral estrogen + CPA. Would CPA cause me testicular atrophy ??!!

Last edited:

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bica is really expensive here. I was thinking CPA + oral estrogen ( i never intended to take estrogen or CPA in the first place but i am desperate to regrow my temples and overall hair health + some added skin benefits hopefully). I know not all Estrogen forms are equal, but what do you recommend?? Is 17b-estrogen the strongest form of oral estrogen ?? Also please tell me all side effects (or the most common) of taking oral estrogen + CPA. Would CPA cause me testicular atrophy ??!!

You do realise that estradiol can cause permanent infertility, and if your bones aren’t fused it can lead to permanent bodily feminisation (especially since you are 20, looking at your profile)? Nevertheless, you would estradiol as hemihydrate (Estrofem) or Estrogel. CPA has other issues such as high prolactin levels, along with its association with prolactinomas and meningiomas, which make it a questionable anti-androgen with long term use.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
You do realise that estradiol can cause permanent infertility, and if your bones aren’t fused it can lead to permanent bodily feminisation (especially since you are 20, looking at your profile)? Nevertheless, you would estradiol as hemihydrate (Estrofem) or Estrogel. CPA has other issues such as high prolactin levels, along with its association with prolactinomas and meningiomas, which make it a questionable anti-androgen with long term use.

How long does it take for irreversible infertility? do you think trying duta,spironolactone and estradiol for 6 months to see what results you could get could cause it or does it take longer than that? I would really like to see how much such a regimen could help me, would be nice to have a full head of hair again even if only for a little while.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long does it take for irreversible infertility? do you think trying duta,spironolactone and estradiol for 6 months to see what results you could get could cause it or does it take longer than that? I would really like to see how much such a regimen could help me, would be nice to have a full head of hair again even if only for a little while.

It takes longer than that if you don't use oral minoxidil; if you do use oral minoxidil, it speeds up the process significantly. It takes up to five years for the infertility to become permanent, depending on your age generally. For myself, fertility isn't an issue since there are other underlying issues which have made me come to the conclusion that ADT is the best option for myself.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
It takes longer than that if you don't use oral minoxidil; if you do use oral minoxidil, it speeds up the process significantly. It takes up to five years for the infertility to become permanent, depending on your age generally. For myself, fertility isn't an issue since there are other underlying issues which have made me come to the conclusion that ADT is the best option for myself.

What were the issues that made you feel comfortable taking this route in dealing with hair loss?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What were the issues that made you feel comfortable taking this route in dealing with hair loss?

Realising that ADT can make me more comfortable with myself. I’m definitely not transgender, and I don’t have gender dysphoria which makes me want to transition into a woman. But, maybe I’m one of the rare legitimate non-binaries since that is still under the umbrella of gender dysphoria (non-binary isn’t a gender, there’s only two genders, but that doesn’t mean there can’t be more classifications under gender dysphoria since there still is an uncomfortable nature with having a male hormonal system and other particularly male traits. Similar to androgyny, except there is a deeper meaning).

Last edited:

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, i do and i don't care. I don't plan to breed and reproduce anyway (i'm gay, so i would settle with a man). I am 2 months away from my 21st birthday, and i think i finished growing (i read that Estrogen therapy might make you lose height cause it will lead to demasculinisation, but not much height loss). I could play it safe and wait until the age 25 or something, but i don't think my follicles will live to see that age. If i start CPA, i would be on 50mg everyotherday (25mg a day) + Estrofem 2mg. I'm worried Estrofem at 2mg is alot, cause i'm not a transgender. Can i take 2mg everyotherday too (1mg everyday) ?? Does it even work that way ?? Btw, i hope i don't grow C-cup tits and big areola tissue. I'm fine with slight Gyno, but not normal women breasts. What's the difference between hemihydrate estradiol and other estradiol forms ??

melio

Reaction score
I think most people transitioning start at 2mg and then work up to 4/6mg. 2 isn't really a lot. Changes are also going to be slow, not overnight, so if you notice you're not comfortable with what's going on, you have time to back out.

I don't have data to back this up but from what I've read people on cpa who are TRYING to grow breasts have trouble doing so.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, i do and i don't care. I don't plan to breed and reproduce anyway (i'm gay, so i would settle with a man). I am 2 months away from my 21st birthday, and i think i finished growing (i read that Estrogen therapy might make you lose height cause it will lead to demasculinisation, but not much height loss). I could play it safe and wait until the age 25 or something, but i don't think my follicles will live to see that age. If i start CPA, i would be on 50mg everyotherday (25mg a day) + Estrofem 2mg. I'm worried Estrofem at 2mg is alot, cause i'm not a transgender. Can i take 2mg everyotherday too (1mg everyday) ?? Does it even work that way ?? Btw, i hope i don't grow C-cup tits and big areola tissue. I'm fine with slight Gyno, but not normal women breasts. What's the difference between hemihydrate estradiol and other estradiol forms ??

You are at a similar stance as me, since we are similar in that situation. You most likely will experience permanent bone feminisation (e.g. widening of hips, de-masculinisation), but it will be minor due to your age, and that you most likely are hitting the point of your bones fusing. I started my regimen at eighteen, which puts me at an entirely different situation. It won’t lead to height loss; I don’t suspect that happens for most.

Using that dose of estradiol won’t lead to the breast growth you are imagining it will. At most, it will be minor; many transgender women struggle to produce breast growth, which makes the chances of developing gynecomastia at such doses debatable. You could definitely get away with using 50mg/EOD of CPA, along with taking 2mg/day of estradiol. Estradiol as hemihydrate apparently is faster releasing, whilst valerate is slower releasing (when using Estrofem, use it through buccal administration; it’s much easier than sublingual administration, in my opinion).

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are at a similar stance as me, since we are similar in that situation. You most likely will experience permanent bone feminisation (e.g. widening of hips, de-masculinisation), but it will be minor due to your age, and that you most likely are hitting the point of your bones fusing. I started my regimen at eighteen, which puts me at an entirely different situation. It won’t lead to height loss; I don’t suspect that happens for most.

Using that dose of estradiol won’t lead to the breast growth you are imagining it will. At most, it will be minor; many transgender women struggle to produce breast growth, which makes the chances of developing gynecomastia at such doses debatable. You could definitely get away with using 50mg/EOD of CPA, along with taking 2mg/day of estradiol. Estradiol as hemihydrate apparently is faster releasing, whilst valerate is slower releasing (when using Estrofem, use it through buccal administration; it’s much easier than sublingual administration, in my opinion).
Thanks for the clarrification. I intend to start slow with these drugs (Estrogen and CPA). I will keep CPA at 50mg EOD while Estrofem at 2mg also EOD (it has a half life of 18-24 hours so it seems alright to start at EOD) and work my way slowly to ED. The buccal/sublingual methode was very informative, cause taking Estrogen orally will lead to a big portion of it being destroyed by stomach acids, while the remaining being attacked by the liver. I hope i can regrow more temple/hairline hairs on this new regimen when i get hold of it. I don't think i would need Bica anymore cause CPA+ Estrofem will put my T into low female range + DHT is already being stopped by dutasteride. This would atleast improve my skin (hopefully) right ??

melio

Reaction score
There would be no purpose to taking bica and cpa at the same time, no. Bica is just the safer drug, though measuring how much you need is trickier.

You're not going to have very even levels taking 2mg EOD if you do buccal/sublingual, which is conducive to generally...feeling bad. Most people split their doses at least between the AM and PM. That 18-24 hours figure is for if you're taking it orally. Levels peak and drop off much faster if you go the buccal/sublingual route.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There would be no purpose to taking bica and cpa at the same time, no. Bica is just the safer drug, though measuring how much you need is trickier.

You're not going to have very even levels taking 2mg EOD if you do buccal/sublingual, which is conducive to generally...feeling bad. Most people split their doses at least between the AM and PM. That 18-24 hours figure is for if you're taking it orally. Levels peak and drop off much faster if you go the buccal/sublingual route.
True. Bica also causes T flare (up to 2 fold), and without knowing your t levels prior and post Bica, getting the right dose is very tricky.

On the other hand, to my knowledge only estrogen valerate can be used by orally without reducing its bioavailability. Estrofem used by the buccal/sublingual methode raises its bioavailability by approx 5 times compared to oral route. Maybe i'll go 2mg Estrofem from the get go, because you are right that estrogen levels fall dramatically and very fast upon absorbing the pill. I was thinking that when i start CPA, i wait until it acheives steady state (about 10 days), and then introduce Estrofem. How much inhibition of T levels do you think i can acheive when i combine CPA 25 mg and Estrofem 2 mg ?? Will 2 mg raise my estrogen to low female levels or more ??

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarrification. I intend to start slow with these drugs (Estrogen and CPA). I will keep CPA at 50mg EOD while Estrofem at 2mg also EOD (it has a half life of 18-24 hours so it seems alright to start at EOD) and work my way slowly to ED. The buccal/sublingual methode was very informative, cause taking Estrogen orally will lead to a big portion of it being destroyed by stomach acids, while the remaining being attacked by the liver. I hope i can regrow more temple/hairline hairs on this new regimen when i get hold of it. I don't think i would need Bica anymore cause CPA+ Estrofem will put my T into low female range + DHT is already being stopped by dutasteride. This would atleast improve my skin (hopefully) right ??

I wouldn’t use the estradiol EOD, that can spark some issues; it’s best to be consistent with using E. It’s different with anti-androgens, but you definitely want to maximise the stabilisation of your estradiol levels from the start. It will improve your skin rather fast, probably at the one month mark. Regrowth of hair is hard to say, it’s different with each person in regards to the speed of it.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
True. Bica also causes T flare (up to 2 fold), and without knowing your t levels prior and post Bica, getting the right dose is very tricky.

On the other hand, to my knowledge only estrogen valerate can be used by orally without reducing its bioavailability. Estrofem used by the buccal/sublingual methode raises its bioavailability by approx 5 times compared to oral route. Maybe i'll go 2mg Estrofem from the get go, because you are right that estrogen levels fall dramatically and very fast upon absorbing the pill. I was thinking that when i start CPA, i wait until it acheives steady state (about 10 days), and then introduce Estrofem. How much inhibition of T levels do you think i can acheive when i combine CPA 25 mg and Estrofem 2 mg ?? Will 2 mg raise my estrogen to low female levels or more ??

It depends on the person. I’m on bicalutamide and estradiol, which has put my estradiol levels at almost 200 pg/mL, which is within the ranges for transgender women. You will definitely inhibit testosterone significantly, although it’s definitely better to initially start with a higher dose of CPA (around 50mg/day) for a month, and then decrease the dosage to 25mg/day.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It depends on the person. I’m on bicalutamide and estradiol, which has put my estradiol levels at almost 200 pg/mL, which is within the ranges for transgender women. You will definitely inhibit testosterone significantly, although it’s definitely better to initially start with a higher dose of CPA (around 50mg/day) for a month, and then decrease the dosage to 25mg/day.
I would've went with Bica if it wasn't so darn expensive here. I'm not really a fond of inhibiting my T production but i have no other choice at the moment. CPA is cheaper than Avodart (and Estrofem is dirt cheap) so i can stabilize on these new drugs until i am capable of securing myself with Casodex. I could take 2mg in the morning and 2mg at night, but i think 4 mg Estrofem is too much to start with. Btw, i was reading @bridgeburn amazing results on extreme regimen and he mentioned how he was worried he could develop tolerance to CPA. Does tolerance to drugs such as CPA really exists ??

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would've went with Bica if it wasn't so darn expensive here. I'm not really a fond of inhibiting my T production but i have no other choice at the moment. CPA is cheaper than Avodart (and Estrofem is dirt cheap) so i can stabilize on these new drugs until i am capable of securing myself with Casodex. I could take 2mg in the morning and 2mg at night, but i think 4 mg Estrofem is too much to start with. Btw, i was reading @bridgeburn amazing results on extreme regimen and he mentioned how he was worried he could develop tolerance to CPA. Does tolerance to drugs such as CPA really exists ??

Tolerance to these medications is rare, and usually happens to prostate cancer patients. A lot of the information we get is from prostate cancer pages; it’s useful, but they’re testing on prostate cancer cells usually.

In regards to your dosing, you would be fine using 2mg/day. You could always cut the pill (using a pill cutter) and take it at night and day, but personally I just take the 2mg at night.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tolerance to these medications is rare, and usually happens to prostate cancer patients. A lot of the information we get is from prostate cancer pages; it’s useful, but they’re testing on prostate cancer cells usually.

In regards to your dosing, you would be fine using 2mg/day. You could always cut the pill (using a pill cutter) and take it at night and day, but personally I just take the 2mg at night.
Is it necessary to take the estradiol at night ?? I am not a fond of cutting pills because i worry it may decrease its overall efficacy, i prefer to take the whole pill. And about the CPA dosage, should i start with the maximum dosage and then dial back like you said, or start slowly and pick up the dose after as my body adjusts to the drop in T. I don't want to shock my body severly.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it necessary to take the estradiol at night ?? I am not a fond of cutting pills because i worry it may decrease its overall efficacy, i prefer to take the whole pill. And about the CPA dosage, should i start with the maximum dosage and then dial back like you said, or start slowly and pick up the dose after as my body adjusts to the drop in T. I don't want to shock my body severly.

Your body won’t be shocked, but you could have a slight shed due to hormonal changes. It’s a minor shed, generally. It’s not necessary to take it at nighttime, but it’s definitely easier because you can allow the pill to dissolve whilst you are in bed. And, apparently your testosterone levels are higher in the morning, so you may find some comfortability knowing that you are preventing that.

In regards to the doses, you should start with 50mg/day (of CPA) for a month, and then dial it down to 25mg/day. You should use 2mg/day of estradiol from the get go, and maintain that dose.

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any reason no one has tried or talked about topical cypro? If wolfpac can do small doses at initial dose and then tone that down why not try the same in an ethanol solution just on scalp?

Brenna

My Regimen
Reaction score

No no no.

Cypro 50mg is in itself an extremely excessive dose. I don't think many non trans people understand just how potent cypro is, 25mg is the max dose prescribed to trans women to completely nuke T, and that usually throttles down to 12.5~mg once T is under control and your body is producing less in general.